PDA

View Full Version : The Life and Adventures of Geo T. Rellic

SneaselReborned
29th June 2003, 01:47 PM
My newest fic, hopefully it will be completed -_-;;. Yes, its a little short.

The Life and Adventures of Geo T. Rellic
Chapter 1 – Humble Beginnings, Old Enemies, and New Friends
By: SneaselReborned

Geo T. Rellic was your average, local trainer. He had light brown hair, a slightly muscular build, black eyes, and always insisted on keeping his pokeballs in a tiny bag clipped to his belt. He raised his pokemon with care, and taught them as many new moves as he could. He prepares his own food, and was an expert at pokemon breeding. Geo trained many types of pokemon, but his favorite was the steel type. Many days he would gaze at his Steelix training against other trainers in awe. The glossy coat around his long snake would keep it safe from most melee attacks, and trainers had a tough time beating him. His Scizor kept him good company always, and he lived in a small apartment, though you could say he lived in the training arena, for that was where you could always find him.

Geo began his journey like most regular trainers. His roots came from a small town, and his first pokemon was still with him. His Eevee was always cute and fluffy, and would always cheer him up. Only a few minutes after dashing out of his local professor’s office, he found himself face to face with a Scyther, of which was now his Scizor. After catching this Scyther, he continued to travel along his quest, defeating Gym Leaders along the way. Geo never really got to completing the entire eight gyms, for he found a perfect place for himself in Bowrowan, a quiet little town with a small gym and training arena. Of course, Geo challenged the local gym leader, whose name was Lily, who specialized in the fire element, and was defeated easily due to the weaknesses of his pokemon. Ever since, Geo had trained quite hard to finally beat Lily, however, he never was able to accomplish his goal. Still, he was happy the way things were, and the extra training was fun.

Today, however, he was going to face up against a long time rival, Joseph, who also came from his hometown. Joseph had completed the quest for the 8 badges, and was on his way to the elite four when he decided to take a little detour into Bowrowan, and, after seeing Geo, has decided to challenge him. Of course, Geo accepted.

Seeing Joseph on the other end of the flat arena, Geo spat. He hated Joseph for all he was. Joseph had an extremely muscular body, which he never forgot to show off to Geo, had black hair, grey eyes, and wore baggy clothes. However, the one major difference between Geo and Joseph was that Joseph was rich. Filthy. Stinking. Rich. Every time a rare pokemon would come onto the market, Joseph would be the highest bidder. And then, after he obtaining rare pokemon, he would show off to Geo. Just the thought of how Joseph was treating his Dragonite made Geo’s blood boil. Joseph smirked, and called out to Geo.

“Three on three, fought right here, no backing out. You got it, chump?” Joseph called. Geo merely nodded his head, and sighed. There really was no backing out now. Geo smiled, and let out his Scizor beside him.

“Scizor, we don’t know what we are up against, but do your best out there.” Geo said, and Scizor nodded. Then, Scizor lifted into the air and buzzed around above the arena, awaiting Joseph’s pick.

“Ha! A wimpy Scizor! You’ll have no clue what hit you. Go Dragonite!” Joseph called, and out of one of his pokeballs the large creature emerged, “Dragonite, if you don’t win this I’m going to starve you for a week! So you better win you stupid dragon! I didn’t pay a few hundred thousand bucks just for a crappy piece of sh*t!”

“Scizor, you know what to do, right?” Geo asked, and Scizor nodded again.

“Dragonite, blast that little bug with your Sacred Fire! Geo, in case you didn’t know, Sacred Fire is the ultimate fire attack. I bought a TM for it off this stupid guy for a couple of million.” Joseph smirked, and a little ball of flames appeared in Dragonite’s mouth.

“Scizor, begin the anti-fire routine!” Geo yelled, and Scizor began to spin around, faster, and faster, claws outstretched. Even more now, faster, faster. Now Scizor was just a whirling cyclone. The ball of flames in Dragonite’s mouth became bigger, and suddenly erupted into an enormous fireball. Scizor continued to spin, and the ball hit the spinning Scizor head on. Instead of working as Geo has planned, the blast completely overtook Scizor, and left nothing but a charred bug on the ground.

“Haha! Your Scizor didn’t even stand a chance!” Joseph laughed at Geo, who gritted his teeth and pulled out another pokeball. Steelix would do no good right now, and Eevee would be better to use as a trump card. Ah, that’s it! Clefable!

“Go Clefable! Pelt that dragon with Ice Beam!” Geo yelled as the little fairy popped out of the ball and laughed a little before looking at Dragonite.

“Dragonite, use Aeroblast! Geo, I know you’re stupid, so you probably won’t realize that Aeroblast is the ultimate flying move. I got it for sixty million bucks!” Joseph grinned, and Geo gritted his teeth again, restraining himself from dashing across the field and trying to strangle Joseph.

A small white orb generated in Dragonite’s mouth. In Clefable’s mouth there was a light bluish orb, pulsating rapidly. Suddenly, out of Clefable’s mouth a beam of light blue energy streaked out. However, before it could make contact, a beam of white energy shot out of Dragonite’s mouth, blowing right past the other beam, and smashing into Clefable. Where the fairy once was there was nothing. Clefable was pinned against the wall some thirty feet away from the force of the attack.

“Okay, so Clefable didn’t work. Time to use my best. Eevee, come out!” Geo yelled, and his faithful Eevee came out of a pokeball, ready for battle. Eevee was no nonsense, and let out a growl at Dragonite.

“Oh, how cute…you’re using the wimp again! Dragonite, finish it with a Meteor Mash!” Joseph said. Geo was stunned, and took a step back. Joseph smirked, and watched. Even Joseph knew that the one move Geo wanted his pokemon to learn was Meteor Mash. Geo had even done extensive studies on all pokemon who could master the technique. “Geo, incase you want the Meteor Mash TM, I got mine for the looow cost of three hundred million. Hahaha!” Joseph laughed, and watched at Dragonite waves his hands in the air. Suddenly, millions of beams of white energy shot from the sky, pelting Eevee, leaving Geo defeated and humiliated. Geo recalled Eevee, and left the training arena, sulking. As he reached the door, Geo looked back and saw Joseph laughing. The last thing Geo heard was Joseph laughing.

Geo opened his eyes slowly, and found himself in a white room. Looking to the door, he saw a small cross engraved above it, and then saw Joseph leaning against the door frame snoozing lightly.

“Where am I? Why does my head hurt so much?” Geo asked, looking around. He saw a small side-table with a few get-well cards and a few small wrapped packages. Joseph awoke from his light snoozing, and quickly rushed beside Geo’s bed.

“As you left the training gym, you got hit by a drunk driver. I am so sorry, none of this would have happened if I hadn’t humiliated you so much. I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” Joseph got down on his knees next to Geo’s bed, and tried to smile as best he could.

“Wait, wait, wait. You’re telling me I got hit by a car? And what is all this stuff next to my bed?” Geo said, pointing to the sidetable next to his bed.

“You’ve been here a whole week, Geo, and you’ve been slipping in and out of consciousness. These are cards and gifts from close friends. And here,” Joseph said, picking up one of the wrapped packages, “Is mine. Open it, please.”

“Ugh…my head. Okay, I’ll open your gift.” Geo was slightly unsure as he tore open the gift wrapping. Suddenly, he gasped. No, this is not happening. This is totally not happening.

On his lap, right in front of him, was a genuine Meteor Mash TM, teachable to any pokemon. Geo gasped again, and laid his head back on his pillow.

“It did take me a few days to find a good priced one off eBay, but it was worth it. Please, do you want to be friends?” Joseph asked, and he looked very sincere.

“Joseph, yes. Lets be friends. So, how long do the doctors think until I’ll be out of this place?” Geo asked, looking very positive.

“Well, they told me to wait until you woke up, because you can leave now!” Joseph said, and he pulled Geo from his pillow. Geo slowly got to his feet, and then walked out of the hospital, his pokeballs still on the little bag on his belt.

GeneChildMewtwo
29th June 2003, 04:30 PM
Well, here's my two cents.

This fic shows a lot of potential. I liked how the main character isn't the standard "Let's get 8 badges and beat the League!" kind of guy. You've done a good job developing his likes and dislikes, and you have a good starting point to further develop Geo.

His rival Joseph also has a defined personality, and has the potential to become an interesting character. He seems to be the kind of person that believes that money can get them anything, and has enough money to support that belief. I thought it was kind of odd that someone could buy TMs for moves such as Sacred Fire and Aeroblast, since those techniques are unique to two specific Legendary Pokemon, but I can see that your intent was probably to show just how much Joseph depended on and flaunted his masive bank account.

There is a good amount of description, but things seemed to go very quickly at the end... the last part didn't seem to fit well. It's odd that Geo was just struck by a car, then woke up without any memory of it. Also, I'm suprised he had already recovered if he wasn't concious enough to remember any of his hospital stay or the incident leading to it. Also, Joseph's sudden revelation seemed a bit too sudden. I can't see the person you portrayed earlier just suddenly feeling sorry for something like that. Really, he seems to me like the person who would brush it off, and probably make mention of how Geo should be more careful, or maybe Geo's just unlucky. Joseph might care somewhat, as they might be "friends", so maybe he wouldn't be that heartless. But I can't see him breaking down and begging for forgiveness like that.

Don't get discouraged however. I think that this fic has potential, and if you stick with it, I have a feeling you'll do great. ^_^

SneaselReborned
29th June 2003, 11:21 PM
GeneChildMewtwo - Wait...I think I said that Geo was knocked out for a week, and that's quite enough time to reflect on your actions. Yes, I did allow him insane TMs and stuff just to show the fact that he was that...rich. Lol. Erm...you'll find out why Geo had no memory of it...later. Yeah...umm...right. Whee! ^_^! Thanks for reading! Next chapter (well, actually Chapter Two, Part One) should be out either tomorrow or the next day, most probably late tommorow/next day.

Neo-Xantios
30th June 2003, 09:17 AM
Hello, SneaselReborn. This is one of the better fanfics I've read. The descriptions are deep and the plot is well defined. The characters are also vivid and I think Joseph will be one of the greater characters. As long as you continue this fic, I'm sure it'll get much attention.

Dewgongtears
30th June 2003, 12:13 PM
Hi SneaselReborn this is a really good Fanfic. The characters seem real to me and the way they act really brings them to life. The plot is very good and I know you will do many great chapters in the future.

SneaselReborned
30th June 2003, 06:08 PM
Neo-Xantios - Thanks for reading! Joseph definitely gets interesting. Whee!

Dewgong Tears - Thanks for reading! Next chapter should be out by tonightish or something. =D

SneaselReborned
1st July 2003, 11:51 AM
Missed my deadline. Ah well...

This half-chapter is weird, so don't be too astonished. Also, its short, so don't be too scared.

Chapter Two, Part One – Farewells, Murders, and Flashbacks

After Geo and Joseph became friends, Joseph stayed at Geo’s place for a few nights, and they were always training. Geo was very impressed at Joseph’s incredible attacks his pokemon had learned, and was content studying their powers and effects. One notable feature he found was that most Dragonites shouldn’t be able to perform a technique such as Aeroblast. However, this was later disproved as Joseph showed that his Dragonite’s family had been constantly bred with Pidgeots, a powerful user of Aeroblast, which showed why Dragonite possessed the ability to learn such a move. Geo and Joseph battled again, and once more Geo was swept. However, this time Geo was able to knock out Joseph’s Tyranitar and his Metagross, both of which were only trainees at the time. Afterwards, the two trainers continued little sparring matches and other various training for their pokemon.

However, there is also a time when everybody has to say goodbye. Unfortunately for Geo, this time came rather fast, as one day Joseph told him that he was leaving to defeat the Elite Four. Geo tried to persuade him to stay, but Joseph insisted that he must go. So, Geo was slightly dismayed, but tried not to show it.

“So, Joseph, do you need anything before you go?” Geo asked as both trainers sat together eating breakfast for what was probably their last time.

“Well, actually I would like some more of that wonderful pokemon food you can make. My Dragonite really enjoys eating it.” Joseph said, drinking from his large glass of orange juice.

“Oh, yes, you may have as much as you want!” Geo said happily, and he passed over a plate of eggs to Joseph, who took some quickly.

“Yuw mow,” Joseph took time to swallow a bit of toast, “You know, you really need to start marketing this food. It would really be a hit!”

“Well, you know, I guess I might be able to make some money…hmmm, you’re right. Anyway, are you finished with your meal?” Geo said, finishing off his plate and getting up slowly.

“Yes, I believe it is time to go. Its so hard to say goodbye, though.” Joseph said as he got up and put his pokeballs back on his belt.

“Well, you know, it’s the best for both of us. You really need to participate in the Elite Four tournament, and I need to continue my training.” Geo said slowly as he walked to the door of his small apartment. Joseph followed him, and soon they were outside, walking towards Geo’s car.

“Are you taking the bus or a plane?” Geo asked as he got into the driver’s seat, motioning for Joseph to sit in the passenger’s seat. Joseph sat down, and they began to drive.

“Of course, I’m taking a plane! First class, the only way to fly!” Joseph said happily as he whipped out a ticket from his pocket.

“Figures,” Geo muttered as they drove in silence to the airport.

A few hours later Geo was back at his apartment building, sitting on his small couch and watching TV.

“So. Boring. Nothing. Good. On.” Geo moaned, and he was about to pick up the remote when suddenly the TV screen turned black. Now interesting, Geo waited as the colors returned, this time to a news announcement. Geo listened as the reported was talking about the so-called “breaking news”.

“And it’s true. Dear Lily, our beautiful fiery Gym Leader has been assassinated. Today, at approximately 2:30 PM, an evil person snuck into the Gym with evil intentions. Instead of battling Lily, this person shot her in the heart three times before taking a badge and running.”

Geo was startled. He laid his head back, closed his eyes, and then looked back at the screen as the report continued.

“Fortunately, the dastardly person who attacked Lily has been apprehended, and it facing a minimum punishment of fifty years in prison. If anybody has ever seen this person or knows him, please come down to the Police Station on 52nd Street to testify.” The reporter finished the report, and a picture of a man showed up on the screen.

Geo gasped. He was staring right at the face of Joseph. And then, the screen turned black once more, returning to Geo’s original channel.

Geo turned off the TV, and just laid there. He closed his eyes, and thought what would drive Joseph to such madness.

It was a freezing winter day when last Joseph and Geo met. Both of them were not very experienced, and neither of them had a very powerful squad. However, both of them pushed through the snow, trying to be the first to reach the top of Mount Alpha. Joseph won in the end, but Geo arrived mere seconds later. And then, on the top of Mount Alpha, Joseph and Geo had an insane battle. It was to be a one on one, and Joseph was using his Dragonair. Geo, of course, was using his Eevee, which knew a slight variety of moves. Joseph, however, knew he could win easily. Then again, there was something he didn’t count on. The freezing temperatures had a big effect on Dragonair’s fighting ability.

“Come on Eevee, you can do it! Use your Tri Attack!” Geo said happily, watching his little furry friend fight.

“Dragonair, you have to win! Or else! HYPER BEAM!!!!” Joseph yelled. Dragonair shivered as it hovered in the air, and then it let out a small beam of white energy. Eevee fired a large triforce-like symbol colored red, blue, and yellow, which blew right back the little ray of energy Dragonair had put out, and slammed into Dragonair. Dragonair crumpled and fell to the ground. Joseph had suffered his first loss.

Suddenly, Joseph glared at Geo.

“Hahahaha! Hahahaha! Hahahahahahah! I cannot let anybody who defeats me live. Die, fool.” Joseph said with a smirk, and he pulled out a large laser cannon. Geo took a step back, and put his hand up.

“Joseph! Joseph! What are you doing!?!?!” Geo screamed, and Joseph laughed again. Suddenly, Joseph’s expression changed, and he let the gun drop to the snow.

“Wait, wait wait. Oh no! The red x…this is terrible. I must notify my father!” Joseph yelled, and he recalled Dragonair, and then dashed down Mount Alpha. Geo was left staring, only to have Eevee bring him back into the real world by a quick kick.

“The red x. I must go talk to Joseph about this.” Geo said resolutely, and he got up, grabbed his pokeball bag, and left the apartment building.

As Geo walked up to the Police Station, which was mere minutes from his apartment, Geo thought. What could the red x be? What could it be? Suddenly, Geo slammed into something hard. In his haste and his thoughts, he had banged into the door of the police station. Now rubbing his nose, he entered the police station, only to see four men in white coats dragging Joseph out of the building.

“Geo! Geo! You must help me! The Red X has my family! Please Geo, you are the last hope! Find my father! You need the-mmph!” One of the whitecoats muffled Joseph’s plea for help, and Joseph screamed and pulled, but the four whitecoats were too strong. They dragged him out of the police station, and shoved him in the back of a large white van. In moments, they were gone.

”Psycho…” The desk clerk at the police station muttered. Geo continued to stare blankly at the door. Upon it, there were two marks, forming a red X.

…To Be Continued…

Dewgongtears
1st July 2003, 01:14 PM
It was not to short but it was still good no matter what size. That was a nice chapter indeed you do have skills in you and the next chapters will be good too.

Neo-Xantios
2nd July 2003, 07:21 AM
Amazing! That chapter reveals a bit of the secret in every line. I can't wait to see what happens next. Your writing style and vocabulary is breakneck! Keep it up, my friend.

EDIT: If you think your chapters are short, read Holes. :P

SneaselReborned
2nd July 2003, 10:57 AM
Dewgongtears - Thanks! Yeah, it was kinda short, but then again, its just Part One of Chapter Two. Anyway, the next chapter might take a little longer due to being out most of the day today. Meh.

Neo-Xantios - Thanks for reading! Yes, I have read Holes, but I'm only comparing this to other fics I see. The next chapter might just reveal a little bit more of that little secret plot.

*********SMALL SPOILER***********

Joseph and his father are not completely "normal".

*****END OF SMALL SPOILER*****

GeneChildMewtwo
2nd July 2003, 08:01 PM
It seems that something is going on behind the scenes... Something strange. Hopefully the "Red x" has nothing to do with Internet Explorer not finding your picture however. ^_^

There isn't much I can see to criticise you on, and I agree that you've got writing skill. So all you really need to do is write more chapters. ^_^

Well, I'll be waiting for the next chapter. Keep it up!:wave:

(No, I didn't intend to end every statement with a smiley. It just happened.)

Neo-Xantios
2nd July 2003, 08:55 PM
Hmm, I have a feeling Joseph's father is the mastermind.

SneaselReborned
7th July 2003, 12:50 PM
I'm not letting this fic die! But still, I am really busy, and I get to go on a vacation soon too, so it might be awhile before more chapters comes out. However, I'll try to get Chapter 2, Part 2 out ASAP!!! =D=D=D

Neo-Xantios
7th July 2003, 10:23 PM
Don't worry, I'll be an avid reader. Your fic is unique! But try get something out fast! :D

SneaselReborned
10th July 2003, 10:05 PM
This chapter has a reference to another person with a fanfic (and also an ASB mod^_^). I was hoping to ask her for permission to use her, but I guess I'll ask her later. Don't want to keep too many people waiting!

Also, this chapter was done actually a day or two or maybe three back but I was hoping for permission to use the chacter. Sorry to keep any readers waiting.

Chapter Two, Part Two – Searches, Gym Leaders, and Grand Melees

Geo was hunched over the computer in the library, typing furiously at the keyboard. Lets see, come on, come on. There must be some record of Mr. Solomon…Oh COME ON! A library assistant came over and tapped Geo on the shoulder.

“Your time is almost up.” The lady grunted, and walked back over to the desk she was working on.

“Damnit. No luck today.” Geo muttered, and he shut down the computer. Slowly, he walked out of the library feeling very disheartened.

For three days Geo had been visiting the library, searching through records and records for Joseph’s dad, Mr. Solomon. However, everything had come out to nothing. It was a known fact that Joseph’s dad had left the family when Joseph was 10 years old, yet Joseph did seemed to be seeing him sometimes. Geo got into his car, and drove back to his apartment, still thinking of how to find Joseph’s dad. Why didn’t Joseph tell me? Wait a minute. That’s it! Joseph!

Instead of continuing back to his apartment, Geo took a little side-trip to the Police Station. As he reached there, he found it quiet and lonely. The red X had been removed from the door, and nothing seemed amiss. Geo walked to the desk, and tapped lightly on it once before a police officer emerged, taking a big bite out of a donut.

“Why’r yah disturbin’ mah?” the officer said in an almost drunk way, though Geo knew he was just like this.

“I need some information. A little while ago Joseph Solomon was taken away from this town, and I need to know where he is at the moment.” Geo said slowly, making sure the officer understood.

“Why’r yah talkin’ all weird loik thart? Bu’ naw, oi can’t give yah that infermartion!” The officer said sluggishly.

“Please Mister? I really need to know!” Geo pleaded, and the officer put his hand to his chin, thinking.

“Hummm, how bou’ tis, yah laive roit naow, ar oi’ll have te shoot yah!” The police officer grinned, and Geo looked down. This wasn’t going to be easy.

“Fine, fine, fine. Can you at least tell me who were the people who took him away?”

“Yep yep yep! Dey war da litel groop called deh rod egs! Weird naim, roight, litel boiy?” The police officer swaggered around a little, and then sat down on a swiveling chair and started spinning like a little child. Geo left, feeling quite dissatisfied with the day’s progress.

As Geo got home, he saw that his apartment door was slightly ajar. Curious, he slowly stepped into the little room, and found a small boy lying down on the bed. Sneaking up on his, Geo grabbed the boy’s hands and held them behind his back as he lifted the boy into the air.

“You little cretin! Get out of here, scumbag!” Geo yelled, and the boy winced.

“No! Please no, sir! I have a message for you!” The boy screamed, and Geo let loose his grip slightly. This might be about Joseph, Geo thought. Suddenly, the little boy ripped free from Geo’s hands, and dashed out the door. Geo was slightly puzzled until he found that he boy had robbed the house of whatever cash it had in it.

“Little cretin. I need a better security system in this stupid place.” Geo muttered, and he lay down on the bed, tired out from the day’s work. In about an hour, there was a knock on the door. Geo slowly opened the door, and got ready if the boy was back. However, this time he found his landlord looking very angrily at him.

“Geo, the mayor wants to see you. Why, if you did anything bad at all, you’ll ruin me. Don’t screw up…that’s an order!” The little man yelled as Geo grabbed his pokeball bag and left his apartment for the lobby, where he would meet the mayor. This is odd, Geo thought as he hurried down the stairs to the lobby.

As Geo approached, he found the mayor talking very happily with another young man about the same age as him and a woman who seemed older.

“Oh, Geo, I see you are finally here! Please, please, come meet my friends. This is Alexander, and this is Karin.” The mayor said excitedly. Geo shook the two’s hands, and then confronted the mayor.

“So, why exactly am I here?” Geo asked.

“Well, you are one of the candidates for the new Gym Leader position. We are going to have a massive melee battle where the winner will claim the Gym position. It will take place tomorrow at noon, in the gym arena. And with that, good bye, I must meet my next appointment.” The mayor rushed off, and Karin and Alex went their own separate ways, leaving only Geo to wonder why the meeting had been so short. And then it all sunk in.

He had a chance of becoming a Gym Leader. Geo backed up a bit, and and sat down on a bench. Was this really possible? His true dream…to become a Gym Leader…it might be finally happening. Was it possible? Geo slowly walked back to his apartment, and he went to sleep straight away.

The moment of truth was coming fast, and Geo was as ready as ever. With his newly acquired Meteor Mash TM, he knew his Eevee would smash the competition. That morning he had fed him with the finest pokemon food he could make, and he was sure Eevee would win. Smiling at his friend, Geo recalled him back into his pokeball, and made his way out of the apartment complex with his pokeball bag strung on his belt.

It was nearly noon, and now Geo was starting to get anxious. Would he survive the melee? How many competitors would there be? Would it be really tough? Could Eevee do it? All these questions buzzed through his head as he drove nearer and nearer towards the Gym. He tensed up on the wheel, and parked quickly. In a second, Geo was inside the large colloseum-like gym, and he was already fingering Eevee’s pokeball when he gasped in awe. This wasn’t going to be a small private arena. There were tons of people sitting down in the huge battle arena. Geo gulped nervously, and slowly went to his competitor’s box. He let Eevee out, and watched as the other competitors got into their own boxes.

“Eevee, this is the toughest match we’ve ever faced. Do you best, and I’m proud of you.” Geo said, and he scooped up Eevee in his hands. Eevee smiled a little, and gave a quick nod. He was ready for a fight. Geo smiled, and recalled Eevee.

“COMPETITORS, TAKE YOUR PLACES! THE MATCH WILL BEGIN AT THE SOUND OF THE BELL! DIIIINNNNGGG!!!” The loudspeaker boomed, and the arena became very quiet. And then, pandemonium broke out. The crowd cheered, and the competitors threw out their pokeballs.

Geo looked around, in awe of the trainer’s pokemon. There was an Altaria from one trainer, and a Sandslash from another. Another trainer was using a Machamp, and one was using a Blastoise. There was one Wobbuffet, and one Alakazam. Finally, there was another Eevee. Geo looked from that Eevee to his own, and smiled. At least somebody had good taste.

And then the grand melee began! The Altaria fired off a beam of icy white energy at the Sandslash, who was busy trying to tear the Alakazam’s head off. Both Geo’s Eevee and the other Eevee (which happened to be Karin’s) stayed to the edge of the combat, and both shot off different attacks at the other people. Geo’s Eevee was firing off a rapid volley of swift stars while Karin’s had decided to fire off a large beam of shadows. Of the other combatants, Blastoise was doing surprisingly good, but Machamp was doing horrible. After being beaten into the wall for the umpteenth time by Alakazam, it finally slunk down and fainted. The trainer recalled him in a huff and left the arena. Altaria was now having trouble, as Sandslash had climbed onto it’s cloud and has started to attack it viciously. Wobboffet wasn’t doing so great, because whenever it would counter an attack from Blastoise, Alakazam would hurt it, and whenever it coated Alakazam’s attack, Blastoise crushed it into the ground. After quite a deal of fighting, Wobbofet fell, and Alakazam and Blastoise decided it was time to finish each other off.

All this while, Geo’s Eevee was just firing off swift stars. Karin’s Eevee, on the other hand, was attacking with a beam of purple energy. Geo’s heat seeking shurikens were doing quite well, and the psybeams from Karin were also weakening the enemies. Finally, it was too much for Altaria. Beat up and bleeding, the cloud pokemon was recalled and the trainer left in a sulk. Geo’s Eevee was charging up a huge beam of shadows, and suddenly the beam was launched at Alakazam. Alakazam was hit back, and it slammed into the walls and fainted. Blastoise met the same fate, but this time only to Karin’s Eevee’s thunderbolt. And then, it was two. Only the Eevee’s were left standing.

“Lune, finish this Eevee! Hidden Power Dark!” Karin yelled, and suddenly the arena turned black. And then, Geo’s Eevee was hurled backwards forcefully, and was slammed into the wall. Eevee cried out in pain while Lune just snickered.

“Eevee, you know what to do!” Geo yelled, and suddenly a star appeared in the air. Out of it, tons of small white stars showered upon Lune, who screamed in pain as the mini meteors slammed into his body. “Finish it Eevee! Use your Blizzard!”

Eevee’s mouth turned icy blue, and his body turned blue as well. Suddenly, a shower of icicles erupted from Eevee’s mouth. Lune was hit hard, and he slammed into the wall. Lune slowly got up, and a trickle of blood came down from Lune’s mouth.

“No! LUNE!!” Karin screamed, but her Eevee had fallen. But then, Lune’s body became surrounded in light. And then Lune’s body began to shift. Blue rings appeared on him, and he grew bigger and blacker. His fur was glistening and smooth, and he snickered. The Umbreon had been released. “Lune? Lune? LUNE! Yes! Use your Faint Attack!”

Suddenly, Lune disappeared from view. Eevee looked around in amazement, and then suddenly was hit by a hard blow to the head. Eevee fell to the ground in pain as Lune reappeared right where he was earlier. Eevee slowly got up, only to be hit by Lune, who madly dashed at him. Eevee flew through the air, and slammed into the wall of the colloseum. Slowly he got up, and now it was his turn for his body to glow white. The crowd gasped as something began to shimmer on the glowing Eevee.

Neo-Xantios
11th July 2003, 10:05 PM
The best chapter so far! Eevee and Lune were awesome and the battle was intense. For this chapter, I couldn't predict anything, besides the result of the battle. But then, the battle didn't finish. I can't wait to read on. Post the next chapter sooner, please! :D

P.S. Cool, new sig. Ooo, Matrix Pokémon. Original indeed!

GeneChildMewtwo
12th July 2003, 02:02 AM
Hmm... So Geo gets a chance to acheive his dream. Although, he also has to deal with the problem surrounding his friend...

That battle was really interesting, and now it's come down to the two Pokemon-formerly-known-as-Eevee to finish this match. Although, I wonder what will kind of power will awaken from within Geo's Eevee?

I'll be waiting for the next chapter. Keep it up!:wave:

Charizard04621
12th July 2003, 02:14 PM
Whoa, I'm in a fic? With my Eevee, too. Hehe. And you chose the right evolution. Kudos.

Mmh... Not much to say at this point, except the story moves really, really quickly. I also find the breeding and TM compatabilities very odd. The Dratini line will have nothing to do with Pidgeot, and Psybeaming Eevees are funny... But I guess the world you're creating here has mutated pokémon who have been genetically engineered multiple times. It's interesting, to say the least. ^_^;

[EDIT]: And I doubt Geo's Eevee is gonna evolve into an Espeon, as that seems so out of character. It'll probably become some sort of Steel-type eeveelution that you've conjured up, especially since Geo loves the Steel type. And the last time I checked, the only time an Umbreon would have a hard time with an Eeveelution would be if it's a Steel type or something.

SneaselReborned
12th July 2003, 05:26 PM
Neo-Xantios - Thanks for reading! Yeah, teh matrix was made my Hexae, but it wasn't my idea, but I still like it^_^. Go me!

GeneChildMewtwo - Geo might get a little carried away...but he'll help Joseph ^_^. The end of the battle is cool^_^.

Charizard04621 - Yup, you're in a fic. I was anyway going to make it an Umbreon, and I thought, "Hey, why not use Lune?" so yeah. =D. Oh, and the time period is a little more advanced, past the part where certain pokemon are restricted to few TMs. As for the evolution, did I ever say I was going to have a Steel type;) ?

NOTE TO ALL READERS - I am going to be leaving on vacation from June 14 to somewhere around June 24. If anybody would be willing to keep bumping this up when it gets to page three and then deleting the bump in half an hour or so, then that would be awesome. =D

SneaselReborned
24th July 2003, 06:39 PM
Back from my vacation, and here we go! Chapter Three!

Chapter Three – Championships, Gym Matches, and Cliffhangers

The crowd gasped as something began to shimmer on the glowing Eevee. Geo let out a wide smile as the outline of Eevee shimmered. This was it. Eevee was finally going to evolve and beat Umbreon! Karin gasped. This was not good at all for Lune. After just evolving, a loss could be crushing to one’s pride.

Suddenly, the crowd gasped for a second time. Geo was horrorstruck. The glow surrounding Eevee had vanished, and a light layer of smoke surrounded him. Like a rocket the smoke flew towards Lune, and it sucked itself into his black body. And then Eevee fell to the floor, defeated.

“What! WHAT?!?! What just happened!” Geo jumped into the air, yelling and screaming. How could this be? Why did Eevee just suddenly fall?

“Hehe, hehe. Hum, uh, yeah. Hahahah! I see you like Lune’s Hidden Power of Darkness, no?” Karin said, but Geo could see her voice was shaky. An Umbreon had never used the kind of power Lune released before, especially one that just evolved moments ago. “So, I win! Yes! I win! I’m the new Gym Leader! I am victorious!”

“No way. This couldn’t happen. No, no, no! So close! And then it all came down to this. I lost.” Geo shook his head, and took a step back to take in this new information. He had lost, fair and square. “Impossible.” Geo muttered, and he recalled Eevee. Sulking, he stepped down from the competitor’s square, and left the Colloseum, heavily disappointed.

For the next few days, Geo refused to do anything. He just ate, slept, and watched TV. Even watching TV made him sad, because the news was always that the new Gym Leader had won another tough match, or the new Gym Leader had beaten a new opponent, or even the new Gym Leader’s Pikachu was awesome, and sometimes debate on if Lune or Shockwave was better. Geo was sick of it all. There had to be some way to get away from the new Gym Leader stuff.

How could he lose like this? Wasn’t he the one who had trainer for so long just to get to this point? Geo shook his head. It was time to settle the score. He had a badge to win. Geo grabbed his pokeball bag and left the house. He decided to walk to the gym and get a little fresh air.

About thirty minutes later Geo was standing outside the newly named “4,621 Gym”. Embedded in the door was the “Large Number Badge” which was a picture of an Eevee, a Pikachu, and a Charizard intertwined. Geo sighed slightly, and opened the door. It was time for him to finish was he started earlier.

Walking across the white marble floor and then to the front desk, Geo stopped, and looked to the battle arena. Shockwave the Pikachu was battling another trainer’s Metang, and was apparently winning by a great distance. The scoreboard showed that Shockwave had downed one of the enemy’s pokemon, and was starting on the second. Suddenly, a blur streaked across the screen, and a huge flash of light erupted from somewhere. Shockwave stood proudly on the fallen metal beast, and the other trainer frowned while Karin smiled. The other trainer looked to his last pokeball, and let it fly. It was a Shellder, and it wobbled around on its shell to get closer to Shockwave.

Shockwave looked back to Karin, but Karin just nodded. Frowning, Shockwave prepared to send this enemy to the emergency room. Without any warning, the Shellder jumped onto Shockwave, and gripped his ear. A white light surrounded the clamping pokemon, and a huge explosion rocked the building. Karin gasped, and the other trainer laughed.

“Going out with a bang is always fun, isn’t it?” The other trainer cackled, and recalled Shellder and left. Karin rushed to Shockwave, who was bleeding like mad and whose ear was slightly torn. Geo grimaced. If he had been the Gym Leader right now, maybe Eevee would have the same fate, or worse.

“Hello, sir, are you planning on asking me anything anytime today?” An obnoxious woman said behind the front desk.

“Sure. When can I have a Gym match?”

“What? Ahahahahaha! You really are a wise guy, aren’t you? When can you have a Gym match? People have been waiting for months!”

“But…the gym leader just came in!”

“Last Gym Leader had a long line waiting.”

“What? This is insane. Bad service, I say.”

“Well, you know what I think? I think you should scram, you idiot.” The clerk said, and made a signal ‘get away’.

“Geo, come over here. You can have a Gym match if you like.” Karin yelled from the arena, having just finished tending to Shockwave.

“Really? Cool, thanks!” Geo yelled back, and he ran over to the combatant’s box. A referee came out, and began to explain the rules.

“This will be a three on three challenge. A switch-out counts as a knockout, so be weary. Ready, begin!” The ref yelled, and he swiped his flag.

“Karin, I think I can finally counter Lune! Steelix, its time to rock!” Geo yelled, and he tossed Steelix’s pokeball out. Steelix roared, and then smirked.

“Aha! So, you think Lune is all I can whip up? Even though Shockwave is injured and cannot fight, I still have one more combatant! Hyperion!” Karin yelled, and a silver Charizard came out of a pokeball. Geo gasped.

“Its…its…but its silver.” Geo managed to get out the words, but Karin cut in.

“Yes, Hyperion is silver, and he will destroy Steelix! Flamethrower!” Fire roared out of Hyperion’s mouth, and it singed Steelix, who winced in pain.

“Steelix, try to wrap him!”

“Hyperion, dodge it! You can do this!”

Hyperion took to the air while Steelix’s tail began to home onto him. Panting slightly, Hyperion kept dodging the metal tail of doom. Suddenly, Hyperion screamed. From behind, Steelix bit into Hyperion’s wing, and the fire lizard fell to the ground and the metal tail wrapped around Hyperion, and he gagged.

“Hyperion! Please do this! Fire Blast!” A fiery kanji burst out of Hyperion’s mouth, and it slammed into Steelix, who screamed in pain, and let go of Hyperion. Taking a second to catch his breath, the Charizard tried flying. In the air, Hyperion laughed. It was time for payback.

“Steelix, just wrap it again!” Geo yelled, and the tail of doom homed onto Hyperion again.

“Tie it in knot!” Karin yelled, and Hyperion smirked.

Suddenly, Hyperion dashed downwards, and Steelix easily took the tail down and followed. After about thirty seconds of this, Steelix frowned. He had tied himself in a knot by following Hyperion. Laughing, another fiery kanji erupted from Hyperion’s mouth. Steelix was down.

Eevee had to be saved for when he was really needed, so it was time for Clefable or Scizor. Of course, the obvious choice was Clefable, so Geo picked up his pokeball and tossed it into the arena. The little fairy appeared happily, and smiled at Hyperion.

“Clefable, use your Water Gun!” Geo yelled, and Clefable let out a super-fast jet of water at Hyperion. Hyperion cried in pain, and responded with a blast of fire of his own. Clefable was hurt, but still up.

“C’mon Clefable! Do it for Steelix! Water Gun!” Geo yelled, and another super-fast jet of water hit the fire lizard, and Hyperion was down.

“Hmm, so early. Well, Hyperion fought well, but now its Lune’s turn!” Karin yelled, and Lune’s pokeball was hurled onto the field. The sleek Umbreon grinned, and looked to the fairy, who was quite nervous at the dark aura surrounding Umbreon.

“Clefable, use your DynoPort!” Geo yelled, and suddenly Clefable flickered out of view. In an instant, she was above Umbreon with her fist crackling with energy. Punching down, Clefable found herself punching into air, and Umbreon was atop her, slamming her into the ground. Umbreon laughed, and stomped Clefable one last time before letting the fallen pokemon be recalled.

“Hmmmm, Lune has gotten stronger. However, no matter, Eevee, we can do this!” Geo finally sent out his stronger and most trained pokemon, Eevee. The little furry creature smiled at Lune, who gave him a cold, hard stare. “Eevee, mash him! Meteor!”

Suddenly, out of the sky hundreds of stars began to pound Lune, who screamed in pain as they cut deep into his flesh. Green poisons fell out of his body as the stars cut into him. Suddenly, Lune disappeared, and slammed into Eevee from behind, and then returned to his original location, smirking. And then Eevee began to glow…just like last time.

“No! No! No! Eevee! No please! This can’t be the end of it again! Lune may be strong, but please try to beat him! Do it for me!” Geo yelled, but the glow around Eevee ceased to stop. Lune smirked, and Eevee’s glowing form, began to distort slightly. Suddenly the entire arena turned dark, and Eevee glowing body was the only light available.

“Geo, you know what’s coming. Do you really want to put Eevee through this?” Karin yelled across the arena.

“No, Eevee, please, don’t fall like this! It can’t be! No! Eevee, please withstand it!” Geo yelled, but Eevee didn’t move even an inch.

Once again, a wispy bit of smoke surrounded Eevee, and then rushed to Lune, who absorbed it. Eevee fell to the ground in pain, and slumped down. The arena turned back to normal, and the lights came bck. Geo sighed. And then, there was a slight twitch in Eevee’s body, and his head came up slightly. Almost too tired and hurt to move, Eevee, stood up on four legs, and swayed around dangerously.

Lune snickered. Suddenly, the arena turned dark again.

“No, no, not again.” Geo said slowly.

Charizard04621
31st July 2003, 08:30 AM
Lol, Hyperion fainted against Water Gun instead of using Swords Dance to repel it. ^_^

Neo-Xantios
5th August 2003, 09:41 AM
That was another great chapter. I see Geo lost in the melee and failed to obtain the gym leader position, but that's all right. What good will the story be if he gained that position anyway? And the other battle was intense, but only if it could finish. IMO, it is better to finish a 3v3 battle in just one chapter. I certainly didn't get enough to read from that chapter, especially when I waited this long for it.