PDA

View Full Version : Back with a Doctorate

Becky
6th August 2012, 11:02 PM
Hi, everyone! I am back on TPM. I had commencement on Saturday, August 4, where I was hooded as a Doctor by my advisor in the Eliott Hall of Music. At Purdue University. It was such a special moment in my life and Brian and several members of our families came to the occasion.

Needless to say, between the honeymoon, traveling to visit relatives, and completing and defending the dissertation culminated to a busy few months with little room for other a it items. I'm excited to be back more often. In particular, I'm looking forward to catching up on the fanfiction section and perhaps posting sketches.

Brian and I received Brandy and Ben's invite today and we are excited to come! Props on the creative design. It is great. I cannot wait for your wedding!!!

mattbcl
6th August 2012, 11:10 PM
Welcome back, Dr. Becky!

We've all been anticipating your / Brian's return to the site, and it's good to see you around here again. *reads more of your post* ...Fanfiction? Oh god... *runs off to type frantically*

We also got our invite to Ben and Brandy's wedding - no joke on the creativity, that thing is awesome! Elicited the phrase "This is so cuuute!" several times over. Exciting times.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
6th August 2012, 11:57 PM
Congratulations and Welcome Back!

Asilynne
7th August 2012, 01:13 AM
Congrats!!!! That's amazing :) Now you can relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor lol

Yay I'm glad you guys got it!! I can't wait to see you all there :3 Glad you approve of the design too, Ben designed it himself :D The man's got skillz lol

Blademaster
7th August 2012, 02:07 PM
Creative invitation? What now?

Knight of Time
7th August 2012, 02:18 PM
Congratulations! Mind if I call you Doctress Becky?

Lady Vulpix
7th August 2012, 02:33 PM
I saw the title and thought it had to be you. Congratulations, Becky! And welcome back!

I'm really glad so many good things are happening in your life, and I'm sure you worked hard to earn them. :)

I hope I can say the same in a year's time... except that knowing myself it's more likely to be "still here, but now with a doctorate". Nothing can keep me away from TPM for too long. ;)

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
7th August 2012, 04:08 PM
Welcome back and congratulations, well done indeed!

Cferra
7th August 2012, 04:39 PM
Congrats, Dr. Becky! I shall give you the corner office you've always wanted. =D Also, welcome back!

RedStarWarrior
8th August 2012, 06:23 AM
I really need to go back to school.

Congrats, Doc Becky!