PDA

View Full Version : Because You Loved Me (AAMayL One-Shot)

Cool-headed Blaziken
12th September 2006, 11:03 AM
Because You Loved Me (AAMayL One-Shot) Rated: K

A/N: Inspired by Celine Dion’s ‘Because You Loved Me’

Vermilion City.

A number of people and pokemon were at the city port, where cruise ships come and go. Among the people were three teenagers and a child and a little yellow mouse known as a Pikachu.

He was riding on the shoulder of one of the teenagers who wore blue hooded sleeveless jumper over his black t-shirt, blue baggy trousers, a pair of trainers, and a red hat. He also had black scruffy hair and zigzag markings underneath each eye. His name was Ash Ketchum, pokemon trainer from Pallet Town.

The other trainer was wearing a red jacket and bandanna, a white miniskirt and black tight shorts. She also had brown hair that covered both her ears. Her name was May Maple, a pokemon coordinator from Petalburg City.

The third teen was the tallest of the group. He was wearing a dark brown jacket over his green t-shirt, a pair of grey baggy trousers and black shoes. He had brown spiky hair and small eyes. His name was Brock, self-proclaimed ‘ladies’ man’.

The child was wearing a pair of glasses, a green t-shirt, brown shorts and a pair of green and black trainers. His name was Max, May’s little brother.

It was a sad day. They gathered at the Vermilion City port to say their goodbyes because they had different destinations to visit. Ash and Brock had to go to a different region for Ash to compete in another league where pokemon trainers compete in contests of skill and strategy.

May and Max decided to go to another different region for May had to compete in more pokemon contests where trainers compete in coordinator shows.

There were reasons why the group had to separate. The region where Ash was going had no pokemon contests for coordinators and the region where May was going had no pokemon league. Plus, the pokemon league and the grand festival were on the same date meaning they can’t be there to support one another in person.

Ash and Brock’s boat was to leave the port first before Max and May’s. After promising to each other that they would do their best during their future travels, Ash and Brock were making their way up to the deck of ship.

“Ash, wait,” May called out to him.

Curious, Ash turned towards her attention to hear what she wanted to say. She took a few steps towards him until she was centimetres away from him and stood still. He waited patiently for a number of seconds while May breathed in and out while tears were forming in her eyes.

Suddenly, she lunged forward and gave him a huge hug. I’m going to miss you,” she said tearfully.

At first, Ash was slightly surprised that one of his best friends would hug him in a loving way but he quickly felt warm and comfortable as he hugged her back in response. “I’ll miss you too,” he said softly.

“Attention, all passengers departing to the Orre Region, will you please make your way onboard the St. Anne. The ship will be leaving in two minutes,” a woman announced through a speaker.

May, with reluctance, moved away from Ash, still with tears in her eyes. Ash showed a small smile as he wiped them away with his thumb. “Don’t worry, May,” he said coolly. “We’ll see each other again.”

“You promise?” she asked.

“You will… I swear.”

For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I’ll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You’re the one who saw me through
Through it all

Soon, the ship set sail. Ash and Brock waved to the friends they had met back in Hoenn, as did they. While they did, May started to think back all the things, through all the good and bad times, when she started her pokemon journey.

Before they met, all May wanted to travel around the world. She didn’t like pokemon at first but with some things she learned from Ash, she began to love pokemon. If it wasn’t for him, she may become even more afraid of pokemon, maybe even more loathing of them.

While she was travelling with him, along with Brock and Max, alongside with her newfound love with pokemon, she also found some inspiration besides pokemon battling. After seeing a Beautifly perform a beautiful looking Silver Wind, she decided to become a pokemon coordinator where a trainer trains their pokemon to perform tricks and stunts to amaze others. Ash was the first person to congratulate her on her newfound passion and many encouragements during her training and her performances.

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you

There had been times when she would sit at a random place close to a pokemon contest arena, or inside it, and try to get over her nerves because she knew that whenever she gets nervous her pokemon would get nervous too. Sometimes, she had gotten so nervous tears would start to flow from her eyes. No one knew how but Ash would be the first person to notice this and he always came to comfort her before she had to and perform.

He saved her life on more than one occasion. He saved her from falling off a cliff, he kept her warm when they had to walk through mountains that were extremely cold, he protected her from angry pokemon such as Ursarings and Beedrills, and much more. Ash did promise her parents that he would protect her from any harm but that wasn’t the only reason, he had his own reasons.

You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You’ve been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you

One of the most memorial moments of her life was when she became the winner of the last grand festival, where elite pokemon coordinators competed. During her celebration ceremony, Ash was the first person she hugged, thanking him while kissing him on the cheek, much to his surprise.

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

After her reminiscing, a tear formed in her eye. She continued to look on as the ship sailed, taking one of the most people she cherished, not just because she had a lot to thank him for but also for the love and friendship he provided.

She doesn’t know how long he would be gone but one thing for sure, she will always hold him inside her heart...

Forever.

I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

END!