PDA

View Full Version : Kim Jong-Il is dead

Telume
18th December 2011, 09:37 PM
what (http://www.smh.com.au/world/kim-jong-il-dead-20111219-1p1sk.html)

Blademaster
18th December 2011, 09:46 PM
I came back here at night JUST to post this, and you had to beat me to it.

Thanks dick.

Telume
18th December 2011, 09:48 PM
I came back here at night JUST to post this, and you had to beat me to it.

Thanks dick.

No problem! :D

But seriously, thoughts?

RedStarWarrior
18th December 2011, 10:53 PM
North Korean legend has it that Kim was born on Mount Paekdu, one of Korea's most cherished sites, in 1942, a birth heralded in the heavens by a pair of rainbows and a brilliant new star.

CBS (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57344887/north-korean-leader-kim-jong-il-has-died/) cracks me up.

Good riddens! He was worse than his father. Luckily, his successor hasn't had much grooming. So long as a power struggle doesn't erupt, we might have a more progressive North Korea in the near future.

Dark Sage
20th December 2011, 06:15 AM
I have a few things to say on the subject. Some things just defy the imagination.

President Obama isn’t the most popular President. His approval rating hovers at around 40%. Why? Because we’re in a recession, and our unemployment rate is at around 9%.

But… Mr. Obama practically walks on water compared to the recently deceased Kim Jong II of North Korea. Forget a recession. He did nothing while his country was in a full-scale depression for his entire reign. To give an idea of how poverty-stricken his people are, one merely has to look at a satellite image of that area at night. You can see the lights from the cities of South Korea and China, but nary a flicker from North Korea.

Did he care? This man owned over twenty-four thousand DVDs in a country where the average person didn’t know what they were. He imported lobster and cognac for himself while his people starved.

But… Everyone in his country loved him for some reason. You wouldn’t catch his approval ratings so low. And in the past few days, mourners have been out in droves. What he ever did to deserve such devotion, I’ll never know.

What it all comes down to is this: No matter how screwed up our government is, be glad that you live here. Because things could be a whole worse off if we didn’t live in a Democracy with something called the Constitution, where people like Mr. Obama work hard to protect us from ending up the way it is in North Korea. Frankly, if I had to venture a guess as to Kim Jong II’s fate, I’d say the Devil is sticking him in the butt with a pitchfork right now.

Magmar
20th December 2011, 11:21 AM
Ding dong, the witch is dead

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th December 2011, 12:03 PM
The Foreign Minister Of Finland, Erkki Tuomioja: "I'm sure hardly anybody left to miss this guy".

If this sounds rude, remember that I'm still a bad translator.

Gavin Luper
20th December 2011, 03:39 PM
But… Everyone in his country loved him for some reason. You wouldn’t catch his approval ratings so low. And in the past few days, mourners have been out in droves. What he ever did to deserve such devotion, I’ll never know.

Propaganda.

Lady Vulpix
20th December 2011, 04:21 PM
Propaganda.
And censorship.

Heald
20th December 2011, 06:00 PM
And the fact that if you aren't in a constant state of euphoria over your beloved leader you get violently beaten. Then shot. Then beaten again.

Magmar
20th December 2011, 07:32 PM
It's all the children and young adults in North Korea have ever known. =/ They learned this behavior from their parents (out of necessity to survive), from schools, tv, movies, music, all sorts of propaganda... You couldn't even walk to the grocery store without seeing tons of posters of Kim Jong-Il. It seemed like everyone else loved Der Fuhrer, so they loved him, too.
And so the cycle continues.

Blademaster
22nd December 2011, 06:06 PM
God rest his Seoul.

Zak
23rd December 2011, 01:53 PM
God rest his Seoul.

Try again. Seoul is South Korea... like, the complete antithesis. Blasphemy I say. You could have at least said "he was il".

Jeff
23rd December 2011, 02:19 PM
Try again. Seoul is South Korea... like, the complete antithesis. Blasphemy I say. You could have at least said "he was il".

Well there goes my joke: I didn't even know he was il.