PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Journal of Science

Magi of all
16th August 2007, 02:39 AM
Pokemon Journal of Science

Welcome readers to the first addition of the weakly Pokemon Journal of Science. In this Journal we hope to educate the readers to the more scientific side of the pokemon world. For years regional separation and a lack of standardization have lead to misinformation surfacing in the mainstream media. This causes people to believe things that have little to no scientific bases to them. That being said, the Pokemon Journal of Science is not just a source of fact that has been regurgitated from other sources. The journal has an intrepid and dedicated team of scientists, explorers and reporters working round the clock to bring you this information. We promise to do our best to bring you only the facts unless stated otherwise.

So onwards readers to our first feature article, were you will discover new things, learn about the world and generally be amazed. For the topic of our first article is a topic many people are interested in. Legendary Pokemon.

Article 01: Legendary Pokemon, Facts in Myth. By Ryan Craig

What’s this? Legendary pokemon? Surly we jest at such a subject. No, good people, we do not. For you see Legendary pokemon are quite real, a fact that has been regionally restricted for quite some time. For example, the people of Kanto have known that Mew exists for quite some time. How do they know this? Simple, they know Mew exists because they cloned it. I’m sure this comes as quite a surprise to some of our readers outside of Kanto. The clone is known as Mewtwo and, while most information is restricted, we at the Pokemon Journal of Science are working hard to find out the truth about this enigmatic entity.

Some skeptics are bound to say, “This is just an isolated case, surely the other Legendary pokemon don’t exist.” Prepare to eat your words, as we at the Pokemon Journal of Science have proof. An exclusive interview with a young man who has encountered not just one, not just two, but 26 Legendary pokemon. Ladies and gentleman, we at the Pokemon Journal of Science are proud to interview Mr. Ash Ketchum, 15-year-old pokemon trainer.

PJS: Ash, it’s a pleasure to speak with you today.

Ash: It’s good to finally tell this to someone who will believe me.

PJS: Well, lets get started. To begin with, could you list off the Legendary pokemon you have encountered throughout your years as a trainer?

Ash: Sure. The first one I ever saw was Ho-oh, though I didn’t know what it was at the time. That was on my first day as a trainer.

PJS: Sorry to interrupt, but could tell us about that. It does seem a tad farfetched, at least Farfetche’d enough to hold a leek.

Ash: (laughs) I know it seems weird but I swear it’s true. My first day a trainer was not going too great. I had been shocked, ridiculed, shocked, attacked, shocked, fallen in a river, stolen a bike, chased by Spearow, and pretty much been severely messed up. My Pikachu used a powerful Thundershock attack, powered by a bolt of lightning from a storm in the area, to defeat the flock of Spearow that was attacking us. I fell unconscious then, awakening few minutes later. When I woke up, the clouds parted and the sun shown down on the site of my first battle ever. Then, a rainbow appeared on the horizon and Ho-oh flew under it, flapping its majestic wings slowly. It seemed to glow in the sun, feathers glinting with every color in the rainbow. It was breath taking. As I watched, my Pokedex chimed in, saying that it could not identify the pokemon I was seeing. That was when I knew this was a magical moment.

PJS: Amazing, simply amazing. Could you tell us what other Legendary pokemon you have seen since then?

Ash: Sure. I’ve seen Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Lugia, Entei, Suicune, Celebi, Groudon, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Manaphy, Palkia, Dialga, Darkrai, Regigigas, and Shaymin.

PJS: Truly an inspiring list of Legendary pokemon. Interestingly enough, I noticed Raikou was missing from the list. You never encountered Raikou?

Ash: I think I may have seen it once, but I can’t be sure of it. So, in short, no, I have never seen Raikou

PJS: Still, it should be logical to believe that it exists, seeing as how you have seen Entei and Suicune.

Ash: (laughs) Well, I suppose you could look at it like that.

PJS: Now, saying you have seen these pokemon is all well and good, but do you have any witnesses that can back up your story?

Ash: I do. My friends Misty and Brock were with me when I saw Mew, Mewtwo, Entei, Suicune, Celebi, Latias and Latios. Misty and Tracey were with me when I saw Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. Brock, May and Max were with me when I saw Jirachi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel and Mew again. Lastly, Brock and Dawn were with me when I saw Palkia, Dialga, Darkrai, Shaymin and Regigigas. Most of these incidents were also witnessed by Jessie, James and a talking Meowth, also know as Team Rocket.

PJS: Pardon me for asking, but who the hell are they?

Ash: My crazy criminal stalkers with unlimited funds for building giant robots and a large arsenal of disguises and schemes.

PJS: … I don’t really know what to say. You certainly lead an interesting life Mr. Ketchum.

Ash: (laughs) I try

PJS: So, any other witnesses?

Ash: Several, mostly citizens who were in the area at the time. The list of people is quite large and I can’t remember all of them off the top of my head.

PJS: That’s fine. Would you be willing to compile a list and send it to us later?

Ash: Sure, no problem.

PJS: Well Mr. Ketchum, thank you for your time today. Please know that the PJS would love to have you recount your other adventures with Legendary pokemon at some other time. Would you be willing to do that?

Ash: Sure, no problem.

PJS: All right then, we’ll be in touch. Thank you once again for talking to us today.

Ash: Thanks for having me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, as you can see, not just one, but several people have witnessed the activity of Legendary pokemon. This is something that cannot be ignored. The Pokemon Journal of Science understands that the existence of the Legendary Pokemon throws the very foundation of our science and understanding of the universe into question. However, we are dedicated to finding the truth about all of the pokemon species that exist on this fine planet of ours. By understanding and accepting the Legendary pokemon into the realm of fact, we draw one step closer to the truth. We leave you now with the excerpt from the Bible of Arceus, Book of Genesis.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the beginning there was but one dimension. In the dimension there was Arceus. In Arceus there existed the idea of length. For a long time, Arceus explored the concept of length. He learned all he could about the idea of length. Then, in one day, Arceus created width, a dimension to accompany length. From the idea of width was created Palkia, the Space pokemon. Palkia was given the power to rule over width and govern it as he see fit.

On the second day, Arceus created height, which he created to give the world three dimensions. From height was created Giratina, the Dimension pokemon. Giratina was given authority over the height and dimension. It was his task to maintain our world and to watch over the shadows reflected from it.

On the fourth day Arceus created the fourth dimension, time. Form time was created Dialga, the Time pokemon. He has to govern the flow of ages ever forward. To him was given the power of progress and age

On the fifth day Arceus crafted the Earth, the home on which his creation would live. In the earths core Arceus heated the material of creation to provide fuel for the world. From this core was born Heatran, the most ancient and wise of the pokemon. Arceus saw that his creation was good and took him on as council in the heavens.

On the sixth day Arceus crafted Kyogre, great leviathan of the sea, and Groudon, mighty behemoth of the land. Together they crafted the world we now live in. However, two different powers such as these could not live in peace. Groudon scorched the land and brought forth volcanoes to heat the earth. Kyogre brought the tempest of the sea to bear, cooling the land and filling the lakes. In their battle to fill the planet much destruction was wrought. Arceus, looking down and seeing his creation in distress, acted quickly. From the sky he created Rayquaza, mighty dragon with the power over weather. Rayquaza calmed the sea and quieted the land. He then put the two great pokemon to sleep, so they would never again trouble the world.

On the seventh day, Arceus created the Sun and the Moon. The sun was told to govern the day, time of activity. From the sun was born Ho-oh, most radiant of the pokemon. The Moon was told to govern the sea and the night, to shed light in the darkness. From the moon was born Lugia, a pokemon as powerful as the ocean current. Together they controlled the flow of days, a never-ending dance of push and pull

On the eight day, there was rebellion. Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia grew arrogant in their powers. They believed that together they could overthrow their creator and create a new world. Heatran, Arceus most wise and observant council, discovered there plan and hastened to tell Arceus. On the advice of Heatran, Arceus crafted a giant pokemon from the earth to battle the rebellious creations. Such was the birth of Regigigas, the continental golem. With his might powers Regigigas defeated the rebellious pokemon and they were sealed away by Arceus in a shadow of the world. Regigigas then pulled the continent of Sinnoh over itself, sealing away his own power to prevent himself from becoming a threat. In order to prevent his awakening, Regigigas created guardians of his temple. Regice, crafted from the coldest ice. Registeel, built from the purest metal. Regirock, carved from the strongest mountain. Regisprout, crafted from the mightiest of trees. Regilava, made of the hottest magma. Regiaqua, formed of the purest water. Registartus, constructed of the whitest clouds. Regiearth, built of the richest soil. Regiebon, congealed of the blackest darkness. Regimind, born of the strongest thought. Regidraco, brought forth through the greatest courage. Regibuzz, made up of the strongest insect shell. Regitoxic, crafted from the most potent of poisons. Regithunder, brought forth from the raging storm. Regicuffs, formed of the basest survival instinct. Lastly, Regispirit, a form given to the wishes of the dead. Together they guarded Regigigas until he was to be awakened once more.

On the ninth day, Arceus created man and women and saw that they were good. The creature known as man was not like the pokemon. There were only two kinds, man and woman. Their young were not produced in eggs but birthed into the world live and whole. They did not grow as the pokemon did, but matured slowly. In time, trust was forged between the two groups and man lived with pokemon in peace. man tended the earth and cared for Arceus and his creations. As they slept, their minds were given dreams. Some were pure and good. Those dreams gave birth to Cresselia, mighty steed who carried pure thoughts to Arceus so that they might please him. Some dreams were foul and tainted. From these rose Darkrai, foul spirit who punished those who thought wicked things. Cresselia was favored by Lugia and was given much power when the moon was full. Darkrai favored the dark and emerged only when Lugia dove into the deepest sea.

On the tenth day, Arceus saw a need for new guardians to replace his rebellious creations. To guard time he created Celebi, a pokemon destined to watch over time for all eternity. Celebi moved the ages forward and gave death to all things. For space he created Deoxys, twin pokemon who roamed the galaxy, keeping peace. They evolved and changed, shifting into forms a numerous as the stars. To guard dimension he created Jirachi, who would sleep many years, looking over the shadows of the worlds that could be. When awakened, Jirachi would grant the wishes of men, but only if their hearts were pure. To find those of pure heart, Arceus crafted Latias and Latios, brother and sister modeled after man. The these two walked amongst men for many ages, searching out ones who’s wish was clean as new fallen snow.

On the eleventh day, Ho-oh and Lugia looked down on the earth and saw a need for guards; watchmen ready to combat any threats. They called to Arceus to craft these warriors to protect creation. Ho-oh crafted mighty beasts that would roam the length and breadth of the land, searching for those worthy of the mantel of protector. Together they would ride forth, dispensing peace and justice. Lugia crafted great birds of power that would fly the skies and watch the land for signs of trouble. Their cries would serve as warnings to those who would listen.

On the twelfth day, Arceus looked on his creation and blessed them. He created Shaymin, tender of Elysium, resting place of those who were good in the world. Then he crafted Uxie, spirit of thought, so that man might learn as Arceus himself had done. Afterwards Arceus made Azelf, being of emotion. Azelf taught man the sorrow of betrayal and the joy of life. Lastly he birthed Mesprit to give man will, so that they might never serve any not worthy of servitude. Man was grateful for these gifts and fell on his face, singing praise to Arceus.

On the thirteenth and final day, Arceus grew tired. He looked on his simple dimension of length and longed to return there so that he may rest. However, as he looked on to the earth, Arceus saw that there was still much creating left to be done. So, with the last of his strength, Arceus crafted Mew, his wife. He gave to her his power to create life, but not to take it. To Heatran he gave a prophecy, to be guarded until such time as it need be fulfilled.

Then he slipped away to the first dimension, where he rests to this day.

Prophecy to Heatran, as handed down by the most holy Arceus.

I have crafted one who can only create
No destruction lies within her
Only once it is brought to life
Can she truly be whole
In the time to come
When man enters into my domain
Her opposite shall be born
Reared as a babe, weaned on death
He shall know only anger and hate
He will be no ones sword or shield
And will battle his mother for time eternal
Until one of pure heart, intention noble and true
Shall fall in battle to his strike
Revived by the tears of his brothers, he shall crack the destroyer’s shell
From then on creation and destruction shall live in harmony
Through the one who rises from Ash.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you think? I got the idea from the Encyclopedia Pokemonica over at the Serebii forums. It will mostly be filled with my ideas and interpretations of the pokemon world. Some articles will focus on certain pokemon lines, like the Bagon line or the Mareep line. Other still focus on certain aspects of the pokemon world, like evolution and TM’s

Constructive criticism appreciated. Also, point out any grammar or spelling mistakes you find.

darktyranitar
16th August 2007, 06:16 AM
Mm. I must say this is something interesting that I haven't seen before. Judging that you are relatively new here, I assume that you had experience writing somewhere else before?

The idea to make an article is good, and the interview went pretty well too, but what I like the most was the Pokemon origin and the book of genesis (I don't know if anyone would be offended by it, but I doubt it).

There's not many error that I can detect, although I notice you made some typo; I can't recall them all, although the word 'weakly' was the one that I kept remembering about (possibly because it is right there near the beginning).

You had obviously put a lot of effort coming up with all of this. Good job. Now my interest is piqued; I hope that you can continue writing this kind of fic.

Magi of all
16th August 2007, 05:41 PM
Mm. I must say this is something interesting that I haven't seen before. Judging that you are relatively new here, I assume that you had experience writing somewhere else before?

Not really. I have written other things before, but nothing like this. Mostly short creative stuff for school and contests

The idea to make an article is good, and the interview went pretty well too, but what I like the most was the Pokemon origin and the book of genesis (I don't know if anyone would be offended by it, but I doubt it).

Glad you liked it, that was one of my favorite parts to write.

There's not many error that I can detect, although I notice you made some typo; I can't recall them all, although the word 'weakly' was the one that I kept remembering about (possibly because it is right there near the beginning).

You had obviously put a lot of effort coming up with all of this. Good job. Now my interest is piqued; I hope that you can continue writing this kind of fic.

Thanks. Glad you liked it.

I revised the article a bit to fix a bunch of typos and to clean some things up a little. I also edited it to include Kyogre, Groudon, rayquaza, Latios and Latias. I can't believe I forgot them the first time. Anyway, enjoy.