PDA

View Full Version : 2012 TPMNoVA Mini Gathering Jan 8-9!

Asilynne
3rd November 2011, 10:06 PM
Did I say annual? What I meant was, whenever we feel like it :)

Ok, here is the interest gauging/announcement topic for the two next gatherings we have planned! One is another big get together for TPMers, so if you couldn't make it to the last one, you have another chance :)

From January 9-14 a good friend of ours from Britain will be in the area, and since this won't happen often because of expense, I figured why not try and beat August's record for most number of TPMers under one roof :) Gav (Ultimate Charizard) will be coming down for a convention and will be having some extra time to hang out afterwards, so we come to the decision, which day in this span of days is best for the people who are interested in coming?

Also, on Feb 5th, its America's favorite day to gather with friends and have an excuse to eat snacks and yell at the TV! Yes thats right, the Superbowl! We will be having a Superbowl party and any local TPMers that don't already have plans for that day can gather with us and help us cheer or boo for whatever teams happen to make it.

Any ideas, RSVPs etc for these two events can be posted here! Hope to see you! :D

Kuro Espeon
3rd November 2011, 10:17 PM
I'm totes in! *headbang*

Bear
3rd November 2011, 11:01 PM
we can probably swing the january dates, but the super bowl party we'll likely be doing here, sorry.

Magmar
4th November 2011, 09:21 AM
I'll be on winter recess for the January dates. I think this time around, I will be coming down!! :)

Becky
4th November 2011, 04:37 PM
Where and when? I want to see if Brian and I can make it :)

Jeff
4th November 2011, 05:29 PM
January for the first one. I haven't really talked much about it with the NoVa crew, but it'll probably be in Mananas, VA unless we just end up meeting up with UC in DC (heh).

DarkestLight
4th November 2011, 06:53 PM
Too bad I'm no longer on the EC, or Ida went to DC to chill with UC and Asi and the rest of Ye (OH 5 TIME RHYME!)

Bear
4th November 2011, 08:55 PM
will kidnap blademaster. choice not given.

Asilynne
4th November 2011, 08:58 PM
Probs be in Manassas, since his hotel during that timeframe will be in Manassas, his first hotel is some upscale one that he's sharing with friends for the con lol

Cool guys! Let me know which dates you can swing, even if its any of them :) I can pretty much do whatever but Sundays and Mondays would fit best for me.

Becky
7th November 2011, 07:38 PM
So, I can probably do the Superbowl party- what do you guys recommend, flying down? I'd be coming from the Indianapolis area. I teach TTh, so I have Fridays and Mondays 'off' (well, I use the, to work on the diss). Only thing is I'm not sure if Brian can come, and I'll have to look into travel costs. But it's a possibility :)

Asilynne
7th November 2011, 08:27 PM
Flying would be the fastest and most comfortable. Dulles is the only airport nearby that I know how to get to so I'd request that one if you want a ride from the airport to the house :) If you need help finding the best deal I love finding stuff like that ;D

RedStarWarrior
9th November 2011, 05:04 PM
Flying would be the fastest and most comfortable. Dulles is the only airport nearby that I know how to get to so I'd request that one if you want a ride from the airport to the house :) If you need help finding the best deal I love finding stuff like that ;D
It's better to fly into National as there is a Metro stop there. Dulles' is still in the process of being built.

Anyway, I can swing it.

What convention is Gav attending?

Asilynne
10th November 2011, 07:42 AM
She wouldn't be able to take the metro into Manassas anyway, and we really don't mind picking people up :)

And he's going to Magfest :)

Bear
10th November 2011, 08:18 AM
every time someone says "Gav" I read it as "Gay".

Sorry gavin :(

Asilynne
10th November 2011, 08:23 AM
LOL I smell an unwelcome nickname coming on! We give one to whoever attends these it seems, since we now have Schott and Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff lol

Bear
10th November 2011, 11:46 AM
raisin bran?

Asilynne
10th November 2011, 11:55 AM
raisin bran?

O.O *flashes back to middle school* XD

Ultimate Charizard
13th November 2011, 06:46 PM
:)

One more reason to not mind that ive blown all this money lol.

Lady Vulpix
13th November 2011, 06:49 PM
January is my least busy month, but I'm spending so much money on travels! Why don't you people come to visit me in January?

Bear
13th November 2011, 11:03 PM
Because some of us are on parole and can't leave the country?

Asilynne
14th November 2011, 03:34 PM
Because
IhnUgAaea4M

lol jk This Jan really can't because well, Gav is coming here and I have to save my vacation time for the wedding/honeymoon :) I would like to visit every continent one day though!

Blademaster
14th November 2011, 09:36 PM
Even Antarctica?

Asilynne
15th November 2011, 02:31 AM
Even Antarctica?

http://www.expeditions.com/Destination44.asp?Destination=283 Yes indeed :)

Zak
15th November 2011, 03:13 AM
heh, it's funny how this gathering is happening now... I remember in 2003 how I was doing the same thing with five TPM people from New England area.

Right now I think out of the active users, Magmar's the closest to me.

Master Rudy
15th November 2011, 04:41 AM
Because some of us are on parole and can't leave the country?

You're still sour about being a prison bitch aren't you James? :P

Bear
15th November 2011, 08:14 AM
You're still sour about being a prison bitch aren't you James? :P

Been shitting pamcakes ever since :( :( :(

Kuro Espeon
15th November 2011, 09:00 AM
Been shitting pamcakes ever since :( :( :(

Sick. That mental image will be with me all day now, thanks a lot.

But LOL "pamcakes"

Magmar
15th November 2011, 10:16 AM
Right now I think out of the active users, Magmar's the closest to me.

I don't know of any members from New England who are currently active, other than us. I think DarkestLight is down in NYC, though!

In other news, I'm totally planning a trip to London for Spring Break!!

Bear
15th November 2011, 11:53 AM
DL in NYC wut? Why haven't he and I hung out yet???

Asilynne
15th November 2011, 12:32 PM
He moved to Montana :(

Bear
15th November 2011, 03:47 PM
who moves to montana?

ChobiChibi
15th November 2011, 04:12 PM
Hannah Montana?

Jeff
15th November 2011, 04:23 PM
Joe Montana?

Kuro Espeon
15th November 2011, 04:59 PM
Montanazuma?

Blademaster
15th November 2011, 08:43 PM
http://www.expeditions.com/Destination44.asp?Destination=283 Yes indeed :)

What sorta souvenirs do they sell down there?

Bear
16th November 2011, 09:50 AM
Montana Everest?

Asilynne
17th November 2011, 12:14 PM
Sorry to get back on topic lol but which day would everyone be able to make it for? Should we try to do it on another Saturday? or is there another day that would work for everyone involved?

Bear
17th November 2011, 01:52 PM
obvi weekends are best =P

Ultimate Charizard
18th November 2011, 12:59 PM
I will be moving hotels on the 9th so ill be in Manassas that evening, and i fly back on Sunday the 15th. Obviously days in between that are preferable lol.

Asilynne
22nd November 2011, 08:51 PM
So, lets target one of the saturdays or sundays, the question is, which one? As long as I take naps I'm good with either, but Sundays might be better for me. However, I live here and I can deal with Saturdays if it comes down to it :) Let me get a headcount from everyone and a prefered day, if any weekend in this span of time is good, also specify that :)

Magmar
23rd November 2011, 09:17 AM
I go back to school on the 17th ( a Monday ), so January 8-9 would work better for me personally. However my Monday night class is at 7 p.m., so it shouldn't be a problem if we do the next weekend! Stupid catholic school not observing MLKJ day

Asilynne
4th December 2011, 09:01 AM
Ok well since we are sneaking up on one month til, Lets go with January 8th-9th! If you have a long weekend and want to arrive in the area that saturday, thats also fine! Let me get a headcount if you all will, who's all planning on coming?

Jeff
4th December 2011, 09:19 AM
Well, now that I have a proper source of income, I should be able to make it. I just need to remember to take off.

Ultimate Charizard
4th December 2011, 11:44 AM
I wont be able to make the 8th/9th. Ill still be at the Con those days. It ends on the 9th but ill be doing all my moving out/hotel switching on the 9th.

Asilynne
9th December 2011, 10:29 AM
Ah damn. How are you about the evening of the 9th Gav? Thing is, I believe the 9th is a holiday and a lot of people are off work then. Including me and I don't get holidays off most of the time XD If not the evening for everyone, then how is the 13-14th? Its the next Fri, Sat.

I'm not sure about who's coming atm and what their work is like so if you do plan on coming let me know asap, thank you :)

RedStarWarrior
14th December 2011, 07:47 PM
I will be Canada. My wife's interview is the 6th.

Sorry! Plan another one soon!

Asilynne
19th December 2011, 08:40 AM
I will be Canada. My wife's interview is the 6th.

Sorry! Plan another one soon!

NP!!! Tell her good luck for me! And congrats about finally getting the interview :)

Jeff
19th December 2011, 03:04 PM
Ah damn. How are you about the evening of the 9th Gav? Thing is, I believe the 9th is a holiday and a lot of people are off work then. Including me and I don't get holidays off most of the time XD If not the evening for everyone, then how is the 13-14th? Its the next Fri, Sat.

I'm not sure about who's coming atm and what their work is like so if you do plan on coming let me know asap, thank you :)

Whenever it is, I can make it, I just need to know so I can take off.:D

Asilynne
20th December 2011, 12:10 PM
The evening of the 9th is the firm date now :) let's set the time at 4pm, I'll try hard to actually go to sleep in the morning so I can be alive XD any ideas for events? I'd like to hit up a restaurant and Gav has suggested karaoke which we could do both, but if anyone else has ideas let me know ;D

Kuro Espeon
20th December 2011, 06:24 PM
I'd suggest Lulu's in Centreville (not far from Manassas), which is a korean karaoke bar (where you get your own room and pay by the hour) and they also serve food. The only issue there is that it could get rather pricey, but depending on how many people are actually coming, it may not be too bad if we split it between everyone. *shrug* It's a thought.

Other than that, I think there are some other restaurants in Manassas that have karaoke. I know America's Bar & Grill has it, but I'd have to look into the details.

Magmar
20th December 2011, 07:31 PM
Okay! I can sure try to find a train that will get me there either Sunday night or Monday afternoon! I may have to impose for a night or two, since I will be using public transit. Anyone want to house a burning duck with a butt on his forehead? I can grill and set off fireworks from a distance! xoxo magmar

edit: zak you should come too

Bear
20th December 2011, 08:19 PM
dibs on Baby Got Back for karaoke song

Asilynne
22nd December 2011, 07:39 AM
As far as crashing at our place Magmar, I personally would be cool with it as would Sarah, but we have a third roommate (she's not on TPM) and she is opposed to people she doesn't know spending the night here... However you could check with Gav since he has a hotel room and he may be open to sharing it, I can't speak for him, but it sounds like it COULD work :)

Bear
22nd December 2011, 08:33 AM
just realized this is a Sunday-Monday. You know this means Christina won't be able to come right?

Asilynne
22nd December 2011, 08:58 AM
I can't help that James, he won't be in Virginia until the morning of the 9th, and will be leaving that weekend, so its pretty much either the 9th or those other weekdays :(

Bear
22nd December 2011, 12:54 PM
sad face :(

RedStarWarrior
25th December 2011, 09:47 PM
So, I don't get to meet Magmar-kun?

Fuck me...oh, wait, he can't now! :(

Magmar
31st December 2011, 10:08 AM
I hate to be a bother, but could somebody please break down what the plans are so that I know some details for booking transit? I just need to know where I should take the train to, if I'll need to transfer to other forms of public transit or get a taxi, and when! <3

RSW will you be there? If so I will meet you and we can rage! :P

Asilynne
31st December 2011, 10:37 AM
The evening of the 9th is the firm date now :) let's set the time at 4pm, I'll try hard to actually go to sleep in the morning so I can be alive XD any ideas for events? I'd like to hit up a restaurant and Gav has suggested karaoke which we could do both, but if anyone else has ideas let me know ;D

Ok I'd say take the afternoon train on the 9th, If your train goes to DC, you can take the DC metro to Vienna VA and we can either pick you up at the Vienna metro stop or you can take a Taxi to Manassas VA (not sure how expensive a taxi is though :s) I will try to get ahold of Gav to see if he will let you stay at his hotel ;D

Magmar
31st December 2011, 12:11 PM
Monday, January 9, 2012
95 Northeast Regional (PVD - WAS)

Depart:
6:55 am, Mon, Jan 9, 2012

Arrive:
2:00 pm, Mon, Jan 9, 2012

Duration:
7 hr, 5 min

Tuesday, January 10, 2012
94 Northeast Regional (WAS - PVD)

Depart:
2:02 pm, Tue, Jan 10, 2012

Arrive:
9:06 pm, Tue, Jan 10, 2012

Duration:
7 hr, 4 min

Does this sound about right?

Asilynne
2nd January 2012, 03:18 PM
I told you via text already but it looks great! I'm so excited for this meetup!!! Let me get a roll call of who all is coming, there are a few people that were interested but I need to know who all is for sure coming :3

The main party will be at 4pm on the 9th but you can stick around for the next day as well! Or even show up a day early. So keep that in mind!

Ultimate Charizard
2nd January 2012, 04:18 PM
Ill try keep you guys updated via Facebook and other thingies. I dont think ill have a working phone so essentially ill be on WiFi where and whenever i can.

Asi ill catch you on FB or something to let you know where im staying etc beforehand.

Magmar
7th January 2012, 02:53 PM
Two days until I meet you all! Just did all my laundry and I'm packing now. Can't wait! :-)

Becky
8th January 2012, 02:52 PM
Awww, I hope everyone has fun! I can't wait to hear all about it-- and see pics too :)

ChobiChibi
8th January 2012, 04:35 PM
All the cool kids are meeting on the 12th. Cos we're that awesome >>

Magmar, Wurzle and I need more specifics for when you come here, we're gonna book a hotel (and me holiday time off work) because we both live a little too far away to make it a day-trip (Kirst especially) ^^; But I hope you're having fun with the states people XD

Asilynne
8th January 2012, 07:41 PM
Its tomorroooowwww!!!!! Magmar, send me a text if you need a ride from the vienna metro :)

Bear
8th January 2012, 07:44 PM
I will conference call you guys

MeLoVeGhOsTs
9th January 2012, 02:18 AM
Looks epic. Hope I can drop by one of these occasions in the future.

What about a europe-meet-up.

Jeff
9th January 2012, 08:28 AM
I'm coming a little early most likely, no earlier than 3 though. I'll see you all then!

Asilynne
9th January 2012, 10:27 AM
Ok come over wherever Jeff, I haz a Magmar already (I got the times wrong!) ;D Also Magmar wants Scott to come XD

Magmar
9th January 2012, 02:09 PM
WHERE IS TEH SCOTTZ

Magmar
9th January 2012, 05:00 PM
"And Birdo wins on hopes and dreams... She always wanted to be a superstar! <3"
#tpm

Magmar
9th January 2012, 08:04 PM
Members present: Gavin, Jeff, me, Kuro, Asi
Members drinking: me, Gavin, Kuro
Karaoke opportunities: endless
Bear: has been drunk dialed. unBEARable -jeff
BEARd convention: has to happen
Miles: cutest doggie ever.
Birdo: HOPES AND DREAMS. Hopes and dreams. Gender: its ok, youre fabulous girlfriend!

Jeff
10th January 2012, 01:02 AM
The bad: No Bear, No Shcott
The good: An actual girl asked me for my number. Totally makes up for the above.

All in all, another successful meetup.

Bear
10th January 2012, 08:33 AM
Sorry this is what happens when you hold a meetup on WEEKDAYS. Us married folks just can't do it!

Also that was a drunk dial? Y'all seemed pretty normal to me. Of course, normal for my sister could be construed as drunk for others, but meh. Good to see some Birdo lovins, and the BEARd convention might be a long time coming since once I get a job I won't be able to grow one.

Kuro Espeon
10th January 2012, 09:08 AM
We weren't drunk yet when we called you, lol. We just act that way normally, lol

Asilynne
10th January 2012, 11:33 AM
HOPES AND DREAMS BABY!!! HOPES AND DREAMS!!! Ben's car is now named hopes and dreams because thats what it runs on lol <3

Magmar
10th January 2012, 01:35 PM
I think we need some kind of birdo bumper sticker for the hopesanddreamsmobile so that it can achieve superstar status at the last possible minute!

Asilynne
11th January 2012, 04:33 AM
I think we need some kind of birdo bumper sticker for the hopesanddreamsmobile so that it can achieve superstar status at the last possible minute!

YES!!! Someone needs to draw a pic of Birdo doing thr Tebow with rainbows and sparkles to represent hopes and dreams lol