PDA

View Full Version : ~NaCoDraMo~

Asilynne
4th November 2011, 04:52 AM
Yes I totally just made it National Comic Drawing Month :) I got this idea when I asked my sister if she would do the NaNo with me and she said she sucks at writing, but would have liked to. It's up to Elf whether he wants this to be an official thing or not, but I figured I would post it for the people that would like to participate in a creative challenge this month, but either can't write or who rather drawing than writing (like my sister).

Basically its like the NaNo in that you are challenged to finish a certain number of words (or in this case, pages) of a story in a month, but this one focuses on comic pages. Since I don't think this has been done before, I'll go ahead and set the page goal to 50 comic pages, a moderate number for now since it hasn't been tested and since you will be getting a late start.

Unlike the NaNo, you can erase, but all shading and such has to be done with pencil. I'm not sure how it will work with digital comicmaking, so if you have any suggestions of how it can still be challenging with all the tools available in digital format, feel free to share! If you take up a whole page with one frame, if will only count as half a page. Besides the obvious comic differences, it will try to follow the basic rules of the NaNo as close as it can!

Since there isn't a site for this :s You can post the finished products here in Fanart. Even though my sister doesn't frequent TPM often, she will most definitely want to show hers off! (as long as she can remember her login info lol)

Hope any of you artists out there will like the idea of a challenge that suits your skills :)