PDA

View Full Version : Wait, Anvil's on TPM?!

WAR ANVIL
14th July 2012, 10:58 PM
Yo. I'm just a 17-year-old guy named Michael. I have Asperger's Syndrome, which makes me think much differently from most of my peers. It's like I'm a Mac, and everyone else is a Windows.

Anyway, outside of Pokémon (and the Nuzlocke Challenge), I like:
Video gaming in general (Sonic, Mario, Plants vs. Zombies, Spyro, Pac-Man, ToeJam & Earl, etc.)
Education (If you don't believe me, I'm in the National Honor Society.)
Reading (Pete Hautman's Rash is just awesome. Just read it.)
Helping out others (Community service, yo~)
Classical animation (Looney Tunes, Mickey Mouse and friends, etc.)
AND TOO MANY OTHER THINGS TO LIST!

I came here so that I can get together with people who share my interests, make my mark on Anime Style Battling, and...you know the drill.

BANANA SLAMMER!

Perfect Chaos
14th July 2012, 11:39 PM
Well I can see you're going to be one interesting person to get to know :yes:

Welcome to TPM!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th July 2012, 12:01 AM
Welcome, I have Asberger's too.

classy_cat18
15th July 2012, 12:10 AM
And I'm the top-ranking Aspie here. XD

So, another guy named Michael? Welcome to TPM. Follow the rules and everything will be okie-dokie.

BTW, I'm not the sunniest person here so don't be offended if it sounds like I'm about to claw out your eyes.

Drago
15th July 2012, 05:54 AM
I dig the reference. :yes:

Bear
15th July 2012, 08:03 AM
What is Assburgers? Please explain I forget :(

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th July 2012, 08:55 AM
Yes, I spelled it incorrectly. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome)

The strongest symptoms in myself are perhaps eccentric ideas and opinions (hey, let's draw a comic about my schoolmates), original performing in various situation (as not acting how most people do, I for example have posted strange messages to people on Facebook), and dedicating strongly to a special area (TPM!!!!).

Skye
15th July 2012, 09:01 AM
Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay :3

Magmar
15th July 2012, 09:19 AM
Howdy and welcome to TPM! We're all a bit ood here, so I think you'll feel just fine being yourself and having fun here.

Lady Vulpix
15th July 2012, 09:43 AM
Everyone has different thought patterns and personalities. I don't have Asperger's (at least I don't think I do), but people have often been startled by my responses and I've been called "weird" so many times that I've learnt to accept it and cherish it. It's a good thing that we're all different. Otherwise we'd live in a very dull world where lots of things would never get done because either no one would be capable of doing them or no one would want to do them.

I know little about Asperger's syndrome, and the little I know comes from interacting with several people with that condition. I haven't found a common pattern, other than all of them being very sensitive, but lots of people are sensitive, myself included. I've heard they do have a harder time than others adjusting to the way society works... which I can't say is easy for me either because I took 'original thinking' instead of 'conformity to social norms' when I was a child. ;) The people who are worth having as friends will accept you the way you are.

Oh, and welcome to TPM! :)

Asilynne
15th July 2012, 09:54 AM
Welcome to TPM "We're all mad here" hehe. Yes, I too am a bit weird due to my crazy sense of humor ;D as the people who have met me / live with me can attest to! So yeah don't feel out of sorts. Give RPG a try too while your exploring around!

mattbcl
15th July 2012, 09:59 AM
And watch out for ponies.

Perfect Chaos
15th July 2012, 10:06 AM
Oh dear God not the ponies :scared: :dead:

Asilynne
15th July 2012, 10:09 AM
You get extra newbie points if you're a brony :D

Zak
15th July 2012, 10:50 AM
Welcome. We're all nutcases here so you'll probably fit in well.

DarkestLight
15th July 2012, 10:58 AM
>.> You'll know me soon enough if yer going to be in ASB :O

Bear
15th July 2012, 11:14 AM
Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay :3

Did anyone else expect this to be a link and was very disappointed when they discovered it wasn't?

Perfect Chaos
15th July 2012, 01:40 PM
Did anyone else expect this to be a link and was very disappointed when they discovered it wasn't?

I was expecting a link to Skye's bewbs and was sorely disappointed that she was just teasing with the font color :s:

Jeff
15th July 2012, 02:24 PM
Yep, we're all a little crazy here, even though not all of us have an actual mental issue. The rest of us are just naturally weird.

Anyway, click for ponies!

Skye
15th July 2012, 02:26 PM
Sorry, boobies are for my boyfriend only. For now, just keep trying to click everything I type, ever. Maybe one day, it might work :3 One of the letters in this very statement might even be a link to something!

Knight of Time
15th July 2012, 04:38 PM
Hi, welcome to TPM.

I'm an Aspie too (not exactly something that's easy to be proud of, mind you)...anyway, if you're into forum games, I suggest trying some of the games in the GGG (Games, Games, Games!) forum, and/or the various AC/CC stuff in the subforum...either way, you can't go wrong with them.

Blademaster
16th July 2012, 03:41 PM
Another Aspie? Yeah, you'll fit in perfectly here.

Important shit to know:

1. Don't go to Fanfic without a hazmat suit.
2. Our strippers' prices are non-negotiable, so don't bother.
3. Heald's liquor stash can be found behind the fourth non-stickied topic view counter out on Misc.'s main page.

Have fun! :wave:

classy_cat18
16th July 2012, 04:12 PM
1. Don't go to Fanfic without a hazmat suit.

I'm telling mr_pikachu you said that.

Blademaster
16th July 2012, 04:17 PM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/19076334/49b9d9eb35d0f2707ff9ca4e79b43e7a_large.jpg