PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Pokemon cry

Drago
26th July 2012, 05:15 AM
Yes, this is an odd thing to discuss, but in these dismal days, one does one's best. Anyhow, what is your favourite Pokemon cry, and why oh why?

For a long time, my favourite belonged to Cubone. For a simple Game Boy sound effect, it seemed really appropriate for the little critter: it was kind of sad, and kind of cute.
sBW_TQ1Qed0

I also like Hariyama's, because if you listen to it closely, it actually sounds like it's saying Hariyama - a first for a Pokemon cry, excluding the Yellow version's Pikachu.

Magmar
26th July 2012, 06:56 AM
Rattata... I don't know why but Rattata it is, the noise was just kind of silly

Weasel Overlord
26th July 2012, 01:11 PM
I can't remember many of them, but oh my god, definitely Finneon/Lumineon! IT SOUNDS SO CUTE AND ETHEREAL! And actually like a creature rather than those usual weird grating sounds.

Blademaster
26th July 2012, 04:59 PM
Kricketune, without a doubt. It's the only Pokemon cry that I actually committed enough to to actually onomatopoeia it.

"DEEDEEDELELELE-WhooOOOOOIIIiii!"

Telume
26th July 2012, 10:29 PM
Arcanine.

And also Froslass, 'cause it sounds so somber and cute.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th July 2012, 05:21 AM
I really don't know. My favourite Articuno sounded like a badly-tuned violin according to my first love.

On the anime department, however, Psyduck is the ultimate number one! Psyi! Psyi! Psyiyiyi! Also liked Bulbasaur's lullaby. Better than Jigglypuff!

Magmar
27th July 2012, 10:04 AM
Aww, if anime counts, Butterfree was totally awesome. It was all like EEEEAT MEEEEEE.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
28th July 2012, 02:21 AM
My favorite Pokémon cry is Hypno's. It's kinda sticking out.

1xmf4jaId48.

Oslo
4th August 2012, 04:19 PM
Chimchar ftw!

Actually, that whole evolution line has pretty awesome cries. As much as I heart old school Pokemon, the technical limitations made the cries kinda redundant and unimaginative. :/

Blademaster
4th August 2012, 04:38 PM
You say "technical limitations" like it's a bad thing. Ain't you ever heard of chiptunes?

Oslo
4th August 2012, 05:24 PM
You say "technical limitations" like it's a bad thing. Ain't you ever heard of chiptunes?

I adore chiptunes. Much of the fun of replaying old Pokemon games come from the music. The Gen I cries, though, were kind of repetitive. I mean this quite literally: for 151 Pokemon, there were only 37 unique cries that were subtly tweaked in pitch and speed for each species. Some Pokemon (Charizard/Rhyhorn and Poliwag/Ditto) have completely identical cries. That's why I prefer the later generation cries, which are more diverse.

(But all that said, Mewtwo has the best cry after the Chimchar line IMO. You can tell it's epic just by listening to it shriek.)

CaptainJigglypuff
5th August 2012, 06:39 AM
I like several of the cries but I'd say my favorite is Giratina. It sounds sort of creepy and like it was watching you appropriately from the shadows! Jigglypuff has a special place in my heart as that is my ALL time favorite Pokemon!