PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th August 2012, 09:29 AM
When it comes to TPM, because shazza said I've... oops can I mention what is said in Mt. Moon.

Okay, let's cut the opening and just say I encouraged myself to post some Misc threads. Wanted or not.

Here's the first one. Is Karaoke popular where you live? When did the boom start? What do you think of it? Here in Finland karaoke has found its way to bars and other place where people gather, like Mielikkitalo. It's even a bit annoying because we were used to silence before.

Do you like to sing karaoke? What songs have you sung? Are there pieces you'd like to find as karaoke but they don't make ones or perhaps they aren't available in your country. I'd sing more Heavy Metal but for one thing, I'm afraid it would scare people off the places I visit and for second thing, the selection isn't 'good' enough. But I'm glad I can sing Iron Maiden's Ace's High at times. And then there's my passion for anime music, and I have even made some karaoke AMVs for my own use.

Please post here. I must go to eat now.

Magmar
4th September 2012, 06:06 PM
Hey Mikael!

Yes, karaoke is pretty popular where I am. I have a couple friends who regularly win karaoke contests... yeah I feel awesome being in their company XD

As for me... I'll sing just about anything. Some TPM members got to watch me botch a Jimmy Eat World song. I'm not a singer but I'm of the firm belief that karaoke is meant to be imperfect.

My favorite gay karaoke night had its final event last night :(

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th September 2012, 10:30 PM
Recently, Mielikkitalo limited the Karaoke usage...

Good old silence returned.

I performed this in front of a large audience a week ago, by the way.

QEekU065iw0

shazza
4th September 2012, 10:33 PM
You should video yourself on karaoke!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th September 2012, 10:41 PM
That's actually a good idea! Do you mind if I sing Lai Lai Hei? I'll also have to ask permission from Mielikkitalo to film a Youtube video there.

shazza
5th September 2012, 10:14 AM
You may sing whatever your heart desires, my old friend.

Dark Sage
5th September 2012, 10:24 AM
I love karaoke, when I have time for it. I once won a karaoke contest by singing American Pie (the whole thing).

Having said that, I don't have time for it often, and seeing as they usually have them in bars (places I don't go to often because I don't drink) I haven't done it in a long time.

Maybe I can look into it sometime when I have a day off...

Blademaster
5th September 2012, 11:38 PM
I love karaoke, when I have time for it. I once won a karaoke contest by singing American Pie (the whole thing).

Youtube now plz.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
6th September 2012, 10:57 PM
Sorry for the occasionally bad sound quality.

lfIQ-bz405Y

rU3uaggOjPo

DarkestLight
7th September 2012, 10:54 PM
Sittin' on the dock of the Bay is a favorite of mine.

Dark Sage
12th September 2012, 06:09 AM
Youtube now plz.

I'm afraid no-one in the bar I was at had a video camera, so you're just gonna have to take my word on it...

Besides, I really don't like posting what I do for the whole world to see. Once you put something on YouTube, you can never get rid of it.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
13th September 2012, 03:13 AM
You could have hidden it. That is what I did. Videos like that don't show up in searches. Only those with the url can find them.

Dark Sage
13th September 2012, 03:25 PM
Well, I don't care if Blade believes me or not.

Besides, it was eight years ago, if I'm not mistaken.