PDA

View Full Version : Wish Upon A Star Shape

Hanada Tattsu
4th May 2003, 11:23 AM
This episode was an okay filler, you can see that the writers were trying to convey another exciting space episode, and you can say that they succeeded.

Cleffa was an okay Pokemon, I think they should have made a bigger deal of it evolving into Clefairy, but oh well. I'm glad we saw the Clefairy spaceship again, and this episode also did convey some great character development for Phanpy, so I'm happy.

The PMC were annoying, but then again, I do wish that they had Pokemon instead of their gadgets.

Team Rocket were killer in this episode.

I'll give it a 7/10.

Bacl
4th May 2003, 11:38 AM
I always have a real problem when an episode uses about 70% of its time with Team Rocket, or in this case the PMC, using Power Ranger/Voltron/etc style "gadgets" instead of Pokemon.

Instead of a giant robot I'd like to see Pokemon battles. And not just the kind where Jessie chooses Arbok, but one single tackle attack knocks it out cold.

That having been said, this episode was so-so. Cute stuff with the Cleffa and the Phanpy, but what are they getting at? Clefairy are outer space Pokemon? Haven't we heard that before?

It costs the exact same to make a great episode of a cartoon show as it does to stamp out some filler. Special effects, scenary, sets, props, none of that has a price in a cartoon. They can do anything the writers imagination lets them. So why do we get incredible Pokemon episodes only as bookends for what everyone keeps calling "filler"?

Was this episode bad? Not at all.

Was this episode great? Not by a long shot.

Entropy
4th May 2003, 07:18 PM
It was a good episode, given what it was. I watch saturday episodes of Pokemob very sporiadically so I don't recognize patterns or anything. I mean, I got surprised when I saw that Ash got Phanpy, whatever that is.

It was alright altogether, but the original 'Clefairy in Spaceship' episode was better. The PMC were cool and would have probably succeeded if it weren't for the twerps.

I give it 3 quarters out of 4 quarters.

Ellimist
4th May 2003, 07:44 PM
I liked it. I've been waiting to see Cleffa for a really long time :)

Glad to see more Clefairy ^^

[attachment deleted by admin]

ILikePokemonP
4th May 2003, 08:09 PM
What has that picture go to do with anything? A cleffa come out of you GBA SP and transformed into a dog :o

Pidgeot018
4th May 2003, 08:44 PM
I liked how the episode was about Phanpy, but more could have been shown about it's friendship with Cleffa. The last segment (Snorlax's crop circles) wasn't really connected with the episode, but I kind of liked it. It would be a cool PokéRap/Jukebox/Kareokémon replacement if the episode ended with with a PMC POkémon Mystery.

Nikku-San
5th May 2003, 12:49 AM
I only got to see bits and pieces while getting dressed and ready for a family reunion. The episode was so-so. It was nice to see Phanpy making a friend and nice to see some old characters again (even in they are Pokemon). But it seems like now days old characters are just something they use when they run out of ideas for new one-time characters. Needless to say, we will never see the PMC again, especially now that Ash is in Hoenn... From what I saw of it, it was a pretty cute episode. I give it 3 out of 5. As for the family reunion... don't ask.

Hanada Tattsu
5th May 2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by ILikePokemon:P
What has that picture go to do with anything? A cleffa come out of you GBA SP and transformed into a dog :o

LOL, either that or a Growlithe or Houndour came out of the SP, but that's highly unlikely.