PDA

View Full Version : The Misadventues of Charles Legend!

Charles Legend
12th September 2007, 04:08 PM
Disclaimer: I do not claim any of the ideas in this Fic as a so-called ‘original idea’; they are written based on observations, studies, and at times, shameless copy pasting. Credit(s) goes to (insert any names you see fit… and that may includes YOU as well) for the original idea/words. this also includes this very Disclaimer Ironically enough... :P

Anyways here is page one hope you like it...

http://www.geocities.com/ryu_slayer_x/Pictures/mega/tmocl_1.JPG

The title comes from the fact you need a starter Pokémon in the games...

~Charles Legend

Crystalmaster Mike
13th September 2007, 01:24 AM
Ooh, you've put yourself to some challenge here, making the 2nd (AFAIK) satyrical comic on TPM. Let's see where it goes from here, huh?

Well, I noticed the pictures (especially the one depicting you) where a bit blurry, but maybe you're doing that to fit the entire image into one panel, huh?
As a sidenote, I don't know if you meant for that or not, but normally, it's called a spam infraction. Just a bit nit-picking, if nothing else. ;)

Charles Legend
13th September 2007, 09:39 AM
Crystalmaster Mike: Well it was the only picture I could find of Vash being tied up, and yeah I ment it to sound like that, since it's a refence to me really getting a spam infraction, but I wanted to sound like Charles cought a cold...

Anyways here is Number two...

http://www.geocities.com/ryu_slayer_x/Pictures/mega/tbad_2.jpg

Now I got the Idea for this title "Prepare for Trouble!" from part of Team Rocket's motto, it also works nicely for what I have plan to happen next few pages... ;)

oh and I'd say it was a clever Idea of mine to have Charles' gun fire a Pokéball at Charmander...

Now the song on Charles cell phone is part of a corrupt form of Got to catch ém all which was the first theme song for the Pokémon Animé...

~Charles Legend

Blademaster
13th September 2007, 10:50 AM
OK, I know I've already seen this on MSN, but it's so funny, I have to say it again.

XD @ the Poke Ball gun. I want one of those.

Oh, and XD @ the last panel, too. You know I love that one. Poor Charles...

Charles Legend
27th October 2007, 07:51 AM
Here is number three, Any one one cae to take a guess at who I was battling, and why they were holding a Poké Kid Hostage?

http://www.geocities.com/ryu_slayer_x/Pictures/mega/tbad_3.jpg

It's Absolute Zero time, is both a reference to Ben 10 shouting "Its Hero Time!" every time Ben charges into battle, Absolute Zero is also the Japanese name for Sheer Cold....

Now in my battle the ref Ironically Enough was Pichu who, called Iceman a block of Ice in the Battle (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7003)
which is why I show him as a Spice/Freezie, as for Regice, I think out of every Pokémon there is Regice seemed a good Pick for him...

~Charles Legend

Chris 2.1
27th October 2007, 07:58 AM
I really liked the way you changed it around in this chapter; the retro-panels were really cool and very different. The introduction of Regice was cool, and I wonder who Pikachu belongs to?

Charles Legend
7th November 2007, 01:13 PM
I really liked the way you changed it around in this chapter; the retro-panels were really cool and very different. The introduction of Regice was cool, and I wonder who Pikachu belongs to?

Thanks, Actually that was the only forest I could find from a Game, it Originally had two water falls in the middle;And Rigice is only the tip of the Iceberg. Um Chris the Poké kids same Over world Spite is the same as Pikachu Have, in fact the Poké Kid on Route 209 said quote "I want to be a Pokémon when I grow up!" XD So that Pikachu in the cage is a Poké kid named Pichu...

here is number Four....

Aah It's Godzilla!
No that's not Godzilla...
But Still we should run for are lives

Well I am not sure if that the exact quote, but I do recall that some one their car stuck under a float with Godzilla on it,
I think it was in one of the Austin Powers movies, I think Goldmember but I am not sure because I watch it ages ago...

http://www.geocities.com/ryu_slayer_x/Pictures/mega/tmocl_2.jpg

So yeah call Charles Cheap for using a Masterball on Godzilla who is a Mutant Tyranitar, but there a reason for it Charles only other Pokemon is King who is a Charmander...

the Title is a reference to Mewtwo's Berserk Gene, As you know the Basilisk was said to be the King of Snakes, where Godzilla is the King of Monsters...

And as you may well recall Chris my Larvitar in the ASB is named Godzilla, since, Tyrantar seems to me both based on a T-rex and Godzilla, who Ironically enough was partly based off of the T-rex, that and Tyranitar is a Prodigy of Godzilla Anyways... ;)

~Charles Legend

Charles Legend
10th December 2007, 10:59 PM
here number Five... ;)

http://www.geocities.com/ryu_slayer_x/Pictures/mega/tmocl_3.jpg

LOL@ "Rigice being a Ditto" XD and I know some of you did not see that Coming at all! ;) also I made this back in November So :P to Mr. Pikachu...

~Charles Legend

Chris 2.1
11th December 2007, 05:59 AM
Ok Charles your spelling and grammar needs a lot of work. I know it is a reccuring bad habit but in comic fics it is even more important:

Godzilla VS Rigice Euals a Ditto?!

Should read:

Godzilla VS Regice equals a Ditto?!

This also meant the revelation of Ditto was less anticlimatic. But that has nothing to do with spelling.

"and for your info we Poke Kids are oftern, Mistaken ... we wear Costums..."

(the ... in the middle is seperating different parts of the same quote).
It should read:

"And (New sentence = capital) for your info, we Poke-Kids are often mistaken (no need for caps in Mistaken) ... we wear costumes (again, no need for capital there).

Overgrown is one word.

But it is interesting, to say the least. I'd reccomend using a different programme to crop pictures since yours are becoming blurry and distorted. Comic fics, like Mangas, rely heavily on the quality of the comic panels and I'm afraid it doesn't look as professional as you might hope.

I think your best aspect is the way you've experimented with the panels and showing stuff off. Have you considered merging panels together? Like a panel being split in two with Charles ordering an attack and Godzilla releasing the attack, like how the anime does it? I think that could be interesting because then you have more panels to do more with the plot. I also wonder what more panels would be like, ie: 3x4. 2x3 is not very much.

Charles Legend
23rd January 2008, 06:26 AM
Thank you Chris I'll work on it, if you think the Rvalation that Iceman's Rigice turning out to be a ditto was disappointing, well I got news for you Ive got some rather Amewsing Plot twists instore for this Comic... ;)

Also it really dose not bother me if it Looks professional or not, ok I agree that the spelling and grammar could use some work, easy for you to say your computer not a Piece of useless Junk...

http://www.geocities.com/riolu_32683/tmocl_4.jpg

Eight Simple Rules is both a Reference to the show "Eight Simple Rules" and because the Fanfic has Eight Rules... ;)

Yes the Second panel is of my In box here at TPM but Since I entenally Squashed no one can really make out what it says, it should be ok, and yes it's a One time deal...

I Censored the Mew Stylus' Equipment just to play it safe...

Panels 1-5 are the Actual comic with in a comic, 6-10 is part of a Cross over with my Fic in some regards but I wont Spoil the Surprise just yet... ;)

~Charles Legend

Blademaster
23rd January 2008, 09:41 AM
Also it really dose not bother me if it Looks professional or not, ok I agree that the spelling and grammar could use some work, easy for you to say your computer not a Piece of useless Junk...

1. You might wanna change that attitude, Charlie: You have only two readers.

2. My laptop is a 2 year-old DELL that runs off its own battery power for 28 minutes max, and yet my spelling and grammar is fine... I don't think it's your computer's fault.