PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best team you ever had for battle tower?!

Rayquaza Master
3rd May 2003, 10:45 PM
What was the best team you have used? i would type mine...but i dont feel like it right now....but lets just say i got beat by a Ludocovo (the mexican pineapple) -_-;;....and i was on a my 49th match too :: rabbles :::mad:

Alai
3rd May 2003, 11:25 PM
I was using Flygon, Blaziken, and Gardevoir. Doing fine until a Latios completely destroyed me O_o. At least I have my Silver Shield though... I want gold :O!

Cyber Dragon
4th May 2003, 12:02 AM
Milotic, Latias, and Wobuffet.

I went up to 56 successive battles on my *first* try until Ludiloco beat me (I'm having SERIOUS problems with that Double Team + Leftovers Ludiloco... ugh).

And I went up to 49 successive battles, until it was the final showdown between my Milotic and a Metagross.

I had 1 PP for Hydro Pump left (YES Hydro Pump - I just want to use it). I was SO lucky to have 7 HP left, after surviving its horrid earthquake. Metagross had, like, SO LITTLE HEALTH LEFT, even a little water gun could kill it...

I used my last Hydro Pump - it missed.

Metagross used Earthquake - I lost.

... I *almost* won. Only if Hydro Pump hit. :(

I WANT MY GOLD SHIELD!!!

Right now, I'm raising a Salamence and a Metagross right now to take with me into Battle Tower. I need that extra power to go the long 100 battles... in a row... >_<

Alai
4th May 2003, 12:15 AM
Ummm... How did you get a Latias into the Tower?

Rayquaza Master
4th May 2003, 12:18 AM
Yes...that damn mexacan pineapple is what beat me....
:: flash back ::....it was Blazakin, Sceptile, and my Registeel.....blazakin and sceptile were both taken out by pincer with gillotine:mad: in a row! Then when i ko'd the beast it was the ludocovo:mad: that evil ludo. ......that ruined my winning streak.....i couldnt hit him w/ anything....and i tried attacking him 30 times...and missed everytime....o well....this time im going straight for the kill...:: evil laugh ::

Cyber Dragon
4th May 2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Alai
Ummm... How did you get a Latias into the Tower?

The Lati Siblings *and* The Regi's are allowed into the Battle Tower. :D

×X×·ShadowPrince·×X×
4th May 2003, 12:34 AM
Allowed in Battle Tower (from Legends):

Celebi
Mew
3 Regis
3 Birds
3 Cats (yes, they are not dogs!)
Latios/ Latias
Jirachi

Now allowed:

Mewtwo
Ho-Oh
Lugia
Rayquaza
Groudon
Kyogre

:)

Prince

Alai
4th May 2003, 12:49 AM
I feel stupid... I thought all legendaries were banned!

Rayquaza Master
4th May 2003, 12:52 AM
Then why cant i enter Rayquaza or Kyogre at the battle tower?!

chanmanx2k
4th May 2003, 01:06 AM
im at 42 straight wins at battle tower right now and i just took a break. I have an unstoppable team. My team

cradily lvl50
-confuse ray
-recover
-rock slide
-giga drain
he is the tank, can get hp from leftovers, giga drain, and recover

slaking lvl 50
-yawn
-slack off
-shadow ball
-hyper beam(almost always 1 hit KO)

and
milotic lvl 50
-recover
-ice beam
-surf
-safeguard

so all my guys have a move to recover half of their HP. My cradily starts every round by using confuse ray, then when they are confused i can switch to slaking for a Hyper beam which usually kills in 1 hit or i can go to milotic for ice beam or surf. But I keep cradily in until he dies because his defense is so strong, and his hp never goes down with all the hp moves. My team is soooo strong, i got all these items alraedy. Maybe i might let you use them so you can battle the battle tower

Cyber Dragon
4th May 2003, 01:06 AM
Maybe because they're too strong. In fact, it is one of the strongest pokemon - sharing the throne next to Mewtwo, Lugia, and Ho-Oh.

ShadowPrince, only Raikou reminds me of a cat. Suicune and Entei are the dogs. -_-

Dark Stalker Raven
4th May 2003, 01:14 AM
Salamance, Metagross, Gardevoir... 72 straight.

Rayquaza Master
4th May 2003, 01:16 AM
What moves/ hold items are you using...(aim sn Dementedmelee)

Alai
4th May 2003, 01:17 AM
May I ask what your recommended moveset is for Metagross? I was thinking about raising one.

Dark Stalker Raven
4th May 2003, 01:25 AM
Salamance:
@Salac Berry
Flamethrower
Crunch
Earthquake
Brick Break

Metagross:
@Lum Berry
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Light Screen
I don`t go with Psychic, because I want him to be a Psychic killer.

Gardevoir:
@Leftovers
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Attract
Double Team

Another good option:
Blaziken:
@Scope Lens
Blaze Kick
Sky Uppercut
Rock Slide
Counter
The Regi Slayer...

Milotic:
@Dragon Fang
Surf
Dragonbreath
Confuse Ray
Recover
The Latias/Latios killer
*Please notice the Confuse/Par combo. That why I dont use Ice Beam*

Cyber Dragon
4th May 2003, 02:02 AM
Dark Stalker Raven:

1) WHERE in the world did you get that Salac Berry??? O_O

2) What's the breeding chain to get BOTH Confuse Ray and Dragonbreath on Milotic? The only possible way I know is through Lapras (Dragonbreath TM from G/S/C, and the Confuse Ray lvl up move), but that's not possible as of now.

Ultimate Pikachu
4th May 2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Alai
I was using Flygon, Blaziken, and Gardevoir. Doing fine until a Latios completely destroyed me O_o. At least I have my Silver Shield though... I want gold :O!

The opponent can use Latios and Latias in Battle Tower?

Madelyn151
4th May 2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Ultimate Pikachu
The opponent can use Latios and Latias in Battle Tower?

and so can you. XP

i'm working on metagross, latias, and like, slaking or something. very bash-bash-bash-kill, but still. it's what works in-game.

Benimoto
4th May 2003, 02:38 PM
I went with

Slaking
@Choice Band
Hyper Beam
Focus Punch
whatever
whatever

Starmie
@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover

Salamance
@Shell Bell
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Crunch

And, as you might guess, I just hyper beamed everything except ghosts and Aggron. A rock or steel type would just need to be hyper beamed twice. Annoyers were the only real problem.

Slaking had a +atk personality and all EVs were in attack and speed. The other two were there to mop up anything left. Focus punch was there in case Registeel got a few amnesias off. Then I'd just keep Starmie in, recovering, until Registeel used rest. Then I'd switch in Slaking again and punch him in the jimmy.

It worked pretty well. I got the gold shield, finally after something like 300 actual battles.

Gligar_Man
4th May 2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Madelyn151
and so can you. XP

i'm working on metagross, latias, and like, slaking or something. very bash-bash-bash-kill, but still. it's what works in-game.

yup... latias, latios and groudon is fun... so is kyogre, groudon and regice, and so is regice, kyogre and castform... XD f33r thunder, weatherball !

Edge
4th May 2003, 02:48 PM
I got to 51 consecutive wins on Lv. 50 with Latios, Cacturne, and Salamence. Latios just swept the entire time, while Cacturne and Salamence were just filler guys who I seldomly used.

So I was battling a RegiIce, and the damn thing kept on using Double Team. I switched to Salamence(who was my only poke with a Fire move) and I forgot about Salamence's 4X Ice weakness. 1 Ice Beam, and Salamence was down. Cacturne and Latios quickly fell aswell due to Ice Beam. It was then that I realized that I needed a good Fighting Pokemon to get to 100 wins.

bloodyGIR
4th May 2003, 04:08 PM
My team was

zangoose lv.50
pursuit
sword dance
slash
crush claw

raichu lv.50
sweetkiss
shockwave
double team
thunderbolt

metagross lv.50
confusion
pursuit
psychic
metal claw

Bug Catcher Daniel
4th May 2003, 10:37 PM
right now i have my absol and armaldo.. im gonna add an alakazam there to cover absol's weakness

absol(starter)
-Substitute
-Shadowball
-Slash/Return(please help me decide)
-Sword Dance

alakazam:
-Psychic
-Fire Punch
-Reflect
-Recover

armaldo
-Sword dance
-Ancient Power
-Aerial Ace
-Earthquake/Brick Break(little help here two.. thnx)

what do u think? any suggestions?

Cyber Dragon
4th May 2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Gligar_Man
yup... latias, latios and groudon is fun... so is kyogre, groudon and regice, and so is regice, kyogre and castform... XD f33r thunder, weatherball !

Kyogre and Groudon aren't allowed:

Originally posted by ×X×·ShadowPrince·×X×
Allowed in Battle Tower (from Legends):

Celebi
Mew
3 Regis
3 Birds
3 Cats (yes, they are not dogs!)
Latios/ Latias
Jirachi

Now allowed:

Mewtwo
Ho-Oh
Lugia
Rayquaza
Groudon
Kyogre

:)

Prince

Aerial Ace/Swift/Shock Wave or Haze/Taunt is a good idea for those annoyers... Those 100% no-matter-what moves should deal some damage, while haze erases the double team... or, just use Taunt and completely removes their ability to use moves other than attacking.

I LOVE TAUNT! :D

I have never used it yet, but from the Nintendo Power Guide, it says Taunt only stops the opponent from using defensive moves for 2 turns - the current turn and the next turn.

It's still useful. :)