PDA

View Full Version : Games/Consoles You Never Got

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th September 2012, 06:32 AM
TPMers, have you missed any consoles and games? :( I mean, was there any game you wanted so much but could never have. And please, don't say you play ROMs or pirated ones, although at times those may be hard to find as well.

For me, I'd like to start with these:

While I grew my early days of gaming with NES, on the contrary, I have barely touched Super Nintendo Entertainment System in my life. A logical game to play with it would be Super Mario World, which I believe I have never tried.

Why not Sega Saturn? I had a couple of friends who had ones when I was like 12, and I would have wanted one as well, but no, we bought Sony. Well, of course we couldn't use all our money on multiple consoles back there but anyway.

Then there was the revolutionary Sega Dreamcast with its release date game Sonic Adventure. Although I am more of a Mario guy myself, I'd like to get my hands to this token of Sega's last breath in its own console front, too.

Many fans claim Final Fantasy VI was the best game in the series with its ultimate evil Kefka in it, but I think I have never seen this beauty anywhere.

Lastly, I'd like to list some old Playstation games I had as a kid, and they are much less-known than the classics I mentioned above. I want them back so bad!

Abe's Exoddus (perhaps this was easier than its predecessor where I saved MORE than 99 Mudokons but still)
Future Cop L.A.P.D. (a big fun in two-player mode)
Quake II (the only shoot 'em up I can play because its controls suit me, plus, memorized its levels quite well)
Kula World (a Swedish puzzle game)

Blademaster
14th September 2012, 06:12 PM
I never had a PS1 or PS2. One of my biggest regrets was being so single-minded in terms of video games as a kid.

Anthony
22nd September 2012, 01:17 AM
I also have not PS2 or PS3 but now i am thinking to purchase one because of these games actually i like to play games and this is my favorite hobby to time pass games are provides us a great fun....

CaptainJigglypuff
22nd September 2012, 04:03 PM
For a couple of years, I kept asking for a Sega Genisis for Christmas and never got it.

CuteLassJigglypuff
23rd September 2012, 08:56 AM
I remembered asking for a Sega CD but I never got one.

Andrew
23rd September 2012, 03:25 PM
I always wanted a Super Nintendo but we never got one.

Went from NES to N64.

Played a bit on them thanks to friends.

Blademaster
23rd September 2012, 07:58 PM
I remembered asking for a Sega CD but I never got one.

Your parents were doing you a favor. :ninja:

firepokemon
23rd September 2012, 09:03 PM
Not really. At 16 I asked for a gameboy which I didn't get. But Nintendo were never huge here when I was a kid. Sega was but i didn't expect one or even want one. We were rather late to computers too besides the Atari and 64 games in 1 systems.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th October 2012, 03:21 AM
I just received Quake II ordered via internet. Brings back memories.

PNT510
16th November 2012, 05:34 PM
I always had a system growing up. NES, Genesis, PSX, and then PS2. I always wanted the old systems back. Because it was like here's your new PS1 with a demo disc now you have to give your Genesis and 20 games to your cousins.

Drago
17th November 2012, 03:38 AM
After owning and enjoying PS1 and PS2, I took a generation off from Sony because I simply couldn't afford a PS3. The alternative, the Xbox 360, was much cheaper, and featured largely the same games catalogue. Plus, more friends owned a 360, so it made sense to opt in that direction.

Unfortunately, the 360 never quite gelled with me: the exclusives didn't quite catch my fancy, and I don't like the controller. It's actually the first console I've ever traded in. Next gen, I go back to my familiar duo of Nintendo and Sony, I think.

MToolen
17th November 2012, 09:18 AM
My brother's really the hardcore gamer; I had played quite a bit on his 360, but opted to get a Wii for my house when I married (more casual-friendly, less expensive, and slightly less addictable). As such, I still do pine for some titles (Skyrim, for instance).

My Steam wishlist is full of titles that I never got the chance (or never had the hardware) to play: BioShock, Mass Effect, etc.

But my biggest regret in gaming has to be not jumping on Minecraft before it broke out of beta. My brother and my father-in-law both offered to gift it for me, but I waited too long. Again, with wanting to limit my time on sprawling, addictive games, perhaps it's for the best.

BTPoke
18th November 2012, 08:30 AM
I never got to play the earthbound series. And by that, I mean I've never played ANY of the "Mother" games. Not 1, not 2, not 3. I know that only Mother 2(a.k.a. "Earthbound") was available in the states (I think. My knowledge is next to crap on that), so that doesn't help anything.

I never got to play cave story, before. I know you can get that in the 3DS shop, now, but I for some reason cba to add more funds to my account on there.

The only Gen. 1 game I ever got was Pokemon Yellow, and I never got past the first gym. That was when I was a kid and, sadly, I lost it, so I never got to complete it.(sadface)

RedStarWarrior
2nd December 2012, 06:56 PM
I have owned every system released since Pong.

As far as games, if I'm interested, I simply buy it. I guess my greatest regret is not getting the collector's or special edition of games because they don't seem interesting at first.

Blademaster
3rd December 2012, 11:41 PM

An EXTREMELY bold claim.

Even the worst ones? The Virtual Boy? Atari Jaguar? SEGA 32X?

classy_cat18
3rd December 2012, 11:55 PM

...Even the CD-i?

RedStarWarrior
4th December 2012, 07:47 AM
Yes. :(

Virtual Boy gave me headaches.

Also, my favorite handheld was Sega GameGear. Ahead of its time!

Blademaster
4th December 2012, 05:34 PM
Holy shit...

OK, Hard Mode engaged: Did you ever have an ODYSSEY?

RedStarWarrior
4th December 2012, 09:49 PM
Holy shit...

OK, Hard Mode engaged: Did you ever have an ODYSSEY?

ODYSSEY came out before Pong.

Drago
5th December 2012, 01:49 AM
Yes. :(

Virtual Boy gave me headaches.

Also, my favorite handheld was Sega GameGear. Ahead of its time!
I was disappointed the Game Gear didn't last: it just completely blew past the visuals of the Game Boy at the time, but the weak library and short battery life (even with six of the damned things) would see its demise...

RedStarWarrior
5th December 2012, 10:02 AM
I was disappointed the Game Gear didn't last: it just completely blew past the visuals of the Game Boy at the time, but the weak library and short battery life (even with six of the damned things) would see its demise...

I have an aftermarket battery pack. Also, all you need is Sonic!

classy_cat18
5th December 2012, 05:04 PM
I had a Game Gear too. I actually had a couple games for it that I really liked: Sonic Chaos and Mickey's Ultimate Challenge.

I never got a Sega Genesis although I was able to play one from time to time. Although I don't really regret it, I kinda wish I had gotten a PS1 for the sake of Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. But I got Sega Saturn and N64 instead.

Blademaster
6th December 2012, 07:30 PM
ODYSSEY came out before Pong.

I KNEW THAT. FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

OK well I guess an Atari 2600 goes without saying, so replace 'ODYSSEY' with... uh... I dunno, How about the IntelliVision? That's almost Hard Mode.

DarkestLight
6th December 2012, 08:04 PM
An EXTREMELY bold claim.

Even the worst ones? The Virtual Boy? Atari Jaguar? SEGA 32X?

Owned the first
Sold the Second when a Jaguar did not come running out int my living room
...Still rock Knuckles Chaotix from time to time-even though the metal plates give me grief. Dun get me started on the adapter to a newer TV :/

classy_cat18
6th December 2012, 11:09 PM
@RedStarWarrior: You must only have the game systems released in America. Or are you saying that you have a 64DD?

RedStarWarrior
7th December 2012, 07:37 AM
@RedStarWarrior: You must only have the game systems released in America. Or are you saying that you have a 64DD?

Of course I'm only referring to NA systems. Disk Drive would have been a cool addon, though.

Blademaster
7th December 2012, 04:55 PM
So how much of your vast collection is still in your possession, RedStar?

Just wondering. (http://kpopchan.com/gmu/src/13131135875.jpg)