PDA

View Full Version : What movie is this?

Swinubman53
2nd May 2003, 10:58 AM
http://www.pokemonaholic.com/pokemovie01.html
*not adveratizing its a direct link* which movie is that? it doesnt even have ash and friends. it has the characters from crystal version. Whic number movie was that in japan? I need some answers or I'll explode!

Anti-R*cketship
2nd May 2003, 11:33 AM
That's not a movie, it's the infamous Crystal Special. We're hoping 4Kids will find a reason to dub it, instead of ignoring its existance entirely.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd May 2003, 03:00 PM
Yeah, that special is the Raikou Special, which also showcases many characters from the television show.

Professor Sebastian, the evil professor from the Red Gyarados saga, is the main villian.

Nikku-San
5th May 2003, 01:02 AM
Oh man, I would really love to see that released on DVD. And if they included the full Japanese version like with Pokemon 4Ever, I'd be truly happy. The opening song is one of my favorite, but I never could find it on CD or MP3... Well, let's all keep our fingers crossed for both a DVD/VHS and a Raikou promo card. ^^

Light_Togetic
5th May 2003, 12:41 PM
*Nods in agreeance*

Yeah, I hope they release it. Maybe this summer during the time they don't show any new episodes they will. Maybe. If they do, I hope the voices are somewhat different than the main characters on Pokemon.

Nikku-San
5th May 2003, 01:21 PM
Yeah, if Marina gets stuck with Racheal Lillis, that would suck. And I don't think there will be any repeats this Summer, they've been airing them painfully slow.

Hanada Tattsu
5th May 2003, 06:03 PM
Why do I see Marina for some wierd reason with May's voice?

I think Veronica Taylor suits Marina much better than it does with May. BTW, when I was watching the Advance episodes (Japanese) does it not sound that Haruka's and Kasumi's voice actresses are the same?

Swinubman53
5th May 2003, 06:26 PM
I havent seen any japanese episodes of the advance generation, so I wouldn't know. (I did see kids wbs preview of the first two episodes though). This is sort of like those banned episodes, doomed to probably never walk on solid american (or british, or austrailean or whereever your from) soil. Exept that holiday at alcupulco episode that was banned, It was showed on the kids WB later as a "Lost Episode". but there was that one scene that they kept even from the american one, *watches clip of japanese scene he found on the internet* *shudder*

Hanada Tattsu
5th May 2003, 07:42 PM
Well, I guess the reason they're not airing it is kinda because there is part

*Spoiler Alert*

Team Rocket capture Marina, so I guess they think that's too "spooky" for American audiences.

*End Spoiler Alert*

Nikku-San
5th May 2003, 10:16 PM
And? The whole crew got captured in the Lugia trilogy. And they were in a freaking cage, unconscious for a while. That would be a really lame excuse.

Oh, and I can see Marina being done by Veronica Taylor too... Wierd. Kenta will probly be done by a VA that normally does young men. As for Jun'ichi, I can see him with a very uh, unique voice... AS in sorta crazy-ish.

Hanada Tattsu
6th May 2003, 04:38 PM
Some might find this wierd, but I wanna see Tristan's dub seiyuu doing Kenta's voice, not the regular voice that always does it, lol.

Nikku-San
6th May 2003, 11:40 PM
Tristan?! If you mean the one from Yugioh, I really can't see that working... But that's just me. ^^;;

Hanada Tattsu
7th May 2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
Tristan?! If you mean the one from Yugioh, I really can't see that working... But that's just me. ^^;;

I guess you do have a point.

BTW, I don't watch Yugioh, I was just suggesting something.

How about 4Kids hire a new actor to do the job instead of the regular guy who does it all the time. O_O

Light_Togetic
7th May 2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
How about 4Kids hire a new actor to do the job instead of the regular guy who does it all the time. O_O

*Gasp* I think that's against their rules! (j/k) I think the Raikou special has a great storyline, and I think that young audiences can handle it. Besides, they would see worse stuff if they turned the channel to MTV!

Hanada Tattsu
7th May 2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
*Gasp* I think that's against their rules! (j/k) I think the Raikou special has a great storyline, and I think that young audiences can handle it. Besides, they would see worse stuff if they turned the channel to MTV!

LOL, I know.

4Kids think that they leave in an innocent, filtered world. Therefore, everything has to be pure and good. 4Kids, flip the channels, and you guys can see what other programs kids are watching... *hint hint nudge nudge*

Entropy
8th May 2003, 07:14 PM
I concur, Hanada. If anything, 4Kids is asinine it making sure the viewers are 'safe' from all of that stuff.

The funniest things is that that KidsWB airs cartoons that are more violent! Funny how things go, huh?

Hanada Tattsu
8th May 2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Entropy
I concur, Hanada. If anything, 4Kids is asinine it making sure the viewers are 'safe' from all of that stuff.

The funniest things is that that KidsWB airs cartoons that are more violent! Funny how things go, huh?

Yeah, it's funny how Kids WB contradicts itself in everything it does.

No offense to fans of this show, but X Men Evolution is oh so much more violent than Marina getting kidnapped for five minutes in the Raikou Special.

Legends-Kuja
9th May 2003, 02:34 PM
^I doubt that's the case. I bet cuz the MAJORITY of the Pokemon fans are unaware of its existence, and won't care due to RU/SA, that they ain't/won't dub it.

LET NINTY KNOW THEY MUST DUB IT NNOOOWWW!

Hanada Tattsu
9th May 2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Legends-Kuja
^I doubt that's the case. I bet cuz the MAJORITY of the Pokemon fans are unaware of its existence, and won't care due to RU/SA, that they ain't/won't dub it.

LET NINTY KNOW THEY MUST DUB IT NNOOOWWW!

Yeah, but the show is still in the middle-end of Johto, so it would be a perfect time to dub it!

We've seen Professor Sebastian and Lance in the anime already, and we're going to see Junichi soon, so why can't we just see the episode now?