PDA

View Full Version : RuPaul's Drag Race (God Save the Queens!)

Magmar
21st October 2012, 11:00 AM
Because us drag connoisseurs deserve ++postcount, too ;) As much as drag queens are basically walking personifications of Mt. Moon!

Alright children, who are we cheering on in All-Stars? Going into the first challenge, I am all for Yara Sofia.

How do you feel about the new "team" format for this season? It's going to cut the season in half... so perhaps we'll see two gurls go home per week?

http://www.seattlegayscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/yara-sofia-22.jpg
Yara FTW

I mean, gawd, she made that outfit and made that hair.

CaptainJigglypuff
21st October 2012, 11:09 AM
^I like the earrings. I do not get LOGO or else I would watch the show....

Oslo
21st October 2012, 12:43 PM
Yara. <3<3<3

When they first announced it would be a condensed season I was a little bummed, obviously, but I think the team format is the best way to make it work. It'll create some interesting dynamics, especially because some of the pairings consist of queens with similar styles (Chad and Shannel are glamour bots, Mimi and Pandora are camp queens, etc.) while other styles will inevitably clash (um, Nina and Tammie, pretty much). So it's an interesting creative decision and I hope it's entertaining. Fingers crossed that when they do another All-Stars (which will OBVIOUSLY include all the winners, riiiight? like Sharon?) they'll obviously give us a full season. :)

Also, in regards to what you said in the other thread, I don't think you have to worry about spoilers from the thing on Facebook. It's only an "extended sneak peek" and doesn't reveal who goes home. I'm just gonna watch tomorrow since Logo web content isn't available in Canadian anyway. *shakes fist*

Magmar
21st October 2012, 03:35 PM
^I like the earrings. I do not get LOGO or else I would watch the show....

You can watch episodes online the next day. While I'm sure there will be spoilers in this thread, I also have class during the airings, so I'll be watching them on DVR after the fact... thoroughly avoiding all social networking sites until I watch them. ;)

So, yeah, for those who are unfamiliar with this program, this is like fantasy football, but with drag queens. As far as reality TV goes, this show is similar and yet, so so very different. An episode usually features a mini challenge to determine who gets the advantage for the main challenge, then of course the main challenge (which requires the competitors to actually design and sew their own outfit(s) and stage a performance AND runway look all within about 24 hours), then get judged on four five factors: Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, Talent, Synergy. You can infer what you will from that. Obvious inappropriate pun is obvious. :P

LET'S TALK ABOUT WHO WE THINK IS GONNA WIN YA'LL.

I mean, personally, I think Team Rujubee is going to do really well. Raven and Jujubee are both really fierce... Raven can pull off just about any look really well, and Jujubee is just, well, amazing.

Team Latrila... Latrice and Manila Luzon. Oy, these queens are GOOD. Latrice really looks the most like a fabulous drag queen in my opinion... so over-the-top, but not to the extent that she looks ridiculous. Manila's so expressive, but I don't see them working well together with such different looks and personalities. Latrice would've been better off paired with Chad IMO. The two least neurotic queens together.

Team Shad... Shannel is stunningly gorgeous, and Chad Michaels is flawless when it comes to fashion and performance. They're going to be top contenders... there's no way Chad is going home early, especially since he's so cooperative with others and really was the glue that held the other queens together last season. Shannel is clever, and Chad is very professional. They're going to be perceived as the team to beat by the other queens, which could work in Rujubee's favor.

Team Mandora... I can't believe they put Mimi with Pandora Boxx. Pandora is a favorite for her humor and absolutely addictive personality, but Mimi is a shit-stirrer and I don't think she's going to get a winning level of support from Pandora once she starts acting out.

Team Brown Flowers... Oh god. Nina is wacky and Tammie is hot. They're going to be pulling out some really creative stuff early-on, which will help them stand out.

Team Yarlexis is my personal favorite! Alexis Mateo and Yara Sofia were the two who held themselves together the most in their season. They stayed out of the ridiculous drama and were consistent throughout the season. Alexis is definitely the weaker of the two... Yara was seriously on a huge winning streak when she had to sashay away by Alexis, mostly because she couldn't handle battling her best friend. Yara will have to tone down her craziness and Alexis is going to have to embrace trying new and different things in order for this to be the winning team.

I'm clearly procrastinating a paper XD which is why I'm going on and on about this lol

Oslo
21st October 2012, 04:39 PM
None of the pairings really gets my fanboy juices flowing but if I had to pick an actual team as opposed to some fantasy draft in my head then I'd go with Team Latrila. They're both fairly well-rounded and I think they have enough talent to draw upon to go deep into the competition. Of course, I agree that their personalities won't really jive—Latrice is very self-possessed while Manila is kind of like a yappy, needy puppy at times. Hopefully it generates some interesting dramz and doesn't cause them go up in flames.

Which of course brings us to the all-important question about the premiere... assuming one of the six pairs is knocked out in the first episode, which is the only logical format, WHO DO YOU THINK WILL BE THE FIRST TEAM ELIMINATED? :o:o

The first episode of every season traditionally involves a photo shoot mini-challenge and a design-based main challenge. They could very well change it up for a special All-Stars edition, but let's just assume for the moment that they don't. Raven, Manila, Chad, Shannel, Pandora, Nina, Tammie and Yara have all done well at this sort of challenge in the past. Latrice and Jujubee are pretty middle-of-the-road with their design skills and of course Mimi is kind of lousy. (Unless she's gotten some sewing practice in over the past few years.) Overall, I'm thinking either Rujubee or Mandora might be out of their depth here. If I had to make a prediction, I'm guessing Rujubee will be cut, but there are of course a gajillion variables and I'm quite likely wrong. It's just what my gut says at the moment.

Magmar
21st October 2012, 06:29 PM
My gut goes with Mandora on that... Rujubee sashaying away in Round One just sounds so unlikely!

Oslo
21st October 2012, 07:18 PM
I can't see Ru chopping the all-time fan darling (Sharon notwithstanding) and the show's most infamous trainwreck right off the bat. If it's not Rujubee, my gut says Brown Flowers. :3

And of course this will be Oslo if Yarlexis sashays away:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m99zpgxZ4X1rqopk3o1_400.gif

CaptainJigglypuff
21st October 2012, 07:34 PM
Anyone think there will be an episode honoring Sahara since she died recently?

Oslo
21st October 2012, 08:16 PM
Wikipedia informed me that the premiere will be dedicated to Sahara. I don't foresee an entire episode honouring her, but she'll probably come up during the reunion.

Sahara. :(

Magmar
21st October 2012, 09:06 PM
:( RIP Sahara... That was sooo sad. I met someone who was part of her drag family when I met Shangela. Poor thing was so upset..

shazza
21st October 2012, 10:23 PM
I have no idea what is being discussed in this thread. :(

Magmar
22nd October 2012, 11:13 AM
This, shaz.
http://bestmoviesevernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/rupauls-drag-race-all-stars-meet-queens-composite-ggnoads.jpg

you better WERK

CaptainJigglypuff
22nd October 2012, 02:45 PM
Personally I liked Jujubee when I was able to watch Drag Race on a regular basis during her season. I think it's because Juju's Asian like I am. I didn't see any episodes after that season but Sharon Needles from season four is from Pittsburgh which is about 45 minutes away from where I live.

Magmar
22nd October 2012, 03:00 PM
It's easy to relate to characters who share our experiences :) that's why I always liked certain characters of shows. Like when I watched Sailor Moon growing up, I loved Sailor Mercury because she was smart and reliable, and didn't really know how to gossip... kind of like me ;)

But now I know how to throw sickening shade when it's the T :D

oh dear only Oslo will understand what that means haha

Oslo
22nd October 2012, 03:10 PM
Oh, Oslo knows. I've found myself slipping drag terminology into everyday conversation and it always ends up the same. Sadly, nine times out of ten when you tell a friend their outfit looks "sickening" they are not going to take it as a compliment. I really need to remember that.

Magmar
22nd October 2012, 03:20 PM
I've adopted sickening, fishy and weeeerrrrrrk hahaha

halleloo! :P

Blademaster
22nd October 2012, 10:13 PM
http://imagehaul.com/thehauls/4d952e423535734a505d41a277ed4866.jpg

CaptainJigglypuff
22nd October 2012, 10:33 PM
And what's wrong with being gay?!!!

Magmar
22nd October 2012, 10:50 PM
blademaster is jealous that we're all bonding over drag queens

BYE BYE MANDORA. We all saw that one coming.

Woot for Yarlexis pulling it off... barely.

DarkestLight
22nd October 2012, 11:39 PM
Shade: seriously the best new misused word in the current vernacular today XD.

Oslo
23rd October 2012, 01:33 AM
BYE BYE MANDORA. We all saw that one coming.

I thought it was way too obvious of an outcome to be true! Not to mention the perks of keeping them in the competition. And man, can I just say that bitter really wasn't a good look for Pandora? Chad and Raven both brought a lot of humour to their Sharon and Tyra send-ups earlier in the episode, but Pandora's attitude just managed to drain what little sympathy I had for her. Mimi doing the lip sync and Pandora not hitting the button just made it seem like Pandora was trying to avoid responsibility right up until the end.

Stray observations:

> Go Team Latrila!
> I'm disappointed Yarlexis didn't do better! That said, I thought their opposites attract photo shoot was completely underrated. Doesn't matter. They'll pull it out next week. :)
> On that note, I'd go home with Yara
> lol @ how Tammie (the second-to-last-placed queen in season one) upstaged Nina (the second-placed queen in season one). Nina needs to step it up! I heart her.
> The difference between Shannel and Chad is Shannel tries really, really hard to be amazing and it just comes naturally to Chad
> I forgot that boy-Shannel dresses like he's fifteen
> I forgot that boy-Raven is actually pretty fiiine
> Teams Rujubee and Shad easily got the most confessionals out of all the queens. Editing for reality shows is generally pretty legible, so might they be setting us up for a Rujushad finale? (Of course, I thought Mandora were safe so I'll just be quiet now.)

Magmar
23rd October 2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I noticed that the queens who are either going to win or are seriously about to lose generally get the most attention in the episode. Case in point: how much airtime Jiggly <3 got in her episode where she had to sashay away. When they barely paid any attention to Yara or Alexis, I assumed they would be safe.

I did notice that, in general, the other queens were really mean to Mimi. I thought it was great that Chad spoke out and told them to stop. I also thought it was great that the other queens all supported Alexis in the "Mimi totally stole my job" fiasco... good on them for sticking up for her.

I would sooo take Yara home ;) Raven in his guy clothes looks way too much like one of my exes, but soooo much better looking :P but really if I could pick any queen from any season to like kai kai with LOL it would probably be Dida Ritz. He's so hot out of drag! *fans face*

Oslo
23rd October 2012, 01:52 PM
I've always thought Raja was quite lovely. <3 That voice just gets me every time. I've also always considered Sahara (:() to be an extremely attractive guy as well. I could see myself being attracted to boy-Phi Phi in a world where his vile personality didn't make him irrevocably unfuckable, but as it is his looks are just ruined by everything else about him.

Tammie is also not bad looking out of drag, strangely enough!

Magmar
23rd October 2012, 01:59 PM
Tammie is hilarious! Does she have like a legit mental disorder that makes her act like that? If so, more power to her for being so successful <3 if not, more power to her for being hilarious!

I'm still really gunning for a Yarlexis win... they better bring it next week!

I didn't really love the teletubbies theme that Latrice and Manila did, but I can see how in light of the other appearances, they deserved to win.

oh and http://www.tvgasm.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/13-dida-ritz-interview.jpg yes yes

Oslo
23rd October 2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I'm interested to see how far Tammie goes! She has such a unique and well-defined persona but I'm not sure that persona translates to a diverse range of looks. This competition often makes it tricky for a camp queen to excel but hopefully she can put in a decent showing.

I agree that none of the runway outfits felt like an event. I thought the Teletubbies look for the most part worked, but I was kind of distracted by the fact that Manila had a belly screen while Latrice didn't. They're obviously limited to what they bring with them but they still looked off-kilter as a pair.

Do we know who's judging next week? I read that Elvira and Kelly Osbourne are among the returning judges, and I would love for them to appear in the same episode. <3 I haven't seen previews but I heard it's a Snatch game, which I so love. <3 <3

Magmar
24th October 2012, 07:12 AM
I haven't got any idea what's next, but Snatch Game is my favorite! If I was ever on the program, I'd so werk Estelle Grady LOL

CaptainJigglypuff
24th October 2012, 07:27 AM
I'd LOVE to see Chaka Khan, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Patti Labelle, and Cyndi Laupner as guest judges. Think how much fun that would be!

Magmar
24th October 2012, 01:54 PM
Cyndi Lauper and Lady Gaga as a team celebrity judge panel would seriously make my day in every way possible. I'm all for this. :039: gratuitous Jigglypuff to you! I'm surprised you're not a Jiggly Caliente fan!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0i9uzwVfD1qigyqno1_500.png

Oslo
24th October 2012, 02:03 PM
AHHHHHHHHH

that is wonderful. <3 Jigglypuff Jiggly is fierce.

Magmar
24th October 2012, 02:07 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JXLvyTRu45E/TyyBpC8GkQI/AAAAAAAAAII/6meAwSERX1U/s1600/Jiggly.jpg

Such a fierce diva! I love Jiggly lol. That makeup is seriously ART.

Also, since we're on a roll with Drag Race memes,

http://feastoffun.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/latrice.jpg

Oslo
24th October 2012, 02:12 PM
Jiggly for All-Stars 2. <3 MAKE IT HAPPEN, RU.

Also, gotta give some love to this classic moment:

http://www.ejumpcut.org/currentissue/deVilRuPaul/ruPaulPix/27untuckedmeme.jpg

I forgot to mention boy-Lashauwn on my list of loveliest RPDR contestants. <3<3

Magmar
24th October 2012, 11:18 PM
Oslo, would you rather ki ki or kai kai with me ;)

Oslo
24th October 2012, 11:32 PM
Both. At the same time.

And lol, flashback to Dan Savage asking Phi Phi if she was or was not offering to have sex with all of America...

Magmar
25th October 2012, 12:28 PM
So much shade! Although the thing I really did like about Phi Phi was that she is clearly very smart. Jiggly, too... she's quite brilliant. A lot of these queens really aren't quite so bright. Another thing I really liked about Jiggly was how she didn't ask for a pity party when tackling serious issues... only really opening up about losing her mom and battling an eating disorder when asked directly about it. Good on her for being such a strong, fierce queen. :)

Oslo
26th October 2012, 10:46 PM
I dunno about Phi Phi, but Jiggly is definitely a fierce, classy, unassuming, intelligent queen. (1240 on her SATs, people! Except I know nothing about what SAT scores mean so I'm just going to assume that's decent?) I realize I probably sound like a broken record here, but we need to have an AS2 and Jiggly absolutely must take part. <3 She even told Ru at the reunion she was practicing sewing! She totally has what it takes to mop the floor with those other bitches. <3<3<3 She simply oozes C.U.N.T.iness in the best way possible.

Queens I'd love to see in a future All-Stars who aren't competing right now:

- Victoria Porkchop Parker
- Ongina (it was criminal that she was booted so soon; the conclusion of the Viva Glam episode was the single most moving thing I've ever seen on television)
- BeBe
- Shangela (I'm all for a threepeat! <3 She is the face of Hawthorne Wipes, after all!)
- Jessica Wild
- Tyra
- Delta Work (girl just needs the wizard to give her some confidence!)
- Raja (with that sultry voice, of course)
- JIGGLY <3<3<3
- Willam
- Dida
- Kenya
- Sharon

Even though I'm no major Pandora fan, the girl is due for a redemption arc. She deserves to come back, considering the grenade she was thrown this season.

DarkestLight
26th October 2012, 11:52 PM
Depends on when she took them

1240 pre..what 2005(?) was out of 1600
Post was out of like 2400

So...that's not saying too much :/

Magmar
28th October 2012, 11:02 AM
Jiggly's older than I am, so she had to have taken them with the 1600-point crest. I scored 1380 out of 1600 #nerd

The_Missing_Link
29th October 2012, 12:05 AM
Finally watched the first episode a few days ago. I think Pandora gave up way too easily and while I don't think their grouping was horrible, she focused way too much on Mimi's past showing. Granted, I think everyone would but it seems like Mimi made a marked improvement on how she presented herself this time around

Also, if Pandora was so concerned about about how Mimi would act, why did she let her lip synch? I mean, Mimi had no chance against Chad but Pandora could've tried to save them and tag herself in

Anyway, I fully support Rujubee although Brown Flowers is growing on me

Magmar
29th October 2012, 10:03 PM
NO T NO SHADE!
#YARLEXIS

Oslo
29th October 2012, 11:16 PM
AHHHHH, that was an emotional rollercoaster!

I'm thrilled Yara got top nods! Bitch deserved it.

I'm devastated Nina wasn't able to make a bigger splash in the competition. She kind of misplaced her season one spark. Her runway outfit was spectacular, though, and she was so graceful in defeat. What a fierce queen. I sense a season one rewatch in my near future.

I'm... frankly a little surprised Latrice won that lip sync. I thought Tammie really brought it! Nonetheless, I'm delighted Latrila will live to tuck another day. <3

Magmar
30th October 2012, 10:11 AM
Yara really brought it this week!! I'm so happy lol.

As hilarious as Tammie Brown is, when it comes to "who is a drag queen all star" I don't really picture Tammie Brown or Nina Flowers being that. However... Tammie is probably top for "Who would I pay money to see out of all the girls on this show?"

I was surprised Yarlexis won, because they hardly got any attention this episode once again. HOWEVER... I think it's great that Ru decided to show specifically the scene in which it was mentioned that there's an extra challenge of the language barrier for Yara (and Alexis, but she seems to be much more comfortable with English). Since the challenge required dressing like a celebrity, making comedy in your celebrity's character, and dressing in 60s glam of all things, I'm glad they were able to turn it out and it shows just how culturally agile both Yara and Alexis are. It should also send a strong message to those who will be gaining spokesqueens for their products through the winner of the contest that Yara and Alexis are perfectly able to do the job, be funny and SICKENING.

Oslo
30th October 2012, 02:48 PM
One of the things I love-love-love about RPDR is the way it openly embraces its queens' diverse backgrounds. Gay culture too often orbits around the experiences of white males and reality TV is generally the last place you ever go for a productive conversation about race, but RPDR hits it out of the park just about every time. I love that the show acknowledged Yara and Alexis's cultural barriers while also showcasing why they're among the fiercest bitches in the history of the show. It was powerful.

And I was a lot more pro-Tammie before I saw her argument with Michelle on Untucked. I really admired Latrice's classy way of calling Santino out for his critiques last season, but Tammie just lost it. I like effervescent and kooky Tammie, not it's-only-episode-two-and-I've-already-reached-my-threshold-for-criticism-so-it's-time-to-get-defensive-and-read-Michelle Tammie. Nina had so much more at stake given her sterling reputation and I thought she handled it flawlessly.

Also, speaking of Untucked, Yara's breakdown and then her confessional about being super ridiculously gay were heartbreaking and hilarious. Yara Sofia, you are a goddess.

Andrew
31st October 2012, 02:57 AM
What does it mean when someone is a 'fishy queen'?

Oslo
31st October 2012, 12:05 PM
It refers to someone who is feminine-looking and could pass as a real woman.

Roy Karrde
31st October 2012, 01:14 PM
I am sorry when ever I see this thread, my mind automatically goes to "Ron Paul Drag Race" can we please get a pic up of Ron Paul in drag?

Oslo
31st October 2012, 01:20 PM
http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/advocatephotos/18974046686/1/tumblr_m0lde8D8pZ1r4p2f7

What a sickening queen. <3 (https://twitter.com/RonPaulDragRace)

Roy Karrde
31st October 2012, 01:23 PM
I believe I just threw up a bit in my mouth, but thank you.

Magmar
31st October 2012, 01:58 PM
Fish is when you try to look like a real woman... Camp is when you just try to look like a man in a wig... Generally fish isn't what drag is about, but in drag pageantry it can be. Camp is more like what you'd expect at a local drag show with amateur queens.

They're both absolutely sickening BUT fish usually goes further on RPDR... unless you're relying too much on your feminine figure and not much on being unique. Imitating supermodels isn't really drag at its core... campy drag is the style RuPaul grew up in. She's glamorous, but she is also smart as a whip and very sarcastic and witty. It's a performance art, not just a runway look.

Difference:
http://jmtv.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/screen-shot-2012-02-28-at-11-28-53-pm.png?w=538&h=336
Chad Michaels serves fish.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4100000/Tammie-Brown-rupauls-drag-race-4147912-360-509.jpg
Tammie Brown serves camp realness.

Oslo
31st October 2012, 02:17 PM
Sometimes I feel like the show deliberately overvalues fishiness when it wants to keep around a drama-causing competitor who's got a passable look but is otherwise out of her league (eg. Rebecca Glasscock and Tatianna, mostly, but I think Phi Phi also qualifies here).

Magmar
31st October 2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah, Tatianna didn't really deserve to stay as long as she did... Neither did Phi Phi to be honest. Phi Phi, though, was genuinely good at drag, whereas Tatianna was good at fish makeup and costume. With Tatianna it was a hot body contest... Phi Phi was excellent at design.

Oslo
31st October 2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah, as much as I'd detest Phi Phi, her RuPocalyptic outfit was pretty sickening. In a perfect world, she would have gone out during the Frenemies challenge and either Latrice or Willam would have taken her spot in the finale. Nonetheless, the Sharon/Phi Phi feud was endlessly entertaining.

Magmar
5th November 2012, 12:47 PM
http://www.newnownext.com/rupauls-drag-race-season-5-teaser/11/2012/?xrs=synd_twitter_rpdr

Oh and tonight! #YARLEXIS

Magmar
5th November 2012, 10:03 PM
Oh. My. God.

That was a seriously close call for our divas. Fortunately Yarlexis took second place and was safe but AHHHHH those bitches trying to get em sent home!!

This means Yarlexis is the only took that hasn't lip synched yet.

I will miss Latrila. Latrice, you are forever and always my gurl.

Oslo
6th November 2012, 12:44 AM
THE

WRONG

QUEENS

WENT

HOOOOOME

Manila freaking killed that lip sync. It was "MacArthur Park" all over again. It was fantastic. Nobody mixes camp and high fashion like she does. Nobody gives face in lip syncs like she does. She's not the strongest queen in the competition but she didn't deserve to be sent packing against Jujubee, whose lip sync was as plain as her outfit. Juju should have sashayed away.

But omg, I'm so proud of Alexis. Her personality has always been her strongest attribute in my opinion and the way she validated herself and her partner was outstanding. I've always been on the fence about her but this episode definitely tipped things in her favour. Yara, meanwhile, continues to be incredible. That girl is a star.

(And her butch shot was ahhhhdorable.)

Magmar
6th November 2012, 07:46 AM
Thing is... if Rujubee went home the next few episodes would be all "hey girl hey! how you doing squirrelfriend? weeeerk :) :) :)"

We have to have at least one asshole left standing at the end... which is why I think next week it'll probably be either team Shad or Yarlexis to go home... without Rujubee there's no yang to the yin (awesome) that is Shad and Yarlexis!

Oh god Yara's butch shot was sexy <3 lmao

Manila's lip synch was AMAZING. That is what drag is all about. The crazy faces, the actions, just living the song... Jujubee was boring, I totally agree!

And Alexis <3 good on you girl for sticking up for yourself and for Yara..... It's true that Yara is definitely the better designer and probably the strongest personality on the program, but Alexis carries herself very strongly and proudly. If the winner really does get to be an important spokesperson for the LGBT community, Yara, Alexis or Chad would do it so well and for all the right reasons which is why I'm soooo ready for Rujubee to Sashay Away.

Oslo
6th November 2012, 12:14 PM
I'm curious as to how the final few episodes will play out. There's only one portrait next to Ru, so there has to be just one winner, yes? One way would be to keep eliminating teams until there's only one left for the finale and then those two queens face off against each other for the crown. Another (more interesting) way would be to eliminate one final team in the fourth episode and then dissolve the teams in the fifth episode. Another queen goes home and then we're left with a final three for the finale, as always.

At this point, with so many of my favourite queens gone, I'm hoping for a Chad, Yara, Alexis final three, but that's really too much to hope for. A lot of people have been speculating it's going to come down to Chad and Raven in some capacity and I think that's probably right, even if I'm not nuts about Raven. If that's the case, Chad had better mop the floor with her.

But if Yara makes it to the end, well, that would be just nifty. <3

Magmar
6th November 2012, 01:17 PM
http://newnownext.mtvnimages.com/2012/11/yara-sofia-hair.jpg

WOW. Just stunning <3

I hope Raven sashays so far away next week... I don't like her! She looks like my ex out of drag and just isn't nice.

Oslo
6th November 2012, 02:13 PM
The mobile hair. <3

Raven takes herself too seriously. Remember the season two Country Queens challenge? Where she couldn't even put on a chicken costume and act silly? I never really got over that.

Magmar
11th November 2012, 12:00 PM
What team do you think is on the chopping block this week? It's weird with six queens knowing two must go home. That means one team will win and two will lip-sync.

I hate to say it, but:

-If Yarlexis lip syncs against Shad, they might go home :(
-If Yarlexis lip syncs against Rujubee, Rujubee is finished.
-If Shad and Rujubee lip sync, it's probably bye bye Rujubee. This would mean Yarlexis went all four team elimination rounds without a single bottom finish. Knowing how RPDR tends to work, it seems unlikely that Yarlexis would pull this off, but if they win again, then it'll hopefully be good riddance Rujubee!

Which is sad because Jujubee is pretty awesome.

Oslo
11th November 2012, 12:09 PM
Jujubee definitely brings the lawls in the talking heads! That said, I so badly want to see Rujubee sashay away. I'm afraid this might be Yarlexis's week... but, even if it is, they are fierce queens and should be proud for making it so far. <3 Yara will forever be a winner in my heart even if she does get... THE CHOP.

UlHzdXFCJ-c

Why is music video drag queen banter the greatest thing ever?

Magmar
11th November 2012, 12:26 PM
Horse. Horse. Horse. XD

Make 'em eat it and gag. SO MUCH WIN!

Oslo
11th November 2012, 12:28 PM
Funny how the second "horse" is immediately followed by a shot of Alexis. The shade of it all!

Magmar
11th November 2012, 12:46 PM
Oh, Latrila, don't be shady be a lady <3

Oslo
12th November 2012, 10:32 PM
Oh, the Rumanity! D: GAH.

It truly pains me to see them go. And as excruciating as it is to say, Raven killed that lip sync. This isn't like last week's injustice: Raven brought burlesque to a song that all but demands skin, so I completely understand why Yara chose to push that button. If I were there watching Raven KILLING IT while Alexis beside her is doing some vanilla Mickey Mouse Club version of Don't Cha, I'd push the hell out of that button too. Since it's hard to leap into a dance routine a minute into the song, the odds really were stacked against Yara. If she'd been performing the song from the start, maybe the outcome would have been different? Nonetheless, Yara is fierce and competitive and takes risks so I applaud her for being the first queen to push that button. It was a very Yara Sofia thing to do.

Also, I completely had the outcome of this episode spoiled for me. I was watching last week's Untucked last night and paid too much attention to that absurdly long intro. Grah. I realized Jujubee was wearing two outfits I hadn't seen and Shannel was wearing two outfits I hadn't seen and the outcome was made clear right there. Of course, I was still on the edge of my seat throughout that lip sync. I wanted so badly to be wrong. :(

Oh, and while Raven may have killed the lip sync, Yarlexis's girl group was infinitely stronger. I was freaking out when Yarlexis nabbed Kelly Osbourne. I used to be completely indifferent to her but between her wonderful judging job last season and her committed performance this time around, I am a fan.

...but I'm more of a fan of Yara. <3

EDIT: So appropriate:

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-echa-pa-lante-2.png

We must carry on. It's... our responsitrannity. <3<3<3

DOUBLE EDIT: Omg, just watched Untucked. YARA SOFIA, I WILL SETTLE DOWN WITH YOU. PICK MEEEE.

DarkestLight
13th November 2012, 12:40 AM
ROTF, YOOO Just watching this thread makes me full of joy XD

Magmar
13th November 2012, 07:42 AM
And of course this will be Oslo if Yarlexis sashays away:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m99zpgxZ4X1rqopk3o1_400.gif

this was both of us :(

Oslo
19th November 2012, 08:37 AM
Monday. <3

Now that our beloved Yara has once again ascended into Drag Race heaven, who's gonna get the boot? :O

Excitement!

Magmar
19th November 2012, 03:31 PM
I think it's Rujubee's turn to sashay away. Chad Michaels is more than better than the Raven and Jujubee. I still think Yarlexis was Top Two though.

OMG SEASON 5 ANNOUNCED. But no Haley Starr :( she's like my third cousin and I was talking her up for quite some time. But we get Alaska! I wonder how she'll do...

Oslo
19th November 2012, 03:46 PM
I'm loving the Greco-Roman aesthetic in the publicity shots. <3 And yay Alaska!

WHY IS IT NOT JANUARY?!?!?!

I've really loved All-Stars and I hope they revisit the idea in the future. With that said (and I realize I'm probably taking the show too seriously here), there's something so incredibly heartbreaking about the double elimination format. :( For the past few weeks it's been NINA, SASHAY AWAY :cry: and then LATRILA, SASHAY AWAY :cry: and then YARA, SASHAY AWAY :cry::no::cry:. With individual eliminations, sometimes my favourite queens go home but sometimes the ehh queens go home instead which means I'm not experiencing a horrific trauma week after week. Because of that, I suspect season five will be much more satisfying.

Magmar
23rd November 2012, 09:49 AM
HOW COME RUJUBEE GETS TO STAY???

Geez, they were in the bottom THREE times and got to stay cuz Rupaul felt bad for Juju's tears (and Raven's fake tears)... but Yarlexis is in the bottom once, and they go home. GRR

happy thanksgiving

Oslo
23rd November 2012, 10:44 AM
I wanna see what Yarlexis could have done with this challenge. :( Screw Fire Crotch/Lactatia and whatever Rujubee's characters' names were. Oslo wants Yara as a badass yet loveable villain.

Magmar
23rd November 2012, 11:46 AM
Alexis as a superhero would've probably been hilarious! "BAM!" + fake boobies = lulz

Oslo
23rd November 2012, 12:24 PM
Also, I feel like I should take a moment to recognize the fiercest villain of them all...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdt1gvFN8t1r3s79io1_500.png

Eleven different kinds of sickening. <3

Magmar
25th November 2012, 04:54 PM
she's so beautiful, seriously!

So yeah Season 5... That Beverly Hillz queen is looking kind of beat

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/wbkr.com/files/2012/11/Monica.jpg

HONEY THIS DOES NOT COMPARE TO OUR GODDESS (rupaul) OR HER GODDESS (yara sofia)

Oslo
25th November 2012, 04:57 PM
Oh dear. :x

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2pemhoz0E1qa96eso1_400.gif

In related news, I've checked the calendar seven or eight times today and every time it confirmed that it's not January yet. :( So sad.

Magmar
26th November 2012, 09:20 PM
CHAD MICHAELS.

YEEEEEES!!!

Oslo
26th November 2012, 11:13 PM
AWWW YEAAAHHHHHH

As much as I would have loved a Yara win, Chad has definitely paid her dues. She deserved to lose against Sharon but this way she still gets to walk home a champion. Good for her. <3

(Omg, srsly, could you imagine if Raven or Shannel would have won? How frightening.)

Magmar
26th November 2012, 11:14 PM
America's next drag superstar is....

......SHANNEL.

NO. That makes no sense. It sounds dirty and wrong.

Oslo
26th November 2012, 11:23 PM
Yeah, ew. :| I'd rather see Santino/the Pit Crew/a workroom stool/many, many of other things take the crown over Shannel.

Oslo
26th November 2012, 11:26 PM
http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/blnc/120719/552r1/8022kk2_20.jpeg

Serving up mahogany meets poor lumbar support realness. Werk!

Magmar
26th November 2012, 11:40 PM
I guess now we just have Season 5 to look forward to :(

Oslo
27th November 2012, 10:54 PM
I don't know how I'm going to cope for two months without RPDR. :(

I vote when it gets closer to the date we do a countdown of our favourite queens or something to get us all geared up for the new season. <3 AndYarawillbenumberoneobviously.

Magmar
28th November 2012, 07:29 AM
Oh, this thread must garner more posts than the presidential election. Obviously, I voted for the Wig Party.

(No, I voted for an actual candidate for presidency, but was really tempted to write in "RuPaul Charles")

Oslo
28th December 2012, 03:53 PM
ONE

MORE

MONTH

AHHHHHHHHH~ *DRAGSPLOSION*

Magmar
29th December 2012, 02:26 PM
Oh my gosh yes! I'm wondering how they're going to censor the names since at least two drag queens have names that cannot be said on television during viewing hours!

Detox + Alaska, anyway, lol.

Oslo
4th January 2013, 02:11 PM
A lot of the advance promotional material seems to be omitting their last names altogether, so I guess that's what they'll do on the show?

Why is it not the 28th yet? T__T I'm wilting. Need more queens.

The_Missing_Link
28th January 2013, 11:35 PM
I can't believe no one has posted their thoughts on the first episode

- I'm really liking Lineysha so far. As long as she has a personality, I can see her go as far or farther than Alexis Mateo

-I really hope they don't drag this Coco vs. Alyssa thing out the whole season. I'm already over it

- heh, Jinkx was pulling off the whole Molly Ringwald thing

- I think I like Jade Jolie just because he wore a pink Power Ranger shirt. Gotta love my generation

Oslo
29th January 2013, 10:21 PM
So, so, so good!

Jade is twelve flavours of adorbz; can't wait to see what she does with the judges' advice. Lineysha was robbed in the main challenge. Serena is annoying. Alaska is no Sharon. Detox is impressive. Boy-Ivy needs to wait a few years before giving the whole facial hair thing another go. Oh, and Jinkx is going to be so much fun to watch. <3

I agree that the Coco/Alyssa dramz are already starting to feel old. I understand why the show would play that up given the fact that the Sharon/Phi Phi rivalry was one of the main talking points of season four, but that plot felt much more evenly paced than this one. Also, one reviewer made a good point that the Coco/Alyssa drama feels more like Phi Phi arguing with herself. It's better when you have somebody you can support.

Sad to see the only plus-sized queen go so early, but I'm excited to see what happens next!

Magmar
31st January 2013, 07:03 AM
I love Jade Jolie already!

I genuinely feel bad for Serena Cha-Cha. She's clearly not ready for the show and OMG SO SCARED because the queens seem to be downright nasty this season. It's like she doesn't know how to act around these genuinely mean people!

I like Lineysha... She reminds me of Yara Sofia + Raven in a way. Roxxxy is cute! Vivienne is also pretty amazing... I loved her polka dot dress :)

Right now I'd have to say I want to see Lineysha, Roxy, Vivienne, and Jade stick it out. Jade acts just like me, only with a girl voice!

Magmar
11th February 2013, 06:18 PM
*butt-bump*

BYE BYE SERENA CHA CHA.

WHO'S GONNA WERK TONIGHT???

Roxxxy, Lineysha, Jade, Jinkx. WERK!

None of this Heathers bo-shit anymore. Not tolerating that ever since they bullied our #yarlexis (well, everyone BUT Yara Sofia was involved in that Heathers vs. Boogers bo-shit.)

Who's going home tonight??? I'm going to guess... PLEASE ALYSSA SASHAY AWAY.

Oslo
11th February 2013, 06:29 PM
Yay, Serena is gone!

I've been growing quite fond of Coco so an Alyssa exit would be just fine by me! I predict it will be Monica, though. Her transitioning storyline was touching and her Rihanna lip sync was fierce, but I don't think she has what it takes to compete. She's sweet but a little busted. D:

Usually I can narrow my favourites down to an easy top three, but this season has so many really, really talented girls! Coco, Lineysha, Jade and Jinkx are my faves... but Roxxxy and Detox are also impressive. That's my ideal top six, except I'm sure Alaska will weasel her way in there somehow. I'm a little on the fence on her. I want to like her but so far something is holding me back. She's too much of a poor man's Sharon.

Magmar
11th February 2013, 10:50 PM
SASHAY AWAY, MONICA. She was cool, but her heart wasn't in it...

Yay for Jinkx for turning it out :)

Oslo
12th February 2013, 09:54 PM
What an episode! I heart a show that can get me gut-laughing. The judges' reaction to the Honey/Coco dummy trainwreck was so, so wonderful. <3

I really, really want to see the best in Coco because I think she's a fierce queen, so her weak-ass performance and scapegoating disappointed me. But yeah, Jinkx killed it! :) Detox and Roxxxy also really impressed me. Once some of the less memorable queens like Vivienne and Ivy get weeded out, this competition is going to be on fire. I can't remember a season with so many talented bitches.

Monica was cool. I hope she finds success. <3

Magmar
17th February 2013, 12:26 PM
I know! So much talent this season! :D

I'm excited that next week is going to be the Snatch Game. We just have to get through this week... I wonder who will go home? I can't wait for a lip sync between Alyssa and Coco.

But still SNATCH GAME OMG YES. I hope we get some quality Jinkx, Lineysha, and Jade Jolie action!

Vivienne... I don't know why but I really like her style. Ivy Winters... not so much. She looks too much like a tool in my neighborhood (as a boy)... so my judgment is clouded!

If I was on RuPaul's Drag Race, my Snatch Game get-up would be Estelle Grady as Sophia... I ALREADY HAVE JOKES WRITTEN.

Oslo
17th February 2013, 03:43 PM
Snatch Game! <3 Always a treat. I'm introducing my housemate to season four and we just watched the Snatch Game episode the other day. Sharon's Michelle Visage, Chad's Cher, the ensuing clusterfuck in the front row... claaaassic. I'm hoping to see some killer impersonations. For some reason, I want to see someone take on Paula Deen.

I would love to see Vivienne come along out of nowhere and just hit a challenge out of the park. So far, she's been pretty under the radar. I'd rather see someone be a hot mess than just kind of play it safe, which is why I want Vivienne to come alive. Otherwise, she'll definitely be gone within the next couple of episodes.

I have no idea who I'd be in the Snatch Game! I can't think of any women I could impersonate. I would sashay away. :(

Magmar
17th February 2013, 05:50 PM
I'm waiting for a Pokemon shoutout and someone to be Jynx. Then I can be all

zyu2jAD6sdo

Oslo
17th February 2013, 07:16 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/Darakh/jynxmonsoon_zpscf547a6e.png

JYNX MONSOON!

She can Sing! She can Rain Dance! She can Attract! She's a one-woman show and she's serving up Ice meets Psychic realness!

Ain't no Gardevoir hunties gonna clock her drag! *snaps fingers*

Magmar
18th February 2013, 05:07 PM
bring the beat JINKX MONSOON.

ooooooooh that's a LOVELY KISS!

Very ATTRACTive!

she'll SING you to sleep!

that dress must've been an ICE PUNCH in the wallet...

oh wait, we're in Generation V, no more all-caps attacks!

Tonight omg. Omg. Can't waitttt <3

Magmar
18th February 2013, 10:55 PM
DOUBLE ELIMINATION.
OMG. OMG.

Oslo
19th February 2013, 02:02 PM
Ahhhh!

Vivienne and Honey were sweet queens. They just weren't bringing it. G'bye.

I'm glad Coco was able to pick herself up after last week. Alyssa's kind of annoying but she definitely deserved her win. Jinkx continues to be all sorts of wonderful and I'm hoping she can do Glamazon like the judges want. I'm warming up to Alaska. Ivy is also sort of growing on me but she continues to be more of an aesthetic than anything. I'm desperately hoping Jade pulls it out and pulls it out hard next week.

The ballet challenge was a really nifty idea.

So pumped for Snatch Game. <3

Magmar
20th February 2013, 11:46 PM
So proud to dedicate my 6,660th post to SHARON NEEDLES :)

The_Missing_Link
23rd February 2013, 12:00 AM
I was watching them lip-synch and I thought Vivienne had a little bit of an edge but then I thought both were pretty underwhelming compared to past bottom performances and they both deserved to go home. I'm glad Ru decided to spare us another week and eliminated both

With the way things are going, I don't see much of a future for Lineysha, Jade, and unfortunately Ivy. Then maybe Alaska followed by an upset elimination (not sure who yet)

Magmar
23rd February 2013, 03:34 PM
I still think Lineysha is a contender, but she needs to step it up. I'm not feeling an Alaska win or a Jade win, either... Ivy's good but I don't think she's the best.

I also don't think Alyssa or Coco are going to take home the crown.

Detox, Roxxxy, Lineysha, and Jinkx are my picks for Top 4 right now!

Oslo
23rd February 2013, 05:16 PM
Oslo predicts...

Top Three: Roxxxy/Jinkx/Detox
Fourth and Fifth: Toss up between Alaska and Lineysha
Sixth, Seventh and Eighth: Toss up between Alyssa, Coco and Ivy
Ninth: Jade

That's just what my gut is telling me. It's hard to say for sure because you can always count on Ru throwing a wrench in the gears. <3

Magmar
24th February 2013, 01:12 AM
Jade could throw in the monkey wrench for Snatch Game though... I mean, if she decides to be Lisa Frank, I'm sure she'll turn it out LOL

CaptainJigglypuff
24th February 2013, 06:07 AM
Alaska is from Pittsburgh which is near where I live!

Magmar
24th February 2013, 11:48 AM
Sharon Needles (Alaska's partner) also lives in Pittsburgh and won Season 4 of RPDR! :) You should see Sharon live sometime. If you're into Rocky Horror, you'll LOVE Sharon because she's RHPS to the next level.

6,666th post in size 6 font dedicated to the Queen of All Queens, Her Majesty Sharon Needles!!

I get to meet Chad Michaels tonight :) (She won All-Stars and is FIERCE!)

Oslo
26th February 2013, 07:52 PM
Welp, TML called it! You are a fierce queen, Lineysha. <3

And omg, Jinkx destroyed this challenge. Well done, gurl.

Magmar
27th February 2013, 06:16 PM
I guess I have to be 100% Team Jinkx Monsoon now that Lineysha Sparx is gone! She KILLED IT!

That was too predictable, RuPaul, putting Jade, Coco, and Alyssa in a room today. JADE, WHEN YOU GOING TO DO BAD OR GOOD? Girl is so mediocre on this show!

I was so disappointed with the Snatch Game. I was really thinking that Jinkx and Alaska were good, Jade and Coco were ... okay ... and everyone else really bombed it. Good on Jinkx for sticking up for herself and, in a weird turn of events, almost defending the fact that she did well on the challenge by saying that at this point, you should know Snatch Game is coming and you should be ready.

Oslo
27th February 2013, 10:49 PM
While season four's Snatch Game had absolutely delicious levels of trainwreck realness, with a couple of exceptions like Chad and Sharon, this time around it wasn't really bad in a fun way. It was just... well, bad. To be honest, I thought Ivy was worse than either Detox or Lineysha. She picked Marilyn but couldn't pull off the "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" voice and missed Ru's clear JFK reference. Improv is hard but dang, girl. Come prepared. There's just something about messing up Marilyn that seems so much more offensive than messing up Katy Perry. Not sure why.

At least it makes Jinkx's stellar performance seem even better by comparison.

Magmar
2nd March 2013, 07:12 PM
I guess TPM should officially endorse Jinkx Monsoon. Can someone photoshop that? ;D

The_Missing_Link
4th March 2013, 10:29 PM
Oh shit, two in a row. Can I be stopped?

Magmar
4th March 2013, 10:35 PM
Goodbye Jade Jolie :(

The_Missing_Link
4th March 2013, 10:44 PM
I'll always respect her for her Jake hat. Plus, she seems like a cool person anyway

Oslo
5th March 2013, 09:11 PM
She kind of peaked after the first episode, IMO. Neat girl, but it was her time to go. I hope she finds success!

Since TML is kind of on a roll right now with her predictions, does that mean Ivy is sunk next week? :O :O Are immunities still in effect? 'Cause if not, Ivy is screwed.

Magmar
6th March 2013, 10:32 PM
Ivy's doing alright, actually! I don't mind her, but doing shots of tequila every time Ru says IIIVY WINTERRRS can be painful after a while :P

SPEAKING OF! I just wanted to point this out because it's amusing to me, but in more rural Rhode Island, the way RuPaul says "Ivy Winters" is exactly how your average Joe would say it. You'd hear it more on the Mass. border.

The_Missing_Link
11th March 2013, 11:39 PM
Aww hell no. Roxxxy just pulled that moment out of her ass. Her story is real and it makes more sense now since she talked about it during Untucked but the moment she thinks she's going to get eliminated, there goes the tears

Now granted, both of them performed great but "Whip My Hair" can be such a cop-out since all you have to do is gyrate and whip your fucking hair. From what I saw, Alyssa had her back to the camera half the time

At least this protects my predictions. I thought Ivy would be sent home and she was in danger but managed to suck way less than the other two. I had to mute them, it was so painful. It was great when they cut out Alyssa's mic

Oslo
13th March 2013, 10:40 AM
Yeah, there defo had to be at least a little strategy motivating Roxxxy's admission. I'm okay with it since teary monologues at opportune moments are part of this show's charm. The ability to bust out the waterworks is just another skill in a queen's arsenal and omg, did Roxxxy ever use it well.

The lip sync was definitely strange. Fun and high-energy but I really think any one of us could have gone up on that stage and done the same thing. Roxxxy's wig-flipping moment was absolutely priceless, though! Ahhhh! I was dying. Such a hilarious send-up of all the wig wars that went on last season. Very clever. Oslo approves.

I'm kind of conflicted about Coco's win. On one hand, I thought Alaska and Jinkx were funnier. On the other, I'm happy Coco got her moment. Girl has major talent and hasn't been showing it. I'm glad she's put aside the pity and the blame and decided to be fierce.

Hoping it's Ivy next. She's not entertaining me as much as the others, either on the stage or in the workroom. No T no shade!

Magmar
13th March 2013, 07:47 PM
Ivy Winters is kind of quiet! She has a lot of talent though.

I loved the lip sync. I really have to agree with Jinkx, though, in that it's definitely time for either Coco or Alyssa to go. I'll take ten of Ivy over one Alyssa.

And Jinkx <3 ahhh she's doing so well!!

I want to see more handmade couture though. I feel like last season required more of it, and the outfits are much more interesting.

Oslo
13th March 2013, 10:07 PM
Alyssa is definitely a hot mess, but I love her as a character. She walks the line between reality TV show villain and stooge so well. The way she kept guffawing at her terrible jokes almost had me in tears. I hope we get at least a couple more episodes with her before she sashays!

I second your call for more handmade couture!

Magmar
18th March 2013, 06:14 PM
OSLO! TONIGHT! <3

Let's go Jinkx!!!

Oslo
18th March 2013, 07:07 PM
Another Monday, another chance for see Jinkx mop the floor with the other queens. <3 I cannot wait to see what she brings. This is the fishiest season yet, so it will be oh-so-delightful if a campy queen takes the crown.

Is it weird that I think boy-Jinkx is pretty cute? He has some pretty strong features, but I kinda just want to give him a big ol' hug. It might just be his loveable personality. Idk.

The_Missing_Link
18th March 2013, 10:26 PM
Well, I'm 3 for 3 (got super lucky with the double save last week). I hope I'm wrong next week about Alaska though. Maybe it'll be Alyssa or Coco instead?

Magmar
18th March 2013, 10:46 PM
Next week, either Rolaskatox(?) breaks up, or Coco/Alyssa ends, orrrrr Jinkx goes home :( although Jinkx killed it once again!

I was surprised to see Ivy go home tonight. I thought she wasn't the best, but she wasn't bottom two. Roxxxy was wearing umm... I think Sailor Moon got half-dressed then walked the runway. o_O;

The_Missing_Link
18th March 2013, 11:04 PM
Well, right now it's Rotox since Alaska rightfully left the group two weeks ago but I didn't hear any catchphrases so maybe they toned it down

Oslo
19th March 2013, 09:31 PM
That was a really great episode! Ivy is all sorts of adorable, but a little short on Charisma and Nerve. I agree her commercial wasn't the absolute worst, though. Either way, I'm glad Alaska got a win. Girl was hurting for one.

I don't have a single doubt in my mind that Jinkx will take the crown. The editors keep pulling our focus her way. She was the one who got the touching "we are the seven sisters" confessional at the end of last week's episode and she got that random "omg ;_;" confessional when Ivy sashayed. It made sense given the context but the editors wouldn't have given us that if they weren't trying to make us root for Jinkx. She has to win.

And it will be amazing when she does. <3

Andrew
20th March 2013, 05:39 AM
If you can't love yourself, how the hell can you love somebody else? Can I get an amen?

Oslo
20th March 2013, 01:16 PM
NSaJkO_2CNA

Magmar
23rd March 2013, 11:17 AM
NSaJkO_2CNA

omg. thank you rupaul!

Oslo
25th March 2013, 11:39 AM
Who's gonna go tonight???? :O :O TML, care to extend your prediction streak?

It makes sense that it would be either Coco or Alyssa. I would love Alyssa to squeak by just one more week simply because she's such a nut. Seriously, this had me in stitches...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/5771a520b068cc6f5e8101b9ae37056c/tumblr_mjx354kY5D1qgb5p1o1_250.gifhttp://24.media.tumblr.com/c8cc25815de3fb808a27e97442ec985a/tumblr_mjx354kY5D1qgb5p1o2_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/a24c28f12e776b137a9d04a22ed89477/tumblr_mjx354kY5D1qgb5p1o5_250.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/2a3221f4719dc8444579567093746191/tumblr_mjx354kY5D1qgb5p1o7_250.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/22b95fe5e1af0e33872a3a86d9c76ffd/tumblr_mjx354kY5D1qgb5p1o9_250.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/330156092608773da84002b8378c3efc/tumblr_mjx354kY5D1qgb5p1o10_250.gif

Also, whoever wins tonight's challenge will be the first queen this season to have won more than once! It better be Jinkx. <3

Magmar
25th March 2013, 04:05 PM
I think it's Roxxxy's turn to go... Alyssa may follow shortly thereafter bur Roxxxy just hasn't done well in ages!

Oslo
25th March 2013, 05:58 PM
Yeah, Roxxxy does nothing for me so I'd be okay if she sashayed.

The_Missing_Link
25th March 2013, 06:54 PM
I actually found some spoilers so if they're right, I know who the top 3 is. I wish I hadn't seen them so I could do more predictions but that's ok. It'll still be fun to watch the show

Magmar
26th March 2013, 07:06 PM
Keep it to yourself darling! <3

@Oslo: I'm in a raffle to win plane tickets. If I do, I'm so traveling to Seattle so I can go to Vancouver and hang out with my buddy Canadian Mike.... and if so WE SHOULD HANG MANG. it'll be all #TPMBC13 or some shit. we'll watch drag race. it'll be rad

Oslo
27th March 2013, 01:13 PM
I'm like terminally awkward so, you know, prepare for that.

Andrew
28th March 2013, 07:28 PM
Let's share Drag Race fanart we find.

http://i.imgur.com/Q6F1kpz.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ns1OTo2.jpg

The_Missing_Link
28th March 2013, 11:15 PM
omg, those pictures of Alyssa are amazing

Magmar
1st April 2013, 11:17 PM
OMG GOODBYE ALYSSA. :D

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSe_-Gcee_RV_L8MAdX3lt7U4d4Qol5l-zCalmimizsu7zM-pFSEE YA

Oslo
2nd April 2013, 07:04 AM
As far as hot messes go, Alyssa was amazing. <3 She was an incredible character and I'm glad she made it as far as she did. She'd better be on the next All-Stars or else!

Magmar
8th April 2013, 08:28 AM
If they do another all-star season, Alyssa will be a staple of the competition. I'm sure they'd bring her back!

Anyway, I'm so excited for tonight <3

Andrew
8th April 2013, 09:02 AM
There is not enough DragRace Art here people.

http://i.imgur.com/O7d13gl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/83vW3CR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JRKegi0.png http://i.imgur.com/xqqD6wY.png
Who are your alltime favs?

Mine are JuJuBee, Pandora Boxx, Raja, Manilla, Chad Michaels, Sharon Needles and probs now I can add Alaska & Jinkxx to the list as well!

Oslo
8th April 2013, 11:08 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ccec075fa1d2e2e38be8eee038ee1111/tumblr_midpd5B7EX1qa1qr9o1_500.png

I like Ongina, Nina, Yara, Manila, Raja, Willam, Latrice, Sharon, Alyssa and Jinkx. <3 OMG SO MANY QUEENS. Alaska might also qualify! She's growing on me.

The other night I totally had a sexy dream starring boy-Sharon. I'm... not even attracted to him tbh, but yay?

The_Missing_Link
8th April 2013, 09:46 PM
I think this episode is probably one of the best I've seen, in terms of awesomeness and satisfaction in seeing Coco leaving. I'm usually a fan of transformation episodes but having gay veterans this time around upped the coolness factor

I seriously hope they do this exact same episode next season

Magmar
9th April 2013, 10:13 AM
Oh, Jinkx! <3 America's drag sweetheart. Generally, we don't see the sweetheart get this far, and usually they go home before the final 3 (like Yara Sofia, Latrice Royale, Pandora Boxx). I'm glad Jinkx is doing so well... I think she deserves a shot at Top 3!

Plus how kind she was to her veteran and how committed she was to making sure he was comfortable. Oh, she's such a doll! She can dance, she can sing, she's versatile (she can look glamorous or spooky without juxtaposing the two every time)... but her personality is why I want to see her go all the way!

http://newnownext.mtvnimages.com/2013/04/jinkx-monsoon-dia-de-los-muertos.jpg
THIS. That's charisma, uniqueness, nerve, talent 110%!

Oslo
10th April 2013, 08:36 PM
Yeah, Jinkx is incredible. <3 All those confessionals about looking out for her drag vet go along with my previous post about the editors wanting to make sure we love her so we're pleased when she's inevitably crowned. Alaska also has a good storyline/edit and she's really hitting her stride in the competition, but I don't see her going past runner-up.

Magmar, can we just become bffs with Yara and Jinkx and spend our days touring the continent one drag show to the next? Where do we go to sign up for that amazing life?

Magmar
10th April 2013, 08:49 PM
Let's! <3

#YarJinkSloMar?

CaptainJigglypuff
10th April 2013, 08:52 PM
Alaska is fro around my area! I cqan't afford the cable package that air's Drag race so I missed the last few seasons.... :(

Oslo
11th April 2013, 12:00 AM
In the States I believe you can watch full episodes on logotv.com. :) Or whatever other streaming services you prefer. I don't have the cable package that includes OUTtv so I have to watch it online.

Was anyone else interested when Coco said she'd never done another queen's make-up before? It's kind of strange considering she's been in the business longer than any of her competitors. I know she headlines her own show and has found tremendous success, but I wonder if she's like Willam in that her exposure came at the cost of a tight drag family. I found it a little sad.

Magmar
11th April 2013, 08:03 AM
It's possible that Coco and Alyssa were each other's drag family, so their split was exceptionally impactful.

Oh master of the :039:s, click http://www.logotv.com/video/rupauls-drag-race-episode-10-super-troopers/1705161/playlist.jhtml to see the episode!

Oslo
16th April 2013, 04:31 AM
Okay, so I've never been Roxxxy's biggest fan but omg she reached absolutely Phi Phi-esque levels of unpleasantness tonight. It was borderline painful to watch. Gurrrl just jealous. Even though her designs were phenomenal and she probably deserved to win over Alaska (though I guess two wins apiece is nice symmetry) I would have loved for her to sashay away.

And Jinkx's lip sync was every bit as sickening as you'd expect. <3 It was like the song had been hand-picked for her and she hit it out of the park. I was so proud. From the second Roxxxy was declared safe, there was no doubt in my mind that Detox was sunk. Rolaskatox (lol Rolodex) has been edited as some toxic creation from day one and there was no way that clique was ever going to comprise the top three. Detox is a solid, well-rounded queen but that whole Haysi Fantayzee look she's been busting out week after week gets old fast. Not broken up to see her go. I'm glad Jinkx put the nail in Rolodex's coffin.

And now I'm going to bed so I can dream about Jinkx and/or candy-covered Doritos. :)

Magmar
18th April 2013, 02:35 PM
How were your candy-covered :124: doritos in your dream? Yikes! Hahaha.

Oh my gosh, I was SO glad that Jinkx sent Detox home... but I would way rather see Roxxxy go home at this point! Alaska and Jinkx for top 2... although Jinkx is still my #1, I can't say that I dislike Alaska for any reason.

But yeah, Roxxxy unleashed pure venom at Jinkx. It's one thing to try to break your competition but it's a completely other thing to attack the character of another person like that. Roxxxy has just proven that she doesn't deserve to represent as America's next drag superstar. That title really belongs to either Jinkx or Alaska.

I still maintain Jinkx is the best candidate for #1. Even though her drag looks aren't as supermodel as Roxxxy's, she can perform. Nobody goes to a drag show to see pretty queens. They go to see performance or, in the case of your average everyday bar queen, just shoot the shit with a wacky character in a bizarre wig and last year's prom dress. Alaska is definitely that hometown grab-a-beverage-with kind of queen; Roxxxy was meant for the stage; but Jinkx juxtaposes the two in a way that I don't think Roxxxy could ever.

Oslo
19th April 2013, 10:08 PM
Yeah, there will defo be riots in gay neighbourhoods all across North America if Roxxxy takes home the crown.

And oh gosh, I could watch this everyday for the rest of my life:

36_8VwNqCMI

Jinkx, we're pulling for you. <3

Magmar
7th May 2013, 07:24 AM
It's Monsoon Season! Congratulations to Jinkx :) yay!

Oslo
7th May 2013, 02:55 PM
A wonderful outcome to a wonderful (Monsoon) season. <3