PDA

View Full Version : Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54

Drago
3rd September 2012, 10:35 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/03/showbiz/michael-clarke-duncan/index.html

Michael Clarke Duncan, nominated for an Academy Award for his role in the 1999 film "The Green Mile," died Monday morning at age 54, according to a representative for his family.
Duncan "suffered a myocardial infarction on July 13 and never fully recovered," a written statement from Joy Fehily said.
Clarke died at a Los Angeles hospital where he had been since having the heart attack more than seven weeks ago.
I am majorly bummed. He seemed like a really cool dude, and obviously, he died way too young. My favourite little MCD factoid was that, early on in his career, he would give five dollars to anyone who recognised him in the street and was able to correctly remember his name.

What an awesome guy. R.I.P. big fella.

Blademaster
4th September 2012, 02:54 AM
...This was legit?

.......Well, fuck. Now I'm gonna be depressed for the rest of the night. :(

Perfect Chaos
4th September 2012, 04:09 AM
Cripes what the hell is going on nowadays...we're losing stars left, right and sideways

R.I.P. to the big guy, you'll always live on as a badass in my mind.

Telume
9th September 2012, 05:14 AM
I actually liked him in The Scorpion King AND Armageddon. Even if the movie was bad, he always gave a good performance.

CaptainJigglypuff
20th September 2012, 09:25 AM
I think he was a great actor and it's sad he died. And also ironic that Omarosa can be seen a bit as a hero for a brief moment since we ALL know her as being more of a villian. On a sidenote, I'm actually surprised that Zsa Zsa Gabor is STILL alive even though she is doing rather poorly. I mean two years ago she fell and broke her hip, had her leg amputated, caught pnemonia, and was in a coma. She was SO bad that they performed last rites on her and somehow she still is breathing. Don't get me wrong or anything, I think it's great she is stil;l alive at 95 and all but the medical issues she had would have killed ANYONE her age if they got only ONE of them. It seems like a medical miracle that she survived such serious afflictions only a mere two years ago!

Nall
20th September 2012, 05:06 PM
He will forever be the best part of the otherwise-lame Daredevil movie in my eyes.

I don't think anyone else could have filled the Kingpin's shoes. Literally.

Dark Sage
20th September 2012, 05:19 PM
The Kingpin was a very hard role to fill, and he didn't do a half-bad job.

He may have been in a lot of bad movies, but he was a darn good actor. I'm gonna miss him.