PDA

View Full Version : The Underground Pokemon Center

ChobiChibi
6th July 2012, 08:23 AM
Welcome to the Pokemon Center!
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/061/0/1/__oh_joy___by_wintercupcake-d4rif0c.png
Image from WinterCupcake@dA (http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=9&q=Nurse+Joy&offset=192#/d4rif0c)

AKA, the "Pokemon: Rise of Ghetsis" lounge/plotting/talking thread :D

Up-to-date Cast List Coming Soon!

Sophie (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=549619&postcount=2) – Lei (Emolga), Alice (Audino) [ChobiChibi]
Chez (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=549627&postcount=3) – N/A [Crystal Tears]
Brett (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=549655&postcount=7) – Rose (Ralts) [BTPoke]
James (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=549656&postcount=8) – Mary Celeste (Mismagius), Emohawk (Ditto) [Crazy Elf Boy]
Rue (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=549658&postcount=9) – Bandit (Kecleon), Dimitri (Roserade) [classy_cat18]
Andrew (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=549662&postcount=10) – Shadow (Eevee), Egg (Unknown) [Samchu]
Kazuhira (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=549734&postcount=13) – Boss (Dwebble), Pooyan (Drifloon) [Weasel Overlord]
Tony (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=549767&postcount=14) - Talisman (Sigilyph), Kazul (Dratini) [DivineAll]
Samantha Merriam (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=550010&postcount=17) - Gothita [firepokemon]
Bear (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/member.php?u=200)

I'm now closing the sign up thread because there's lots of chatting going on in there, and that should happen here now! Any more LSU's please sign up in here. Of course, Pokemon Centers are shut down, hence the Underground :D Ssssh, it's a secret.

I'll post (hopefully today) and update this thread again. Lets take down some grunts, eh?

Drago
6th July 2012, 08:31 AM
I'm really looking forward to this RPG hitting its stride. I really like the premise, and I think it'll be awesomely fun.

I suppose there was no point in me expressing this, but still. I am full of EXCITE.

BTPoke
6th July 2012, 08:43 AM
and now I'm going to be a team player and actually DO stuff :D

I suppose I might as well have started with Rose and Waru in the first place and scrapped the whole forest thing, so you guys can just ignore it, k? as if it never happened :D

I'm still gonna keep it in there, though, as sort of a reminder to never do something like that again :)

Weasel Overlord
6th July 2012, 08:53 AM
Aw don't worry BT, you should have seen the state of my first posts back in the day. We've all been there!

As a side note, I keep missing Kazuhira on the castlist, cos I'm so used to calling him Kaz that I get really confused XD OOPS.

BTPoke
6th July 2012, 09:23 AM
To be honest, considering my newbiness at RPGs in general... I didn't know what LSU's meant until, like, 2 seconds ago.

Then I read the sentence "Any more LSU's please sign up here." and began to think for about 5 minutes... then I GOT IT! :D

Bear
6th July 2012, 09:33 AM
<---still not on the cast list :(

rude.

Shadow Wolf
6th July 2012, 10:10 AM
Well, I took too long today to finish this so I'll just post it here. As for now, I have no purpose yet but I think it will be nice to remain close to Nimbasa city. I'll see if there's a way Leone can contribute to the cause, hehehe. Of course, I need approval first so I'll wait before doing anything else. ^_^

_______

Name: Leone Grand
Personality: Leone is a reserved guy. He’s not shy, but he doesn’t engage in many conversations either. And even if he denies it, he shares common traits with his family, like logical skills and a genuine desire to protect his friends. Often teased for his “girly” name, he has made only a few friends where he lives and he hasn’t made any friends in Unova yet.

Appearance: Leone stands at 5’4”. With a white (but not pale) skin, crimson hair and blue eyes, he is usually seen wearing a long sleeve jacket with a number two in the left side of the chest, a black t-shirt underneath and dark jeans. He also has a necklace in where he can keep a Pokeball (though it will probably be empty for quite a while).

Region: Kanto

Current Pokémon: Solosis – male. After the events Leone experienced on Driftveil city, he found himself wandering on route 5. This is when he met Solosis. However, he found this Solosis on the floor and, since he saw that his aura was blue instead of the usual green, he thought that it might be sick. Thus he used his only pokeball left to capture the small Pokemon and hide it from danger until he could find what’s wrong with him.

Bag: Currently, he has no items except for the Pokeball which was in his necklace (which he used to capture Solosis).

History: Leone has always desired to live a calm and normal life, but due to family bonds, he’s been unable to do so. This is why, after properly training his Pokemon, he decided to begin a new life in Unova. However, little did he know that this quest for a new life would bring him so many hardships. Not much time after arriving into Unova (through Driftveil city), he was attacked by Team Plasma and robbed of his pokemon and of his backpack. However, in a moment of distraction, he took the chance to run from them. Rushing through a Driftveil bridge that was rising up, he took the risk to jump into the water. After that, he doesn’t remember anything else.

When he woke up, he found himself in the border of Route 5. Unable to return to Driftveil city, he found himself wandering east through the forests of this route. This is when he found his recently acquired Solosis. Now, his only plan was to go to Castelia city and find a ferry to return to Kanto (hopefully, the elders at Floe Island’s day care will help him with Solosis), but future events will once again sidetrack him from his original goal.

Relationships: Can you guess who his big sister is?

Other: Since he wasn’t a battle-oriented individual, his team was simple:

:131: Lapras – Female: a gift to help him travel around the Sevii islands.
:227: Skarmory – Male: Hatched from an egg left at day care, though he believes that its parents might be from the Sevault Canyon.
:161: Sentret – Female: captured during one of his travels around when he was still assistant in the Day Care.

DivineAll
6th July 2012, 11:55 AM
Well... now that ChobiChibi says that anything related to B&W2 is no longer applicable, the best idea I had in mind for Dragons disappearing from the planet no longer applies apparently. ^^; Can anyone help me come up with an alternate idea for the mysterious Dragon disappearance? In fact, bounce as many ideas about any kind of research material going on in the world as possible since my character is a researcher.

EraGam
6th July 2012, 04:07 PM
Oooh, hold a spot for me! We`re still able to sign-up right?
And is it okay that my writing skills aren`t really that good? Cause I`m still kinda new to this whole RPGing.

BTPoke
6th July 2012, 05:03 PM
yeah, sign ups are always open, and everyone is welcome!

EraGam
6th July 2012, 08:33 PM
Name: Ian
Personality:
Unlike his father, Ian is a very pesimistic person and hard to be around. He doesn`t really like pokemon, since he finds them dangerous and scary. He`s especially afraid of anything large and cat-like. He`s also afraid of heighs, darkness, and he often stammers when talking to important or older people. He also has an incredible phobia of dirt.

He has a need of sticking to a certain routine, breaking the routine makes him go crazy if done too often. Because of this, Ian likes things to be planned, even days before it actually happens. That`s why he carries around a notebook with all his plans nicely organized.

He has a thing for sharp objects, they fascinate him for no reason. He has a pocket knife in his bag, which he often uses to randomly cut things to calm himself down. He finds beauty in everything that sorrounds him, he can sit trough hours of doing nothing but watching inanimate objects. Ian notices all the small things others usually ignore.

He`s a pretty smart kid, but his stammering makes him look like a immature child.
Becoming friends with him is near to immposible, but making him follow your orders is simple, because he is more of a minion than leader.
But he enjoys sticking with people that will lead him towards his goal, though he abandoned them later on.

He thinks he knows everything about the world and acts like an expierienced wise man. By others, he is viewed as a selfish self-centered person, which is partly true.

Appearance: He`s a tall kid with 5' 8" feet high above the ground. His a bit longer blond hair is slickly brushed to the side of is skull. He wears formal clothes at all time and hates getting it dirty, though he oftens leaves out a tie. His bright blue eyes are hidden behind thick glasses.
Region: Unova
Current Pokémon:
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/ea/Spr_5b_570_s.png
Not exactly a pokemon he owns, Amber loves to follow Ian around. She especially enjoys tricking Ian with her illusions, he often doesn`t even notice her.
She started following him when she hatched from an egg, that belonged to the Circus`s Zoroark. After the invasion, all the pokemon were forced to be freed from their cages, leaving Amber`s egg behind. Ian got interested in the odd object and tried poking his knife in it. The egg cracked open and a shiny zorua rolled out.
Amber hides herself from the Plasma grunts by transforming into a human, making herself look like Ian`s sister.

Bag: A free pokeball, knife, notepad, pencils, a collection of stone pieces (moon, fire, water, thunder), his lunch

History:
He is the result of his mother`s affair with a magician, working in a circus. His legal parents were respected finance advisors of gym leaders and wealthy people, but since the appearance of Team Plasma, their wages started dropping. At the age of twelve, unlike most of the kids his age traveling the region for badges, he moved to his biogical father, because his parents were worried about his health. They though putting him into the more dangerous circus world would at least prepare him for a better life.His father, a magician, would teach him all kinds of magic tricks and illusions, but he never really mastered the skill. It also opened him up to all kinds of circus pokemon, making him develop his fear of lion-like pokemon. He was always found as odd by the other children, so the circus was sort of an escape from reality for him. At the age of sixteen, he ran away from home to become a sommelier. With his newly dicovered love for food, he started working at the Striaton gym as a waiter. In the following years, he even got to know the gym leader, Cilan a little closer, but that never developed into anything, because of the sudden Plasma invasion. Once turning twenty, he moved back to his legal parents in fear of getting arrested for association with the gym.

Other:
Lost Pokemon:
Most of them Circus pokemon whose names he can`t remember.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/0/0c/Spr_5b_439.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/27/Spr_5b_086.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/6/6b/Spr_5b_059.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/0/03/Spr_5b_232_m.png

Sorry if I messed anything up, I got a bit tired at the end so point out any mistakes if you feel like it. Also, there might be a few mistakes in there, I was writing it in a hurry.

DarkestLight
6th July 2012, 08:43 PM
Divine: You could use the old "Migration due to imbalance in Nature" routine. Imbalance of emotions, and dragons decides to leave humans alone

Weasel Overlord
8th July 2012, 10:11 AM
Or maybe there could have been some sort of super-virus that only affected Dragon types and they all fled to escape-

or not.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if Kaz was investigating something to do with that, but it still seems a little bit too... out there for the rest of the plot? I dunno man, it doesn't seem to fit too well. Might be one too many things on top of everything else?

Shadow Wolf
8th July 2012, 12:31 PM
Well... now that ChobiChibi says that anything related to B&W2 is no longer applicable, the best idea I had in mind for Dragons disappearing from the planet no longer applies apparently. ^^; Can anyone help me come up with an alternate idea for the mysterious Dragon disappearance? In fact, bounce as many ideas about any kind of research material going on in the world as possible since my character is a researcher.

Not to spoil the party, but did you discuss this with Chobichibi before posting it here (disappearance of the dragons issue)?

I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong, since I'm new to RPG, but in my opinion, new ideas should be discussed with the RPG creator before placing them into motion (like for example, I discussed with Chobichibi my issue of Solosis before including it in my sign up, and even with this, I'm still waiting for the official approval before writing anything).

I apologize if I sound too serious or anything, but I don't want to throw any ideas until being completely sure that Chobichibi gave you the approval to run with this idea. If she did, then let me know and I'll think of a few things.

Bear
8th July 2012, 05:30 PM
Ugh well the person I interacted with seems to have disappeared so I guess I'll edit my post to include someone else who is actually ACTIVE...

ChobiChibi
8th July 2012, 05:51 PM
Louis and EraGam, you're both fine. Although EraGam, don't go too overboard with Zorua's crazy hiding skills. I mean, it must have a huge risk of exposure if someone tried to touch its human illusion, right?

Shonta's around, Bearface, I'll get hold of her next time I see her. I think my concept of time is different to everyone else's these days XD (i.e. a lot slower)

I don't really want to explain why I'm lacking motivation at the moment, it's just way too personal to be telling everyone, so um... Yeah. I am trying. And I am starting to feel better, so when I say soon, I really do mean I will be posting soon >< Ask Wurze, I gave her a such a detailed plan of my post it's frustrating XD

EraGam
8th July 2012, 06:01 PM
Louis and EraGam, you're both fine. Although EraGam, don't go too overboard with Zorua's crazy hiding skills. I mean, it must have a huge risk of exposure if someone tried to touch its human illusion, right?

Of course, I don`t want to overpower her. Her illusion can disappear even in abrupt changes of weather (rain, sandstorm... etc.).

Bear
8th July 2012, 07:02 PM
BECKEH WAI U NO PUT ME ON TEH CSAT LIST???

ChobiChibi
8th July 2012, 07:08 PM
For the same reason I haven't put anyone on it since I posted the RPG thread?

Cos I haven't got around to it yet? XD

DO YOU KNOW HOW COMPLEX THAT CODING IS HMMM?!

Fix'd. I'm going to sleep.

Bear
8th July 2012, 07:10 PM
lmfao "Bear"

Go to bed Bex it's like 1:00 AM.

DarkestLight
8th July 2012, 08:30 PM
Word yo I'm not even on the cast list.

classy_cat18
8th July 2012, 08:54 PM
Ugh well the person I interacted with seems to have disappeared so I guess I'll edit my post to include someone else who is actually ACTIVE...

Bear, wait! I just have been busy lately! Be patient, dammit!

Drago
8th July 2012, 09:57 PM
Word yo I'm not even on the cast list.
No room for extras on the cast list, bro. :D :P

Bear
8th July 2012, 10:15 PM
Excuses excuses Shonta, get on it!

jk thanks for at least letting me know.

DarkestLight
8th July 2012, 10:16 PM
AMBIGUOUS Brownie demands Ambiguious recognition!

DivineAll
8th July 2012, 11:16 PM
Not to spoil the party, but did you discuss this with Chobichibi before posting it here (disappearance of the dragons issue)?

I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong, since I'm new to RPG, but in my opinion, new ideas should be discussed with the RPG creator before placing them into motion (like for example, I discussed with Chobichibi my issue of Solosis before including it in my sign up, and even with this, I'm still waiting for the official approval before writing anything).

I apologize if I sound too serious or anything, but I don't want to throw any ideas until being completely sure that Chobichibi gave you the approval to run with this idea. If she did, then let me know and I'll think of a few things.

When I signed up, ChobiChibi was a little iffy on my RPG character being from Orre and the idea of Team Cipher being added to the equation, but said nothing about the dragon disappearance idea. I assume the idea is okay since she hasn't mentioned it yet in any PMs about Team Cipher being involved with the plot and the fact that Kazul's backstory revolves around her Type's absence, so I'm still going with it.

However, I will say I did drop the ball with assuming that B&W2 was going to be in canon with the RPG... so yeah, that was totally my fault. ^^; That won't stop me from making bad jokes and references in the RPG about it though! XD

As for the idea for the dragon disappearance, I might as well go with a variation of DarkestLight's suggestion of sensing an imbalance in the world and going away to find a means of fixing it.

If B&W2 was canon for the RPG, then my original idea was the dragon disappearance was going to be migration due to cold weather starting to affect Unova thanks to Kyurem. During their migration, they could learn to better adapt to colder climates because Dragons are weak to Ice.

Bear
9th July 2012, 07:18 AM
every time someone says "canon" I think "cannon" and subsequently "FIRE ZE CANNONS UND ZE LAZERZ!!!!!!"

Wow, so excite, haven't been in an RP'ing mood for a long ass time.

DarkestLight
12th July 2012, 08:26 AM
::Spies a tag:: Ah-ha! Entrance...stage left!

Bear
14th July 2012, 06:11 PM
DL I don't really understand your post. My character never even came outside lol. We're inside the managerial offices in the back of the building, with a large reception area between us and the actual outside entrance. You're supposed to be tapping at the window :)

DarkestLight
14th July 2012, 10:14 PM
Oh. I thought that when Avery left the room, he also left the building. I'll edit that.

Bear
15th July 2012, 08:04 AM
Lol it's just a minor detail. Just wanted to keep the continuity there. Need to get the rest of the cast to start posting now!

Bear
19th July 2012, 05:39 PM
*looks around* I SEE you people posting in other forums, get your butts in here!

classy_cat18
19th July 2012, 05:52 PM
...I thought it was your turn to post.

DivineAll
19th July 2012, 06:43 PM
I'm waiting for either a: ChobiChibi to post again, b: for someone to tag me, and/or c: potential plot-relevant events to happen before posting again.

Bear
20th July 2012, 11:05 AM
Bex is too busy posting in Mt Moon and Misc to have time for us :x

Also Shonta I posted and then DL posted, I guess I can make a short post to move us along. I guess Tony doesn't want to get Jevon in on this action so it looks like it'll be the three of us for now.

BTPoke
20th July 2012, 11:09 AM
I'm also waiting for Chobi to post again (also to answer a question I asked her).

classy_cat18
20th July 2012, 11:19 AM
Bex is too busy posting in Mt Moon and Misc to have time for us :x

Also Shonta I posted and then DL posted, I guess I can make a short post to move us along. I guess Tony doesn't want to get Jevon in on this action so it looks like it'll be the three of us for now.

No no, I can whip something up.

DarkestLight
20th July 2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah I was waiting on You two to make a move...

ChobiChibi
20th July 2012, 12:27 PM
Or using her spare few minutes in the day of her 10 hour shift to have some shiggles >>

BTPoke I can answer your question here. Don't worry about pretending your post never happened, it's fine. If you want to post before me, then just get yourself closer, but don't tag me, I'll come to you.

DivineAll, to be honest? I don't really trust you with huge, story changing plots. The dragon one especially seems unnessisary (sp? Looks wrong in my head) really... And you're also going on the assumption that Team Plasma has had contact with Cipher, which I believe I told you months ago... I may be wrong, I'm on my phone so I can't check easily. Nor do either plot seem to relate to each other? Which is what you seem to be suggesting.

I don't know, basically. I'm going to finish my pasta and go back to work >>

Bear
20th July 2012, 02:11 PM
lol u sed shiggles :D

We're just teasing bex work hard!

DivineAll
20th July 2012, 02:14 PM
I'm trying to go for a sort of magic vs. technology angle with my current idea, Chobi. There are still many unknown things about the Pokemon world that a lot of humans don't know about and tampering with them could be a bad thing which is the general focus that I'm trying to go for.

The Dragons represent magic since, aside from Psychics, IMHO, they're some of the most powerful Types in existence and thus have the most understanding of the workings of the Pokemon world, aside from Legendaries. (It also helps that they're mythical creatures in real life, but that's besides the point.) Team Plasma and, eventually, Cipher represents science because they have both tampered in things in the natural world that should not be tampered with. The Shadow Pokemon for Cipher is especially obvious.

The two sides will come across each other eventually, but I'm trying for a slow and subtle start with the magic vs. science bit. I also realize that introducing Cipher relatively early would make things really overcomplicated and a little broken for Plasma so don't worry about that bit of detail being brought up early on. I want to save it for when the time is just about right.

Drago
20th July 2012, 08:42 PM
I'm in an awkward position at the moment: Jevon is in the same area as y'all, but is making a hasty advance towards the gym, so he has no reason to inspect the office you're in, and y'all wouldn't really have a reason to come out to him, either.

...If nothing happens in about a week, I'll shuffle some things around and change that, though. :lol:

Drago
1st August 2012, 05:59 AM
...Any life from anyone? I'd really rather not have Jevon divert randomly from his path, but if inactivity be thy mistress...

ChobiChibi
1st August 2012, 07:11 AM
Alright, I'll get on it. About time really ><;

EDIT: I just got called into work early, the bastards. BUT I DID START WRITING. Expect this done when I get home!

DarkestLight
4th August 2012, 02:50 PM
Classy, was that a tag to me? Seemed like it. Wasnt sure.

classy_cat18
4th August 2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah, it was. Sorry about not being more specific.

BTPoke
9th August 2012, 11:25 PM
Yeah. I am trying. And I am starting to feel better, so when I say soon, I really do mean I will be posting soon >< Ask Wurze, I gave her a such a detailed plan of my post it's frustrating XD

Almost a month later...

Expect this done when I get home!

8 days later... I don't mean to be mean and I don't mean to rush, but that Post must be incredibly amazing and complicated! xD

ChobiChibi
10th August 2012, 05:03 AM
Look, I am busy. Simple as. I've lost my writing mojo and posts like that just irritate me more, not help. I am fully aware of how long it's been, I don't just forget these things like everyone seems to think I do.

And I also don't just settle for a "that will do" post. I was actually gonna attempt this today, but you've annoyed me now so who knows what will happen.

DarkestLight
11th August 2012, 10:21 PM
Howz my Weezy ;_; She never beats me anymore.

BTPoke
12th August 2012, 12:11 AM
Look, I am busy. Simple as. I've lost my writing mojo and posts like that just irritate me more, not help. I am fully aware of how long it's been, I don't just forget these things like everyone seems to think I do.

And I also don't just settle for a "that will do" post. I was actually gonna attempt this today, but you've annoyed me now so who knows what will happen.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult you or anything like that. If I came off as annoying or mean, then I'm sorry about that, but I did not mean to come off as that, and I was attempting to craft that post to make sure I didn't seem mean (although that apparently didn't work). I was just hoping to maybe get a few giggles. Seriously, though, you can take as long as you like. Sorry for making you feel as if I was rushing you. :(

Weasel Overlord
12th August 2012, 06:56 AM
Howz my Weezy ;_; She never beats me anymore.

DL babe, I'll beat you any time you want me to <3

In other news: I may be able to get some sort of post done at some point! Oh my god everyone will die of shock etc. etc.

Drago
12th August 2012, 06:53 PM
Shhh, don't reveal the trade secret of 'that will do' posts! Otherwise people may realize that those are the only kind of posts I make!! :peek:

Bear
12th August 2012, 09:26 PM
I think I'll be able to get a post up tomorrow, if I'm not in meetings all day. Should be able to at least get the three of us moving toward something substantial.

DarkestLight
12th August 2012, 09:39 PM
DL babe, I'll beat you any time you want me to <3

GIGGITY!

Drago
7th March 2014, 07:16 AM
*poke*

Still interested. This'll be the last time I pester though. Honest.