PDA

View Full Version : The Wolf howls again

Shadow Wolf
3rd May 2012, 05:37 AM
Hi everyone! Hehehe, it feel like finally a part of me has been restored. I hope you're all doing well.

I'm not sure how to begin this, since I usually wasn't away for such a long time, but I guess I can summarize a bit the events between my absence. I felt like I shouldn't make this thread, since I feel like welcoming back a member is something that everyone does despite a person doing a thread like this or not, but I also feel like I owe an explanation and an apology to everyone. Well, I'll just write a short summary of what happened:

To put it short, I had my own connection since September. In December however, due to unfortunate yet expected events (i.e. my little brother talking too much on the phone and racking up quite a high bill), I had to cut down the service for being unable to pay it. I could still log in to TPM since by that time, I was still in college but when my studies ended at the end of January, I had almost no place to connect to.

I could log in with my neighbor's account (stolen/borrowed signal) but I had to do so casually because at one point, she changed the password and they forbid even my best friend to say it to someone else (my best friend being her brother). Despite this, he gave it to me but he begged me to stay low. And for that, I had to lose almost all of the places I could visit, including TPM.

To feel bad is not enough to describe how I felt at that time, so in a random turn of events, I signed up to another forum (taking risks) and I have to say that I don't regret it because I'm getting to know a wonderful girl. Of course, I leave that for another time. :sweat2:

Now, with a new connection again (without a phone so my brother doesn't rack up the bill), I can safely say that my activity will increase again. Of course, it will take a bit of time to catch up, but I don't mind since I'm glad to be back here.

Well, that's pretty much what happened. Feel free to ask almost any question since that's the least I can do to make it up for my absence. Oh, and if it's not too much to ask, I would like to hear a summary of the important events here at TPM and of our fellow members.

Once again, I apologize for the absence and well, like usual, is good to be back. :)

Knight of Time
3rd May 2012, 05:49 AM
I had been noticing your occasional posts on Facebook, but I'm really glad to see you're back on TPM, Louis!

I hope you didn't mind I posted the 8th version of Pokemon BrainStrain just after the 7th version was ready to close...at that time I still had no idea when you'd be back again, and since I didn't want to keep the players waiting, I decided to post the 8th version. But if you want, you can post the next two versions of BrainStrain, just so that we're even, if you know what I mean.

In Hangman, I'm 40 plushies away from 400 plushies (currently, I have 335 distinct plushies and 25 doubles), and we've got another new player in BTPoke...but I have the funny feeling someday I may no longer be the only "hair trigger" in the game, lol.

ChobiChibi
3rd May 2012, 06:00 AM
YAY! My pet has returned <3 *squishes*

Shadow Wolf
3rd May 2012, 06:08 AM
Kyle: Thanks buddy! Well, I'm kind of a pessimist so I thought that I already had lost both worker positions. :sweat2:

But my own thoughts aside, there's nothing to worry. You did well in posting the new version and so did Gabi in Hangman. You could say that I admire both of you for this and I'm truly grateful for this. The Games forum would miss you two if you were to leave one day, I'm sure of it. :)

Oh ho, it seems I have a lot of catching up if I want to reach that plushie mark, hehehe. But no matter, I'll be sure to follow closely behind. Oh, and is good to have more players! (Hi BTPoke! :wave: )

Becki: Hahahaha, thank you! I'm kinda speechless but I have to say that I missed those fun convos. But that's OK, there's time for that. Oh, and well, I hope there isn't a fight over whose pet I am. :lol:

Perfect Chaos
3rd May 2012, 07:22 AM
You seem familiar, but I can't place how I know/remember you

Anyways, I also decided to come back to TPM so it's always good to have some of our old members make a return. Welcome back!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd May 2012, 09:40 AM
Welcome back! I have missed you and wondered a lot of whether or not you'd come back. I hope you're doing well and I can say this forum needs you. This forum needs everyone! As for myself, I'm pretty much what I've always been. Re-establishing a certain friendship, holding the Finnish flag bravely high here at TPM and so on.

Postailemisiin!
Till we post again!

Lady Vulpix
3rd May 2012, 10:38 AM
Welcome back, and congratulations! It's great to have you back. :)

You shouldn't worry about losing your worker position in Hangman. After all, you've been giving signs of life all this time - in fact, you've been more active than Brian whose position is not at risk either - and we've only recently decided to count Christen out after about 2 years of knowing nothing about her.

As for what I've been doing lately...

Things I've been doing on TPM:
-Playing and maintaining Pokemon Hangman.
-Playing Pokemon Brainstrain.
-Hoping to get more people to play AC/CC.
-Hoping to get someone to play Lingo (Zak said he would, but apparently he forgot).
-Fighting a wave of spambots (Grey caught more than I did, but then I banned their IP range).
-Discussing Black/White.
-Posting a re-matchable trainer guide.
-Glancing at Fanfic every now and then, wishing I had the time to write.
-Participating in occasional discussions.

Things I've been doing outside TPM:
-Working on the subject I'm teaching. (I got my position back until February!)
-Working on my thesis.
-Studying Chinese.
-Getting ready for Brian and Becky's wedding.
-Playing Pokemon Black.
-Participating in irregular roleplaying sessions.
-Helping my mother with her paperwork.
-Spending some time with my family.
-Playing with my dogs.
-Chatting with my boyfriend on Skype and insisting that he makes an effort to come to Argentina in January.

Blademaster
3rd May 2012, 11:36 AM
Welcome back, yo.

Shadow Wolf
4th May 2012, 12:06 PM
Perfect Chaos: Well, you'll probably remember me from hanging around the games forum, writing every now and then on both Fanfic and Misc. and Rping a bit before disappearing, hehehe. :sweat2:. In any case, both welcome back and thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Mika: Hehe, thanks buddy! I also missed hanging around here and I definitely missed your fun comments here in TPM. Oh, and I hope that the friendship can be reestablished successfully. :D

Gabi: Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks for the warm wishes and for the words of encouragement. Oh, and I'm glad everything is going well despite the busy schedule. Oh, and I'm definitely happy that your personal life is also going well. :dance:

I may need a few tips on learning a new language because i have to learn Croatian soon. :D

Blade: Thanks buddy! I also missed you a lot. :)

Well, let's see if I get some lubricant to make these rusty skills work again (no pun intended). Thanks everyone! See you around the forum. :wave:

Dark-San
4th May 2012, 12:33 PM
... and we've only recently decided to count Christen out after about 2 years of knowing nothing about her.

That should be good news right? No more mooncups discussions. No more alternating coloring fonts that harms my eyes. :D

Oh and to keep this post relevant, welcome back wolf boy.

Lady Vulpix
4th May 2012, 12:37 PM
Don't be so mean, Dark-San. What if something bad happened to her?

Dark-San
4th May 2012, 12:41 PM
I forgotten. >.>; Her bunch of sisters are still around.