PDA

View Full Version : I’m With You (Contestshipping Valentines Day Special)

Cool-headed Blaziken
12th February 2007, 07:47 AM
I’m With You (Contestshipping Valentines Day Special) Rated: K+

A/N: Inspired by the song ‘I’m With You’ by Avril Lavigne. I don’t own the song.

May Maple, a pokemon coordinator with high potential to be one of the best. A couple of months ago, she and her brother Max departed to the Johto region after they bid their farewells to their friends, Ash, a pokemon trainer, and Brock, a pokemon breeder and self-proclaimed ladies’ man.

It was night time, a time where many people and pokemon were sleeping in their homes, hotels, pokemon centres or other places. She was not one of them. She was in one of the dark borrowed rooms of a pokemon centre, sitting on her bed with a blanket covering her legs. She was wearing a black t-shirt, red shorts and black socks.

She looked over to one side, where there was only darkness. Even though there was only darkness she knew that her little brother, Max, was sleeping on his bed. He would normally wear a pair of glasses but he had them placed as he had no use for them while sleeping. She looked over to the other side where a clock was placed on a table next to her bed. It was half past ten.

She should’ve been asleep at this point, yet she nervous. The reason she was nervous was because of her first upcoming pokemon contest in the Johto region that would be happening in the next couple of days. She was a very popular coordinator after she competed in the last two Grand Festivals the regions of Hoenn and Kanto, yet she still couldn’t help but feel nervous.

“I guess… either this place is brand new to me or it’s… something else,” she thought theoretically.

She slowly rose from her bed, trying not to make a noise loud enough to wake Max up. She quietly got changed into her usual attire of a red bandanna, white and black gloves, her red jacket and white miniskirt over her black tight shorts and a pair of multicoloured trainers before walking out the door.

She was walking around Cherrygrove City where the contest would be held. There weren’t many people or pokemon around as she expected but being cautious she carried a number of pokemon-contained pokeballs attached inside her waist pack in case of danger. She was walking mainly to calm her nerves down.

She spotted a bridge a decided to take a breather from walking for a few minutes. As she walked to the middle of the supporting structure she leaned on its fence, looking down on the river, spotting some water pokemon such as plain red fishes called Magikarps. She started thinking back her days with her old friends before they parted ways and let out a small sigh of sadness. Despite having her brother by her side, she still felt alone.

No longer than a few seconds, she felt a drop of water falling on top of her head. Despite that sudden plop, she wasn’t surprise of what was coming next. Rain.

I’m standing on a bridge
I’m waitin’ in the dark
I thought that you'd be here by now
There’s nothing but the rain
No footsteps on the ground
I’m listening but there's no sound

She was correct. Soon more drops of rain were falling into ground and in other varios places. Despite being soaked, she ignored them as she being drowned in her own thoughts. She remembered all the times her friends encouraged her to do her best and giving her advice. She remembered one particular person, who was arrogant most of the times he met but there moments where they looked out for each other. But now…

“There is no one who knows me,” May thought to herself, knowing that many people she knew parted ways to accomplish their dreams. “If only…”

She stopped thinking after she felt no more drops of rain falling on her. Surprised, she turned to see who was keeping her dry. She saw a young man, more or less the same age as her, carrying an opened umbrella over her as well as himself. He was wearing purple long-sleeved jacket over his red shirt and purple trousers, along with a pair of brown shoes. He also had green hair, emerald eyes and a face that many girls would fall for. May recognised him as…

“Drew…” she said in surprise.

I'm looking for a place
Searching for a face
Is anybody here I know?
Cause nothing’s going right
And everything’s a mess
And no one likes to be alone

Coincidentally, she was just thinking about him and he was right there standing next to her. This was the trainer, who May didn’t like because of his arrogance, yet she had a liking for him because of the moments they shared and the respect they had for each other.

“What’s up with you? Lost or something?” he asked.

To May, there might’ve been something more between them than just respect and friendship. Somehow at times, she had grown feelings for him. She remembered the times when Drew tossed her a red rose, mentioning that they were for her Beautifly but she had doubts about it. There was also a time when their rival, Harley, a liar and a cheat for a coordinator, had been back-stabbing her so that he could win a particular contest but Drew told her the truth about Harley’s plans.

Some of his friends, relatives, and Harley, noticed her crush on Drew but she denied a number of times. Why she couldn’t bring herself to accept that she liked him was beyond her. Sometimes, she doesn’t know what he was like.

Oh, why is everything so confusing?
Maybe I'm just out of my mind
Yea yea yea

“Hello? Earth to May,” Drew said as he playfully waved his hand in front of her face after noticing she had been glaring vacantly at him for the past few moments.

She blinked a couple of times, snapping out of her trance. “Sorry,” May said turning her attention back to the river while blushing slightly. “Kinda spaced out for a second.”

“I’m not surprised. You can be a bit dopey at times.”

“Hey!” May complained, not liking Drew’s statement as she turned towards him. “Take that back!”

Drew let out a small chortle. “Relax,” he said. “Words can’t hurt you that badly, can they?”

With a small gruff, she turned her attention back to the river, not admitting that she was overreacting over some silly comment. “If you want, I can walk you to the pokemon centre,” Drew said. “You’re soaking wet, you could catch a cold.”

May looked at her arms, legs and the rest of her body, realising that he was right. She knew that she need to keep herself warm and dry. Before, Drew noticed the look of sadness in her eyes and remembered that after their last participation at the Grand Festival, he spotted her and her little brother but without their two other travelling companions, and realised that she and her friends had parted ways.

He asked May to hold his umbrella while he took his jacket, placing it on May’s shoulders to keep her dry. He then took her umbrella back while May showed a small blush. “C’mon, let’s go,” he said casually before they walked towards the pokemon centre.

Isn’t anyone tryin’ to find me?
Won’t somebody come take me home?

It’s a darn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won’t you take me by the hand?
Take me somewhere new?
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you

“Hey, Drew, what date is it today?” she asked.

“11th February,” Drew answered.

I’m with you...

“So,” May said after remembering that a particular day and occasion would be coming up a day after the contest. “Do you have any plans after the contest?”

I’m with you...

“Training,” Drew replied. “Apart from that, nothing much.”

I’m with you...

END!