PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon And Death Note

Mikachu Yukitatsu
31st March 2012, 10:27 AM
INTRODUCTION

The biggest Christian graveyard in Kanto area and entire Japan was located in Lavender Town. Ushini's 12th birthday was this week, but his thoughts were occupied by sadness. His father, Joseph Lee, had dead a week ago of a heart attack. Joseph had been only 38 years old and in a good condition, so the death was a tragic surprise.

Joseph's family was partly of Unovan origin, so the most logical way to handle his body was a Christian burial ceremony. Ushini was standing there with his mother Masako, watching as their Machokes carried the coffin. There were also a group of Joseph's father's relatives, who came from Unova, together with their strange Pokemon. After the coffin was put in its place, Ushini's older sister Ikuko released her Geodude.

"Geodude! Drop as much mud in the grave as you can!" she ordered.

Instead of getting back home to their city, Pallet Town, Ushini, Masako and Ikuko had decided to stay in Lavender just for a couple of days. That was mainly used to recover from the sadness of the funeral day and there were still some days left to Ushini's birthday as well. So the three walked to a typical Japanese house built hear the graveyard.

In the house, there lived a good friend of Ushini's family, Name Rater.

"Hello, hello!" Name Rater, whose real name was actually unknown to everyone, greeted Masako, Ikuko and Ushini, as the three reached the front yard.

"O-jama-shimasu." said Masako and their children, according to the Japanese tradition followed when entering someone's house.

Soon were Name Rater and Lee's family in the middle of a good conversation, the host giving his best shot to make the guests forget those painful funeral feelings. Ushini told he was still going to start his Pokemon journey on Friday, as his birthday would be celebrated on Thursday. Name Rater said Lee-tachi could stay two nights in his place so that they wouldn't leave Lavender Town so soon.

"Which Pokemon will you choose from Prof. Oak, by the way?" Name Rater was curious.

"I'm sure to go for Bulbasaur." Ushini replied.

"This is not unexpected from me, but have you thought of naming your Pokemon?" Name Rater continued.

"No, I haven't." answered Ushini.

"Bulb. I think it should be just Bulb." Name Rater adviced. "You are only a beginning trainer, and after what just happened to your father, thinking too much about your Pokemon's name might result in a name that would always remind you of the sad week when you said goodbye to your father."

Ushini looked at Name Rater. He wouldn't have thought of the matter from that point of view.

"I think Bulb would be a fine name as well." Masako concurred.

"So it's decided." said Ushini. "I'll name my Bulbasaur Bulb."

Ushini-tachi had dinner cooked by Name Rater's wife, chatted some more, and went to sleep early. In the following moring, the news caught their attention.

"Yesterday night, 11 PM, Takada Nobuo, the head of Takada Zaibatsu died as he was celebrating the profits of the season that had been extremely succesful to his company." the commentator said.

"Takada Nobuo?" Name Rater wondered.

"Isn't that guy rumored to be involved with Team Rocket?" Masako asked.

"You said it!" exclaimed Name Rater. "What's even more strange, a month ago, a strange man visited me." Name Rater told. "He was carrying a laptop bag and he took that with him everywhere, and still I heard him using it behind closed doors only, in places I couldn't see it." he continued.

"Why are you telling us that now? How is that related?" Masako was confused.

"The guy kept asking me names of Team Rocket members whose Pokemon names I have rated. I do rate everyone's Pokemon names who visit me, even if they are from Team Rocket, that's none of my business." Name Rater continued. "But I'm awful at remembering people's names on the countrary to Pokemon names. That's why I call even myself just 'Name Rater'! And one last thing about that man. He turned the conversation strangely to the boss of Takada Corporation and inquired his full name as well. Now am I supposed to remember him?"

"Sounds scary indeed." Ikuko said. "You shouldn't talk things like that when Ushini's listening." she complained.

But that conversation aside, Lavender Town had a sunny day and even Ghost Type Pokemon stayed in the tower. It let Ushini's family to forget about their sadness and on Wednesday they were good to go, back to their hometown Pallet.

Masako sent out one Pidgeotto and one Fearow. Ikuko sent out Charizard. Ushini took Pidgeotto, Masako took Fearow and Ikuko Charizard and everyone flew through the cloudless sky all the way to the grassy meadows near Pallet.

Women called their Pokemon back and the family rested under a big tree. But all of a sudden, a wild Butterfree came from the woods and made everyone fall asleep with Sleep Powder. When Ushini woke up, he noticed something strange. A folk of wild Caterpie had carried him away from his family! The Pokemon of the tall grass were indeed acting strange. Ushini saw a lot of Caterpie and Weedle crawling around in panic, without a destination, and also, further away, Ushini saw the same Butterfree spreading Powder everywhere, clearly frightened by something.

Ushini decided to follow the tracks of some of the Weedle, and noticed they all were, among other Bug Pokemon tracks, coming from an empty area in the middle of the tall grass. And in the middle of that empty area, there was a strange black item Ushini picked up...

Charles Legend
1st April 2012, 02:39 AM
So this is what you were talking about, looks good so far
although I did see two things I would like to point out.

"Geodude! Drop as much mold in the grave as you can!" she ordered.

I think what you meant to have is this "Geodude! Drop as much mud in the grave as you can!" she ordered, unless you were implying it was throwing mold as in the fungi on to the grave.

the next thing I noticed is this you said "neat Pallet", I think you meant meant to say near Pallet.

but over all it's an interesting start keep up the good work.

~Charles Legend

Mikachu Yukitatsu
13th April 2012, 11:26 AM
Thanks for your comments Charles Legend!! I made the two corrections you pointed at. And then to the first chapter:

PAGE 1

Death Note - How to use it

I

+ The human whose name is written in this note shall die.

+ This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.

+ If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die for a heart attack.

+ After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

Ushini had never seen anything like this. The black item lying on the ground was a notebook and this was its first page. The front page read 'Death Note'.

"Everything is English. Piece of cake for me, my teacher has said I could pass as a university student as far as this language is concerned. Perhaps this book comes from Unova..." Ushini weighed. "No, there has to be a catch. This is worse than those chain letters. Who makes up stuff like this anyway?"

Two words struck his mind. "It says... 'heart attack' ...my father died of a heart attack. Takada Nobuo died of a heart attack. Both of them were physically in good condition. Furthermore, I remember hearing something strange in the news during the past few weeks."

Ushini took his PokeGear and switched on the online mode. He went to TV Celadon webpage and searched for stuff from two weeks ago.

"This. 'Team Rocket members died of heart attacks'. These deaths could be executed with this notebook if it was for real!" Ushini figured out. "Let's see... if they had been done with this, they should have been written on page 2..." Ushini turned the page, but it was blank. He was relieved. Of course something that bizarre couldn't be happening.

In any case, Ushini took a picture of the notebook with his PokeGear. Then he thought of something. "What if someone had just ripped the pages off to get rid of the evidence? And couldn't the pages ripped off be used to kill people as well?" But soon he wanted to be reasonable. "What am I thinking? Like this silly joke would ever work? No point of even testing... What? Testing killing people? Sonds cruel, even on Team Rocket members." Ushini found himself from a nearly psychotic state.

Eventually, Ushini came up with a solution, or at least a temporary solution. He took another picture, this time of the first page, so that the instructions in English could be seen. Then he ripped off five pages from the end of the book.

"I must be able to tell about this notebook I found. But not to just anybody. Not necessarily my mother. Not necessarily the police." Also, Ushini thought that taking ther whole notebook with him would be out of question since what would happen if someone noticed him carrying such a peculiar item. Five pieces of paper would be much less suspicious than a black book that reads 'Death Note' and one page full of English instructions. Ushini placed the rest of the note precisely on the place where he had picked it from.

Yet one question remained. Where to hide the five pages? They would be revealed if put inside the PokeBall pocket whenever opened, and Ushini was going to begin his journey on Friday, the day after tomorrow. Luckily Ushini had already lots of PokeBalls and he knew how they worked. He used to help his uncle who worked in a PokeBall factory when visiting him during summer holidays. Now that Ushini was going to become a full-time Pokemon Trainer he wouldn't have specific holidays but at least this idea would bring some use for his old hobby.

Ushini opened one PokeBall and rigged it so that everything could be put in. Normally, if you try to put for instance a rice cake, or whatever that is not a Pokemon, inside a PokeBall, it doesn't fit, but immediately breaks out and destroys the ball, pretty much alike a wild Pokemon that has 'too much HP' to be caught yet. But now he could put one page inside the PokeBall. He did the same to three other PokeBalls and put one page inside two of them, but inside the last PokeBall, Ushini put two pages. For distraction if someone was to steal them or something. Then he wrote numbers from 1 to 3 on the PokeBalls that had 1 page inside each of them, and number 4 on the last PokeBall that had two pages of Death Note inside it. Lastly, he put these four marked PokeBalls into the biggest pocket of his backbag, where he usually carried maps and other Key Items. Ushini figured he could say those were special PokeBalls used to capture very special or Legendary Pokemon if asked.

The rain had stopped already hours ago, and it was also gettingg very dark, so Ushini started walking to his sister and mother. He saw a Flash used by Ikuko's Ampharos in the distance. "Ushini, we were worried about you!" Masako yelled when they caught sight of each other.

Ushini told his family about the Bug Pokemon that had carried him all that way but didn't mention anything about Death Note. Ampharos lit their way to their hometown and all the three went asleep as soon as they got home.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
17th July 2012, 11:16 AM
PAGE 2

II

+ This note shall become the property of the human world, once it touches the ground of (arrives in) the human world.

+ The owner of the note can recognize the image and voice of the original owner, i.e. a god of death

+ The human who uses this notebook can neither go to Heaven nor to Hell.

Today was the 12th birthday of Ushini Lee. Although his father had recently died, the family figured Joseph wouldn't have wanted that to delay neither the party nor the beginning of Ushini's Pokemon journey sceduled tomorrow.

It was a quite normal birthday party. There were plenty of presents and friends and relatives all around Pallet Town were invited. Ushini and everyone ate lots of sweets, snacks and cake. They also had a Pokemon battle for entertainment.

Of course Ushini couldn't take part because he didn't have Pokemon as of yet, but his sister Ikuko summoned her trusted Charizard.

"I choose you! Hypno!" yelled Ikuko's firend Seiko.

"Interesting, Seiko..." Ikuko said. "You didn't go for any of your type advantages..." referring to Seiko's Water Pokemon.

"But Psychic always has the advantage since it's the best type!" claimed Seiko. "Hypno! Use Hypnosis to make Charizard fall asleep, then Psybeam twice!" she said.

"Let's see who's faster!" challenged Ikuko. "Your Hypnosis can't hit us! Double Team, and Sunny Day, then Flamethrower! If asleep, Sleep Talk, of course!"

Ikuko's Charizard didn't fall asleep but managed to do great damage due to Sunny Day. "Next! Wing Attack, Flamethrower, then Fire Spin!" yelled Ikuko with no mercy.

But Seiko's Hypno still stood up, executing its trainer's orders. Hypno used Shadow Ball, managed to disable Charizard's Flamethrower for some time and also made a powerfull Psychic attack. However, when Seiko was about to call another Psychic, Charizard flew up high and landed a critical hit on Seiko's Hypno, which fainted.

Also Professor Oak was visiting the party and he had a chat with a woman who lived in Pallet Town as well. "What's the next party then? Isn't it your son's tenth birthday?" Prof. Oak asked.

"Yes. I'm a bit worried about him since he's going to start his Pokemon journey so early. Perhaps he should have waited for two more years like Ushini did." Mrs. Ketchum was worried.

"No worries." said Professor Oak. "It'll be fine."

Indeed, Mrs. Ketchum was a friend of Masako, but Ash Ketchum had yet to arrive in the party, along with Prof. Oak's grandson Gary and Gary's sister. Ushini was really looking forward to it as he considered Gary's sister Daisy quite pretty. To tell you the truth, this party would perhaps be the last chance to see her. And there she finally was, at Lee's doorstep. She dropped her boots off and went straight to Ushini.

"Ushini, as your birthday present, I'd like to show you something I recently found in a field southeast from here." Daisy told.

"What? I'm in." Uhsini heard himself saying. Of course he hadn't forgotten about Death Note and the confusion among the wild Pokemon but first of all, Daisy was looking at him so beautifully, and second of all, the notebook was found in the north, while shouteast fields were totally different.

"It's a swarm of Metapod." Daisy revealed when they were heading towards the place. "I have counted they will hatch today, it will be quite a spectacle."

Then they arrived. Everything looked well, the Metapod were just about to evolve. There were dozens of them. But all of a sudden a black helicopter with a big red 'R' on it appeared. Someone shot something like a missile from the helicopter. As it hit the swarm of the evolving Pokemon, the missile 'opened' and it appeared to contain a net used to capture wild Pokemon.

The Butterfree tried to break the net, but it was all in vain. Before Ushini and Daisy could do anything, two persons, a man and a woman, dressed up in black Team Rocket uniform descended from the helicopter.

"Our mission is to protect the world." the woman began.

"And to unite all the nations." the man continued.

"To put Truth and Love out of office."

"To extend out power beyond the stars."

"Ana!"

"Raul!"

The two Team Rocket members attacked a cable to the net, run back to the helicopter and left the field.

"It's Team Rocket!" shouted Daisy. "Ushini, take my Venomoth, she's strong enough to carry you!" she commanded while setting off her Pokemon. "Follow them with her, I'll go and tell the townspeople!"

Yes, Daisy's Venomoth was strong. And oversized too. It was able to carry Ushini with ease and they arrived soon at what appeared to be a Team Rocket hideout. Ushini took his PokeGear and called Daisy.

"Ushini here. I have found a warehouse and peeking between staves I see a cage full of different Pokemon. Team Rocket grunts are about to open it in order to put the Butterfree in."

"Can you describe the surroundings?" asked Daisy.

"There's a lake near the warehouse. Or alright, hang on. I'll take a picture and send it right away." Ushini answered.

Daisy received the picture and called Ushini immediately. "Hang in there, Ushini. I'm about to call my brother Gary. He should be nearby."

"Soon Gary appeared on the other side of the lake and walked to Ushini."

"I was exploring this part of the forest in advance, I will begin my Pokemon journey as well in a few weeks." Gary clarified. "But now we must..."

Al of a sudden, Ana and Raul run out of the warehouse. They summoned two Pokemon. Ana had a Rhyhorn and Raul a Dodrio. They both mounted the Pokemon and run as fast as the Pokemon could towards the sea.

"No use to call the police." Ushini concluded. He and Gary found this very odd, but they still went and freed all the Pokemon. Gary told that his cousin went to a girl school in Celadon City and their class had had their Pokemon stolen on a field trip. These Pokemon were mostly from there.

It was also growing dark so Ushini went home next. He had a Pokemon journey to start tomorrow.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th September 2012, 08:24 AM
PAGE 3

III

+ If the time of death is written within 40 seconds after writing the cause of death as a heart attack, the time of death can be manipulated, and the time can go into effect within 40 seconds after writing the name.

+ The human who touches the Death Note can recognize the image and voice of its original owner, a god of death, even if the human is not the owner of the note.

Ushini was early awake this morning. He said goodbye to his mother and sister and run to Professor Oak's office. He picked up his Bulbasaur and left for Viridian City.

But on the way there, Ushini just had to check something. It had bothered him since the day before yesterday. Ushini opened his backpack and reached out for a PokeBall there. As soon as he touched it, he heard sinister laughter. As soon as he turned over to its direction, he was horrified. That wasn't a Pokemon, but still tried to search his PokeDex for it. No result.

"Hello there. I'm a shinigami. The name's Hush." Ushini was looking at a tall, insect-like, creature that still had some humanly characteristics as well. "I can say that you haven't used my notebook. But you can still see me, having picked up pages of it. Despite my name, I'm the talkative one. That's partly why I'm hiding in the human world right now. The shinigami king surely doesn't tolerate those who share our secrets so openly."

This was for real! Ushini hadn't used the Death Note but he could see and hear its original owner and now he was in s hurry because he knew where the notebook could be found, or at least it was there the day before yesterday. So Ushini hurried to the place with his belongings and Hush kept following him.

The Death Note was still there, lying in the ground, and Ushini put it into another rigged PokeBall. In wrong hands it could become a dangerous weapon, no, in anybody's hands it could become a dangerous weapon.

Then Ushini glanced at his watch. The time was about four o'clock. "I can't miss the news!" he thought.

He had a plan. A wild Flying Type Pokemon should be near. Ushini spotted a Pidgey.

"Go Bulb!" he commanded his Bulbasaur and had him use Tackle. Ushini threw a PokeBall and captured the Pidgey. Then he released his newly-caught Pokemon and had him fly them to the nearest Pokemon Center, which would be Viridian City Pokemon Center.

When Ushini was there, 5 o' clock news were about to start. Team Rocket heart attacks kept occuring. Ushini had already figured it out. It appeared there was another Death Note in the human world. But then, all of a sudden, the news broadcast was interrupted.

"We are interrupting the program to bring you a live, globally televised broadcast from Interpol." the television said. At the same time, a man in a stereotypical detective outfit appeared in the screen sitting behind an office table.

"I am Sid S. Tailor, more commonly known as 'S'. The only person who's able to mobilize the police in every country worldwide." the man told. "In particular, I request the cooperation of the police of Japan."

"What's this guy talking about? The police of Japan?" wondered Ushini. "What's he aiming at?"

"I'm about to show you all something in a direct confrontation soon. Team Rocket members have been killed by an individual or a group of people that at least are in Japan." the man continued. "I request headquarting the investigation in Japan. Team Rocket members and other criminals around the world have been the target of this killing spree. This monstrous crime must be stopped at all costs. 'Kira', as the preparator is commonly known, will be caught, I guarantee that."

"Kira is the name by what they call the Team Rocket killer in the Internet." thought Ushini.

"Kira. I think I've got a good idea of why you're doing this. But what you are doing is evil!" the man in TV claimed.

"This is bad!" Ushini figured it out. And in less than in a minute, the man in TV was down. Obviously a heart attack.

"I... don't believe it..." a voice in the television kept on, while the security carried Sid S. Tailor away. "This was an experiment to test the hunch I had. But I never believed you, Kira, could kill people without a direct contact. Listen, Sid S. Tailor, the man you just killed, he was a criminal sceduled to die today."

Ushini was amazed. Now there was no way Kira could kill the man currently speaking unless the name and appearance were revealed.

"But I, S, do exist." and the TV screen turned white, with a big S in foreground. "So, come on! Kill me if you can! What are you waiting for!"

"At this rate, S is going to die!" a man in Pokemon Center, also watching the broadcast, said.

"No, he isn't." Ushini knew the truth. "This is so clever."

"Go ahead and kill me! I'm still here!" S boasted. "Evidently, you aren't able to kill me. So there are people you can't kill. That's a valuable piece of information. Now I'm going to give you something in exchange."

"Nothing can surprise me with this S guy anymore, I guess." thought Ushini.

"Although it was announced that this was being televised globally, actually, it was broadcast only in the Kanto region of Japan. The plan was to broadcast live to other areas in turn, but that's no longer necessary. You are in the Kanto region of Japan, Kira!"

That wasn't everyting nor Kira nor Ushini needed to know. Not to attract suspicion, Ushini stayed at the Pokemon Center and chatted with Nurse Joy and other people there, of course not revealing anything about Death Note.

If Ushini ever was to meet with S, should he automatically tell about the notebook? Could he trust the fellow who didn't dare to show his face in TV? Clearly, this wasn't something to be decided yet.