PDA

View Full Version : Umm ok, Kingdra?

DarkestLight
2nd May 2003, 01:01 PM
I was looking at Kingdra's moves, and well, I stumbled over a small anomoly. I keep reading from here that Kingdra has a good movepool. So I finally got one, and Im debating whether to have it learn Dragon Dance or not, when something hit me.

>_> Why in the heck am I gonna give it Dragon Dance when D-Dance only bumps up Speed and Atk? Not to sound picky, but I 'd like to have a Stat-upper that benefits me as much as possible

o_o I mean, maybe its good for psyching out your opponent, but...Kingdra gets no raelly GOOD Physical Move...H-Beam does NOT count as good anymore >_>

Flail >_> No. Fustration/Return are possibly the ONLY moves worht somethng as far as Physical Kingdra goes, ad Facade/ Secret Power.. I dunno >_o

So, am I a fool for giving Kingdra a set like this. Note, I still have the opportunity for getting D-Dance, since its ABOUT 32 levels away. I guess this is a RMMoveset....but I dun want to be rated, I just want some tips on my strategy as a whole.

Kingdra

D-Breath
Surf
Ice Beam
Rain Dance

Yeah yeah yeah I can get shocked outta my head with Thunder >_o.

Yeah yeah yeah D-moves are 4x effective, so Wobbuffet would eat me alive, so dun hit a Wobbuffet with D-breath o_<

I split up the EV's into Spec Def/Spd/HP/Sp Atk 194/112/104/100--And the funny thing is that its personality is
-Spec Def >_o, +Spd. So as of right now, On lvl 32, Its Spec Def is higher than its speed, but It won't be like that for long >_o

So not very smart. But I'm hoping by Lvl 50-- the Stats will be starting to fall in line with the flippin' Equations.

But yeah I kinda wanted a hard Spec attacker Spd that could take 3 hits, and I possibly got it o_o. This is one of the three Pokemon I want to use for the Battle Tower, that's why I'm asking. R-Dance for speed w/Swift Swim and all. Looks like a OK one to me for all out Attacking. Whaddya think?

::Still upset Kingdra's Atk Stat is higher than its Spec Atk Stat:; >_o... That's just not right man!

Cooltrainer
2nd May 2003, 04:29 PM
1. Kingdra's a water/dragon: you won't have a super effective thunder hitting you! It will be normal damage!
2. How can Wobbuffet do that? He only counters the dmage to double not the move! The only moves you should look out for are Dragon!
3. Why do you need speed? You should have modest (-att +sp. att). Since you have Rain Dance, your speed is increased due to its trait (Swift Swim)

I have the same moveset and it works perfectly!!!
Not that much strategy but good attacks!

DarkestLight
2nd May 2003, 06:58 PM
I intentionally wanted a better personality on the Horsea, but after 36 eggs, I was getting tired of waiting for one to hatch with ok stats. So this one came along {Bad thing is that its a female >_o. Sux to be me} and I was like o_o.. Ok that's it, yer gonna be the one.

I'll probably breed another one and all, but its good to know someone thinks sorta like I do when it comes to some Pokemon. Yeah I agree, I dun need speed, it just came out that way.

Oh, when I said that thing about thunder, I mean the using Rain Dance, thing, and then Thunder being able to hit 100%, not the non-super effective ness stuff.

>_> As for Wobbuffet,...I'm unlucky XD. I'll still die XD.