PDA

View Full Version : Call for Artists - ASB Banner

Greyfox
27th January 2012, 12:40 PM
Hello, FanArt forum. I'm here because the ASB forum is in great need for a banner. The standard TPM banner's just too boring for our tastes, so we're asking for a new one -- something battle-related, methinks.

Cynder
27th January 2012, 03:34 PM
Hmm, might give this a go. However, I gotta say I'm kind of notorious for saying I'll do something but not going through with it - so do you have anything in mind for it? If you're curious as to what I can do, here's (http://cyndersalmondeyes.deviantart.com/) my DA.

Greyfox
27th January 2012, 03:40 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure. Two people battling is the obvious thing, but I'm not too sure about the pokemon in question.

Cynder
27th January 2012, 03:49 PM
Ah, alright - I'll see what I can do :3

Oslo
27th January 2012, 05:30 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure. Two people battling is the obvious thing, but I'm not too sure about the pokemon in question.

Both need to be Snorlaxes. Clearly.

DarkestLight
27th January 2012, 06:57 PM
Fat on fat XD

Cynder
28th January 2012, 03:39 PM
Lol, sumo wrestling! xD

Charles Legend
28th January 2012, 06:07 PM
Actually the Pokémon that would make the most sense are Zekrom who symbolizes Ideals, Reshiram who symbolizes the truth
and Kyurem, who symbolizes balance between the two according to some Unova myths.

~Charles Legend

Greyfox
28th January 2012, 07:20 PM
We should focus away from using legendary pokemon in the banner -- they've only been obtained by a very select few trainers, and therefore do not need any focus in it.

Charles Legend
29th January 2012, 05:21 PM
It was only a suggestion Grey seeing as 2012 is the year of the dragon... Anyways how about this a Rhyperior vs a Metagross....

~Charles Legend

Blademaster
29th January 2012, 05:46 PM
According to the random number generator, the combatants are to be a Dodrio VS. an Empoleon.

ChobiChibi
29th January 2012, 05:54 PM
Just on a practical level for Gabi, whoever ends up making this, save it as a PNG. She had to write some code when she put Queen Clefairy in Mt Moon, and it's written for PNG images.

Or something. Either way, afterwards she said "banners in PNG plz".

Queen Clefairy's appointed illustrator, over and out *salutes*

Oslo
29th January 2012, 10:26 PM
According to the random number generator, the combatants are to be a Dodrio VS. an Empoleon.

I don't know why, but I kind of like them as a random pairing...

Greyfox
30th January 2012, 02:58 AM
Let's try to stray from random pairings. After all, I don't even think any of our battlers even use Dodrio, after all. And who else aside from me even has Empoleon?

Oslo
30th January 2012, 12:32 PM
What Pogeys are commonly used, then? Electivire, Lucario, Hydreigon, Blastoise, Starmie, Spiritomb...?

Greyfox
30th January 2012, 12:39 PM
I'm thinking maybe we should run a poll for ASB. Everyone gets to nominate what pokemon they want to have included, and then we'll vote on it afterwhich. The two with the most votes gets to be immortalized on our banner.

Darth CookieMonster
18th February 2012, 09:51 PM
I have an Empoleon grey

Greyfox
19th February 2012, 12:15 PM
Alright, so the ASB populace has decided it to be Rawk Hawk (Blaziken) versus Ziva (Lucario). Let's see what we can come up with for that, aye?

Keep in mind our forum color (purple) as well -- I'd like to have this banner blend in well with that too. Whoever presents me the best one will get a hefty prize of points from me. Savvy?

Asilynne
19th February 2012, 01:30 PM
I....actually have an idea for this? o.o I'll get working on it this monday :3

Blademaster
19th February 2012, 08:51 PM
ASB is purple? I have everything set to red. Huh, who knew?

That might make this a bit easier since Blaziken is primarily red and Lucario is largely blue...

DarkestLight
20th February 2012, 11:09 AM
Whoa Blade, how is your browser converting it to red? My program doesn't work with Firefox anymore >>

Blademaster
20th February 2012, 03:39 PM
Went on the main page, scrolled to the bottom, clicked the thingy in the lower left corner, and chose 'Pokemasters Red.'

Works everywhere except Mt. Moon and I think the Pokemon B/W section.

RaZoR LeAf
23rd February 2012, 02:57 PM
What size is the banner limited to?

DarkestLight
23rd February 2012, 06:40 PM
Oh that. Meh.