PDA

View Full Version : breeding question

angelspet
2nd May 2003, 08:50 PM
ive been trying to breed my female sceptile with all my male pokemon ,rhyhorn,camerupt,dusclops,tropius,sharpedo,vilepl ume,bellosom, psyduck,relincanth,pinsir,swalot,etc and i still cant get it to breed can somone help explain

Kohdok
2nd May 2003, 08:57 PM
That's because Sceptile is only compatile from pokemon in the Dragon (Salamence, Kingdra, Gyrados, Etc.) and the Monster (Exploud, Aggron, etc.) egg groups. Otherwise, it won't breed. A traded pokemon is also more likely to breed. If you need help on finding a compatible pokemon, ask me if the pokemon you're going to try is compatible, and I'll tell you.

You're going the right direction with Rhyhorn, but it seems that pokemon of different species that aren't traded have a VERY small chance of breeding. Maybe you should try evolving it into Rhydon...(Level 42)

Phantom of Innocence-BF
2nd May 2003, 08:58 PM
If my info is correct, Sceptile (Treeko) can breed with any of the following: Rhyhorn, Mudkip, Tropius, Whismur, Aron, Horsea, Magikarp, Feebas, Swablu, Seviper, Bagon.

What does the old man say when u try to breed Sceptile and ___? If he says they don't seem to get along with each (or was it they don't seem to like each other?), ur PKMN can still breed -- it'll just take a bit longer.

angelspet
2nd May 2003, 09:01 PM
oh sorry bout that he was saying they dont get along i thought that like g/s/c it meant they coulndnt breed period

ralts_mudkip
2nd May 2003, 09:01 PM
well all of those pokemon except rhydon can't breed with sceptile, pereod. :P if you are geting the mesege: "they prefer to play with other pokemon" with sceptile+rhyhorn that's because of noncompatible IVs.

Edit: looks like alot of people beat me to it. ;o