PDA

View Full Version : (Game) The Werewolf Game (TML Approved)

Plantae
13th May 2012, 07:07 PM
Perhaps you remember the Werewolf Game or its many variants, which used to be played here quite regularly. And if you have ever played Mafia, then the rules below should sound familiar. If you're interested in playing, please post here, and you'll be added to the list of players for the upcoming game. Also, please note that this game is incredibly fun and awesome.

THE WEREWOLF GAME
Getting Started
At the start of the Werewolf Game, each player is assigned a "role" via private message. A player's role determines their faction, either Villagers or Werewolves. The villagers seek to eliminate all werewolves to win, whereas the werewolves wish to outnumber any villagers. No players except werewolves know any other player's role before the start of the game. Subsequent play proceeds in rounds, each lasting 24 hours, and corresponding to Day or Night.

Day
The game starts on Day 1. During Day, all players may cast a vote to kill another player of their choice. Villagers seek to eliminate any werewolves through this trial-and-error process. Finding a werewolf involves paying close attention to voting patterns and other subtle hints. Werewolves also receive a vote during the day (while their true nature remains concealed) and often act in a pack to single out their target. If a player does not vote, he receives a doom vote; after three doom votes, a player is killed.

To cast a vote, a player simply decides on whom their suspicions rest, and posts with the name of that person bolded. Once 24 hours passes or all players vote, the player that receives the majority of the votes is eliminated (ties are decided randomly). Once the vote is complete, the game proceeds into the next phase.

Night
During night, werewolves get to make their own elimination. Communicating via private message or some other means, they decide who they would like to kill. They then private message the host with the bolded name of their target. Once the werewolves make their kill and any other roles use their nighttime abilities, Night ends.

Several other, hidden roles are allied with the villagers and also have the ability to act during night. They are as follows.
Seer - Once per night, the seer can send a private message to the host with the bolded name of one player. The host then reveals the role of that player to the seer.
Guardian Angel - Once per night, the guardian angel can send a private message to the host with the bolded name of one player. This player cannot be killed by werewolves during that night.

Winning the Game
The goal of the humans is to eliminate the werewolves. The goal of the werewolves is to outnumber the humans. The cycle of Day and then Night proceeds until one of these two things occurs (which typically takes anywhere between six to twelve rounds.

General Rules
1. Some off-topic discussion is expected in-game, but keep any spam to a minimum. Flaming is not permitted.
2. Dead people should keep their comments in the game thread to a minimum. They are not allowed to discuss any information they may discover after their death.
3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the game thread and to discuss their suspicions. Playing this game right requires considerable strategy.
4. No player can post the contents of a private message in-game. This is to prevent any player from verifying their own role or the roles of others without deduction. Disobeying this rule will result in the death of the player in question.
5. All votes should be posted in bold. Refrain from posting other text as such.
6. Players may not edit their posts, but may re-post to change their vote if necessary.

The penalty for disobeying the rules above is situational, and may range from additional dooms, to death, to game suspension. Please observe the rules carefully and ask for clarification before it becomes an issue.

Players
This game will start on Saturday, May 19, as long as we have at least ten players by then. Please post here if interested.
1. BTPoke
2. firepokemon
3. Weasel Overlord
4. Magmar

BTPoke
13th May 2012, 07:13 PM
I'd like to join this. Seems like a fun game.

Plantae
13th May 2012, 09:20 PM
It absolutely is. I'll mark you down first on the list.

firepokemon
13th May 2012, 09:28 PM
Count me in.

Weasel Overlord
14th May 2012, 12:53 AM
Bring it on~! I am in like Flynn. Which is totally a phrase.

Plantae
14th May 2012, 09:29 AM
It's absolutely a phrase. Adding you both to the list.

Magmar
17th May 2012, 01:47 PM
I want in!! I haven't missed one yet!

Plantae
17th May 2012, 09:35 PM
Somehow I knew you'd find this eventually, Magmar. Haha. Added you to the list.