PDA

View Full Version : TPMers you have met IRL

Jeff
18th July 2012, 03:57 PM
Was just thinking about this and realized my list is getting pretty long, and was curious what other people's lists look like.

So here's what I can remember off the top of my head:

Asilynne
Kuro Espeon
Bear
RedStarWarrior
Mystic Clown
Magmar
Ultimate Charizard
MewtwoD2
Lady Vulpix
mr_pikachu
Becky
mattbcl
Celine (don't remember her TPM name, but she was a TPMer way back, so I'm counting it :P)

Bear
18th July 2012, 03:59 PM
Kuro Espeon (my sister so yeah)
Asilynne
Mystic_clown
Shaka
Mewtwo-D2
Heff
World Collision

Roy Karrde
18th July 2012, 04:05 PM
PoLIzumi-Chan
HomeofMe
Classy_Cat

All in order of when I met them.

Lady Vulpix
18th July 2012, 04:14 PM
Also in that order, except that the first 3 were standing next to each other when I met them:

-Avian Freeze
-Phantom of Innocence-BF
-DragonairRider (twice!)
-mr_pikachu (twice!)
-Becky (twice!)
-Asilynne
-Jeff
-mattbbcl
-Celine

Not counting Kerel because he's my brother and I met him way before he joined TPM.

I would love to add to this list. Would anyone like to come this way? Will (DragonairRider) already has.

ChobiChibi
18th July 2012, 04:28 PM
My list isn't quite as long, but I make up for that in the number of times I've seen them XP

- Samchu (4 times)
- Weasel Overlord (4 times)
- Heald
- Magmar

Rossymore
18th July 2012, 05:18 PM
So far I have yet to meet anyone from this forum, with the great intention of doing so. I'll make it happen. *shakes fist*

ChobiChibi
18th July 2012, 05:21 PM
COME TO EXPO. WE HAVE NEEERRRDDDDSSSS.

Magmar
18th July 2012, 05:24 PM
I've met Weasel Overlord, ChobiChibi, Heald, Jeff, Asilynne, Kuro Espeon, and Ultimate Charizard. :D

I AM YET TO MEET YOU ZAK. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO THE BAR.

Rossymore
18th July 2012, 05:26 PM
I WILL GO TO EXPO DEPENDING ON WHERE AND WHEN IT IS AND HOW FAR IT IS FROM WORCESTER IF IT OCCURS LATER THAN SEPTEMBER.

I have a loud voice.

ChobiChibi
18th July 2012, 05:30 PM
The weekend of the 27th of October, London! At the Excel Center. By train, you'd probably either go into Brummy and back down again. Or down to Bristol (OOOOH YEEAAAAAH) and back across.

Rossymore
18th July 2012, 05:33 PM
Bristol! That's where my Dad lives. London! That's where my mother will live soon.

27th October... hmm... Saturday... possible. Yeah, probably.

Besides, my 3DS could use a convention of sorts. It sorely misses them.

ChobiChibi
18th July 2012, 05:34 PM
... Rossy, when are you next visiting your Dad? XDD

Rossymore
18th July 2012, 05:38 PM
Perhaps the last week of July. I visit him once a fortnight usually. Specifically, he lives in Chipping Sodbury.
And I've been to Bristol many times. It's a great place, but I think I prefer Bath slightly more.

I actually applied for Bath Spa Uni... they said no.

ChobiChibi
18th July 2012, 05:44 PM
I love the name Chipping Sodbury XD I don't think I've been there though.

Bath's not that great man. I went to school there for 5 years and it's just a bit blaaah. There's so much more to do in Bristol. Also, I think I'm about to apply for Bath Spa? I can't remember, there's two Unis... Yay PGCE~

Rossymore
18th July 2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah, there's Bath Uni in the actual city and Bath Spa on the outskirts. And I suppose I just like the look of Bath more and since it's more old fashioned there's not much to do there. So Bristol is better in that regard.

Btw, Thread Hijack!

ChobiChibi
18th July 2012, 05:51 PM
*googles* I live half an hour away from Chipping Sodbury. Small world, man. Small bloody world!

But for Expo, you should "go home" for the weekend and basically spend it with Wurze and I being complete geeks. And Heald. Cos I WANT to see that Rainbow Dash cosplay, damnit!

Rossymore
18th July 2012, 05:57 PM
I think I'll do just that. But no dressing me up as a pony... please.
And yeah, you live about 10-11 miles away. We've probably seen each other on the street, but obviously didn't recognize each other. Now I do know what you look like from your, uh, April Fools picture.

:D

ChobiChibi
18th July 2012, 06:03 PM
I don't always wander around naked.

Or do I? O_o

Basically if you're bored in 2 weeks time and I'm not working, lets be nerds! :D

Perfect Chaos
18th July 2012, 09:07 PM
Someone come to India dammit

Or hopefully I can meet up with some people once I go back home to Florida after a couple of months. God knows I've been at this forums for way too long not to have met anyone yet.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/619/Untitled-1.jpg

Shadow Wolf
18th July 2012, 09:51 PM
Heh, I don't think I'll meet anyone soon.

But who knows, maybe I'll be able to once I move from here.

Drago
18th July 2012, 10:33 PM
I have met Andrew and DarkestLight. I am a perfect 2 for 2 on meeting awesome people, I dare not risk the odds by meeting another. :o

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th July 2012, 12:39 AM
I would so much like to meet every single one of you, but, on the contrary, I don't know if you'd like to meet me.

If I won the lottery, I'd arrange every TPM friend of mine a flight to Finland and we could have a huge party here.

DarkestLight
19th July 2012, 01:39 AM
Only Drago and he was awesome..especially for dealing with not as cool tired drunk DL as opposed to not tired insane drunk sketchy bar finding DL LOL

But....SOON I'll be in Australia and Holy shit I'll be like a plague there.

mattbcl
19th July 2012, 03:44 AM
In order of who I met first...

Celine (aka Wolfwings, for those wondering what her old TPM handle was!)
mr_pikachu
Becky
Lady Vulpix
Asilynne
Jeff

...and certainly wouldn't mind meeting more!

Asilynne
19th July 2012, 04:20 AM
I'm going to jack Jeff's list cause it's almost the same:

Mystic Clown - my man <3
Kuro Espeon -Best friends since HS
Bear - Sarah's brother
MewtwoD2 - Best friends since HS
PokemasterBill (think that was his name) - MewtwoD2's ex bf
Shaka - My sister
Mirawind- Don't know if she counts cause she didn't stay long but my mom lol
RedStarWarrior - TPMNoVA 2011
Magmar - Hopes and Dreams 2012
Ultimate Charizard - Hopes and Dreams 2012
Jeff - so many times I lost count, plus 2 11 hour car rides lol
Lady Vulpix - At the wedding :D
mr_pikachu - Groom
Becky - Bride
mattbcl - Also at the wedding
Celine - At the wedding
Master Rudy - ex bf
Chaos_redefined - Met when in Australia Feb 2010

I apologise if I have forgotten someone lol I feel like an Ambassador XD There are also a few more people I'd like to meet :3

Andrew
19th July 2012, 06:35 AM
I have met Tony and Gavin and Tara.

All are awesome people.

Blademaster
19th July 2012, 09:10 AM
None.

Dying alone.

Heald
19th July 2012, 09:53 AM
Wurzel, Magmar and Chobi.

I can vouch all are awesome.

Bear
19th July 2012, 10:51 AM
Blademaster lives like 20 minutes from me but refuses to meet because he's scurred of my wife.

Also forgot that I met Master Rudy as well. I COULD have met Ultimate Charizard and Magmar if Brandy didn't have her stupid Hopes and Dreams 2012 in the MIDDLE OF THE DAMN WORK WEEK.

Also DL you're in LI right? We should meet in the city sometime and bar crawl (and by bar crawl I mean get wasted at one bar so I must crawl to the train station)

Jeff
19th July 2012, 01:02 PM
I'm going to jack Jeff's list cause it's almost the same:

Mystic Clown - my man <3
Kuro Espeon -Best friends since HS
Bear - Sarah's brother
MewtwoD2 - Best friends since HS
PokemasterBill (think that was his name) - MewtwoD2's ex bf
Shaka - My sister
Mirawind- Don't know if she counts cause she didn't stay long but my mom lol
RedStarWarrior - TPMNoVA 2011
Magmar - Hopes and Dreams 2012
Ultimate Charizard - Hopes and Dreams 2012
Lady Vulpix - At the wedding :D
mr_pikachu - Groom
Becky - Bride
mattbcl - Also at the wedding
Celine - At the wedding
Master Rudy - ex bf
Chaos_redefined - Met when in Australia Feb 2010

I apologise if I have forgotten someone lol I feel like an Ambassador XD There are also a few more people I'd like to meet :3

Yeah, you did forget someone :P

Also, oh yeah, I do remember meeting M2D2 at your old apartment, I'll add her.

Greyfox
19th July 2012, 01:21 PM
I live in America's flaccid penis, so I've never met anyone... :(

Asilynne
19th July 2012, 02:07 PM
Yeah, you did forget someone :P

Also, oh yeah, I do remember meeting M2D2 at your old apartment, I'll add her.

Oh yeah you weren't on your original list duh lol omg! I'll fix it XD

Blademaster lives like 20 minutes from me but refuses to meet because he's scurred of my wife.

Also forgot that I met Master Rudy as well. I COULD have met Ultimate Charizard and Magmar if Brandy didn't have her stupid Hopes and Dreams 2012 in the MIDDLE OF THE DAMN WORK WEEK.

Also DL you're in LI right? We should meet in the city sometime and bar crawl (and by bar crawl I mean get wasted at one bar so I must crawl to the train station)

Blade needs to ride down with you sometime!

And sorry James, I'm not off weekends like normal people, else I would totes have had it on a Saturday :D If we could plan something far in advance I can see about switching with someone to have a Saturday night off :)

Also I think DL is in Montana now, wish we could hit him up in NY with a TPMEastCoast meetup :D

DarkestLight
19th July 2012, 08:30 PM
Bear: Yes, I'm in MT. :( FUCK LI. But when I get back to NY, Oh I will make a bar crawl so amazing there shall be NO NEED for crawling. The waves of fans cheering our names will carry us and thrust us into cabs-pay our fares and shuttle our drunken selves to the ends of the islands! LEGENDS WILL BE WRITTEN IN CINDER BLOCKS WITH BLOOD AND V's instead of U's so we can say WE WERE EDGY WITH POINTY POINTS! FLOCKS OF SEAGULLS WILL PHEER OUR HIPSTER BEATDOWNS AND DRINKS WILL RAIN UPON US With no money down and oh yeah free lamb and rice holy fuck I wanna be home :(

That and I get free shit when Im back in Manhattan, so yah :D And East coast TPMeetup...plan it ahead, I might pop up!

Magmar
20th July 2012, 08:33 AM
TPMTē: The PokeMasters Take Manhattan sounds like a pretty fun adventure!

Bear
20th July 2012, 11:03 AM
Except I loathe NYC...so expensive

Heald
20th July 2012, 11:27 AM
More like Jew York amiriteguyz

DarkestLight
20th July 2012, 06:59 PM
o.O Only expensive if you don't know the right people. i SERIOUSLY SAVED SOO much money in NYC x_x

shazza
21st July 2012, 01:11 AM
:(

(You should have included the question who you would like to meet)

Andrew
21st July 2012, 07:09 AM
Shazza, who would YOU like to meet?

Bear
21st July 2012, 08:06 AM
people I'd like to meet:

Andrew (as long as he promises not to touch my penis (when my wife is around))
shazza
Heald
Blademaster
DL
ChobiChibi
Gavin Luper

actually pretty much anyone not named Dark Sage

ChobiChibi
21st July 2012, 09:05 AM
Shannon, I wanna meet you dressed as Charlie Chaplin.

Zak
23rd July 2012, 02:52 AM
Magmar hit me up if you are in the Amherst/Noho area! Somehow I have the feeling that Northampton is your city... ;)

Where was I when all of you had these meetings? Last time I met ANYONE from TPM was in like 2004.

Oh and lets see... I don't think anyone from that list really posts here anymore except maybe TML.

-The_Missing_Link
-Aglandiir
-Virtual Play
-EVme15
-VaporeAct (her brother, he didn't post much on TPM but from what I remember he made a spectacle of himself in "ummmm")
-Phantom of Innocence/BlastoiseFan
-Art589/Frost Phoenix/Avian Freeze
-Dragonair Rider

Somehow I have a feeling I'm forgetting someone, those years were a blur. Funny thing is ironically back then I remember people on here used to make fun of me for being the one with the long list, lol. Also Blademaster didn't you meet Houndoom Lover?

Blademaster
23rd July 2012, 04:57 PM
Yes, I did.

Magmar
23rd July 2012, 06:32 PM
how did that go? where's she been?

shazza
24th July 2012, 12:28 AM
It'd be easier for me to list the people I don't really care about meeting. I've had times in Australia to meet certain individuals but my then crippling anxiety prevented me from doing so.

classy_cat18
24th July 2012, 01:48 AM
I've only met mr_pikachu and Roy Karrde, in that order. Too bad homeofmew wasn't at this year's A-Kon. I would like to meet the UK gang.

shazza
24th July 2012, 02:29 AM
Unfortunately I wouldn't get any benefit from meeting homeofmew. Temporary entertainment, perhaps.

ChobiChibi
24th July 2012, 05:53 AM
This member of the UK gang would love to meet you also :D

I'm gonna be the new homeofmew. I'm buying a Pikachu onesie for the next expo >>

Blademaster
24th July 2012, 01:48 PM
how did that go? where's she been?

Well. And I don't know. Respectively.

Telume
24th July 2012, 10:11 PM
I live in America's flaccid penis, so I've never met anyone... :(

Dude, I live in Miami, we should totally meet half-way lololol.

There needs to be a TPM meet-up in Miami Beach like NOW >O

DarkestLight
25th July 2012, 08:36 AM
..>.> Miami always gets me sooo drunk and then I end up waking up in a room with naked chicks x_X Happened 4 times now...so weird. AND no, they aren't Everglade creatures either, like the sexy Miami Beach ones most men fantasize about wants. [Edited by Brandy:p]

I REALLY need to remember what club and drinks I order so I can patent the combo, sell the book and make millions!

Lady Vulpix
25th July 2012, 10:01 AM
Miami doesn't get you drunk. Alcohol does. And only if you introduce it into your body.

DarkestLight
25th July 2012, 12:23 PM
You madam, never have been drunk off a city then.

Jeff
25th July 2012, 05:02 PM
I'm in Orlando until Saturday morning. Miami is still quite a hike away.

homeofmew
4th August 2012, 03:26 PM
Roy Karrde
Water Pokemon Master

No Entertainment in meeting me?
Meh whatever :b

Asilynne
7th August 2012, 01:15 AM
As Jeff pointed out on facebook, August 6th is the one year anniversary of the first official TPMNoVA!! We will have to plan an anniversary get together very soon, though since I'm losing my mind planning for the wedding it may have to come afterwards unless someone wants to organise this years :)

Zak
7th August 2012, 10:23 PM
Roy Karrde
Water Pokemon Master

No Entertainment in meeting me?
Meh whatever :b

Yeah except I remember that when you met WPM, you bragged about meeting him like it was some kind of trophy knowing how famous he was on here and even were quick to make a topic posting a picture with him (which he later claimed you did without his permission which is rather rude), which at first made it seem like you enjoyed it, but then proceeded to badmouth him in a clearly exaggerating way just as a way to impress/get a rise out of everyone on this board.
I know it is WPM and all, but that kind of obnoxious behavior doesn't exactly earn you any brownie points yourself or make you seem desirable to meet, just saying.

Katie
7th August 2012, 10:29 PM
No one :( That's ok I've got like 4 of you on Facebook, that's basically IRL for me these days. :)

The_Missing_Link
7th August 2012, 11:06 PM
Oh Katie, I'd like to meet you and your houdini dog but Texas is too far away

Drago
8th August 2012, 04:50 AM
Yeah except I remember that when you met WPM, you bragged about meeting him like it was some kind of trophy knowing how famous he was on here and even were quick to make a topic posting a picture with him (which he later claimed you did without his permission which is rather rude), which at first made it seem like you enjoyed it, but then proceeded to badmouth him in a clearly exaggerating way just as a way to impress/get a rise out of everyone on this board.
I know it is WPM and all, but that kind of obnoxious behavior doesn't exactly earn you any brownie points yourself or make you seem desirable to meet, just saying.
That thread was full of entertainment. That alone made the meeting worthwhile. :D

Blademaster
8th August 2012, 01:09 PM
Is this thread still around, by any chance...?

Drago
8th August 2012, 06:02 PM
Are you not entertained? (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17510)

ChobiChibi
8th August 2012, 06:37 PM
Does this thread ever end?!

In other news, I have WPM on my AIM list... And I have no idea why? I remember having one conversation with him, where I was trying to irritate him, but I never spoke to him on the boards. Ever. So why would I do that? O_o

I want MLG to hurry up and visit England again. COS HE PROMISED.

Zak
8th August 2012, 06:52 PM
That thread was full of entertainment. That alone made the meeting worthwhile. :D

Oh, of course it was, never denied that.

But still, 'worthwhile' to book front row seats to a thread about meeting Tina/her meeting someone, is a whole different thing than the 'worthwhile' of actually meeting her yourself.

EDIT: Wow, just read through the thread, I can't say I remember participating nearly as much as I did in it. haha

The_Missing_Link
8th August 2012, 08:21 PM
Man, that thread is only four years old but there was so much petty, childish behavior going on

Definitely was entertaining though

Blademaster
8th August 2012, 11:31 PM
Are you not entertained? (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17510)

Kthnx.

Or, "I'm sure her special attack base power is awesome now she's a Gastly"

Did she Pika Pika when she accepted? I hope she did.

Satire Topic Help
If someone shot a 23 year old woman in a Pikachu outfit, I'd shit my pants laughing.

Especially if the bullet bounces off her costume, yet hits WPM in the face. (Sorry for the edit, but WPM posted and that's all I needed to see before I added this, since he's a tool)

http://789chan.org/L/src/133554298167.gif

My fucking sides hurt.

Heald
9th August 2012, 04:13 AM
The Satire topic was one of the funniest threads of all time.

Also, remember when we all went around with anti-WPM logos in our Avatars? I think a few people even kept them a few years after WPM stopped being active.

Andrew
9th August 2012, 06:17 AM
I wonder what WPM is doing now?

Probably his Pikachu plushie.

Blademaster
9th August 2012, 02:15 PM
Oh Andrew~