PDA

View Full Version : WWE Discussion Thread (Current topic: THE RETURN OF Y2J!)

Master Rudy
24th November 2011, 03:39 AM
Started one of these awhile ago but it quickly died off. Time to start a new one!

Title explains itself: discuss the WWE as a whole, recent episodes of Raw/SD, the WWE in other media, ect. I'll try to keep track of the current discussion in the topic title so folks that want to discuss things can know what's going on at a glance.

To start things off here's something the WWE is starting to get a big presence on: You Tube. If you're a WWE fan and spend time on You Tube it should be no secret that Zack Ryder has his own weekly show on You Tube. It's been almost a year since his first episode and quite a few of the other WWE Superstars are getting in on the act as well. Recently CM Punk posted a teaser on his channel that caught my attention:

2gG5QFDT0rs

Punk's comment was "I'll be waiting "mystery man"- that's not so mysterious!" It should be obvious to any long time fan what this is: Chris Jericho is coming back. This leads into some speculation on my part.

Listen closely to the distorted voice in the video.....and also bear in mind this is Punk posting the video and not Y2J himself. In the video you'll hear a distorted voice say "we are the best in the world at what we do." Punk's been using that best in the world line for awhile now. However the fact that it's popping up in plural form in an obvious Jericho teaser means one of two things:

-Punk vs Y2J for the WWE Championship in the near future
-Punk and Y2J as a new tag team

Thoughts on the matter guys? What would you rather see more?

shazza
24th November 2011, 03:43 AM
Yeah, it has got to be Jericho. He's come back to save us, but now he's come back to destroy us. Every time he returns he reinvents himself, and I hope he comes back disturbed than previous incarnations.

Jericho vs Punk at WM28 for sure.

Drago
24th November 2011, 07:34 AM
Jericho would be the only reason I would start watching again. I'm irked that my favorite wrestler (Lance Storm) started his career at the same time as Jericho, yet has been retired for five years or so.

Anyhow. Basically, all my guys are gone these days. I never really recovered my interest once Kurt Angle jumped ship. Jeez, that must have been about three years ago? My wrestling fandom has been dead for longer than I realized...

shazza
24th November 2011, 08:25 AM
Jeez, that must have been about three years ago?

Try five. :)

kainashi
24th November 2011, 10:10 AM
jericho is one of my favorite wrestlers so i'm hoping it's him. :D

ASK HIM

Ayeun
24th November 2011, 07:17 PM
God I hope he comes back, and then declares war on the "twit's". I am over every 10 seconds being told to "Follow us on twitter", "The Rock just Tweeted...", ect...

kainashi
25th November 2011, 03:31 PM
it's like vince mcmahon just found out about twitter and has to jam it down everyone's throats.

Master Rudy
26th November 2011, 12:30 AM
Well as it's already been said there's no way in hell it's not Jericho. However now I've got some additional info: a date!

wH2brqHTpeE

New video posted on You Tube four hours ago. The user name is ItBeginsAgain and in his profile the only thing listed is "It begins again for the 3rd coming...." The image used for their user picture is from Jericho's titantron from his second run with the WWE. As for the teaser video there's brief flashes of the binary code and his name in the video. Despite the distorted voice making it hard to 100% confirm it being him there's no doubt in my mind that it's him. His voice is way too distinct. At the end of the video it reads "01.02.12" which would fall in line perfectly for the first Monday Night Raw of 2012.

EDIT: Yeah....any doubt just got erased. Related videos on You Tube have this one listed:

D6kP0ZI6uHk

Part of the speech the boy makes is a bible verse about the rebuilding of the City of Jericho. As for the videos themselves they are being posted on You Tube and speaking of a return on the 2nd of January.......

All things considered these videos aren't even trying to be subtle anymore XD

kainashi
26th November 2011, 12:40 AM
what a tease tonight with daniel bryan. :(

Master Rudy
26th November 2011, 04:31 AM
what a tease tonight with daniel bryan. :(

I'm pretty sure some countries have laws that declare that as cruel and unusual punishment.

That being said I somehow see the match going sour and the MitB briefcase coming into play. To my knowledge since the concept was first introduced there has yet to be a briefcase holder who has had a title shot while still holding the briefcase. There's also the fact that all the buildup that was being created from Daniel Bryan's promise that he'd hold it until Wrestlemania just got flushed down the toliet.

......of course then again there also has yet to be a Mr. MitB who has held a title AND the briefcase at the same time. Since he can hold it as far as MitB 2012 I don't think there's any telling what's going to happen with that briefcase at this point. I know the concept of Raw and SD having their own MitB matches is fairly recent but does that mean they can only be used for their respective titles? If not and Daniel Bryan manages to win then I somehow think it's possible we might see a return of the Undisputed Championship if he cashes in on the WWE Champ at some point.

Link
26th November 2011, 01:07 PM
wwe is getting lame. i watch it sometimes, but it really bites how the story goes, and i rarely watch it now through until the end.

Drago
30th November 2011, 07:27 PM
Brief thread hijack for a fun memory...
08NKNk6al38

Master Rudy
13th December 2011, 12:45 AM
Well it's finally happened.....something that long time WWE fans have waited YEARS to see....

NqrQOx3eAV8

The mask has finally returned.

Master Rudy
5th January 2012, 09:43 PM
And now something else has happened:

oodp9GdkE8k
Y0fcDmbX3aU

The return of Y2J! Amazingly he managed to pull off a heel turn WITHOUT SAYING A WORD! All he had to do was play up his return and then simply walk away.
Can't wait to see where this goes. I'm personally hoping for Jericho vs. Punk at Wrestlemania.

Ghost
5th January 2012, 10:35 PM
Kane's return and subsequent "trying to get cena to turn heel" speech has been really lame in my opinion so far. I do enjoy his new look a lot though.

Jericho's return and heel turn was really awesome, and has me really excited for raw this coming week.

I only watch Smackdown now for Cody Rhodes and Bryan Danielson and as usual Rhodes is phenomenal. I can't wait to see him as the WHC next year. Danielson, on the other hand, has really disappointed me - but its not his fault. The booking has been awful, and he really doesn't look like much of a champion at all. His current story with Show/Henry has been really bland and i wish that they would give him someone else to feud with (Barrett/Rhodes/Ziggler/Christian/Miz or turn him heel and he can feud with Cena/Sheamus/Orton) but I feel like Show could take the title off of him at the RR or a Smackdown after that. I just can't see him going into Mania with the title.

CM Punk, on the other hand, is a god send, and i hope he keeps the title to Mania and beyond. Ive been reading the dirt sheet reports saying that the bookers thought about taking the title off of him at TLC because the ratings for Raw haven't been spectacular and their blaming it on Punk, which is absolutely ridiculous. Punk is the REASON to watch Wrestling right now- His matches have been spectacular this year. Punk vs Cena was the first 5* match in how long? Punk vs HHH was one of my favorite matches of all time (though its a bit biased, they are my two favorite wrestlers, and id KILL to see a rematch with no interference), Punk/Del Rio at Survivor Series was really good, The triple threat at TLC was an extremely good match (I was there!!) Punk/Orton was a really solid Mania match, Punk/Mysterio stole the card at Capitol Punishment, and Punk/Ziggler as of recently have been phenomenal matches (Though an actual feud between them instead of Punk/Ace would be nice) , but ill stop gushing and just saying that the ratings aren't Punks fault at all and if the title is taken off him by anyone but Jericho at Mania I'll be pissed.

Master Rudy
6th January 2012, 08:06 AM
While Punk has been great and enjoyable to watch I've got a bad feeling that he's not making it to Mania as the champ. Back when the whole Cena/Rock match was first being played up Cena made a big deal about how the match would be for the WWE Championship and then went on to say that one way or another he'd be going to Miami as the WWE Champion.

Of course they could go a few ways with that. If Cena doesn't make it to Mania with the belt then it potentially labels him as a liar and fuels what I feel is his coming heel turn. On the flipside since he said he'd be champ "one way or another" he could turn heel sooner in an attempt to get the belt. Let's face it.....Cena absolutely HAS to be a heel at Wrestlemania. Even if he entered as a face he's matched up with The Rock. There's no way in hell he's getting cheered at Mania against one of the most popular stars of the last 15 years, in that man's hometown. I'm fully expecting the oncoming boos to make Punk/Cena at MitB 2011 look tame. As for the match itself I kinda hope they have The Rock win it but I see the golden boy getting the win. I just hope that if he's a heel at least that it's not a clean win. If they plan to have The Rock around after Mania it'll make for a better storyline and frankly a clean Cena win against The Rock might just turn into a riot.

Ghost
6th January 2012, 08:58 AM
While Punk has been great and enjoyable to watch I've got a bad feeling that he's not making it to Mania as the champ. Back when the whole Cena/Rock match was first being played up Cena made a big deal about how the match would be for the WWE Championship and then went on to say that one way or another he'd be going to Miami as the WWE Champion.

Of course they could go a few ways with that. If Cena doesn't make it to Mania with the belt then it potentially labels him as a liar and fuels what I feel is his coming heel turn. On the flipside since he said he'd be champ "one way or another" he could turn heel sooner in an attempt to get the belt. Let's face it.....Cena absolutely HAS to be a heel at Wrestlemania. Even if he entered as a face he's matched up with The Rock. There's no way in hell he's getting cheered at Mania against one of the most popular stars of the last 15 years, in that man's hometown. I'm fully expecting the oncoming boos to make Punk/Cena at MitB 2011 look tame. As for the match itself I kinda hope they have The Rock win it but I see the golden boy getting the win. I just hope that if he's a heel at least that it's not a clean win. If they plan to have The Rock around after Mania it'll make for a better storyline and frankly a clean Cena win against The Rock might just turn into a riot.

I remember when that happen but I've been reading that they're okay with not giving Cena the title to go against Dwayne. Having the title on Cena is kinda pointless when they can keep the title on someone else to have a high profile match I.E Punk/Jericho.

Rock/Cena is going to be an epic match, but both ways I look at it I see that Cena has to win, heel or face. This is supposed to be a passing of the torch and having rock win wouldn't accomplish that (though it would be awesome) And while I agree that Cena should be a heel for all the reasons you said, I can't see them doing it due to the fact that it doesn't look like they truly trust Punk as taking over the role of top face

Ghost
12th April 2012, 10:10 PM
Rock/Cena is going to be an epic match, but both ways I look at it I see that Cena has to win, heel or face. This is supposed to be a passing of the torch and having rock win wouldn't accomplish that (though it would be awesome)

Well, that was a bit of a false prediction on my part... Any comments on the current product, or Wrestlemania 28?

kainashi
14th April 2012, 11:33 PM
i like the jericho and cm punk feud so far and the return of brock lesnar is nice i guess but that's about it.

Perfect Chaos
14th April 2012, 11:43 PM
Someone explain to me WHY Cena gets all the hate/disrespect that he's been having since he first entered the WWE? I've only recently got back into watching wrestling e er since I was a kid, only for a lack of better programming here in India :o

Ghost
22nd April 2012, 10:26 PM
Someone explain to me WHY Cena gets all the hate/disrespect that he's been having since he first entered the WWE? I've only recently got back into watching wrestling e er since I was a kid, only for a lack of better programming here in India :o

Basically, everyone has gotten sick of Cena winning and being WWE Champion all the time, and people have wanted his character to change, but it's been exactly the same since he first debuted (Thuganomics not-withstanding). So the smarks all started booing him, which then transfered to the adult fans. Cena's kid fan base is still pretty good, but basically, people are getting sick of him.

Dark Sage
23rd April 2012, 06:25 AM
Q: What's more pathetic that a pro wrestler?

A: A pro wrestler who tries to be an actor in movies.

Q: What's more pathetic than a pro wrestler who tries to be an actor in movies?

A: A pro wrestler who tries to be a politician.

Perfect Chaos
23rd April 2012, 09:28 AM
I think it's too bad they didn't let Cena win at WM28...I agreed with you 100% Ghost, I thought it would've been a passing of the torch kind of match...something to cement that Cena is the new face of the franchise...but no, Rock has to come in, make him look even more hateful/stupider in front of the fans and then just race off to his next movie adventure

I'm kinda wondering why they would bring Brock Lesnar back in to the WWE. While everything is staged from the get-go, I saw his final UFC match and the kick to his gut just showed how much his previous surgery really did a number on him. I wonder how he's going to be dealing with that, especially if he goes into Extreme Rules in a match with Cena. It's gonna be brutal for Lesnar IMO.

To be quite honest, I wish they would do more with Kofi Kingston. I love his image and wrestling style and wish they'd put him in more main-event matches or at least a feud with someone. But then again, I just recently started watching WWE so maybe a few years back he was already in main events and major feuds. I'm actually pulling for maybe a romantic storyline with him and one of the Bella twins (mainly since you see them together for many of the military functions and other events that the WWE goes and supports).

Heald
23rd April 2012, 12:03 PM
Q: What's more pathetic that a pro wrestler?

A: A pro wrestler who tries to be an actor in movies.

Q: What's more pathetic than a pro wrestler who tries to be an actor in movies?

A: A pro wrestler who tries to be a politician.
What's more pathetic than that?

A moron on a Pokemon forum writing off people just because of their profession.

Grow up, child.

Ghost
23rd April 2012, 08:36 PM
+1 awesomeness to Heald

My opinion is that their bringing back Lesnar to beat Cena again, and eventually he will beat Punk for the Championship and then Cena will come back and beat Lesnar for the title and regain his top spot in the company.

In regards to Kofi- hes plenty over with the fans, but he can't speak on the mic worth a damn. I think i recall kofi having a feud with Shawn Michaels and maybe even Cena, but im not positive on the latter. He just cant speak worth a damn.

Dark Sage
24th April 2012, 11:02 AM
Heald, I live in Connecticut. I had to put up with Linda McMahon's dumb campaign speeches.

Everyone could tell she was as phoney as the wrestling she used to promote. If she was the best that the GOP could offer in this state, then the Connecticut GOP is in BIG trouble.

I've given pro wrestling a chance. I find it dumb about ten percent of the time. The rest of the time, I find it second only to reality shows in terms of stupidity.

Edit: Child?? I'm older than you!

Ghost
24th April 2012, 07:33 PM
Heald, I live in Connecticut. I had to put up with Linda McMahon's dumb campaign speeches.

Everyone could tell she was as phoney as the wrestling she used to promote. If she was the best that the GOP could offer in this state, then the Connecticut GOP is in BIG trouble.

...... What does this have to do with anything

shazza
24th April 2012, 10:39 PM
Anyway, let's divert away from Dark Sage's stupidity:

Paul Bearer made a cameo this week! I love WWE continuity, mate!

Roy Karrde
24th April 2012, 10:42 PM
Yeah I came in to see Dark Sage's trolling.

But I did have a question, in that when I was in High School I was a massive fan of The Rock. So I heard he is turning up again, is he has good and charismatic as he was a decade ago, or has his film career and age changed him?

shazza
24th April 2012, 10:48 PM
He's been reoccurring since February 2011, and was a regular again from January 2012 until Wrestlemania 28 (April 1, 2012). He is definitely still as charismatic -- and athletic -- as he was during his era.

Check out some YouTube links. It's nostalgic!

Dark Sage
25th April 2012, 05:11 AM
Actually, The Rock is one of the few guys in this profession that I can tolerate.

I saw The Scorpion King... I didn't think it was half-bad.

Ghost
1st May 2012, 12:33 PM
Punk vs Bryan at a pay per view?

<333333333

I honestly can't wait for that match.

Perfect Chaos
1st May 2012, 01:48 PM
Wow Dark Sage you just managed to troll the Rock...kudos to you [/sarcasm]

Still waiting until this Sunday to see Extreme Rules on TV...but I heard the match between Lesnar and Cena was pretty brutal

Ghost
1st May 2012, 02:04 PM
Wow Dark Sage you just managed to troll the Rock...kudos to you [/sarcasm]

Still waiting until this Sunday to see Extreme Rules on TV...but I heard the match between Lesnar and Cena was pretty brutal

Pretty much all of the matches were awesome. Punk/Jericho wasn't as good as WM but still really good, Bryan and Sheamus almost stole the show and is a definite MOTY candidate, and Lesnar/Cena was just awesome.

Dark-San
4th May 2012, 07:51 AM

Saw the match. Didn't like the way it ended. For a former UFC champion to lose to John Cena is pathetic. *Sigh* The WWE scriptwriter should have made Cena lose and then drag the entire rivalry for some time. This would have been more interesting to watch, rather than the next PPV match of Laurinaitis against Cena. >.>;

Perfect Chaos
4th May 2012, 10:40 AM
Saw the match. Didn't like the way it ended. For a former UFC champion to lose to John Cena is pathetic. *Sigh* The WWE scriptwriter should have made Cena lose and then drag the entire rivalry for some time. This would have been more interesting to watch, rather than the next PPV match of Laurinaitis against Cena. >.>;

Laurinaitis vs Cena is gonna be a joke of a match...can't wait to see how they troll it...so bad >_>

I saw on the website that they fired the Bella Twins, since their contracts expired and they decided not to renew...I am EXTREMELY SAD/PISSED OFF at this...being a fellow twin and all and I thought they both were pretty friggin hot as it was. ;_;

Dark-San
4th May 2012, 12:30 PM
Laurinaitis is a joke to begin with! He can't speak probably, he can't act and too stupid looking for a villain. Whenever he starts opening his mouth to yell 'People Power', half the time it sounds like Goofy jerking off. =.=;

So come on, what is with the story plot? If you want a villain, we have quite a few evil looking ones with Kane, Mark Henry and lately Brock Lesnar. If they want a management as a villain, I am pretty sure that they could hell get someone with better and proper acting skills than the crap I am seeing now.

As for the next PPV, Over the limit, I doubt that match-up would be anything but interesting. UNLESS Laurinaitis decides to pull up a stunt and make it a handicap match with Lord Tensai. Then HELL this will be interesting.

For the other match-up, Punk against our resident 'YES' man. This will be an evenly match-up. Interesting to see how the 'Yes' lock will compete against the Anaconda Vise. But popularity-wise, it will be Punk's win. Not sure on how the storyline will proceed ahead, but it will surely be a better cup of tea than the previous story of having Y2J going on a personal verbal bard with Punk.

Y2J doesn't hold a candle against Punk in terms of pipebomb skills. Hopefully someone will formally challenge Punk at what he does best. :/

Perfect Chaos
4th May 2012, 01:07 PM
I don't think anyone on the roster has the potential to match CM Punk on mic skills. Y2J probably had the best chance to do it and he utterly screwed it up with his "chug chug chug" gimmick on Punk that's just getting old. Pretty sure, Punk's gonna be holding on to the Championship for a longer period of time, which is all fine and dandy for me...

...except for if Laurinaitis decides to pull a "screwjob" on Punk at Over the Limit with Bryan's "Yes" Lock, saying he tapped early or what not.

Oh well, kudos to Kofi Kingston and R-Truth for becoming the new Tag Team Champions. I think they're a much better combination than that retarded "Air Boom" crap.

EDIT: Also, what do you guys think of the possibility of a Jinder Mahal/Randy Orton feud in the making? Mainly cause of how Jinder came out during Randy's interview with Michael Cole and ate an RKO. As a fellow Indian, Jinder Mahal has kind of a stupid gimmick, but I'm still hoping they make this as a possibility just due to Indian pride. The Great Khali just isn't cutting it for me that much anymore