PDA

View Full Version : A New One

Uraziel
19th November 2011, 11:18 AM
Hi there,

I've been here a couple of days now, so I guess it would be about time for an introduction.

About myself... Basically, I have come here more or less by chance. And since the whole forum seems like a lot of fun, the next thing I knew was I had joined. So now here I am, probably going to hang around around either in the ASB or the RPG sections most of the time, and trying not to get on your nerves too much. ^^
I love reading (in fact, whoever has read the right books might know where my username comes from), listening to and playing music. Except that, I am also interested in maths, chess and science in general.
Some time ago, I used to write a bit, but it's been a way too long time since then...
I have graduated from school this year and until I can start university, I am playing in an orchestra.
Should you find any incredibly awkward or unbearingly stupid mistakes in my posts, please bear with them as English is not my first language. If they really bug you, the best thing would be to tell me, since in that case I wouldn't have to repeat them... :rolleyes:
And since I can be awfully uncreative at times, this is about I can come up with for now. So you'll just have to ask me if there's anything else you want to know. I'll try not to bite you :P

I hope I will enjoy my time here (and, considering all that I've seen so far, it looks good) and wish you all the best,
Uraziel

ChobiChibi
19th November 2011, 11:47 AM
Welcome to TPM, but especially to RPG :D Looking forward to RPing with you!

What orchestra do you play in? And what instrument? I'm a bit of a music bum >>

Asilynne
19th November 2011, 11:55 AM
Welcome again! Yes we are glad to have you in RPG :D and ASB is also a good choice.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask, we're a pretty chill bunch of people :)

Magmar
19th November 2011, 12:11 PM
Welcome! We have a lot of folks who speak English as a second language. Two of the more prominent members are Lady Vulpix and Mikachu Yukitatsu, also mvtm, and many others. We share a common interest in Pokemon which may or may not still be important to individual members (I for one have not owned a Pokemon game since Game Boy Color). So you should feel comfortable to talk about anything. What country are you from? If you grew up speaking in Spanish, many of us also can converse quite eloquently in Spanish. Maybe you can teach us what you know! :)

Kuro Espeon
19th November 2011, 03:22 PM
YAY! Hiiiiiii! *waves arms around like a spazz* ...Sorry, I'm a dork. 8D

Welcome! Can't wait to see you over in RPG. We RPG folk always love to induct new people into our cult warm embrace.

Have fun and enjoy!

Jeff
19th November 2011, 03:30 PM
Hi, welcome to TPM, enjoy your stay, if anyone from RPG offers you Kool Aid, don't drink it, etc.

Blademaster
19th November 2011, 03:45 PM
Sup.

ChobiChibi
19th November 2011, 03:49 PM
Hi, welcome to TPM, enjoy your stay, if anyone from RPG offers you Kool Aid, don't drink it, etc.

Just because you didn't react well to the Kool Aid, doesn't mean he (she?) will too. You just gotta... Relax.

Uraziel
19th November 2011, 04:20 PM
Wow. :eek:
I guess that's what you could call a warm welcome. So thanks a lot, I'm really looking forward to writing with you guys!

First of all, it's he. (I just knew I had to forget some really basic thing... Sorry abuot that ^^)

And, what exactly is Kool Aid supposed to be? I kind of don't understand what is going on here.

Magmar: No Spanish, I'm afraid, since I'm from Austria. But if you happen to speak German, too... :rolleyes:

ChobiChibi: I play the violin in a ballroom orchestra in Vienna. (If you want to know exactly what kind of music we play, I can send you some examples, but that would be too long to do here.) But it is only going to be for a few more months, until I enroll for university. If you call yourself a 'music bum', what kind of music does this refer to?

Uraziel

Knight of Time
19th November 2011, 04:37 PM
And, what exactly is Kool Aid supposed to be? I kind of don't understand what is going on here.

Uraziel

I can answer that question, Kool Aid is a drink. It's made of drink crystals, which you add water to in order to make the crystals dissolve. Now, the crystals are fruit flavoured (I think there's some sugar in them), but I believe they are artificially flavoured.

Anyway, welcome to TPM. You can find me mainly around GGG and AC/CC these days, so if you have the time, you might want to take a look, you might find the two areas interesting, if not, it's not a problem.

Kuro Espeon
19th November 2011, 04:37 PM

Kool Aid is a refreshing, delicious beverage. And we have in NO WAY tampered with it. Nope. Just plain old Kool Aid in this punch bowl. *pushes it towards Uraziel* Don't listen to Jeff. He's still a bit delirious. :D

ChobiChibi
19th November 2011, 04:57 PM
ChobiChibi: I play the violin in a ballroom orchestra in Vienna. (If you want to know exactly what kind of music we play, I can send you some examples, but that would be too long to do here.) But it is only going to be for a few more months, until I enroll for university. If you call yourself a 'music bum', what kind of music does this refer to?

I've just graduated with a music degree, so it's pretty much all music :3 I play clarinet, flute and sax and I sing, my bf plays cello... So yeah, music is pretty much my life. It's the best, isn't it? :D

What University are you going to? Are you being brave and going internationally? I only this because a good violinist friend of mine came from Hong Kong to study. And the UK is clearly an awesome place to study music.

I only put she in brackets in case you were female and I offended you by calling you male XD

Good luck with applying to Uni :D

Lady Vulpix
19th November 2011, 06:24 PM
Welcome, Uraziel! That was a really interesting description of yourself. As I've said to others before, don't worry about making mistakes, that's a good way to learn. And your English is very good. English is not my first language either, and I've learnt a lot on these forums. Posting here and interacting with others is a great way to practise.

Since you like writing, I recommend that you visit the Fanfic forum, and also the Adopted and Captured Pokemon subforum of "Games, Games, Games!". You may enjoy the activities which are going on there. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

mistysakura
19th November 2011, 07:33 PM
Welcome, Uraziel! Ah, Vienna... good memories. I was there with my choir last year, for a music tour. Still can't quite believe that you can go to the opera for six Euros. Good luck for applying to uni! What do you want to study?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th November 2011, 01:57 AM
Willkommen in TPM!
Welcome to TPM!
Ich kann ein wenig Deutsch sprechen, aber diese Meldung wahrscheinlich hat Fehler.
I can speak a little of German, but this message probably has errors.
Es gibt ein anderer Österreicher in TPM, Austrian ViceMaster Alex, der Moderator der General Discussion.
There is another Austrian at TPM, Austrian ViceMaster Alex, the General Discussion moderator.
Und du bist an der richtigen Adresse gekommen wenn du gerne liest.
And you have come to the right place if you like reading.
Miscellaneous Stuff allein viele bietet, das.
Miscellaneous Stuff alone offers a lot of that.
Was auf Fanfic, du kannst auch die Geschichte machen, die erste Person die auf meine Fanfic (Maids Of Might) kommentiert!
What comes to Fanfic, you can even make history and be the first person to comment on my Fanfic (Maids Of Might)!
Das ist fast fertig.
It's almost finished.

Uraziel
20th November 2011, 02:28 AM
Kool Aid is a refreshing, delicious beverage. And we have in NO WAY tampered with it. Nope. Just plain old Kool Aid in this punch bowl. *pushes it towards Uraziel* Don't listen to Jeff. He's still a bit delirious. :D

Okay, now, somehow, this doesn't feel alright :sweat2:

Still can't quite believe that you can go to the opera for six Euros.
Um, last time I looked, it was three, I believe :D
I love this city.
What choir was that? I may have heard it :P

I've just graduated with a music degree, so it's pretty much all music :3 I play clarinet, flute and sax and I sing, my bf plays cello... So yeah, music is pretty much my life. It's the best, isn't it?

What University are you going to? Are you being brave and going internationally? I only this because a good violinist friend of mine came from Hong Kong to study. And the UK is clearly an awesome place to study music.

Well, music kind of... just is :)
I don't think I'll go abroad, since a) one wouldn't actually leave Vienna to study music and b) I'm planning to do maths, anyway. Maybe I'll take the time and study playing the violin, too, but it's not going to be my future job. (I know. But playing the violin professionally would be too much stress, too much competition, too much being forced to play (and, compared to science, your job prospects are somewhere near zero here ^^). So I'll rather keep it as terribly time-consuming hobby ;)
...and who knows what future brings, anyway?

And, once again, thanks for all the nice welcomes. It really makes someone feel at home right after coming here!

Oh, and I just saw your post, Mikachu Yukitatsu - thanks, it is always nice being written to in one's own language. And your German's pretty good, seeing that the language itself is... not always strictly logical ;)
I've sent you a message with some corrections, to work on, but these are mostly details ^^

Uraziel

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th November 2011, 04:58 AM
Vielen danke für deine Hilfe!
Thanks a lot for your help!

Don't worry, I liked it how you pointed out my mistakes. Friendship request on its way!

DarkestLight
20th November 2011, 09:03 AM
>.>....<.<...Seeing as RPG is all *cthulu" with you, let me formally welcome you to the forums Urazial. Dun feel like you have to type out my complete username, DL will do just fine :D. I'm strictly around ASB, because they offer non poisonous Kool-Aid ... ¬¬

Any questions about the ASB world, ask me. I kinda know some tips and tricks.

Uraziel
20th November 2011, 12:29 PM
>.>....<.<...Seeing as RPG is all *cthulu" with you, let me formally welcome you to the forums Urazial. Dun feel like you have to type out my complete username, DL will do just fine :D. I'm strictly around ASB, because they offer non poisonous Kool-Aid ... ¬¬

Okay, you've done it. I have absolutely no idea anymore what you guys keep on blabbering about... :rolleyes:
I'll just take it that, at some point, I will miraculously understand what you meant and be tormenting entertaining unknowing newbies, myself :D

And, Mikachu, I feel honored. Thanks :)

Asilynne
21st November 2011, 08:59 AM
We're strange, thats all you need to know lol but we're the good kind of strange :D