PDA

View Full Version : 2011=>2012

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th December 2011, 10:07 AM
Alright people and Pokemon of the world, the New Year's right around the corner. In addition to the Western New Year taking place on the 1st of January, Chinese New Year of the Dragon will start on the 23rd of January. A lot has happened and probably will happen, but if you are still reading this you can answer to this poll thingy. Or you can just disdain the poll questions and freely discuss the year passed and also the upcoming year.

1. What has 2011 been like? What do you think were the most astounding, awesome, tragic or otherwise notable events? You may want to say this in three levels: World, You and TPM.

2. What are you looking forward in 2012, or are you afraid of something? Is there some resolutions where you want to do better? What about global events? Again, you may want to say this in three levels: World, You and TPM.

To say it more briefly:
1. What has 2011 been like?
a) World
b) You
c) TPM

2. What will make 2012 special?
a) World
b) You
c) TPM

I'll start.

a) Two most tragic events that come to my mind have been the Japan tsunami and the Norway attacks. And then there was the Arabian uprising which did cost many lives in Libya and other countries. One of the more positive things, Finland won the Ice Hockey World Championship for the 2nd time!

b) I won and lost some friendships in the end of the year, but I must figure the situtation out myself. I bought Pokemon White, which I haven't played a lot, and also a 3DS (on the European release date) and a PSP!

c) I don't know how much we can reveal about Mt. Moon events here, but I'd like to say three awesome words about that: POST COUNT CAPSULE. Also, some people were modded and super modded. Gary Oak appeared a few times! What cames to my own actions, I liked my birthday when the whole topic turned Finnish and my 10 year anniversary when TPM turned Mikachu!

a) The natural disasters keep occuring partly because of the greenhouse phenomenon, and we'll see many things in the news. USA presidential election, Russia presidential election, Finland presidential election.

b) I'll pay more attention on what I say and where and to whom, I have been acting like a moron at times. I'm very anxious about my library job which will begin soon.

c) I'll start writing a new Fanfic which I won't reveal anything at this point and keep making monthly signatures. I hope we'll get more members, ones that actually stay and also I wouldn't mind if many lost members came back.

Magmar
30th December 2011, 11:09 AM
2011.... can be described by this song:
4hHbVvTuuV4

Now to answer your questions.

a) World
2011 has been a year of revolution and, well, noisiness. It hasn't been quiet anywhere. New countries like South Sudan were born. Lots of natural disasters; in fact there have been three times as many $1 billion+ natural disasters as on average, accounting for inflation. What a year!

b) You
2011 has been a year of change and expressing myself in a new way. I graduated college! And I just wrapped up my first semester of grad school, pulling off a 3.67 GPA for the semester. I have a new boyfriend who is everything I have ever been looking for in a man. I turned 25 in July. I left my full-time job. I learned how it feels to be turned down for the first time, after applying for 15+ graduate assistant positions and not getting any (my school hands those out like hot cakes to kids who went there for undergrad as well, it's a huge legacy thing). I Occupied, marched, and donated time and prepared food to help a good cause. I bought my first pair of 29" waist jeans and they fit perfectly. I began bodybuilding. I moved into a real house, not an apartment! :) I made new friends and cut worn ties. I had poison ivy really bad, and now have dozens of scars on my body that look kind of badass and are just begging to be tattooed over. I began volunteering for a community action program seeking affordable and accessible public transit for all Rhode Islanders. I'm the first candidate for departmental honors in management in over 5 years at my school (apparently MBAs don't often seek honors). One week, I lost my grandfather on a Sunday, fireworks crashed into my apartment on the Monday, and my birthday was Tuesday. I went to Philadelphia for the first time and had my first real Philly cheesesteak, which isn't much different from the steak and cheese saaaaangwich I can get at Tony's up the road. I made peace with the fact that my nuclear family has cut me off permanently when they sent me all my Christmas ornaments from childhood in a box as my Christmas present. The most important thing I learned in 2011 is how to speak out when something is wrong... and do it properly and constructively.

c) TPM
Mt. Moon! Everyone winning Unowns :) lots of Heracross bashing, Houndoom Lover fell off the face of the earth, and firepokemon has not shown up to ramble satirically despite having the perfect opportunity with the Michael/Max/Julie/Ruckus?/Cycling Road getting hit by a semi-truck saga. (Bring back firepokemon! Your cynicism is just what I need in my day. hahahaha)

a) World
That it just can't get any worse than 2011....

b) You
Well, getting my thesis topic accepted first and foremost, and finding myself, by the end of the year, nine credits away from a master's degree! This year, I'm getting my first big boy job. None of that retail bullshit. It's time to do work!

I will also become king of the world >=)

c) TPM
The proper 12th anniversary of TPM (my bad last year).... OH AND MEETING SOME OF YOU! That's in like a week!!

Becky
30th December 2011, 10:39 PM
I love this topic idea! I'll post my answers below, and in another post, answer some things I found that were neat from you guys.

2011:

World: Hmm, not sure what to say, because this year had too many tragedies and disasters.

You: I defended and passed my dissertation prospectus defense. I have a new solo authored publication that was accepted. I won two big awards in the School of Communication; one was the Alan H. Monroe award for research productivity; the next and most proud one is the Bruce Kendall Award for Excellence in Teaching. Those were big accomplishments that are the highlights as I finish my dissertation.

TPM: I joined TPM this year! I love it here so much. I'm constantly amazed at the quality of members here, stories about your life, dreams, ambitions, it's such a wonderful place. I call TPM a home for myself and am super delighted to be here. You are all stuck with me now!

World:Will there be an ipad3?

You: I'm getting married to mr_pikachu!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet more TPM friends there and at the rehearsal dinner. I promise a wonderful time filled with love and joy.

TPM: I want to participate more, build up the fan art community. I'll be starting some new threads where people share a sketch and someone does a paint over to it. I'll post works I progress and try to create communal activities there. Of course, I'll be here and in Fanfiction!

Long live TPM!

Shadow Wolf
31st December 2011, 07:20 AM
All Hail King Magmar!!!

Anyways, let's see....

a) World

Well, Apart from the earthquakes in different parts of the world and memorable deaths of celebrities (like Steve Jobs, Amy Winehouse, Ryan Dunn and "Osaba Bin Laden") which even caused some interesting topics here in TPM... There are a few events in 2011 which surprised people. Though I'm not much of a news guy, so I don't remember most of them, I do know that recently, Wall Street fell a bit again... that there were some riots in London, and that here in Puerto Rico, the record of deaths (by kills) went over 1000 (breaking the previous record of 994 in the year 1994, I believe we're over 1,130 already).

But seeing all these bad news made me look for at least one article that could bring hope to the people. here it is. (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20091135-10391704.html)

b) You

If I enter into details, I would probably cry, but I can say that most (if not all) of this year has been a disaster for me.

c) TPM

On TPM however, it's a different story. Made new friends, joined a new place, and even though I'm not online as often as before, I have a bit more confidence in posting on other topics. Plus TPM has gone through many interesting things this year. ;)

a) World

The world will end. XDDDDDD

Sorry, but I could not resist it. But speaking seriously, I think this year will be a bit different because of that. I'm pretty sure that some people believe in that day, mainly due to many "predictions" about that day. And what happens when you have just a few days left to live? You do different things.

Apart from doomsday, I expect politics to have a noticeable activity boost. I also believe that natural disasters will happen (it happens every year, however, if it will be more or less, no one can tell), but I seriously hope for good things to happen this year, just out of faith.

b) You

I won't enter into details either because I want this year to let my actions speak louder than my words. Of course, something that will indeed happen is that I will finish my Computer "Handyman" course (I call it like that because it is somewhat of a large name for a course where you learn juts a bit of this and a bit of that about computers) exactly in January 26. So a chance for a full time job and future plans are ahead for me this year. And who knows, maybe my unlucky streak will end XD

c) TPM

Ah yes, TBH, I expect Roy Karrde and Dark Sage's activity to increase XD (sorry guys, that was the first thing that came to mind). There are a few topics that will be created (I'm sure of the title of them and everything XD). But overall, I think that the activity will be pretty good. I have expectations for RPG, but it depends.

And I think that's all in my midget's mind. Now time to get me some breakfast :)