PDA

View Full Version : PETA Releases Parody Game, Pokémon Black & Blue

mr_pikachu
8th October 2012, 11:52 PM
In an attempt to deter fans excited about Sunday's release of Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2, PETA released a parody game, Pokémon Black & Blue (http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/), on Monday. (Be forewarned that the Flash game is fairly graphic, prominently featuring bloodied and bruised Pokémon, most of whom are missing body parts.)

The game's hero is a Pikachu with a chunk missing from his ear. At the beginning of the game, Pikachu escapes his trainer and starts fighting other humans in order to free their Pokémon, too. Deranged versions of characters like Ash, Cheren, and Professor Juniper appear as villains to be trounced with moves like "Shame," "Protest," and "Group Hug." There are also allies like Mudkip, who introduces himself by quoting the popular internet meme, "So I herd u liek Mudkips."

According to PETA, "If PETA existed in Unova, our motto would be: Pokémon are not ours to use or abuse. They exist for their own reasons. We believe that this is the message that should be sent to children." Pikachu, in fact, is seen waving an "I support Team Plasma" sign on PETA's site, across from a scalpel-wielding Professor Juniper. As others (http://www.slashgear.com/peta-releases-pokemon-black-and-blue-to-raise-awareness-of-virtual-monster-abuse-08250952/) have pointed out, of course, showing children horribly mutilated versions of the Pokémon they love might not be the best way for PETA to spread its animal rights message.

Jeff
9th October 2012, 06:14 AM
Was wondering how long it would take PETA to get to Pokemon, especially considering Gen 5 contains the Pokemon world equivalent of them in Team Plasma.

mattbcl
9th October 2012, 06:26 AM
They might have done a bit of cursory research regarding "I Support Team Plasma", but it couldn't have been any more than that - wasn't it that for all their flowery preaching, Team Plasma wound up enslaving the Pokémon they "freed" so that they could complete construction of N's tower?

Sheesh. What a bunch of crazed loons. I was actually considering not purchasing a copy of B2/W2 but with this release, I might just go and get one. Matt used Spite!

Asilynne
9th October 2012, 07:23 AM
Its Super Effective!

PETA: Destroyers of fun everywhere! You know I wonder after they save all the pokemon from "captivity" would they euthanise them all because its better than being homeless, like what they do with dogs they get from animal shelters? Will they go on a mass genocide campaign against Snubbull because its a "dangerous breed" that should be eliminated? Will they pickett outside the Breeding Centre and throw red paint over the daycare lady for not encouraging the spaying and neutering of pets?

PETA makes me sick lol

Asilynne
9th October 2012, 07:34 AM
You know having seen the game now, how come they haven't gotten sued for copyright infringement yet? They use the actual logo and the pokemon don't look fundamentally altered except for the battle damage...

Edit: And after playing this game, which reads like a cult propaganda tool to "reeducate" people, I realised just how flawed PETA is. They preach on and on about how fighting pokemon are shameful and yet when you are playing and trying to kill the humans which disagree with your cause, THERE IS NO WAY TO HEAL THEM!!! Basically they die and you can't revive them or heal them unless they have a move that indirectly ups their HP (like mega drain). Good job PETA, its only ok to kill your pokemon if they are fighting for your cause XD

DarkestLight
9th October 2012, 11:59 AM
This was really made by PETA? I thought that was a joke. Rotf 10 times better now since I got B2 lolol

Magmar
9th October 2012, 01:34 PM
Seriously? As much as they have a point, it's not the best way to go about it. This game doesn't exactly educate. At least it allows profane pokemon nicknames.

CaptainJigglypuff
10th October 2012, 12:46 AM
Pokemon has NEVER shown Pikachu and others ripping off each others arms and very rarely does a human EVER show any real violence towards a Pokemon in both the games and anime. In fact the only time where a human was shown physically mistrating a Pokemon out of pure spite was when Jessie attacked Seviper after it cut her hair and the Plasma Grunt in BW who kicked the Munna in the Dreamyard. This doesn't help PETA at all and I actually don't mind them but now my respect for them has fallen drastically because of how innaccurate and wrong this parody is.

Drago
10th October 2012, 08:21 PM
PETA could have spent their time and money on the continued prevention of actual animal abuse.

Decided to make a Flash video about fictional creatures being injured instead.

Excellent decision.

CaptainJigglypuff
10th October 2012, 11:01 PM
Seriously, PETA has a problem with Pokemon and yet does NOTHING about the Trix ads that basically promotes greed (saying it's okay NOT to share) and starving a rabbit that just wants some food?!!!

Skye
19th November 2012, 05:20 PM
Seriously, PETA has a problem

That's all that needs to be said, really. :/

Dark Scizor
27th December 2012, 11:00 AM
I remember playing this. I thought it was rather funny; both the 'game' itself and PETA's desperate attempt to get back into the limelight.