PDA

View Full Version : thesis power! help me <3

Magmar
19th November 2012, 03:23 PM
Hello all you fabulous TPM folks :)

So, the time is approaching for me to send out my thesis survey... It's in IRB approval wonderland right now.

My population is limited to people who live in the U.S. or Canada who have been working at least part-time for hopefully a decent part of their lives (at least 20 hours).

So this is what I need your help with... if you live in the U.S. or Canada and work at least part time, could I send you my survey? And if so... Is it possible that you are able to pass it on so that I can get a hella diverse response? I want enough responses to see trends and can't do it with less than 150 responses.

Like if you work for a business... I have letters and such that I can send so that employees can fill it out & send it back to me. You can send it to parents to send to their organizations, spouses, coworkers, siblings, friends, whoever you want! I want to input data until my fingers fall off, so please for the love of all that is holy, volunteer <3

BTW my adviser thinks it's adorable that I have a strong global network through this forum. :)

Please if you are interested... and sad face, there is no compensation or benefit to you for doing it or refusing... Just shoot me a PM. Or ask questions here about the process of research & creating a survey. I love you all!

Telume
19th November 2012, 03:44 PM
Couldn't make it an online survey?

I have a couple of people I could probably give it to.

(Including myself.)

Magmar
19th November 2012, 03:51 PM
The original plan was to do it online, but we're doing it over email so that I get experience inputting my own data into SPSS :)

RedStarWarrior
19th November 2012, 03:53 PM
I can participate.

I demand man cuddles though.

ChobiChibi
19th November 2012, 03:54 PM
OH FINE. I SEE HOW IT IS >>

KiddingiloveyouBarry<3

Blademaster
19th November 2012, 10:39 PM
I didn't study. Is that gonna be a problem?

shazza
20th November 2012, 01:59 AM
Fucking SPSS.

Lady Vulpix
25th November 2012, 11:30 AM
I don't live in the US or Canada, but I wish you the best. I'm struggling with my own thesis right now... I'm afraid it's too abstract for anyone other than my supervisor to help, though.

DarkestLight
25th November 2012, 12:40 PM
Send it my way.

Blademaster
26th November 2012, 06:46 PM
Still haven't gotten an answer, just sayin' here...

Magmar
28th November 2012, 07:30 AM
I've been busy with the approval process for this project.

As I get more information, I'll reply to PMs and posts here. I just have so many other papers due for my strategy and diversity classes and AAAAAAAHHHHH~~~~~

ChobiChibi
29th November 2012, 06:42 PM
On a slightly related note, I found a thesis to reference for my essay.

I need to stop finding references and ++wordcount.

7 daaaaays til hand in... ;o;

Magmar
13th March 2013, 05:32 AM
Wheeee, so the thesis survey is going out next week!

If you're still interested in participating (and doing a super fun survey), just please send me your email!

Conditions:
-You gotta have a job...
-And live in the US or Canada. Sorry #TPMUK :(

shazza
13th March 2013, 07:14 AM
#SorryfornotsayingsorryTPMAUS

Asilynne
13th March 2013, 11:23 AM
Hey I'm all for it, sending you my email now :)

ChobiChibi
13th March 2013, 05:44 PM
#SorryfornotsayingsorryTPMAUS

I'm sorry, Shannon, but today is the anniversary of the day that TPMUK parted ways :(

WAAAAAAH D:

Magmar
13th March 2013, 06:32 PM
All the groceries :(

Dark Sage
13th March 2013, 08:59 PM
Sure, I guess so. It won't take long, will it?

Oslo
13th March 2013, 10:09 PM
Oslo would contribute but his research contract is <20 hrs/week. Wah-wah.

Blademaster
16th March 2013, 12:32 AM
I'm here too!