PDA

View Full Version : Editting help needed

Mystic_clown
24th January 2012, 04:13 PM
To anyone savvy in video editting, I'm in need of some help.

If you can remember a while back, me and my fiancee Brandy were working on a project to make an engagement music video. Now, I've gotten some footage on my end, but the main problem is that the footage is in VOB format, which we cannot edit. I had sent the file over before (which took ages since it was 401mb) and found it only played the first clip.

Now, we both agreed we need to convert this into something like an avi file so 1). we can see all the footage and 2). so we can edit it. Now the problem is finding a program to do that.

This is where you guys come in. I need to find a program to at least let me convert a VOB file in an AVI file. Does anyone know where I can find one? And no, I will not accept the answer "There are plenty out there." I need specifics people.

Knight of Time
24th January 2012, 04:19 PM
You could try WinX Video Converter by Digiarty...I generally use it for video conversions these days...good luck.

Cferra
24th January 2012, 05:18 PM
When I need to convert something, I usually use either the Youtube downloader or PocketDivX. That should be able to do it. However, in talking to my friends who do vids too, they said to check out this conversion program:

http://www.convertvobtoavi.com/

Lady Vulpix
24th January 2012, 05:51 PM
I normally use LinCoder for converting videos.