PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Pokemon in your pokemon fiction?

Kohdok
21st July 2003, 01:47 PM
Do any of you use Legendary pokemon in your pokemon fics? If so, how do you use and/or introduce them?

For me, the answer is yes, but there is a gradual introduction and the legendary pokemon only works on its own accord.

Tyler and Hobbes
21st July 2003, 01:56 PM
*Spoilers (not that anyone reads -_-)*

They're only introduced in the movies (yes my fic has short stories that are what I call "movies*

ThePhenom
21st July 2003, 01:59 PM
As of right now, I'm only 6 chapters in and no sight of a legendary. :P

I've thought about plots for the rest of the journey and throwing in a Legendary somewhere hasn't even crossed my mind. I really don't want to have any/many legendary appearances ever, let alone early on, because I want my fic to have some semblence of reality(yes, I know Pokemon aren't real >:0). Maybe as my fic dies out I'll have a Legendary appearance just to end it on a good note. :P

UmbreonCurse
21st July 2003, 03:40 PM
Well..yes..and no. The legendaries are mentioned a few times and appear in a few dream sequences Once in a great while one of the characters may see one while half awake, or only a bit of the legendary (like seeing Mew's tail behind a tree or something) and as another example one of my crachers CLAIMS to have seen Mew but, Mew never really appears.

Wild Female Machoke
21st July 2003, 06:31 PM
Yes, I did use the legendary Pokémon in my fanfic. However, they are rarely used. Celebi is the first one that appeared, but readers had no idea about her significance until Chapter 5.

There are the made-up ones as well, but they were introduced in dream sequences.

The Rusted One
22nd July 2003, 05:37 AM
In my fic, that is yet to make the jump from mind to paper, I don't incorporate legendaries into the storyline proper; I do have a fairly complex movie story worked out and written down that includes the legendaries of my own pokédex, but the movie is built around them, rather than just mentioning them. The fic itself has, or will have, little to no mention of them at all (though if one is mentioned, it won't be amidst such consistency blunders as in the animé [re: Ash and Articuno in the second movie, and then in the Johto episodes concerning the same pokémon]).

Chris 2.1
22nd July 2003, 02:22 PM
I must admit Legendaries do appear in my fic; my most recently completed fic revolved around Articuno, until halfway through Articuno was ditched and flew off, so the journey to find him sunk :p

Suicune appeared, though, for NO REASON !

Oh, Latias and Latios were at the end, and they'd confused my character for Ash Ketchum, so they left :p

Dragon_Claw
22nd July 2003, 04:06 PM
Raikou stars in my fic, and so does Deoxys. It only happens in the end why they star there

God of Fire
22nd July 2003, 04:28 PM
My fanfiction stars the legendaries quite alot. Latios and Latias were the original Gods of the Pocket Monster era. Once Latias was killed though by the betrayl of the humans and by the hands of Deoxys, Latios created synthetic Gods which are all the existing legendaries. However 3 of the Legendaries felt a deep connection with the heroes of the story and began to realise Latios' intentions. Basically all the legendaries are evil exept those 3 (Kyogre, Groudon and Suicine) of and Entei, the wise one.

Toxicity
22nd July 2003, 06:42 PM
I haven't written one yet...but I might do a fic that involves Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, and Lugia....something like a movie, but with two different trainers, something like R/S when chaos comes.

Kohdok
22nd July 2003, 09:19 PM
*Spoilers! Don't ask, don't tell...*

Mine will include Ho-oh, and maybe a few more, but you'll never guess where they will come in...

Gavin Luper
26th July 2003, 01:49 AM
Well, Lisa the Legend is kind of centred around some of the legendaries, though they aren't always in the foreground. Nobody owns them, of course, since you can't catch a legendary. Not without being killed by them anyway.

LTL has Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Ho-oh and Lunanine featuring, though not all in the same way. The dogs have a kind of allegiance happening, which Ho-oh and Lunanine are more rare. Most of the fic so far doesn't actually make sense until I get past the second crossover, which is chapters 42-43.

Cheers!

Neo-Xantios
26th July 2003, 02:38 AM
Spoiler Alert!

In my fanfic, Zapdos appears. For the first, time, its motive is unknown, but it will reveal itself once again.... maybe to assist.

DannyBoy
26th July 2003, 03:08 AM
I think it is ok to maybe have 1 or 2 if its a trianer fi cor something around that. But if you do one about the legends like I have seen it is ok but dont over do a lot of stuff on them expand a little and talk about other almost legends and stuff would be really good to see.

mr_pikachu
26th July 2003, 04:42 PM
Spoiler Alert!!!

What are you doing?! Don't you want to keep the surprise?

Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you!

Alright, fine. I lied. No spoilers here. But I do have a bit of insight. I think that legendaries are used way, WAY too much in this type of scenario:

(let's use the name OzAndrew gave to his fake fic character for the mod contest...)

Tim walked along the path with his Level 107 Pikachu beside him. All of a sudden Pikachu's tail began to spark. That could only mean one thing. Another electric Pokemon was near.

Tim glanced around before spotting the yellow dog dashing around frantically. It knew Tim had spotted it, so now it had to battle.

"Go, Pikachu! Thunder!" Tim called out. Within a second clouds had formed overhead, and bolts of electricity flew toward the ground, striking Raikou. It was horribly charred and burned, and Tim knew this was his chance.

"Go! Pokeball!" he yelled. The red and white sphere struck Raikou, sucking it inside. It shook once, then twice, and finally three times before stopping.

"Yeah!" Tim yelled. "I caught Raikou!"

(Repeat the same thing for as many desired legendaries as you like.)

So, yeah, if the character is just running around catching legendaries, that isn't much of a story. If legendaries are to be used, there needs to be a truly unique idea around it, rather than the usual catch-all-the-world's-strong-Pokemon-and-trounce-my-opponents fic. So, yeah. That's my little tidbit of insight for you (with a bit of nonsense on the side).

Mewfour
26th July 2003, 06:23 PM
WARNING!! P.A.D.S.! SPOILERS AHEAD!!
(highlight to read)

Tom does run into a Moltres, but he doens't capture it. Instead, he protects it from capture, and in return, Moltres comes to help Tom out of a tough spot in a Pokemon fight.

geoff
28th July 2003, 08:15 PM
Bleh, I choose the non-existent "None of the Above" option.

*SPOILER, although I am SURE not going to actually give away anything*

I've made up one or two legends (ehhh... more like sub-legends, yet they're more like Jiirachi/Celebi/Mew. Eh, they're pretty much a new KIND of legendary!). They're a main part of part of the plotline (that wasn't a typo).

Powarun
29th July 2003, 07:24 PM
Yep, latios is caught, no really big dieal, he is just a playful little character that causes his trainer a whole mess. Then their is the legendary land, forgot what it was called, where you saw many legendaries

Mikey
29th July 2003, 08:42 PM
Legendary Pokemon may be seen in my fic, but my characters only witness them, they never try to capture them. Though they have yet to appear in my fic, I have big plans for cameo appearences by them. They will never be caught though.

Dragonfree
8th August 2003, 09:24 PM
Are you kidding? My fic is entirely based around the legendary pokémon, but they're not used at all. So I can't really vote...

Craig
11th August 2003, 01:24 AM
Yea, in my fic *discreit spoilers..* Celebi comes and explains something to Craig, the main character..but in a very odd way.

classy_cat18
13th August 2003, 12:55 AM
The main character in my fanfic seems to have a bit of a history with Raikou. I'm trying to fit some more legendaries in there, especially Mewtwo.

Orion
13th August 2003, 10:03 PM
In my brand-new Fic,"Dreams Of Mastery",I'll try to involve a lot,possibly most Legendary pokémon.They're important parts of the Pokémon World,and they earn to appear...

*SPOILER*

In Chapter 3 or 4,Charly will have a dream of a future event.This dream will be created by two Legendary Pokémon tied to dreams.

I like Legends to appear in a fic,it makes it kinda interesting.I don't like a human to use them,though,they must be free,and important in some way.

MatthewKetchum037
22nd August 2003, 09:12 PM
I do use the legends, like Lugia, but I introduce them gradually. They do play apart in my story, once it's typed, but you're right Orion. The legendaries shouldn't be caught, unless they're captured by bad guys or something like that. They should probably have some key role in stories, but I think they should be supporting characters to stories.

Anyways, that's what I think.

CharizardILG27
23rd August 2003, 02:29 PM
In my fic The Story of Matthew Henington you see all of them :D they are being controled by the Balance Orb which was stolen by a good guy who turned evil. None of them were caught

Rambunctious Jamirus
23rd August 2003, 02:36 PM
Hmm...I believe a Legend may pop up in my fics but just for a moment and for the feel that it's an actual story. No catching them or anything but they may come in.

*the keyword is may which means I don't know yet*