PDA

View Full Version : Unreasonable house guests

ChobiChibi
6th September 2012, 05:19 PM
Have you ever had someone staying in your home that's just the most unreasonable person ever?

We've got someone staying this week who has just tipped me over the edge of understanding now.

A concise list of things she's done:
- Broken the shower, didn't tell anyone she had, then pretty much refused to pay for it (although she is now)
- Taken DVDs without asking
- Eaten my food
- Been through stuff in my room
- Borrowed my clothes without asking

The thing is, I don't even really know her, so it makes these things even worse. She's not exactly left the best impression on me.

Anyone else had shitty house guests?

Dark Sage
6th September 2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I had one like you just described.

After two days of it, I kicked him out and told him to find another place to stay. I wasn't about to let a big freeloader take advantage of me.

Telume
6th September 2012, 05:33 PM
Yup, definitely.

Made me do a lot of work I didn't need to, treated me like crap.

(Even made me unclog the toilet after HE clogged it in the first place)

He was taking advantage of the fact he was my dad's friend.

Thankfully my dad didn't have to kick him out, our landlord bitched and he left on his own.

mattbcl
6th September 2012, 06:44 PM
Totally. He ate my food, always went out to eat and never treated me to anything (said he didn't have the money, which was a total lie), didn't pay rent for the 3 months he lived here, constantly maxed my wireless capacity and my air conditioning, just about drove me broke during one of the biggest money-making times of the year. I threatened to boot him if he didn't find a job, which he did, but then bailed on and moved out pretty much the same day.

I brought the issue to his mom, who was flabbergasted - he'd told her I was letting him stay here rent-free. I set the record straight and cut him off for half a year, no contact whatsoever. We reacquainted after a while, but we have never been nearly as close since. I haven't seen him for a couple months, and I don't miss his company.

Heald
7th September 2012, 03:50 AM
I had an unreasonable housemate. Amongst dozens of infractions, he shat on the toilet floor.

Yes, he actually laid a shit on the toilet floor.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th September 2012, 03:53 AM
I have been lucky if you don't count those who play my videogames through and spoil everything for me. The problem you have if you suck at videogames but enjoy playing them on your own.

Rossymore
7th September 2012, 04:16 AM
Well, in two weeks time I'll be living with five other housemates.

This thread is bad for me to read.

ChobiChibi
7th September 2012, 05:56 AM
It's a little bit different when you're in halls. You can report broken things and they'll come and fix it for you.

But that doesn't excuse the behaviour of people you might meet though XD

Matt (or Mary, as my phone corrected to), I remember this guy you speak of. I hate moochers so much.

Don't get me started on housemates. Guys are actually worse than girls I've discovered. There's also the story of the guy who drank too much absinthe, got the shits, missed the toilet so smeared it all up the walls. He denies it, people saw this happen >>

Magmar
7th September 2012, 09:24 AM
my roommate has this really awful habit of collecting emo, handsome straight boys who tend to be just horrible human beings and keeping them around so he can talk to them about the kinsey scale and try to squeeze the tiniest bit of gay out of them so he can try to hook up/cuddle with them.

there was this one guy.... who we used to call melvin. after many, many unappreciated overstayed visits where he'd hog the TV, play video games all day, not shower and just kind of smell and be emo/annoying/on facebook on phone looking at pictures of exes and whining instead of holding a conversation over and over, he had the nerve one night to bring over this girl who, while she's sweet and was invited, he wasn't, and sleep with her in our disgusting basement. he came uninvited, even though he has his own apartment, and well, i was awake and kind of tipsy and was playing mario kart with my friend and we just heard this Toad-like noise coming from the basement. the girl that we call molly out of endearment was being banged by melvin in the basement. henceforth, he was referred to as nephlite.

sailor moon nerds, please lol at this

DarkestLight
7th September 2012, 10:52 PM
lol wow. It took me about .0000000000000000000000004 seconds to get the joke ROTF

Creme of the cake: was he a ginger? XD

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th September 2012, 11:40 PM
melvin.

UMINO!!

Magmar
8th September 2012, 09:40 AM
He looks way more like Melvin than Nephlite, but acts as creepy as the sailor moon abridged Nephlite. SPEAKING OF, WHEN ARE THEY COMING OUT WITH THE FINAL EPISODE.

The irony behind all of this was, they were both independently known as Molly and Melvin for various degrees of reasoning ("Molly" has the Molly voice... Melvin is annoying and at the time wouldn't go away) and we were at a party all day where they both showed up. We were making jokes amongst ourselves about Molly and Melvin banging.. BUT THEN HE TOOK HER TO THE BASEMENT XD our basement smells like 1945 and is dustier than Betty White's muffin ;) and he knew that cuz unfortunately that's where I have to go in the house to play my bass, Molly did not have a clue :rolleyes:

ChobiChibi
8th September 2012, 12:08 PM
The girl left today. I'm so much happier now she's gone.

I think she left a load of hair down the toilet today. Fuck knows why. That's what bins are for...

DarkestLight
8th September 2012, 12:32 PM
She was drained by the Negaverse and Melvin took advantage lol

Blademaster
9th September 2012, 12:28 AM
My parents are unreasonable roommates, honestly. One of them is on the living room couch eating all the food whenever he's not at work and the other never shuts up and is an emotional Holocauster roller coaster as soon as her crosshairs detect my presence. :sweat:

shazza
9th September 2012, 04:40 AM
I woke up at 7am this morning, still half drunk. to notice that the fucked up couple from ketamine on a mattress in my room having sex. :/

firepokemon
9th September 2012, 07:18 AM
I woke up to discover my bumhole was enjoying an unreasonable bum guest.

Magmar
10th September 2012, 09:21 PM
I woke up to discover my bumhole was enjoying an unreasonable bum guest.

Wild DIGLETT appeared!

Nall
15th September 2012, 10:10 PM
When I was a kid, my uncle lived in our garage for a few months. He would come inside when nobody was home, take bites out of the food, and put it back.

They kept blaming it on me until someone caught him in the act :(

Becky
16th September 2012, 06:27 PM
I haven't had many bad experiences with house guests. If anything, possibly the biggest challenge was learning to live with Brian when we moved in together a few years ago. This isn't a knock on him. It's just getting used to living with another person's habits, things they like and don't like, learning to share, and so on.

I am just a neat freak, so when I do have guests over, I have a compulsion to put everything back in its place if something gets moved.

Have you ever looked back at times and thought "Man, I was a really crappy guest?" I can't help but wonder sometimes if I've ever left that impression on someone. And I'm sure when I was a kid staying over at friend's houses, I was probably a terror. ^_^;;