PDA

View Full Version : The Face of ASB - Who Should Represent Us?

Greyfox
30th January 2012, 02:56 PM
For those of you who haven't seen my thread in Fanart, I'm asking for you, our loyal trainers, to decide what two pokemon to be featured on our new ASB banner that'll appear on the top left-hand portion of the screen (the one that says "PokeMasters Forums" is just too boring, in my opinion).

Since no one can decide what two pokemon to appear in battle, I'm asking you all to please nominate one for us to vote upon. This pokemon can be anything (aside from legends, since we're trying to make this a representation of our community, and legends are scarce) -- including your own pokemon.

If you're going to nominate someone's pokemon, please remember to note any special characteristics this pokemon may have (such as its gender, coloring, and whatnot).

This thread will remain open for nominations until February 6th, 2012, giving everyone a chance to throw a pokemon into the hat. The voting will then commence once this thread is closed, and the top two pokemon will get to be illustrated for our banner. Sound good? Good!

For my nomination, I'm gonna go with my umbreon, Fenrisulfr, or Fenrir for short. Fenrir's shiny, so that should be mentioned as well.

Nominations
Fenrisulfr - Greyfox
(M Umbreon - *Shiny)
Goku - chaos_redefined
(M Ambipom)
Muddy - DarkestLight
(M Dunsparce)
Rawk Hawk - Blademaster
(M Blaziken)
Snore Warrior - Oslo
(M Snorlax)
Wobbuffett - Rossymore
(M)
Ziva - Wolfsong
(M Lucario)

-Charizard-
-Gallade-

Ayeun
30th January 2012, 04:51 PM
My pink Celebi!

But since you said no legends - Blademasters Blaziken

DarkestLight
31st January 2012, 12:12 AM
>.> My Dunsparce. Muddy all day :D

chaos_redefined
31st January 2012, 04:11 AM
Goku, the male Ambipom :D

Ash0011
31st January 2012, 06:57 AM
I'd like a Lucario or a gallade

Mikachu Yukitatsu
31st January 2012, 08:33 AM
Hey, is one person allowed to suggest both of those two Pokemon? If yes then female Gothorita VS male Psyduck. If not, just female Gothorita.

I'm for Black & White also because Pokedex 3D on Nintendo 3DS is such a handy drawing aid if you want to see what a Pokemon looks like no matter what the direction is.

Oslo
31st January 2012, 09:24 AM
Snore Warrior, my Snorlax. Because that would be hilarious and wonderful for any banner.

Rossymore
31st January 2012, 10:56 AM
WOBBUFFET!

Wait you said no legendaries, so probably my shiny Espeon.
Though you could always allow one exception.

RaZoR LeAf
31st January 2012, 12:36 PM
I play devil's advocate and vote for Rawk Hawk also.

Also you've linked to your Safari Zone thread.

Cynder
31st January 2012, 03:25 PM
I think we should go with something that a lot of people have - I've noticed a lot of people have Hydreigons, Lucarios, and Zoroarks? Or we could be traditional and go for one of the starters, Charizard perhaps? I should really check for some specific pokemon. x3

Wolfsong
31st January 2012, 03:47 PM
How about Ziva my Lucario?

Ash0011
31st January 2012, 04:10 PM
I second the lucario

Oslo
31st January 2012, 04:41 PM
I'd be for a Lucario vs. a Blaziken. There's similarity yet contrast there and it plays into colour symbolism that has been central to the franchise since the first generation.

Blademaster
31st January 2012, 05:10 PM
Orange-Blue Contrast... Subtle. I like it.

Ayeun
31st January 2012, 06:36 PM
Im seeing a lot of Lucario vs Blaziken... Which reminds me of every time I see Blade smackdown Charles...

DarkestLight
31st January 2012, 07:07 PM
>.> :;Owns not one of those three Pokemon. Yes, has a Deino, has not evolved it yet, so no, no Hydreigon:: Man, I got work to do..

Darth CookieMonster
1st February 2012, 04:16 PM
Rawk Hawk (Blades fire turkey)
And a Lucario

Ash0011
1st February 2012, 04:42 PM
http://kyoko137.deviantart.com/art/Blaziken-Vs-Lucario-273117194
artwork of lucario v blaziken

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd February 2012, 09:00 AM
OMG it's already done. Just ignore me, but I personally think we should have something other artists haven't tried. Unless that picture is drawn by a TPMer.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd February 2012, 12:32 PM
I say Loki Black, my blue and green Sneasel, cuz it's miiiiiiiine:D

No, cuz then it combines Red, Yellow, Blue and Green; and has a little david-goliath thingy, showing us that in ASB stats, evolution, strengths dun matter as long as you use your brain! This is the place where pokemon like Delibird, Dunsparce, Farfetch'd and Mawile can shine ^^

And to a lesser extent it shows that ASB can be cold, dark and empty in times of slow activity, but that it can also be hot and bursting with power in good times!

Blademaster
3rd February 2012, 01:52 PM
^I like it.

Oslo
7th February 2012, 05:41 PM
I guess the only problem with that idea is I'm not sure how well a uniquely coloured Pokemon owned by one person and one person alone reflects the community at large? Not to mention I think you're the only one who even uses Sneasel, specially coloured or not. And, while red/blue is simple and recognizable colour imagery, I'm pretty sure the red/yellow/blue/green/whatever stuff would be lost on just about everyone.

Ayeun
7th February 2012, 06:14 PM
I guess the only problem with that idea is I'm not sure how well a uniquely coloured Pokemon owned by one person and one person alone reflects the community at large? Not to mention I think you're the only one who even uses Sneasel, specially coloured or not. And, while red/blue is simple and recognizable colour imagery, I'm pretty sure the red/yellow/blue/green/whatever stuff would be lost on just about everyone.

See now, Oslo gets it. This is about the Community, not the individual.

Something that a lot of us own... Thats what we need!

DarkestLight
7th February 2012, 06:38 PM
o.o!

>.> ::Quick search...::

Eevee. No. I dun wanna be represented by no stinkin' Eevee

Oslo
7th February 2012, 06:44 PM
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/images/characters/232.png

Monster. :(

DarkestLight
7th February 2012, 06:47 PM
Ha. Even that site hates eevee XD. Won't even show the image

chaos_redefined
7th February 2012, 07:22 PM
What about some eevee-evolutions? Flareon vs Jolteon or something like that.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
8th February 2012, 06:21 AM
Andrew would turn around in his grave:D

Also, I don't think ANY pokemon really reflects the community at a whole, or that we should pick a pokemon that many of us have. It should be symbolic.

But I can totally get it if you don't my uber-awesome-Sneasel ^^