PDA

View Full Version : Video game music mash-ups...opinions?

Knight of Time
13th February 2012, 04:33 PM
Hi guys,

Now, some of you may find this topic a little unusual, but how many people here have heard of music mash-ups in the world of video games (combining two versions of the same song into one single song, called a "mash-up")?

Generally, these can be quite difficult to make right, for one thing, you need a program that can edit MP3 files, such as Audacity. It can do all sorts of things like changing the tempo, changing the pitch, changing the speed, having a fade out at the end of the song, etc.

As an example, here's a mash-up of Sonic 3's Marble Garden Zone musics, combining Act 1's music with Act 2's music.

qwYbX9oRx4I

Not all mash-ups sound that good unfortunately, but hey, you have to have keen ears to note the good ones. Anyway, what do you guys think of the mash-up above?

Drago
13th February 2012, 06:13 PM
Wow, I really was not expecting that to work. When combined, it really really sounds like music from Toejam & Earl.

I've seen mashups before, but not ones I've liked with two video games. Here's one that combines Tidal Tempest from Sonic CD with the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

X0WAn8qEkOU

Link
15th February 2012, 07:12 AM
The only video game mash up that I truly love is the one where you have Will Smith from Fresh Prince's face on the head of the Kraken boss from Earthbound. It's on youtube. I'll try to find it if it's still there.

Here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEiu9H5to5Y&feature=fvst

How do you post an image of a youtube video?

Knight of Time
15th February 2012, 08:12 AM
How do you post an image of a youtube video?

To embed the image of a YouTube video, you need to do this (removing the asterisks of course):

[youtube*]IEiu9H5to5Y[/youtube*]

Link
15th February 2012, 08:25 AM
To embed the image of a YouTube video, you need to do this (removing the asterisks of course):

[youtube*]IEiu9H5to5Y[/youtube*]

Thanks!

Blademaster
15th February 2012, 02:23 PM
It still looks blank to me...

Link
15th February 2012, 03:16 PM
It still looks blank to me...

It is. I entered the format exactly as i was told. I don't know why it isn't working.

Knight of Time
15th February 2012, 03:17 PM
You need to put the ID of the video in between the tags, nothing else (e.g. IEiu9H5to5Y).