PDA

View Full Version : Season openers!!!

DarkestLight
14th October 2012, 09:31 PM
Well, its about that time. I'm sure there are a bunch of threads somewhere talking about one or two, but hell. I'll just start a general one.

Season Opener of Walking Dead was tonight. EXCITEMENT! Honestly, the only thing I will watch religiously for the next 12 weeks is this show. EXCITEMENT. Rick is insane right now and I wanna know just how far this intensity is going to last.

I still stand by previous mantra. CARL NEEDS TO DIE. NOW.

Any other shows season openers ya wanna gab about? I heard Dexter was tonight as well, but I dun have Showtime so nayeth to that. Comic Book men is in a hour or so, so yeah. Go ahead

Roy Karrde
14th October 2012, 10:45 PM
I still stand by previous mantra. CARL NEEDS TO DIE. NOW.

He won't die until he has full filled his creepy relationship with the suicidal Hershal daughter. I mean I thought the writers were kidding at Comic Con NY, but from the look of this episode we will see some Young Woman x Pre Teen Boy relationship going on soon. Makes you kind of miss Sophia...

Other than that, the other opener I am enjoying is Arrow, it may be Batman Begins-lite but dammit it looks awesome! Oh and Homeland has come back as a tour de force, just as I wrote it off as being crap.

DarkestLight
14th October 2012, 11:43 PM
Man no! In fact, I hope it happens during creepy preteen puberty moment so she can die too! Aww Arrow! Thats what I forgot. ill try to catch that tomorrow.

Oslo
14th October 2012, 11:44 PM
I hope I am not the only one devastated that Community was benched before it could even premiere. :( I mean, it's not exactly out of the blue, but it's unfortunate nonetheless.

Greyfox
14th October 2012, 11:52 PM
I agree with Oslo. NBC can go eat a dick for all I care.

Magmar
15th October 2012, 01:37 PM
Degrassi premiere was good XD yes my roommate loves it and I got sucked into a teen drama lol. Please god let that clip not be true and Fiona does not cheat on Imogen!!

Doctor Who is now over until Christmas. Sad face.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars starts Monday of next week. Team #YaraSofia here but I love Alexis Mateo, Latrice Royale and Chad Michaels too!

Oslo
15th October 2012, 01:50 PM
I am also hoping Yara will echa pa'lante. <3 I also hope they include a brief dedication for Sahara. So sad.

Magmar
15th October 2012, 02:52 PM
omg I met her drag daughter when I went to meet Shangela! It was sooo sad :(

ECHA PA'LANTE!
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/550629_793651624149_272077340_n.jpg

and here's some halleloo for yall

kurai
19th October 2012, 02:22 PM
7LV7M_WeGX8

Greyfox
19th October 2012, 09:17 PM
Kurai is the greatest.

Magmar
20th October 2012, 09:29 AM
I am also hoping Yara will echa pa'lante. <3 I also hope they include a brief dedication for Sahara. So sad.

Team Yarlexis ;)
how about you sir

Oslo
20th October 2012, 10:09 AM
Truthfully, I'm not a big fan of Alexis. She had a number of cute, charming moments in the third season but her style was a little underwhelming. If not Yara, I'm hoping Nina wins. So I'm... Team Yarina. <3 <3

The_Missing_Link
20th October 2012, 11:10 AM
I'm personally rooting for Pandora, Chad, and Latrice. Season 4 was pretty awesome in terms of characters

Oslo
20th October 2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah, the omission of Willam was criminal. :( Same with Ongina.

Magmar
20th October 2012, 12:23 PM
No Phi Phi this season! I wonder if that's why we get treated to more Mimi Imfurst(last)? I would much rather see more Dida Ritz than Mimi. Dida is ADORABLE. Oh and who else wants to legit karate chop whoever's idea it was to team up Mimi with our dear Pandora?? GRR. Pandora chante you stay.

I did like Willam, especially towards the end of her tenure on RPDR when she gets more three-dimensional and shows real vulnerability. Buttttt she never really seemed like much of a drag queen... at least according to Ru standards which embrace "uniqueness". Willam (like Carmen Carrera) was all body and just went with relying on a supermodel runway look, which is imitation--at its finest. Granted, drag pageantry is essentially imitation, but drag is also meant to be campy entertainment. This is why I loved Latrice Royale's "you're a man in a wig" comment because that is essentially what drag is supposed to be. It's not all about being the best at passing... it's being the best at entertaining. That's why I went and paid to see Shangela (and would have gone to meet Latrice if I wasn't really sick that day), but I probably wouldn't shell out that same amount of money to see, say, Milan.

(I love when they get snarky on the program. My favorite moments in this show involve snark... which usually involved Sharon Needles' commentary, or that moment where RuPaul put Tatianna up for elimination, simply saying "You came to my runway dressed as a referee. You're up for elimination." Yowch! And then he kept Tatianna but not Jessica Wild. Double ouch.)

I hope they mix the teams up each episode. They're selling Yarlexis shirts on the RPDR website, so I don't know if they'll do that. I agree that Yara + Nina would be a killer team. I also think Yara with Chad, if they could bring each other's talents together in the best way possible, would be absolutely unstoppable. Chad has all those years of experience and is such a great entertainer, but she doesn't have many different looks. Yara was consistently the most skilled designer in her season, but she was too over-the-top campy. Personally, I found Yara's personality to be so charming and hilarious, and I legit cried when she got booted off :( I think this was ultimately Dida's pitfall as well... she just wasn't serious when the challenge of the day required it.

God I could talk drag race for hours

PS look at the RonPaulDragRace twitter for hilarity.

Oslo
20th October 2012, 12:55 PM
I would rather see more anything than Mimi Imatrainwreck. :( I guess from a production standpoint it's great to have someone who's bound to go off the rails within the first five minutes, but there are so many queens I would have honestly loved to see take her place.

Yeah, I agree that Willam's biggest problem was that she was all couture and no camp. She obviously came up through a different industry than the other queens and didn't have the same experience with live entertainment that her fellow competitors did. Even without that experience, though, I thought she still had an edge on most of the others when it came to off-the-cuff wit and charisma. Everyone raves about Latrice (and I do quite enjoy her), but the girl tanks when she's not going off a script. Her performances in the Snatch Game, Frock the Vote and the puppet mini-challenge ranged from underwhelming to dreadful. Those are all entertainment-based challenges where Willam did or could have run circles around her, even though she lacks Latrice's years of experience. So I really do believe Willam has all the makings of a great entertainer and perhaps with a few years to develop a less mainstream sense of style she could dominate the next All-Stars? Idk.

Yara and Chad would be incredible, but I agree that the teams probably won't be mixed up. :( I also agree that Yara was charming and lovable. I just wish she knew how to keep her wackiness within the margins rather than letting it fly all over the place... not that she ever achieved the same lows as Mimi. I feel like Mimi will be in it for the long haul, though, both because she's production gold (she'll bring the tears, start the drama, etc.; if it weren't for the fact that she seriously could have hurt herself and India during that infamous lip synch and thus had to be cut, she probably would have stuck around until late in the season) and because she's paired with all-time fan fave Pandora. Pandora was decent in her season but I never really got all the hype that surrounded her? She got some pretty scatching runway critiques but I thought they were more or less fair and I think she deserved to be cut when she was. (Except Tatianna should have gone before her, obvs.) I'm interested to see if Pandora can live up to her goddess-like reputation this time.

(And don't even get me started on Ru keeping Tatianna over Jessica! I understand that sometimes shocking and outrageous decisions are made just for the sake of generating conversation, which is exactly why Rebecca lasted so effing long in season one, but damn, Jessica was fun and charming as hell. Tati was tatty and deserved to go home. Or die in a fire. Either/or.)

Magmar
21st October 2012, 10:56 AM
Dammit! Cat climbed on keyboard and erased my reply.

I'm personally pulling for a Yara Sofia win this season... She's so funny and yet her talent is extraordinary! I think out of the pairs, Yara and Alexis are probably the closest in terms of relationship... Yara and Alexis still do shows and shop together, even recently getting hate crimed out of a makeup store together. When it comes to the new Synergy requirement, I think they'll take the gold.

The new episode is up on Facebook but I'm being good and not watching it until tomorrow. No spoilers plz <3

I really think it's time for a RPDR thread :)