PDA

View Full Version : Watch out London!

Magmar
15th November 2011, 10:22 AM
Coming soon to a Pokemon Center near you, it's... Nurse Joy Magmar! My roommate and I are planning a trip for Spring Break, and he really wants to go to London, and I'd like to check out a couple universities while I'm there. So you crazy UK TPMers, do you have any recommendations for something we should do while there besides see a bunch of archaic buildings? Maybe we can grab a beer or three!

Heald
15th November 2011, 11:59 AM
Maggie, you're one of the top TPMers on my list and, provided I'm still in the South East, I'd love to come up to London for a few cold ones.

Unfortunately, London itself is somewhere I am incredibly unfamiliar with in terms of 'fun' stuff. Go to a football (soccer) match or something. Plenty of museums and other things I guess. What universities were you planning on looking at?

Dark Scizor
15th November 2011, 12:14 PM
Eat food.

That's the best thing about London, really.

Other than that, wait until it gets closer to the date and see what's going on with TimeOut London or something like that.

Samchu
15th November 2011, 12:21 PM
Ice bar. Because who wouldn't want to go drinking in below-freezing temperatures?

Other than that there's the usual tourist stuff.

ChobiChibi
15th November 2011, 12:37 PM
I WILL COME. It doesn't take me long to get to London.

I shall inform Wurzleface, she will want to be in on this X3

Asilynne
15th November 2011, 06:41 PM
You guys should make a british meetup, see how many you can gather ;D

ChobiChibi
16th November 2011, 07:10 AM
One thing that is not reconmended is climbing the stairs at Covent Garden tube station. Unless you're fit. Which Kirst and I were clearly not XD I dunno, I haven't done anything touristy in London in years. Or anything untouristy. Just expos, concerts and auditions.

We did find this awesome little pub near Leicester Square. Good food. And the cupcake place om nom!

Magmar
18th November 2011, 02:31 PM
It would be awesome to meet ya'll! I may have some fellow dorks in tow. I will let you know more about dates and such as things are confirmed, but so far it looks like March 16-20 are the days!

Is St. Patrick's day a big deal at all in UK or is that blasphemy or irrelevant lmao

ChobiChibi
19th November 2011, 03:32 PM
Goooood! That's the weekend after I finish the panto, so that is a good weekend :D

I think most pubs do something for St Patrick's day, whether they're Irish or not. Obviously the Irish like to celebrate, and the rest of us seem to wanna join in for shiggles.

Weasel Overlord
23rd November 2011, 10:05 AM
Yeah, what Bex said. Say no to Covent Garden stairs!! EVIL FUCKERS.

Ahem. Anyway. Basically throwing my oar in to the YAY BARRY'S COMING TO ENGLAND party. I can get down to Londonia for supremely cheap (although a 4.5 hour coach journey, ew), so we will totes have to do something :D

Master Rudy
27th November 2011, 07:05 AM
Thank god you decided on London. Ohio can rest easy now XD
But seriously enjoy the trip.

BTW Heald my Kindle apparently hates your sig and avatar. I demand that you change them :p

Heald
27th November 2011, 07:19 AM
Kindle can't handle animated .gifs? Actually, that doesn't surprise me, but that's still pretty shitty.

Master Rudy
27th November 2011, 07:28 AM
Kindle can't handle animated .gifs? Actually, that doesn't surprise me, but that's still pretty shitty.

Well it can handle them....however due to the refresh rate it's extremely choppy looking and has frames where the color is inverted due to trying to refresh the image constantly. Also bear in mind this is a touch with a black and white screen. I'm sure the Kindle Fire does a much better job in that area.

In short I just felt like dicking around and trying out the web browser :P

Heald
27th November 2011, 07:31 AM
Anyway Magmar, come to London and shizzle. St Paddy's Day is just another excuse for the Brits to get blind drunk and we seem to celebrate it more than we do St George's Day (who is our actual patron saint).

ChobiChibi
27th November 2011, 03:02 PM
Thank god you decided on London. Ohio can rest easy now XD

... There's nothing exciting in Ohio... Plus he'd just be, y'know, travelling within country...

Maybe now is one of those times I should just roll my eyes... :rolleyes:

Anywho, LETS MAKE PLANS :3