PDA

View Full Version : Akon 23 ( Roy and Classy's Magical Adventure )

Roy Karrde
1st June 2012, 10:20 PM
Alright I flew Classycat down for the week, infact she is sitting on my couch right now, and we just finished our first day at Akon 23 and the whirlwind experience that was. I figured I would open a topic to chronicle our three day journey.

Bought: Magica Madoka Pink Pendent, 3 Volumes of Paradigm Shift, Gatchapon Mini 3DS with Legend of Zelda 3D cartridge attached to it.

Got separated from Classycat: Twice, one time took almost a hour for us to meet up again.

Most Awesome Moment: Learned how the VA of Axel ( Quinton Flynn ) discovered Yaoi.

It was his first anime convention, he had just finished a panel and everything was closed down. So he and his friend was looking to go out with some girls, he asked around where the girls were and was directed to the Yaoi room. He asked what Yaoi was and was told 'You will find out'. He stepped in, saw the room packed with women, turned... and saw the screen. And then the house lights came on and the MC announced that they had two guests in the house and announced his name and his friend's name. The response "We-we..we're n-not gay"

So when he finished the story I raised my hand and asked a question. "How much alcohol and or money would it cost for you to voice act Yaoi?"

After the laughter died down his response was "Well I am a working artist...."

So girls, your dreams of a true VA Roxas x Axel Yaoi can still come true!

Worst part of the day: The two hour wait and long winding path through the hotel to get our Pre Reg passes.

classy_cat18
1st June 2012, 10:38 PM
This was definitely the biggest con I've been to. It easily tops AWA, as it was three stories and it was packed on each floor. The escalators were turned off, so the masses of otaku walked up and down.

And Roy...Roy is definitely not used to having a companion with him at a con. I turn my back for ten seconds and he is GONE. With a crowd like A-Kon's, it's easy to lose people!

Bought: Grimmjow (from Bleach) wall scroll, Derpy Pride T-shirt, Ghost Trick for DS, Trigun Maximum vol. 1, Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist vol. 4

Most Awesome Moment: The whole Quinton Flynn panel, along with the Yaoi song, as well as meeting the Grimmjow and Lady Beatrice cosplayers. For those who don't know, Lady Beatrice is from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni.

Worst part of the day: Having to look for Roy twice, the two-hour wait

Roy Karrde
3rd June 2012, 06:12 PM
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1368/northeast2012060300161.jpg

That is Classy_Cat getting a biggggg giant hug from Vic. We were first in line because we got there at 11 am ( Vic showed up at 2:30 ) and I started the "Unofficial, Unsanctioned, Line for Vic" while Classy was able to grab a wall scroll from the room.

We left after the autograph but she was smiling from ear to ear.

classy_cat18
3rd June 2012, 06:37 PM
Correction, it was more of a "unofficial, unsanctioned, waiting for a line for waiting for Vic" line. The real line hadn't even started yet; there were two Japanese bands before us.

But OMG, it was sooooooo worth it. Vic Mignogna is the NICEST VA I have ever met, and I've met Crispin Freeman before. Yesterday I went to his Q&A panel, although I didn't get in the line to ask him questions. One woman brought up a time when someone found his home phone number and called him at 2 a.m. And Vic, being as awesome as he is, talked to her and her friends. The woman who brought it up was the girl's mother, and she wanted to apologize and thank him for being so nice. BTW, the phone number isn't in the phone book anymore. He was smart enough to have it taken off.

When Roy told him that I had flown in from Alabama to see him, he asked for a hug. That made my entire year.

Oh, and he does a good Yoda impression.

Yesterday I got the autographs from the following:
Kyle Hebert (does Kamina from Gurren Lagann, Aizen from Bleach). Got him to sign the Aizen pic in my Bleach Season 3 box set. He wrote "Evil is sexy" too. Plus, I got his Mii in my 3DS! ^_^
Cherami Leigh (does Natsumi from Sgt. Frog, Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail). She complimented my Kami-Con shirt. She and her mother are sweet. I had her sign my program and con badge.
Quinton Flynn (does Axel from the Kingdom Hearts series, Kon from Bleach). Unfortunately, I had no KH game boxes for him to sign. I want to fill one box set with as many Bleach VAs as possible anyway. His panel was cool; he did the Yaoi Song a capella.
Lisle Wilkerson (does Nina and Christie from Virtual Fighter). This was the only one I didn't know about but I wanted to get her autograph anyway.

I didn't get any of Team Four Star's autographs, but I can shoot for that another year. Although my dedication to get these autographs cost me some panel time, it was still WORTH IT! WHOO!

homeofmew
9th June 2012, 11:50 PM
UGGG I'll try to go next year D:
Roy likes hugging homeofmew as Pikachu