PDA

View Full Version : *~*Middle Earth*~* - The Blacksmith's Legacy

Heald
2nd May 2003, 01:07 PM
After the defeat of Sauron by the Last Alliance, the human, dwarf and elf generals met in a triumph commitee. In honour on their victoriy and each other, they had the finest blacksmith in the land forge three unique weapons as a gift to each other's army and a sign of their alliance. The three weapons were the Daemon Sword, with a blade that has been endowed with an eternal flame that ignites when one human worthy of holding the sword holds the hilt, the Mithril Bow, such a delicate weapon that only an elf may use it. The mithril arrows can kill any creature in seconds, and the Golden Axe, a weapon with made of pure hold and the blade made of diamond, it is so heavy only a skilled drawf can use it and the blade is so sharp it can cut through anything like a knife through thin air. These weapons were sealed in each kingdom's throne room, only to be marvelled as gifts and not to be used as weapons. They were not even considered during the War of the Ring, but now a very different has taken place...

It has been 500 years ever since the Ring was destroyed. Middle Earth has rebuilt itself and people may live in freedom and without fear. That is until a strange man, Korsal, came to the Human King, Lord Donovan, and became his advisor. Ever since that day, the Kingdom has become worryingly more corrupt. It was when sightings of the Undead began to be seen. Small assualts of a dozen Skeleton Warriors, called Skeles, have been reported, but the King has written them off as petty trickery and attention-seeking. The Captain of the Royal Guard, Captain Ishimir, worried for the King, sought the Daemon Sword. Alas, for when he found its resting place, it had disappeared. Realised the Kingdom was now corrupt, Ishimir and his fifteen best knights formed a new brigade called the Red Wing Brigade, formed to find the Daemon Sword and to confirm the safety of the other two legendary weapons. Meanwhile, the King has become ill and his son has taken the throne. Blaming the illness on his advisor, he ordered the Korsal to be found and executed, but Korsal had already fled the city. Now it can be confirmed that from sightings, Korsal is in fact a Dark Sorceror that is using his necromancer magic to raise Skeles to fight for his cause. Whether he is behind the disappearance of the Daemon Sword is unknown, but probable.

This is where you come in. At the moment, the Prince Calahan has just taken the throne, the Red Wing Brigade is heading towards the Mines of Moria, where the old throne room was and hoping to recover the Golden Axe, and Korsal is raiding random villages with a regiment of Skeles. You can be a bystander willing to take a stand against Skele, you can be recruited by Calahan to find Korsal and bring his head to Calahan, you can be sent from your individual kingdom to make sure Korsal does not reach their kingdom or you can be in the Red Wing Brigade. You cannot be, however, Korsal, Calahan or Ishimir. Those are mine.

The Form

Name :
Gender : (male or female, the two most popular genders of the year)
Race : (Elf, Dwarf, Human, Hobbit)
Appearance :
Personality :
Class : (Fighter/Ranger/Thief/Wizard/WHATEVER! MAKE SOMETHING UP!)
History :
Inventory :
Other :

ONLY 2 WIZARDS MAXIMUM!

A Sample Form

Name : Feiron Jahon
Race : Human
Appearance : Mid-length chestnut hair that always looks kind of scruffy. Has hazel eyes and is of a fit build. Wears a white shirt with a brown leather jacket, black trousers and brown leather boots and belt. He's about 6 feet tall.
Personality : Is quick to anger but is usually kind-hearted and does what's best for others. All he wants is a peaceful life but has realised that it is his time to take a stand if this is to happen.
Class : Fighter
History : A normal village man, he was a farmer's son and he works day in the field and night training as a swordsman like his grandfather. Once he heard of skele attacks in the surrounding areas, he prepared himself to defend his family and friends. After successfully eliminating a regiment of Skeles, he decided it was time for him to join the quest to destroy the evil Skeles, not realising that there was a great power behind them.
Inventory : A long sword and basic light camping gear.
Other : Nope.

I'll post my REAL form later.

EDIT : I forgot. No white or grey wizards please. And original characters please, I don't want sons or daughters of the heroes.

Majin Sean
2nd May 2003, 05:55 PM
I find your RPG very interesting, especially the plot. Do you mind reserving a spot for me in this? I got baseball practice right now, so I'll probably sign-up either tonight or tommorrow. Thanks

-sean

Heald
5th May 2003, 08:41 AM
Sure, I'll reserve you a place.

Tainted
5th May 2003, 06:16 PM
Baseball, eh? Its not often I find other people who play baseball...

Name: Seth Nefarious
Race: Human
Appearance: Seth looks rather gruff and intimidating. For his deeply 'oldifying' age, he does not look like he has faced many years on the earth. He has a grim bristly stubble of a beard and mustache combo. He has a heavy build and is encased in steel armor. His hair is trimmed short and is a dark black in hue. He wears a large steel helmet with a faceplate that flips down if he goes into battle.
Personality: He is very anti-social and he hates most people except for women. He tends to get along with them much better than he does men, as he often sees men as competition. He is a bit arrogant, and often sees himself above others. He knows that he is one of the best assasins out there, so he finds himself perfect for his job.
Class: Assasin
History: His father was a thief and his mother was an assasin, he was trained in both aspects of play. He soon found his fathers ways cowardly and started training more with his mother, soon enough he killed his own father despite his mothers pleads and stole their money, taking off and making a small refinery, he soon made a lot of money and had the town blacksmith craft his armor. He is now one of the most respected and feared assasins of the day.
Inventory: A short sword, a steel shield, a bow and a quiver full of arrows. His short sword is in a sheath on his left leg, his quiver is on his back and his bow is slung over his quiver. His shield rests behind his quiver, further away from his back and it is attached by a leather strap from the quiver. All of this fits rather nicely.
Other:

Tyler and Hobbes
5th May 2003, 07:01 PM
Name : Soris Black
Race :Elf
Appearance : Dark black hair up to his neck,he is tall, many woman find him attractive, Azure eyes, a purple robe with a green eye were his chest is, he wears long silky black pants, and a hood.
Personality : He is a charmer, a liar, he will do anything for money, he's a scam artist, he won't go down without a fight, adamant
Class :Rouge
History : Abandoned as a child, he'd used to hang around bars, when he was seven he was adopted by the bartender of a local bar. It was there that he worked and wear he took up pickpocketing.He served people drinks. Most people like him. Though he can hardly afford anything.
Inventory : four daggers, a sheild, and a chain with a bar at the end
Other :none

Sakura12
8th May 2003, 07:47 AM
Hmm... Am I the only female signing-up???

The Form

Name : Ithil Flowerpetal (Ithil=moon)
Race : Human
Appearance : Rather tall and slender, she has black hair down to her knees. She has fair skin and bright blue eyes. She also has a silver pendant of a phoenix on a mithril chain around her neck. She usualy wears a white blouse and dark trousers, with a white cloak and hood.
Personality : Boisterous and suicidal, and seldom lady-like, although can be quite caring.
Class : Fighter/mage
History : Orphaned at young, she has been brought up in Gondor, where she learnt her skills and magic. She doesn't remember much of her past before her house was burnt down.
Inventory :
~ a silver sword
~ two daggers
~ her pendant (see appearance)
~ (no armour)
Other : Her pendant has some powers, but that will be explained later.

Heald
8th May 2003, 11:32 AM
All are accepted, but fireguardian, please change your Class to 'Rogue' please as scam-artist isn't a true class. Since Sakura got a mage, that is a wizard so there is one wizard remaining.

My sign-up!

Name : Lothan Arolis
Race : Elf
Appearance : Has short, spiked white hair and green eyes. His ears are elfishly tall and he wears elf battle gear and a green cloak for camoflague.
Personality : He is willing to sacrifice himself to save his friends and family, and is loyal to the elves. He has a kind temperment but has no trouble striking down evil. He has little need for material items, save his weapons and is quite philosphical.
Class : Fighter
History : Born into a wise family that had close ties to the elven royal family, he was taught philosophy under his father and uncle. However, omens sensed that an impending danger was about to fall upon Middle Earth, and Lothan cut short his teaching to train for battle. Learning about the former elven legends such as Legolas, he trained rigorously, spending long months out in the wild on his own fending for himself. Eventually, he became the informant for the elves and was sent to the human world to find this danger and relay any information back home.
Inventory : A Double-Bladed Sword and a Long Bow.
Other : Nope.

Kenshin
9th May 2003, 06:37 PM
Name: Zef Aroon Pizet (ZAP ^_^)
Race: Half Elf and Half Human (if i cant then i'll change but pwease)
Appearance: long silver hair that comes down to his back. Sharp keen gray eyes that stare out from his silver locks. Somewhat pointed ears and a smooth clean-shaven face. A Long lean muscular build meaning he is thin and agile but it is obvious that he is strong. Wears a white turtleneck muscle shirt made of stonger cloth and black gloves with black steel knuckle guards on the back of his hand. Wears black pants and black boots covered with the same type of black steel that covers his hand. His sword is sheathed under his hair on his back. His belt is ridged and also holds up this white cloth,uh, thingy that falls over his boots. In the white is a blue triangle with the base being the belt and the tip pointed down that is embroidered with many symbols and pictures. The same steel that covers his hand and boots are wrapped are used to make a black steel collar around his neck that has a chain holding a somewhat large black cross over his chest.
Personality: Very quiet. Loyal to those he sees as friends. Looks upon people cautiously. "Testing the water" before making any judgements or alliances. Never shows his emotion. Whether he is upset, happy or sad his face keeps its calm composition.
Class: Fighter
History: His mother, Lilia Frechett, was a beautiful woman wanted by most of the men of her village. Against her will she was engaged by her father to the mayor's son. On a passing journey a wandering elf only known as Lothan (yup yup thats u heald if u want me to change i will) saw Lilia and instantly lusted after the gorgeous human. Lilia as well fell keen to the elf's handsome features and the night before her wedding to the mayor's son lay with Lothan. The two parted and have never met again.
When Lilia gave birth to Zef the mayor's son, who had become mayor through his father's illness, instantly noted the odd difference of Zef. The keen sharp eyes, the somewhat pointed ears and rather obvious odd color of the baby's head led the mayor to throwing Lilia out of the town. Zef grew up hating the male human, which had tortured him as well as mother for what he was, a halfling. Zef proved to have his father's adeptness in fighting skills. Learning both the art of archery and the sword rather quickly. He has never seen his father and after his mother's death has tried to isolate himself off from the rest of Middle Earth journeying the land honing his skills.
Zef was passing by the Human kingdom as news of Korsal's trickery spread. Hearing news of this and the three unique weapons Zef became decided the ill fated men he had grown to hate would need his help.
Inventory: A long black sword. The blade is not straight on either side it has many cuts and ridges in it meant by design.
Other: Nope

whew that was long

Ginger Cat
9th May 2003, 07:28 PM
Lord of the Rings...
*drool*
Hope this is okay... Head is fuzzyness. O_o

Name: Lethilen aka "Wraith"
Race: Human
Appearance: 6’2”. Build is about average, somewhat thinner than normal. Skin somewhat tanned. Eyes are steel gray. Hair is black, semi-long, wavyish, more silky than tangled. No other facial hair. Wears semi-faded navy blue jeans with a gray shirt made out of some sort of animal hide and a jacket of darker skin from some other sort of animal. Also wears a black--the black has a strange almost-shimmery(it's there than not) deep, deep green tinge to it--cloak with hood, yay! Has a scar across the back right side of his neck.
Personality: Mysterious, as Rangers tend to be. Doesn't feel much fondness for humanity in general, though it could be because he's seen precious little. Jaded in his own way and with his own set views on life, he tends to be entirely contentious, especially when placed with certain types of individuals. Vindictive and vengeful, sadistic as well when it comes to certain issues. Does, however, enjoy literature and lore. If the right people come along, he can be quite friendly.
Class: Ranger
History: He was born in Minas Tirith, where his father was a soldier. Lived there for several years, until his father died, and then moved to a small town next to Edoras. His mother worked in healing in Edoras, and Lethilen often wandered around town alone. Living in these towns opened him up to people and tales that he might not have otherwise heard, and he learned much quickly. Also meant many people, nearly all whom he still remembers and thinks about occasionally.
Inventory: Small pack with various items for survival; a horse called Specter; a dagger; a long-sword; throwing knives; bow with arrows
Other: Maybe later...

Yes, I did cheat, bad me... But like Lethilen... And changed him, mostly his personality...