PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: The Gene Wars - Book One: The End of an Era

ArmadonRK
19th May 2003, 04:00 PM
Prologue: Genetic Disorder

"It's been a while."
"Nice to see you again, James."
"Enough with the formalities. Where's the data?"
"Right here." The old man waved a floppy disk through the air.
"You know, if we're right, then the entire history of Pokemon has been a lie."
"Not all of it."
"He was genetically altering humans!"
"It may only be MewTwo. The rest may be real!"
"There's only one way to find out..." James slipped the floppy into the computer. The screen showed several lines of code. The computer began to translate the code and two images appeared on the screen. One of the genetically engineered pokemon Mewtwo, the other a chromosome of its DNA. The old man looked at another chromosome on another screen.
"We have match," he said grimly.
The younger man swore.
"We were right," he said. "We were right."

Directly above the two men, in Viridian City, above ground, a group of scientists were working on their boss's newest project. Giovanni was sitting nearby pondering the situation. His Persian sat at his feet, watching and listening.

"Sir, I think we've found something."
"Good," replied the evil mastermind. "Very good."

((I'll finish typing the prologue tomorrow))

totodilelover
19th May 2003, 04:03 PM
This seems very intresting. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Captain Pringle
19th May 2003, 06:23 PM
Nice start. It has a nice mysterious feel to it, and it sounds like there's a pretty cool story ahead. Keep it up! ^^

(totodilelover: I'm pretty sure Giovanni is the one with the Persian, judging from the following: "Giovanni was sitting nearby pondering the situation. His Persian sat at his feet, watching and listening.")

ArmadonRK
24th May 2003, 06:28 AM
((Prologue Par Two))

"It's a strange combination of DNA. We found when the Mt Chimney volcano in Hoenn erupted."
Giovanni looked at the screen. The combination of chromosome was very interesting indeed.
<Why does this look familiar?> he thought.
"Sir," said the red-haired woman as she entered the room. "You might want to see this."
"Don't bother me now Jesse, I have important-"
"You really need to see this!"

Elsewhere, at an unknown location-
"Where are they..." The deep voice echoed through the halls of the ancient castle. "Where are they..."
((For your convenience Pokemon speech has been translated))
"Why do you bother? We gather here for a reason you know!"
"True," answered MewTwo. "Very true."
"Then we must brief them," squeaked Mew. "They must know what is to come."
THe two left the throne room and headed for the great hall, the only room large enough to hold them all.
The Reji looked up at two Pokemon, Lugia hovering around the chandelier. Ho-oh floating inside the gargantuan fireplace.Sitting on the humongous chandelier were Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. Almost all had gathered.
"Shall we wait for them?" asked Rejice.
"I do not know where they are," answered MewTwo.
At that moment the doors to the Hall burst open. Standing there was the mighty earthen warrior, Groudon. His footsteps were heard over 300 miles away, on the coast of Mossdeep.
"Kyogre," boomed the Pokemon, "is here as well."
Then they all knew where Kyogre was. Naturally it would be swimming about in the cave beneath the castle, the secret entrance built thousands of years earlier.
Mewtwo went and forced the wall to open with his mind. They all looked at the calm surface of the pool in the secret room. Nothing.
"Where is he?" asked Rejisteel.
But only 5 miles from the castle, the titanic whale was in trouble!

Captain Pringle
24th May 2003, 01:52 PM
ooooh, more prologue. ^^ didn't expect that, hehe

Aite, well it's still good. This part of the prologue didn't have the same mysterious feel as the first part, but I suppose it's just setting the stage for Chapter 1, so it's ok. :)

ArmadonRK
24th May 2003, 04:01 PM
Yeah tha second part of the prologue is more of a beginning of chapter-one sort-of thing. Anyways I changed Iceland to Mossdeep coz this is in the Pokemon world. Forgot for a second there.

Chapter 1
Gliding gracefully through the air, he snaked through the clouds and bound over the endless mountains.
<Almost there,> he thought.
That's when he saw it. His keen vision picking it up just a hendred miles off. A giant ripple in the water. A tidal wave.
"Kyogre," he said, and with that Rayquazza rushed off to help.

"Come one Ash!" yelled Professor Oak from the top of the boulder.
"Why can't I just use Pidgeot?" he yelled back up.
"That would defeat the purpose!" yelled Gary.
"Professor Oak got to!" came the reply.
"Professor Oak..." he hesitated, "can't handle it!" he continued.
Ash, Gary and Prof Oak were climbing up the boulder pile to find a new Pokemon that had been "supposedly" sighted. As they arrived at the top Ash sent out his newfound Pelipper to look for it. What Pelipper saw was an explosion of water about 300 miles off. Pelipper sqawked and Ash turned to look out to sea. At that moment the group felt several tremors. Little did they know that they were the footsteps of a very powerful Pokemon...

Giovanni was in his private jet when he got a phone call.
"What?" he asked.
"It's me, James."
"What do you want?"
"We've found Kyogre we are engaging it now."
"Good."
"Oh my god!"
"What is it? James? JAMES?"
"Sir, get backup it's not a Pokemon we've seen before. And it's fighting Kyogre."
"Tell me that's the worst bit."
"That's not the worst bit. It appears to be winning."
"Engage it too. We don't want anything to stand in our way."
"But sir-"
(Background noises) "Aaaaah!"
"Oh my god!" "Noooooo!"
'Sir it's on to us. We must retreat. We're outta he-"
"James? James?"

He hung up, and thought. He would have to rethink the plan. This new Pokemon may be his downfall.

Captain Pringle
24th May 2003, 04:56 PM
Hehe, for some reason that Chapter 1 felt a lot like a prologue. It's interesting so far though. Maybe work on making the chapters a bit longer, but still, I'm interested to see where this story is going. :)

ArmadonRK
24th May 2003, 05:01 PM
I'm not posting the next chapter yet because I'm trying to re-implement the mysteriousness of the Prologue. I'm glad you like the story, as it's my first one. And I agree that the chapters should be longer. I'll work on it.

And I suppose I should entitle this Book 1: The End of an Era.
This is all what happens that leads up to the mysterious "Gene Wars" so it is a sort of long prologue.

ArmadonRK
25th May 2003, 07:36 AM
Sorry for the double post, I just wanted to keep them seperate.

Chapter 2 - The Awakening of a Hero

He stood there, on top of a hill overlooking the sea. He looked out at what had once been a beach where people and Pokemon lived in harmony. It still was. But that was all about to change. He knew what was happening. He had seen the giant pillar of water. He had seen Kyogre. And not for the first time either. It was hard to forget the time he had almost beaten it in a battle. The time he had not caught it because he knew that it served a purpose.
He turned to look at the Pokemon standing behind him. The Pokemon that had outpowered a legendary. His greatest ally, and his best friend. He turned back to the sea. He remembered why he hadn't caught the Kyogre. Why he hadn't gone after Groudon. They both served a purpose. As would he, as would all the legendaries.
Normally he didn't believe in the prophecies of the old age. Less than half of them ever came true. But then there was the mystical figure known as king, who had ruled over Hoenn, Kanto, Johto and the rest of their world. He was different. All of his prophecies had come true. His next one was what he feared. If it was true.
He turned back and saw a boulder pil 100 meters away. He saw Ash staring at the water pillar. Ash had a part to play in all this, of course. After all, he was the One. Then he saw Prof Oak, and Gary. Yes, Ash would play an important role. But it was Gary he was worried about. After all, Gary was the Key.
He turned to leave, and as he did, his Pokemon, emanating with energy, folowed suit.
The hero had awoken...

They were in the middle of the ocean. They had never expected to run into it. But they had. Jyogre had not seen them, but the other one had. The other Pokemon that was at that very moment beating Kyogre to a pulp. The y watched it all. James even had a video camera out. But when it had seen them, they hadn't stood a chance. They sent out all their Pokemon. The whole group was 50 people. Each with at least three Pokemon. They had sent out, in total, 290 Pokemon. All were knocked out. But that's when it all changed. They hid below deck, waiting. The other Pokemon went for the ship, but Kyogre was able to ram it aside. Then kyogre was blasted away. More or less a hundred meters away. No Pokemon had the speed to intercept the Pokemon from reaching the ship. It ignored Kyogre and leapt. But it didn't look to the left, and the massive green snake slammed into the other Pokemon's torso. And now, it was facing both of them. But were Rayquazza and Kyogre powerful enough?

Groudon thought.
"Where did you last see him?" asked Zapdos.
"About 7 miles off. I was riding a boulder over the waves, and Kyogre kept the currents pushing me. That was until I got within 5 miles of here, when the castle's currents pulled me."
"So Kyogre is probably around that area," stated Mew.
"I'll check it out," squawked Moltres, and with that, it flew out the doorway.

"What's going on out there?" said Gary.
"I don't know, but I don't like it. Pidgeot, GO!" yelled Ash.
((I haven't kept up with the series in a while, and I have heard that Ash released Pidgeot, but for the purposes of the story, Ash will have a large range of Pokemon he may or may not have in the show.))

And so it was that Gary and Ash, riding Pidgeot, witnessed the attack of Team Rocket's ship, the pulverizing of Kyogre, and the arrival of Rayquazza. Ash realized that there was nothing they could do. He was afraid of what might happen. But he kept cool, and sent out as many Pokemon as he could to aid the two legendaries. Their efforts were meaningless, until Moltres arrived. Three legendaries and about 25 (some of Rocket's were still up) normal Pokemon against one titanic unknown Pokemon may seem one-sided, but now it was a stalemate. And the mystery Pokemon didn't appear to be trying. That's when Rayquazza, Kyogre and Moltres released an earsplitting cry. A message. And help would soon be on its way. But not the help they were expecting.

Captain Pringle
25th May 2003, 02:54 PM
That kinda jumped around a bit, but at least the story went somewhere. ^_^ I'm sure the story will explain itself better as it goes on. ;) Keep on writin'

ArmadonRK
25th May 2003, 03:31 PM
Chapter 3 - The Hero's Arrival

He heard the cry as he left the hill. He had seen Ash and Gary fly off into the distance. He had seen the fireball that must have been Moltres, and the green streak that was Rayquazza. He called to his Pokemon, and they leapt onto his Pidgeot and flew off. ((This is the mysterious pair from the previous chapter, when I talked about the Pokemon that almost beat Kyogre))

Back at the battlefield, the group of people (Ash, Gary, the Rockets) watched in awe as the new Pokemon began to use its full strength.

http://home.1asphost.com/ArmadonRK/Ingeno.gif

((got to go, I'll finish it up later Sorry for the inconvenience, btw the sprite above is the Unknown Pokemon))

The legendaries were putting up what appeared to be a pathetic and desperate resistance. Their physical attacks were knocking it slightly, but its armor was to thick for their special attacks.

Back at the castle, Mewtwo sent the final legendary birds as well as the Regi to see what was going on.

As the Regi left the castle, they heard the ear-splitting cry. They arrived to see a miracle in action.
Sitting atop a Pidgeot was a mysterious trainer with messy black hair and and a Raichu overflowing with electricity. The Raichu jumped and Ash noticed the new arrivals, the trainer, and the five legendaries. The Regi were about to join the fight when the trainer shouted a command with was drowned out by the sound of electricity crackling. The Raichu covered itself in a field of glowing energy, and it flew down at the mysterious Pokemon as a ball of electricity. Upon contact, the the titanic antagonist was stunned, and All of the legendaries present blasted it with all their power, the mysterious Pokemon yelled in plain English, "None can defeat Ingeno!!!" And the Raichu launched a mighty thunderbolt that hurtled Ingeno away. Ingeno dived back into the sea, as the tired Raichu fell from its perch atop the massive opponents back. Into the sea the mouse fell, and in a whirlpool of foam and bubbles, the mighty Pokemon disappeared beneath the waves.
"Raichu!" yelled its trainer, and in a bold leap of faith he too dove into the water.

(( Finish it later, sorry!))

ArmadonRK
28th May 2003, 02:52 PM
As he swirled about in the torrent of waves, the trainer was attempting to call out to his Raichu. Ash saw the trainer act of desperation and sent Pelipper to find the sunken Pokemon. In the end, it was Kyogre who realized that it owed the mysterious trainer for saving them all, and with one swift Dive, collected not only the trainer, but the Raichu as well. Pelipper, upon seeing Kyogre dive underwater, surfaced and found that all were there. Ash recalled the Pelipper, and they rode back to shore on the back of the giant, legendary whale.

Moltres quickly flew back to the castle to summon the other legendaries, and Mewtwo teleported them ashore.

"You have saved our companions," echoed Lugia's psychic voice.
"We owe you much," came the watery voice of Kyogre. "I remember the last time we met. It was an amazing battle."
"And the fact that your Raichu was able to take down that Pokemon all alone."
"He couldn't have done it without your many attacks raining down on the opponent," replied the trainer. "I am Shrez. This is Raichu," he pointed to the now conscious Pokemon.
"Shrez doesn't sound like a very common name," said Ash.
"True, some people call me by another name."
"What's that?" asked Ash curiously.
"Trey. It's not very common either, I know, but how I got the name is a long story," Shrez said, preparing to leave.
"But there is much we must discuss, Shrez," boomed the psychic presence of Mewtwo. "At the castle of King. The old age ruler of our world."
"The castle of King?" replied Shrez. "The Orb of the Light Giver! It is there?"
"What prophecies do you believe in, Shrez?" replied Mewtwo mysteriously.
"It is true then. The orb has vanished, that WAS the mighty Ingeno, and the Gene Wars are coming," murmured Shrez grimly.
"Vanished the Orb has, Ingeno that was, but we shall stop the Gene Wars!" proclaimed Mewtwo.
"But that is where the prophecy ends. Where the Gene War begins. At the end of the book are etched the two words that puzzle us all," said Shrez. He looked at Ash and Gary, both obviously confused. "Maybe we should-"
"Yes, we should explain," said Mewtwo, his voice was calming to a whisper.
"Come with us to the castle," said Shrez.
"There, I shall explain all," said Mewtwo, his voice loud once more.
And in a flash, they were gone.

ArmadonRK
31st May 2003, 03:50 PM
((Two chapters in a row :o didn't expect that))

Ash opened his eyes and realized he didn't recognize any of his surroundings. His first thought was that Mewtwo had erased his memory, but he remembered everything, so he immediately cancelled that option.
"Let me begin," started Shrez.
"Uggh..."
"Ash?" he asked.
"Ummmm..."
"Ash."
"Uuuuuhhh. What?" he replied, now fully aware of his surroundings.
"Never travelled by Teleport before? It can have that effect. Loss of awareness, drowsiness, short-term memory loss. If you're not used to it," said Mewtwo. "But now let's begin," he glanced at Gary who had begun to take in the situation. "This is the castle that once belonged . I will explain who King is in a moment. Shrez."
Shrez took the cue and began the tale. "As legend has it, 47 thousand years ago, a small multicelled organism began to evolve rapidly. It was a sudden, irrational jump, but there was a reason. Radiation and rotational patterns created by the gravity of nearby planets had jump-started the evolution of these creatures, which developed into the first Pokemon. These Pokemon were similar in DNA structure to Ditto. They were transparent, similar to water, in appearance, and were constantly changing their physical properties to suit their environment. This species soon split up into bands. The first and second bands were most similar to their predecessors, they were nomads, wanderers. They roamed the newly formed lands and never adapted to any particualr environment. These two bands were Ditto and Castform. There were about 78 other bands, each evolving into a true Pokemon, in turn evolving into other species. By evolution I mean "genetic" evolution, that takes hundreds or thousands of years, and not the "instant growth" evolution of Pokemon today.
"The other 78 bands soon settled down, each band evolving to their geographical environment, and then in turn evovling to suit their community environment. In this way, Pidgey, Taillow and Murkrow all evolved from Band 76, although Murkrow was partly Band 74 (Sneasel is a part of this band) and Band 32 (Mr Mime is a part of this one!!). So, as you can see there were crossbreeds.
"This method of evolution took Pokemon a long way, and for the currently known 386 species of Pokemon, there are approximatley 453 undiscovered species. All based on crosses of these 80 bands.
"But a long time ago, when there were about 157 species of Pokemon, a group of semi-evolved humans arrived on the scene. Within a few thousand years, they were sentient and treated Pokemon as either gods, or demons. That's about when people started writing legends about these Pokemon.
"It was soon after that Mew appeared on the scene, once a flourishing species, now there is only one. Our friend here knows the next part."
"My species," began Mew, " had evolved via a cross of all 80 bands. We died out when IT arrived. It was Ingeno. The first genetically engineered Pokemon. Ingeno caught ont a Celebi's timestream-trail and traveled back into time to wipe out all of us Mews. Luckily, other legendaries were born. These legendaries were different. Not entire speies, but glitches in bands with similar characteristic. As an example Kyogre here is the offspring of a Wailord I believe, and Wailord is all of the Water Bands. Kyogre, as with the other Legendaries, excluding thew legendary dogs, Lugia and Ho-oh, are genetic mutations in their respective species and bands."
"Hold on," interrupted Ash, "You mean that Pokemon alone was able to wipe out your species?"
"Actually," continued Mew, " there were 57 of them."
Ash's jaw dropped.
"Anyways. Celebi was the offspring of a Mew, also developing a species, but the Ingeno wiped most of them out as well. Only I was left, along with one Celebi. The other legendaries survived, hidden in their respective caverns and hidden islands. Then we met Lugia, and Ho-oh. They were created. By what, we do not know. They remember nothing before the day they met us. It was then that Celebi went missing. After a few days, we found Celebi, who had no knowledge of its dissappearance. Except that it had time altering capabilities. Time-travel. We assume that those mysterious powers were given by Lugia and Ho-oh's creator."
"About 33 thousand years ago, humans developed Apricorns, and the capture, trainer/battle system. Around that time arose a powerful ruler. We know him as King. King was not only the ruler of the land, but a great prophet. It is rumored that his prophetic capabilities were given by whatever created Lugia and Ho-oh. One of his prophecies not only repeated the history above, which he could not possibly have known by conventional means, but predicted that one day he himself would find a castle that suit him, and in that castle would lie the Orb of the LightGiver, who created Lugia and Ho-oh, and gave Celebi its mysterious powers. He prophecied that when the Orb dissappeared from its resting place, the world would collapse and the Gene Wars would begin. He prophecied the creation of genetically altered Pokemon with parts of human DNA. The first of which, is me..."
"All that," said Shrez, " lies in his book of prophecies which was lost long ago."
"Not lost," said Mewtwo. He held up a book. "Found. Here, on the last page are the words that have puzzled all."
"Ultima, and Trinity," quoted Shrez.
"Right. Scribbled on at the last second as King drew his last breath.
"I think I understand," said Ash.
((Confusing enough yet?))
"But there's one thing I'm confused about."
"What?" asked Mew.
"All of it."
((He sure thinks so!))
"I understand," said Gary.
((He doesn't.))
"Of course you do. You're the Key," said Shrez.
"The Key?" he asked.
"The one thing we didn't mention that was in the prophecy," said Shrez. "The one thing we should have mentioned. And that we will mention now."

((Confused? I am. Look out for the next thrilling installment, The Key))

ArmadonRK
7th June 2003, 03:24 PM
((Three chapters, no replies! I may stop writing the fic if I don't see that anyone is reading it))

"The Key," began Shrez, "is a part of many legends. It is a complex myth that has several concepts and a highly systematic basis. King calculated extremely advanced equations which were way beyond his time in order to determine the existence of the Key. If you want to know the complete system algebraic formula, it is - x+999x*887x-885x+55ie+665y*(actual value of time system coordinates)+(value of date versus actuality factor) multiplied by the total number of Pokemon in existence. As little sense as that may make to most of you," he glanced at Mewtwo, who looked as thoroughly confused as Ash and Gary, "it is based on fact. The number then aquired via this formula can then be put into the following statement. A generalization, so to speak. (x+2)(x/5)(5x+3)(5x)(3x)(x/5)(2x+1)=0 or the rational value of the systematic function. I won't go into details, but the value of x is five, so (5)(1)(18)(25)(15)(1)(11). Now number each letter of the alphabet. A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. Replace each number in the equation with the corresponding letter. (G)(A)(R)(Y)(O)(A)(K) There is only one Gary Oak we know."
"How exactly does that formula work?" aksed Gary.
"Ever heard of tri-systematic quantum metaphysics involving a sub-coordinated linear plane along a 3d perspective?" asked Shrez.
"No." replied Gary.
"Then maybe it's better if I didn't explain." He smiled and looked up at Mewtwo. The hovering source of energy nodded, and they vanished yet again.

Mew Trainer Rose
7th June 2003, 06:51 PM
o_O this is beyond confusing. but strangely intriguing. I'm interested to see where this goes. ^_^

Count von Dark
8th June 2003, 01:10 AM
:oThat was... Amazing! I think I know what Ultima is now, thanks to your sig, and the plot! Ingeno wins and wins until only Ultima is left, then fight aagain until the good guys win!

wierdo203
8th June 2003, 03:11 PM
Umm... interesting storyline, but about the equation, the only thing I can determine is that the real value x-coordinate of the axis of symmetry is about five... and that thing that becomes a cubic times 3x^4 gives 832875 instead of zero when you plug in x=5

Captain Pringle
10th June 2003, 02:51 AM
Hehe, sorry I haven't been around to read lately. I was busy graduating from high school. ;) Hehe, but anywayz, having graduated from high school, and having just completed my AP Calculus BC course, I can officially say that the whole paragraph about the equation appears to be total nonsense (at least to me). ^_^ That's alright though... it really doesn't matter to the enjoyability of the story that much. So, let's see where the story goes next. ;)

Crystalmaster Mike
13th June 2003, 04:31 AM
UUH, confusing mathematics! Me like!

This here, is a very well-thought-out plotline, and it would be a waste if we didn't see the end of it! Please, do continue!