PDA

View Full Version : Oi you Yanks tell me the good new TV series

firepokemon
23rd January 2012, 09:04 PM
Yanks, Americans. Tea Party loonies. American Appreciation Society people (aka illegal downloaders from other countries).

Give me the goss on the new TV Series.

In particular:

* Once Upon A Time
* Revenge
* Homeland
* The Secret Circle
* Pan Am
* Terra Nova
* new HBO, Starz other cable/paid cable tv series
* The cancellation of The Playboy Club :(
Any other TV series?

I've already started watching Hell on Wheels. Loving it. Persons of Interest as well, only two episodes but not grabbing me yet. Also been watching Fallen Skies. Pretty good so far. I love The Killing but can be slow at times and I feel I'll be frustrated by the ending. We haven't even had season two of The Walking Dead yet :( Boardwalk Empire may well be the best thing on TV. Game of Thrones was bloody awesome. Should I read the books? Also like Sons of Anarchy but for some reason still stuck in season one, lol.

Zak
24th January 2012, 03:26 AM
I heard that Alcatraz show was pretty decent. Haven't sat through it, but I saw some snippets here and there.

firepokemon
24th January 2012, 04:32 AM
Yes I've heard of that but its J J Abrams so it'll probably be weird and unrealistic and go nutty.

Gavin Luper
24th January 2012, 06:56 AM
Yes I've heard of that but its J J Abrams so it'll probably be weird and unrealistic and go nutty.

I loved Alias.

Saw the first ep of Homeland, it looks good! And different. And adult ie not dumbed down like half the shows out there.

Telume
24th January 2012, 08:30 PM
You mean to say you've never seen the great Dexter Morgan in action?

firepokemon
24th January 2012, 08:42 PM
Dexter? Yes I've seen the first season which I loved but as with so many TV Series just haven't gotten round to watching the rest and none of the channels here see fit to repeat them.

And I didn't care for Alias.

Roy Karrde
25th January 2012, 05:12 PM
I can vouch for Homeland, its like 24 on steroids, and with sex and nudity. However if you are off put by Muslims being portrayed as evil villains I would suggest avoiding it.

firepokemon
25th January 2012, 06:37 PM
LOL I didn't like 24. I'm not sure Homeland is my type of TV but I'll give it a shot.

What about the series Haven its on syfy channel.

Roy Karrde
25th January 2012, 09:31 PM
Just curious have you seen Breaking Bad?

firepokemon
25th January 2012, 09:37 PM
No. I've heard really good things about that. Never got publicised here very well and so far hasn't repeated.

DarkestLight
26th January 2012, 12:24 AM
Haven is not worth your time. Umm on SyFy, Being Human is pretty good if you like psuedo realism with vamps, Werewolves and ghosts...and Peter Pan just effing sucks. I hate Peter Pan, so I'm jaded.

I liked Terra Nova, but they really need to straighten out the storyline so it holds people's interest. But it was a fun one.

Pan AM-dont waste your time. Playboy Club was horrible trash :/

Roy Karrde
26th January 2012, 12:34 AM
No. I've heard really good things about that. Never got publicised here very well and so far hasn't repeated.

I would suggest finding a way to watch it, legal or illegal. It really is THAT damn good.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
26th January 2012, 01:53 AM
It is.

Other series: Community (!), Suits, HIMYM, Modern Family, Arrested Development, Flight of the conchords, Boardwalk Empire, Coupling, Inbetweeners, Peep Show, just out the top of my head.

Oh and Green Wing.

ChobiChibi
26th January 2012, 05:01 AM
The first series of Being Human was filmed in the hospital next to my old house :D That's not the only reason it's awesome, it's a really good series.

Inbetweeners is hilarious. Series is funnier than the film, imo. And omg Peep Show... I <3 David Mitchell.

Magmar
26th January 2012, 10:21 AM
Breaking Bad is on Netflix :) at least the first three seasons anyway are available for current streaming!

Apparently Strange Sex isn't on TV anymore... It's a huge blower, the program is pretty entertaining.

ChobiChibi
26th January 2012, 01:19 PM
Oh, I just realised, they did a US remake of Being Human :/ Find the British one!!

firepokemon
26th January 2012, 02:38 PM
We don't have netflix here. And I have so many TV series I need to download. It's so bad I;m only halfway thru Roswell.

Magmar
27th January 2012, 09:08 AM
Are you able to sign up for an account just for instant streaming? There's so much good stuff on there! I could link you to my account perhaps. Also try Hulu Plus for a month or so if you have a college email, you'll get a free month and can just enjoy some more recent programming.

Oh and congrats on 5,000 posts firepokemon!

firepokemon
27th January 2012, 02:23 PM
ewww 5, 000 posts. I hit that all the way back in 2000. I have no problem with accessin g these programs. I just love my TV too much to betray it.

Katie
4th February 2012, 11:49 PM
Archer.

firepokemon
4th February 2012, 11:54 PM
ewww 5, 000 posts. I hit that all the way back in 2000. I have no problem with accessin g these programs. I just love my TV too much to betray it.

ewww no I didn't. I may have had 5000 over several accounts but on any single account lol. The ability to tell white lies is quite surprising.

Heald
5th February 2012, 01:11 PM
Archer.
I second this.

Also the new series of Spartacus: Vengeance has started. It's awesome.

Also, watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Best show evar.

firepokemon
5th February 2012, 01:54 PM
^ Yep Spartacus starts here on the 12th as does Revenge which looks really good.