PDA

View Full Version : Attn Melbourne citizens--Creative request!

Asilynne
10th November 2011, 08:49 AM
Ok, so me and Ben are going to make a sort of 'engagement video' that is actually a music video with a certain song. I have people that can film me here, but since neither Ben or I have any contacts in Melbourne where he lives for the moment, we don't have anyone who could possibly film his parts. Looking for someone that has a decent video camera, (doesn't have to be awesome but not like a shitty webcam or grainy cellphone cam) and wants to help make something that is (I hope) cool :)

The locations would be various iconic locations in the City of Melbourne itself and at the beach. We have some ideas about scenes but as I know nothing about Melbourne or what is considered an iconic location there, we also kinda need help with that too :) The filming itself shouldn't take a super long time, the song is only about 3 and a half minutes long, and the scenes would probably be split equally between us.

For those who are curious, the song we will be using is this one:

ufhovX8fJ9w

Say what you want about Simple Plan, but the song fits way too well lol

So yeah if anyone can or is willing to be a part of the project it would be an awesome help! Your name will be on the credits and we would like to show it at our reception, just let us know! Thanks <3

Andrew
10th November 2011, 03:51 PM
we don't have anyone who could possibly film his parts.

Congratulations!

And Lol. Sorry, not in Melbourne. For some reason I always thought you were American.

Master Rudy
10th November 2011, 05:48 PM
Congratulations!

And Lol. Sorry, not in Melbourne. For some reason I always thought you were American.

/facepalm

Apparently your reading comprehension level needs some work......
Bran's looking for someone that can film BEN! :P

Asilynne
10th November 2011, 10:11 PM
Congratulations!

XD I didn't even think of how that sounded!

Yeah I'm American, we're currently 10,000 miles away from each other, but that actually works for the video we want to do. I have friends here who are taking filmmaker courses and they have a digital camcorder, but Ben and I don't have anyone we know in Melbourne since he previously lived in Adelaide and has been living here for a year. So we're looking for someone in Melbourne that has a camcorder and feels like doing something creative ;D Thanks anyway dude :)

Andrew
11th November 2011, 12:43 AM
/facepalm

Apparently your reading comprehension level needs some work......
Bran's looking for someone that can film BEN! :P

Well duh. What do you think I meant?

Way to be a prick.

Blademaster
11th November 2011, 05:10 PM
As much as I enjoy seeing Rudy look stupid, you DID make it sound like you thought it was for Asi with the "I always thought you were American." line.

Magmar
11th November 2011, 07:11 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/omg_drama_funny_mug-p1683360119933724732otmb_400.jpg

DarkestLight
11th November 2011, 07:59 PM
Applaud that mug!

Becky
11th November 2011, 09:45 PM
Oh my gosh, what a nice idea...I can't wait to see how it turns out, Asi! How romantic!!

Asilynne
12th November 2011, 08:04 AM
When did this thread turn into Mt Moon Lite?

Anyway thanks Becky :) Still hoping to hear from any of the many Australians we've got lurking around here, so far Andrew is the only actual Australian who has posted (which I thank him for :3)

Asilynne
15th November 2011, 05:23 AM
Update: So apparently Ben lives in a suburb of Melbourne? Google maps says its somewhat nearby but not actually in Melbourne, so if anyone is around it and isn't afraid of meeting Ben ;D then let us know!

Andrew
15th November 2011, 02:56 PM
What suburb?

Asilynne
15th November 2011, 06:40 PM
Point Cook (if thats a suburb of Melbourne o.o) I knew it was near Melbourne in any case lol Some of the scenes would be near the beach but most of them would be around the Melbourne area.

mistysakura
18th November 2011, 07:46 AM
Point Cook is near Melbourne??? I'll do it, but it'll have to be within the next three weeks as I'm going on holiday in December. Or I could do it after I return in February, I suppose.

...just looked up where Point Cook is. Holy, it's far, far away.

EDIT: Would I just be a cameraperson, or do I edit as well?

Iconic places in Melbourne: Flinders St Station, St. Kilda Beach, Luna Park, Federation Square (which most people dislike), alleyways with cool street art, ubiquitous cafes, Botanic Gardens, on a tram... :P

Jay
18th November 2011, 07:53 AM
Point Cook (if thats a suburb of Melbourne o.o) I knew it was near Melbourne in any case lol Some of the scenes would be near the beach but most of them would be around the Melbourne area.
Hahaha, I live like a few minutes out of Point Cook.

I am not creative though. :(

Asilynne
18th November 2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks mistysakura + Jay

All you have to do is be able to hold a video camera :) we've got a creative team in the making, most live over here but we can share ideas via TPM or something lol I believe my cameraman edits, but if you know how to edit and would like to edit some of the raw footage that would be cool, I'll just let you know what we're looking for. Also, do you happen to HAVE a video camera (digital preferred)? I'm not sure if Ben has one. ^-^()

Also thanks for the points of interest in Melbourne! Ben will probably be going to Melbourne to film at those places and the beach, since I don't think where he lives has any super iconic things that scream "THIS IS AUSTRALIA" besides the wetlands lol So if you are in Melbourne that shouldn't be a huge problem. Thanks for the responses and definitely let us know~!

mistysakura
18th November 2011, 02:05 PM
Yay, Melbourne TPMers meetup! I wonder if Tony would be interested. I only have a digital camera, but my friend's got a good digital video camera which I should be able to borrow. I'll talk to her today. Your cameraman is probably much, much better at editing than me. I'm just a basic Windows Movie Maker person, lol. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxeHVEbDPq4) So I'll probably leave your creative team to it.

Mystic_clown
18th November 2011, 10:02 PM
It doesn't take me long to get to melbourne. Mainly I go down to laverton station and take the train. If there's any way we could meet up to discuss it, that would be awesome.