PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Pokemon to train?

Lady Vulpix
30th May 2012, 10:31 AM
Just that. I'd like to know what individual Pokemon has been the easiest to train for you so far, in any of the games. If it's a tie, you can name more than one.

For me, it's definitely Party Time, my Birthday Togekiss from Pokemon Black. The only Pokemon I've trained all the way to level 100 without the use of Rare Candies (fast experience growth is good :D). :468:

Party Time has a Quiet nature, which makes his Special attacks quite hard to resist, and his speed is still pretty good (and if he needs to move a bit faster for that last blow, there's always Extremespeed). He has good stats and moves, and when he was level 97 he took down Grimsley's whole team all by himself! And his Super Luck ability is quite useful.

So yes, he has been the easiest Pokemon to train for me. Which one's yours?

Blademaster
30th May 2012, 09:47 PM
I can't recall offhand who I'VE had the easiest time raising, but mathematically, the easiest Pokemon to raise is quite likely to be Zangoose, which is part of the Erratic EXP group of Pokemon (That is, the group of Pokemon that need only 600,000 EXP to get to Level 100.) and, out of that group, has the highest base stat total of any unevolved Pokemon and it matches and even beats several evolved ones. By Level 9, Zangoose has at its disposal STAB Quick Attack, which is boosted to obscene levels by a high ATK stat and will snipe almost anything early on due to Zangoose's high speed, as well as Leer and Swords Dance to inflict even more punishment. Even a newborn's Scratch is a 60-damage attack thanks to Normal STAB.

...I'm kind of tempted to train a Zangoose now.

DarkestLight
30th May 2012, 11:09 PM
Ditto :?

Drago
31st May 2012, 05:41 AM
Mew. Overpowered, capable of healing, and prone to exploding. Not that that made it easier, just more amusing.

Lady Vulpix
31st May 2012, 02:09 PM
Oh! I've never tried training a Zangoose, but now that I've read your description I may try it someday. If I do get one, I'll definitely teach it Shadow Claw, though, so that it can hit Ghost types.

Magmar
1st June 2012, 01:24 PM
Lapras gets my vote... It's a tank and learns such useful moves and is well worth using your prime TMs! Plus once you finally get it, its high defense/special made it good against Sabrina, and it could demolish Blaine, Giovanni and the Elite Four with Surf, Ice Beam, Body Slam/Thunderbolt and Confuse Ray.

Mr. Mime in Gen 1 (trade) was always a cinch, too, as long as you traded a low level Slowbro (via fishing for a Level 23 one). It came with Confusion and Barrier, not bad!

Edit: The first time I ever played the game, I had a Level 100 Lapras named Molly. XD

Lady Vulpix
1st June 2012, 01:41 PM
Yes, I like Lapras too. :) The only reason I never trained one to high levels is because in every game where I had a Lapras I also had a Vaporeon.

Magmar
4th June 2012, 01:55 PM
Vaporeon is great, but it takes a while to get Surf once you get the Eevee, and takes a while to gain levels. Fortunately, you deal with the thunder and grass gym leaders before you get to the Surf HM and Vaporeon becomes super useful, and you can in theory get Ice Beam early on, rendering Koga's Golbat essentially a popsicle.

Bellsprout can be an easy raise, too, since it starts with Vine Whip and Wrap, is a speedy little plant, and I believe also starts with Growth. Once you get to Sabrina, give it Body Slam as a Victreebel and you should be able to make quick work of her Kadabra before it gets two Psychics in. Growth, Mega Drain, Double Edge(?), Toxic can be pretty fierce on the Victreebel, but I personally preferred Exeggutor as my staple Grass dude in those days as there weren't really any threatening Bug-types that wouldn't be demolished by Psychic/Mega Drain/Hypnosis/Body Slam. Bellsprout is easier than Exeggcute to raise based on the moves it learns naturally though.

I miss RBY. :(

KRSplat
11th June 2012, 07:14 AM
Squirtle of Pokémon Blue; worst thing happened to it was getting zapped by lightning while Gameboy Pocket plugged in crashing game data. New cartridge Squirtle evolved to Blastoise and grew to level 100, maybe highest level of any Pokémon I trained.

Andrew
12th June 2012, 02:16 AM
I've found a fondness for Gallade. His awesome attack and speed help me just slice through everything. He's at Lv80 atm which is the highest lv I've ever legitimately raised a Pokemon to. Especially from an Egg.

Skye
10th July 2012, 09:10 AM
I've yet to raise a Pokemon to 100, myself, I like to just play through the games. But, next run through Black might be my last. Looking back on it, I would have to say that my Sawsbuck was the easiest Pokemon on my team to raise. Miracle Seed boosted Leech Horns, STAB Returns... It's by far my favorite Grass type in the 5th Generation and the Pokemon I'd rely on most when trying to train some of the harder ones... Plus it changes with the seasons, so quite pleasant to look at.

Bear
10th July 2012, 10:16 AM
My Porygon-Z was incredibly easy to raise due to its obscenely high Special Attack and large movepool to give him good coverage. He could breeze through entire teams without taking too much damage.

Gengar is also very easy because even as a Gastly it has access to all of the moves it needs to sweep, so it can become deadly at a very low level. Baller Special Attack and great Speed allow it to bulldoze with a Life Orb or Choice Specs, and recovery isn't even needed because he just overpowers things. Plus this is in-game, so all you need are Hyper Potions anyway :x

Lady Vulpix
10th July 2012, 10:37 AM
I agree about Gengar's good moveset and Special Attack. However, they tend to get in trouble if they do get hit, and at low levels there's always a faster opponent.

Dark Sage
10th July 2012, 12:05 PM
Yes, I like Lapras too. :) The only reason I never trained one to high levels is because in every game where I had a Lapras I also had a Vaporeon.

I love Lapras. I've tried to get one at the earliest opportunity in every Pokemon game. It's a great and versitile Water Pokemon with good access to Ice moves.

Emerald_Gen.3
10th July 2012, 01:00 PM
The easiest pokemon i have ever trained would have to be my lvl 100 stoutland

Lady Vulpix
10th July 2012, 01:14 PM
The easiest pokemon i have ever trained would have to be my lvl 100 stoutland
I have a level 100 Stoutland too! Her nature doesn't help, but she's a very good Pokemon nonetheless. What's your Stoutland's trait? Mine has Sand Rush, but I think Intimidate is better for competitive battling. Sand Rush helps at the Desert Resort, though. And against the backers' Gigalith.

Dark Sage
10th July 2012, 01:41 PM
A Stoutland with Sand Rush is good in a Double Battle where its partner uses Sandstorm (especially if the partner is a Tyannitar). It's not bad if you're going for a team that uses brute strength.

However, I would say that Intimidate is the better option for Stoutland overall.

Bear
10th July 2012, 05:42 PM
Sand Rush is far superior in serious competitive play, because permanent sandstorm from tyranitar and hippowdon is rampant. Sand Rush allows Stoutland to outspeed almost any pokemon and deal huge damage with a choice band or life orb.

DarkestLight
14th July 2012, 02:35 PM
:/ Holy shit. I never knew Stoutland gets Sand Rush because I hate dog pokemon. THAT'S SERIOUSLY UNCOOL

Lady Vulpix
15th July 2012, 09:30 AM
What do you have against dog Pokemon?

Skye
15th July 2012, 09:59 AM
Maybe they bark too much?

DarkestLight
15th July 2012, 10:56 AM
Dunno. 95% are just well, unappealing to me. Though a Sand Rush Stoutland would be insane cause those things are sickly annoying.