PDA

View Full Version : Re-Run through White, Team suggestions.

Ultimate Charizard
14th December 2011, 03:53 PM
Im using This game now to rerun and evolve battling pokemon since i have both versions.

Im about to start a MOSTLY Red/Blue run with...

Emboar (dont have one yet)
Alakazam
Gengar
Snorlax
Excadrill
and

I dunno. I kinda wanna try an Archeops or Carracosta. Archeops is the favourite though ive never gone through a game that didnt have a Water type for Surfing. If i had a trade id also be tempted to Oldschool it with a Lapras and The Grass deer thing is kinda tempting too.

Thoughts?

Poryhedron
14th December 2011, 09:00 PM
Well, if you want a Water-type for Surfing, I'd definitely approve of using Tirtouga's line. They're beasts when it comes to HMs. I load up mine with Surf, Dive, Waterfall and Strength; they can also learn Dig and Rock Smash if you'd prefer.

...on the other hand, that does leave your team with a blatant lack of Fly-users...

MeLoVeGhOsTs
15th December 2011, 04:42 AM
Sawsbuck is a great pokemon, full of novelty as well. Double-edge as a main attack combined with Horn Leech (and Shell Bell and/or Leech Seed) to get HP back; grants you great physical power and good type coverage. It can learn Jump Kick too! What deer wouldn't look cool doing a jump kick?

Chris 2.1
25th January 2012, 12:53 PM
The turtle is good, and available from the 3rd gym onwards. I really like Golett and Golurk, the huge ground/ghost types. Their ability increases the power of their punching attacks. I have tried with Serperior and Samurott but so far am enjoying Pignite (he'll be an Emboar soon)

archeops has a weird ability where some stats drop when it loses 1/2 HP, so it's a bit fiddly. Oh, Whimsicott isn't good competitively, but an ace poke. Tiny little sheep imp thing, and it's ability gives status moves (attract, stun spore, taunt) +1 priority. Ace.

Blademaster
26th January 2012, 05:00 PM
Whimsicott isn't good competitively

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/SteamClock/SimpsonsSpit-Take.jpg

Nigga is you SERIOUS?! Whimsicott is probably the deadliest and most Goddamn annoying thing to come out of Grass Pokemon since RSE gave us a Sub-Puncher that could use and abuse healing and status attacks. I dunno how the metagame has changed in the past few months, but last I checked, not even Ferrothorn can hold a candle to the sheer level of piss-off a standard Whimsicott possesses.

DarkestLight
26th January 2012, 07:58 PM
Problem is Blade, most people bungle up using Whimsicott...

Blademaster
27th January 2012, 11:53 AM
OK, fair point, but that small percentage that know how to use it... It's like GameFreak made this fucking thing SOLELY to be a troll Pokemon.

DarkestLight
27th January 2012, 06:56 PM
They did. The same with Chandelure and Ferrothorn for doubles -.- My GOD the annoyance.