PDA

View Full Version : GTS... guide for a newbie?

Chris 2.1
25th January 2012, 01:02 PM
Okay so, I want to do all the internet stuff like catch Pokemon in the dream world, I've signed up on Nintendo's website, but when I try and get to the dream world on my DS it says there's a problem with my connection?

I thought having a wireless router in my house would be enough, but am I missing something?

DarkestLight
25th January 2012, 07:25 PM
o.O Ok.
Step 1: What DS do you have? I ask because you have to make sure your routers Internet Settings are inputted in the DS :O.

If you answered Yes to Step 1
Step 2: Have you placed a Pokemon to sleep in Striaton City? In the Doc's house? Gotta do that and do the whole sleepytime business before you can log onto GTS and really take advantage.

I'll stop there and let you reply.

Chris 2.1
26th January 2012, 02:17 PM
When I try and set up my wireless router into the DS setting it keeps saying there's an error. That's as far as I can get :-( My DS is a kinda old one, I got it off amazon...

Telume
26th January 2012, 02:40 PM
What's the error code that it gives you? (If any)

Chris 2.1
26th January 2012, 03:24 PM
It says 'the access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS'

Jeff
26th January 2012, 03:40 PM
OK, sounds like your router is using WPA and you have a pre-DSi DS right?

If that's the case, the only option is to change your security settings or get a DSi or 3DS. The original DS models don't support WPA.

Chris 2.1
26th January 2012, 03:46 PM
Ah, okay. DAMN. Well thanks for the help everyone. No Conkledurr for me :-/

Knight of Time
26th January 2012, 04:06 PM
If you have a DS Lite, you can still get to the Dream World.

Blademaster
26th January 2012, 04:45 PM
Just change your computer's security from WEP to WPA (or was it vice-versa) and then input the passcode in your DS, like I did.

Telume
26th January 2012, 04:53 PM
Just change your computer's security from WEP to WPA (or was it vice-versa) and then input the passcode in your DS, like I did.

Not the computer, Blademaster... the router and it is vice versa.

You have to change the router's settings first BEFORE you change your computer.

If it makes it any easier, you can find out your router's brand and model number and I can find something that'll help you along with changing the settings.