PDA

View Full Version : Wally

Polkamon
2nd May 2003, 10:43 PM
Did anyone else get caught offguard by this kid?

I was pretty surprised to see his team wipe the floor with mine...(tho thats not much off an accomplishment because i treat my pokes like crap).

do you ever fight him again after you become champion?
and where does steven go?

Tropius
2nd May 2003, 10:53 PM
Ya, you can fight Wally in Victory Road, at almost the same place you fought him before. Steven goes on some journey thing...I dunno...I'm tired.

Misty's Tears
2nd May 2003, 11:01 PM
yeah he can catch you off guard, his team's not really that good, except when you play him on victory road hes a little more decent then the other trainers in the game. And yeah, he battles you after you become champion; go to him on victory road, he'll play you a ton of times over and over, you just have to wait a little bit between each battle. Its a good way to get some extra experience i guess.

stephen goes off on a journey or something after you beat him, leaving you a note at his house telling you about it and how he wants you to have his favorite pokemon: Beldum.

Dark Sage
3rd May 2003, 03:33 AM
Before getting to the end of Victory Road, heal your team, feed them leppa's to restore their PP, and have a pokemon with an Ice attack at front - he'll start with Alteria. He also uses a Roselia, Delcatty, Magneton, and, of course, Gardevoir. Fire, Fighting and Dark attacks are best.

Soon after beating him, he will be added to your Trainer's Eyes. Speaking of which, after beating the Elite Four, I spoke to May at her house - she said if she met me again, she'd gladly "Treat me to a battle."

- Venusaur

Team Rocket's Lugia
3rd May 2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Venusaur
Before getting to the end of Victory Road, heal your team, feed them leppa's to restore their PP, and have a pokemon with an Ice attack at front - he'll start with Alteria. He also uses a Roselia, Delcatty, Magneton, and, of course, Gardevoir. Fire, Fighting and Dark attacks are best.

Soon after beating him, he will be added to your Trainer's Eyes. Speaking of which, after beating the Elite Four, I spoke to May at her house - she said if she met me again, she'd gladly "Treat me to a battle."

- Venusaur

Maybe she does battle you and will be recorded as the 70th trainer!

Dark Sage
3rd May 2003, 02:08 PM
Maaaayyyyybbeeee!!!!!

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs205.png

- Venusaur

Cheesey
3rd May 2003, 02:13 PM
May-be

Har har I crack me up :rolleyes:

SilverPersian
3rd May 2003, 08:25 PM
Has anyone caught/sharked 202 pokemon and then gone and talked to May? :[

Rayquaza Master
3rd May 2003, 10:26 PM
:D Not yet...but ill let you know as soon as my friend lets me restart his game so i cant get torchic and mudkip (the only ones i need WITH NO SHARKING):D .....ok..i guess there are ppls out there that have got all of them w/ out sharking...but i just wanna sound cool.:P

Dark Sage
4th May 2003, 09:03 AM
You know it is ironic - in the game, May isn't a half-bad trainer...

But on the anime, she's one of the most incompetant heroes I have ever seen. She and Ash remind me of Abbot and Costello.

Still, give her time (on the show, that is).

pimuni
4th May 2003, 10:00 AM
well, I sharked the complete 386 pokedex on my rom. in my rom I started with the girl (although Im a boy) just to see how different it was with the girl version. so I went to speak with Brendan. he said something about going to catch more pokes and if I ever find him, he would battle me. so the pokedex does not affect this at all. maybe it is a random event to find Brendan catching pokes on a grassy or cave area... but i dont think he is the 70th trainer, since people have hacked open the game and found nothing. so its still a mystery.

ralts_mudkip
4th May 2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Venusaur
You know it is ironic - in the game, May isn't a half-bad trainer...

But on the anime, she's one of the most incompetant heroes I have ever seen. She and Ash remind me of Abbot and Costello.

Still, give her time (on the show, that is). yes... lots and Lots of time. :rolleyes:
Torchic! use mushroom attack! ROTFLMAO :D :D :D

Crazy
4th May 2003, 03:13 PM
I mean before the kid had a lvl:16 Ralts,and all of a sudden he is in the 40's or more.

Lance Master
4th May 2003, 04:36 PM
Wally's not that strong. If you have a strong team you'll easily defeat him. And about Steven, if you didn't know hes the Pokemon Master.

Green_Pikachu
4th May 2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Lance Master
Wally's not that strong. If you have a strong team you'll easily defeat him. And about Steven, if you didn't know hes the Pokemon Master.

NO WAY! I had no idea that Steven is the Pokemon Master! What pogeymans does he use? Is he strong? My friend said the champion uses a level 100 peekchoo. does steven have a peekachoo?

quilava flame
4th May 2003, 08:43 PM
I don't know what that is and I doubt he uses it. It's not the pokemaster your thinking of. He's the Gary and Lance of Ru/Sa.

Crazy
4th May 2003, 08:45 PM
THere is no lvl 100 pokemon,he uses 40's and a little higher.I've gotten to Steven and beat him before.

ralts_mudkip
4th May 2003, 08:56 PM
he uses LVL 55-58 pokes.
(seams a littile off topic ;o )

Lance Master
4th May 2003, 09:23 PM
Your kidding right? Steven isn't that strong. His pokemon are around 50-60.His favorite Pokemon is Beldum (psychic/Steel) So you can count on fighting Beldum's third form. Just be sure to visit his house after you beat him because a pokeball will be on his table containing Beldum. And it's all yours.;)

Dark Sage
5th May 2003, 02:59 AM
First of all, Wally's pokemon are:

Altaria, lv 44 (he starts with this)

Delcatty, lv 43

Magneton, lv 41

Roselia, lv 44

Gardevoir, lv 45 (the Ralts you helped him catch!)

Like all Trainers Eyes trainers, his pokemon will gain levels as you defeat him again and again; I'm not sure if he'll ever add a sixth pokemon.

Steven's pokemon are:

Skarmory, lv 57

Aggron, lv 56

Cradily, lv 56

Claydol, lv 55

Metagross lv 58

Armaldo lv 56

It looks hard, but it is easy if you know what to do. You must take out the Skarmory immediately, or it will use Spikes, a move that will hurt your pokemon whenever you switch. A good Fire or Electric attack can do it.

After that, if you have a Machamp with Low Kick, it will make mincemeat out of the ultra-heavy Aggron, Claydol, and Metagross (have it holding a quick claw - you don't want that Metagross to use Psychic or Earthquake on it; fire is good for Metagross too). The two fossils will fall to a good Fire attack (if you have Groudon, bring him along).

- Venusaur

Razola
5th May 2003, 03:06 AM
Bah, Wally's a pushover. Fortunately he's "blessed" with the computer AI, which rivals the skills of a 3-year-old.

Darkanine
5th May 2003, 04:27 AM
I'm pretty sure Green pikachu was just being sassy.

As for wally, he sucks. Good for XP though.

Lance Master
5th May 2003, 07:19 PM
In conclusion, I think all of us agree Wlly is weak.

Musourenka
5th May 2003, 07:49 PM
Well, heck, are there really any very difficult trainers in the game? Elite Four and Steven are decent challenges (especially if you are low-level), and Winona's Altaria is a beast if you aren't prepared, but are there any more difficult ones?

And has anyone confirmed if you can fight Brendan/May again after you beat the Champion?

Green_Pikachu
5th May 2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Darkanine
I'm pretty sure Green pikachu was just being sassy.

As for wally, he sucks. Good for XP though.

i think this kid wins. ;[

its a shame, because i beat Sapphire before any of you got it. I beat the japanese rom over 6 months ago. hoo-hah.

Ultimate Pikachu
5th May 2003, 07:57 PM
Wally is very nasty. He has a male Gardevoir. He's so easy to beat. Why do most trainer's Pokemon have the same gender as the trainer?

Lance Master
5th May 2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by ThePariah
i think this kid wins. ;[

its a shame, because i beat Sapphire before any of you got it. I beat the japanese rom over 6 months ago. hoo-hah.

Congrats but thats a little off subject.