PDA

View Full Version : Heracross might be out of a job.

Link
10th November 2011, 04:40 PM
I heard that my company I am working for now filed for bankruptcy, yet I don't think they are going to get out of bankruptcy, and if they don't, I'll be out of work and trying to get a job at a Gamestop, if I can get a job there. I'll settle for working at any good paying job that sells games.

Crystal Mew
10th November 2011, 05:34 PM
I got put on "academic leave" against my will back in august, and haven't worked since...it sucks sometimes. I hate looking for jobs.

good luck to you!

Link
10th November 2011, 06:40 PM
Yeah, this happened to me before at another job. I was at work, when they told all the employees to go upstairs. I went, and they told us the company lost millions of dollars. That sucked.

DivineAll
11th November 2011, 12:58 AM
Better than my last job where the place was going out of business anyway and was going to be heavily renovated for the future. Ironic thing is my current job has me occasionally work near the remains of my old workplace which makes me somewhat depressed every time I pass through. *sigh* Progress: it's both good and bad in a lot of ways.

Link
11th November 2011, 09:01 AM
They lost a lot of money here in the past few weeks. We had Hurricane Irene, and then a snowstorm, all in a matter of a week's time. Hopefully, I can get a job that's close by.

Magmar
11th November 2011, 09:18 AM
Irene and a snowstorm within a week of each other?
But... Irene was in August... o_O

Link
11th November 2011, 10:02 AM
Yeah...sorry. I didn't remember exactly when the Hurricane was. Sorry!

Andrew
11th November 2011, 02:11 PM
Remember - Get references. Get applying. GET OUT.

Katie
11th November 2011, 05:56 PM
trying to get a job at a Gamestop, if I can get a job there. I'll settle for working at any good paying job that sells games.

Pretty sure "GameStop" and "good paying" don't belong in the same sentence. afaik for average "sales associate" (or whatever) employees, they pay the minimum wage across the country. They rely on hiring employees who want the employee discount instead of the actual wage. Which, if that's what you're after, go for it, but I wouldn't expect to be able to make rent on it. Just a friendly tip :) Fun fact of the day: GameStop corporate is only a couple miles from me! 8D

Link
11th November 2011, 06:03 PM
Good paying jobs are hard to come by, I know. It's just I like games, so I figure selling them at Gamestop would be good. Sales associates for a store like gamestop may pay minimum wage, but I have years of experience in retail already.