PDA

View Full Version : The Virtual Universe

shazza
31st July 2012, 10:12 AM
http://internet-map.net

Serebii.net and Bulbagarden exist in The Virtual Universe. But The Pokemasters does not. Why is this? Do we even exist?

Knight of Time
31st July 2012, 11:44 AM
Maybe the websites have to "exist" to this guy before the website can find them if they were looked up there...as ridiculous as it may sound, I think this guy's got more exploring to do, which hopefully will include TPM someday.

shazza
31st July 2012, 12:21 PM
I presume there's a popularity threshold that must be reached; TPM does not make it past that threshold.

Magmar
31st July 2012, 01:51 PM
The National Hurricane Center doesn't even meet the threshold, and its pretty vital to just about anyone in the (Northern Hemisphere) West!

Blademaster
31st July 2012, 02:01 PM
Just eyeballing here, but if the largest sites there were scaled out, Google would be about the size of the Earth, Facebook would be about Venus' size, and Yahoo! and Youtube would both be even bigger than Mars. Wikipedia in its entirety is one of about a dozen sites that would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 'Moon-sized.'

For the sake of comparison, 4chan in its entirety would be smaller than Alaska.

TPM probably wouldn't even fill a standard city block.

Bear
31st July 2012, 06:28 PM
must be based on hits. Smogon is on the map too lol.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th August 2012, 04:35 AM
I recall someone saying TPM has like 8 active users. I wonder who those 8 are.

Lady Vulpix
14th August 2012, 01:22 PM
I don't know, I suppose they would be among the members who have logged in today:

Andrew
Ash0011
Asilynne
Ayeun
Bear
BTPoke
Cferra
chaos_redefined
Charles Legend
ChobiChibi
Chris 2.1
classy_cat18
Dark Sage
DarkestLight
DivineAll
DragoKnight
Fett One
Gavin Luper
Gigya
Heald
Hypotenuse Man
izak9429
Jeff
Knight of Time
kurai
Lady Vulpix
lvl100mewtwo
mattbcl
Mikachu Yukitatsu
Mike Mysterio
MToolen
Oslo
Perfect Chaos
Pokemaster Ash
Poryhedron
RaZoR LeAf
Rebecca Chambers
Rossymore
Roy Karrde
Samchu
Shadow Wolf
shazza
Skye
Ultimate Charizard
Underscore
Wolfsong
woz
Zak

...Or maybe even the ones who have posted today?

Andrew
Ash0011
Asilynne
Ayeun
BTPoke
chaos_redefined
ChobiChibi
Chris 2.1
Dark Sage
DarkestLight
DragoKnight
Gavin Luper
Heald
Jeff
Knight of Time
Lady Vulpix
lvl100mewtwo
Mikachu Yukitatsu
Oslo
Perfect Chaos
Rossymore
Roy Karrde
shazza
Skye
Underscore

Even restricting "activity" to the people who have posted today gives us 25 different members. :rolleyes:

Blademaster
14th August 2012, 02:50 PM
Excuse me but where the fuck is my name? :mad:

Rossymore
14th August 2012, 03:10 PM
Well I suppose on average, there are eight members logged in at the same time... possibly. All I know is I usually have a tab to this place open, being one of two forums I actually post in.

And besides, we have a fairly sizeable amount of consistently active members, so we're quite a close knit community, ESPECIALLY those that have been here for... well... over a freaking decade, that also welcomes newer members in easily enough.

DarkestLight
14th August 2012, 07:53 PM
Get off invisible Blade, and your name would be there. :/
That, or she compiled the list from earlier before you logged on?

Lady Vulpix
15th August 2012, 03:20 PM
I did it before he logged in. And I wanted to go to the extreme and only considered those who had logged in on that same day, just to prove the point that there were far more than 8 active members. I'm not saying that anyone who logged in later or just wasn't online on that day isn't active on TPM.

Cferra
15th August 2012, 04:52 PM
Thatguywiththeglasses was pretty easy to find and was right next to cinemassacre. This is a pretty neat find.