PDA

View Full Version : ¿Ideas?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th June 2012, 06:03 AM
OK, you all know I know a bit of Spanish. But I need help of someone at TPM who is better into Spanish language and culture. So, here's the deal. One of my friends celebrates her 80-year Birthday on Monday and she has studied Spanish a lot. She has been to places like Majorca many times and is a big friend of both Spanish language and culture. So I'd like to ask if PersianTrainer, Telume, Lady Vulpix or any TPM member who either shares the Spanish cultural heritage or just knows something about Spanish culture, would have any ideas what kind of Birthday Card I could draw for her? I need the info by Sunday afternoon FINLAND TIME so that I have some time to draw the card!

Thanks in advance!

Magmar
16th June 2012, 06:35 AM
Which pais? There are so many countries where Spanish is the national language... if she likes Spain, it'll be far different than if she's a big fan of Mexico, or the Caribbean, or South America, or Gibraltar :P

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th June 2012, 06:52 AM
I know, Magmar, I know. The selection of Spanish-speaking countries is really big, but I thought you guys could give me a hand. I don't have a list of the places where she has been to, but at least the mainland of Spain and Majorca.

The main reason I myself have studied Spanish IS that there are so many former colonies of Spain and it's going to compete more and more with English, French and Mandarin Chinese over the title of the world's most popular language.

But I just heard she has this 80-year Birthday on the 18th of June and the party will commence on midday Finland Time.

Samchu
16th June 2012, 04:47 PM
Why not go with something based on one of the more obscure Spanish traditions such as the Running of the Bulls or La Tomatina (the tomato fight)?